Love Me If You Can

By Asia_Denise_

BOOK 2!!! It's been three years, since Delondon and Micah broke up. In those three years 22 year Delondon has... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Alternate Ending
New Story

Chapter 20

2.6K 193 8
By Asia_Denise_

Delondon P.O.V

"Aww hell nall, bitch you been showing out lately" Amber said as she placed her hand on her pregnant bell belly. She was about to pop any day now. Her baby shower was a few weeks ago and it was one of the beautiful baby showers I had ever been too. Baby girl Reign truly will have some of the best parents. It means a lot to me that Tonio and her asked me to m the Godmother. I've been going crazy shopping for my God baby to the point where Amber told me to keep that shit at my place because it's too much.

I smiled at Amber and Amor. "Showing out how?" I asked looking down at them. They were both sitting, and I was standing. We were at the basketball court because there was a charity basketball game going and the guys were playing. It's the same type of Basketball game they used to have back in college, but everyone is all professional now, so they decided to raise money and make it a nice community event. With Micah having a celebrity status, it brought crowds of people out, thus raising more money. You had vendors selling things, food trucks, face painting and bouncy houses for the kids. Just the whole nine.

"Your ass been showing up to everything lately, Miss I be working" Amor said rolling her neck. I chuckled slightly. They were right. I've been coming to 80% of the events I'm invited to. As opposed to a last year when I wasn't coming to anything.

"First of all I do be working, but you know I been on top of my shit lately so I got people who can do certain things for me when I'm out the office". Like I said early I had worked my way to one of the top spots at firm. Although I basically neglected my friends over the past year, I really have been working my ass off. Kim even talks about me, maybe being a partner one day if that's what I want but I'm not sure because one day I may want to open my PR firm. "And secondly I'm just trying to get back to myself" I said. Amber nodded her head.

"I understand that boo. You didn't bring a chair?" Amor asked. I shook my head no. I really didn't think the place would be this packed.

"No but I saw someone selling them over by the food trucks. I just wanted to come speak to yall first, but I'll be back." I said walking back over to where they were selling chairs. Hope they don't cost too damn much. I was standing in line waiting to buy my chair when Micah walked up to me.

"I thought you was in a relationship" he said looking me up and down. I frowned.

"Um I am" I said back still confused.

"He let you come out the house like that?" he questioned. I had on some 2pc black short set and some fur slides.

"First of all, I'm a grown ass woman. Can't nobody tell me what to and what not to wear. Plus, Kane is very much secure" I said, which was a damn lie. Kane definitely was not secure and lately we been arguing. Well he been arguing I been ignoring the fuck out of his ass. When I meet him I was in the mist of pulling myself out of a depression, so I was kind of a homebody but I've been going out with my friends more and spending time with them and now he always seems to have an issue with that. Especially since I told him Micah was my ex. I really didn't want to but Kane is a fan of Micah's and he own a few restaurants with some of them being a sports bar. He wanted me to ask Micah if he could come and participate in a few events. Not wanting him to hear it from anybody else, I just went on ahead and told him who Micah was to me. It seemed fine with the information at first but then his insecurities started setting in, the more I hung out with my friends. Most of time it's just Amber, Amor and I but this man be so convinced that I be around Micah.

"I don't know, he really don't look too secure to me, but anyway did you want to place a bet on any team?" he asked. I mugged the fuck out if him. Everyone always sees when I lash out at this motherfucker, but nobody ever sees when he's provoking me.

"Don't provoke me" I said still with a mug. "And yea I would like to put $100 on whichever team you're not playing on" I said rolling my eyes. He looked at me shook his head.

"One day you'll learn to not bet against me" he said writing my name down. Whatever. "What you are doing in this line though?" he asked.

"Trying to buy a chair" I said sighing. Sometimes Micah's presence just aggravates me. It's nothing new, like it's been like this since I meet him. He pulled out his phone.

"Oh, I got some in the car, don't buy that high priced shit" he said dialing a number. "Hey Shane, can you get a chair out of my car and bring it to Miss. Jordan. She's going to be standing by the vendors" he said before hanging up.

"Thank you" I said.

"You're not welcomed" he said smirking and walking off. I looked at him confused. Like dude be being weird as fuck sometimes. Like how do you do something nice for somebody and then do that. Shaking head, I waited for Shane to bring me the chair. It didn't take him long.

"Hey De" he said walking up to me.

"Hey Shane" I said giving him a side hug. Shane was about the same age as me. He had plans to one day be a sports journalist too, but he was still in college because he started late. Although he's Micah's assistant he really is shadowing Micah. He was handsome. He wasn't very tall, but his frame made up for his height and he was a hit with ladies, which is the real reason I don't think he minds being Micah's assistant. I'm ashamed to say this but when Micah and I wasn't speaking, and I would hit Shane up and ask about it. Sprung bitch behavior, I know.

"So, where you want this chair" he asked as we began walking back towards the basketball court. I pointed towards where Amor and Amber was sitting. We walked towards that way. "So Nicki, how has she been?" he asked. I put my hand up. Shane and Nicki, my assistant, started chilling with each other last year in L.A. She told me that Shane was a ladies' man and she didn't want any parts of that.

"Mhmm she told me not to tell you anything about her" I said, shaking my head. He laughed a little.

"Come on, I used to tell you about Micah" he said.

"Did he tell you not?" I asked. He shook his head no. "Ok then Nicki specifically told me not to. She said you still be hitting her line though" I said. He licked his lips.

"I mean maybe I do" he said. I laughed shaking my head.

"All I can say is, if you're really interested in her, you definitely have to come correct." I said as he sat the chair down for me. "Thanks for the chair Shane" I said. He nodded his head and waved at Amor and Amber before walking away in the direction of Micah.

"You didn't invite Kane" Amor asked.

I rolled my eyes, but she couldn't tell because I had shades on. "He's working" I said keeping it short. She just nodded her head and we started talking about something else.

Once the game was over I was getting ready to head back home. "De we going to eat, you want to come" Amber asked. I nodded my head no. I can't even lie my social battery was starting to die. I loved my friends but I also like being by myself at times.

"We going to that Mexican restaurant, you like" Amor said in song like way. She definitely caught my attention. I've never been the one to turn down a house special and a margarita.

"The one by campus" I asked with a raised eyebrow. Amber nodded. "Oh bitch, I'll meet yall there" I said making them laugh. I tried looking for either Shane or Micah to give them back the chair but I couldn't find either. I just packed the chair up in my truck and I guess I'll give it too him later.

Once I got to the restaurant, I waited for Amor and Amber. It was just the three of us. We got our table and started to order our food.

"So I think Chris is going to pop the question soon" Amor said smiling. Chris and Amor have been together since freshman year of college, they both are super successful so them getting married seems very fitting.

"You think so?" I asked smirking. Amor tries to play it off as if she doesn't care if she ever gets married but we all know that one day she wants to marry Chris and have kids.

"I thought your ass didn't want to get married" Amber asked scooping up some salsa.

"I mean marriage has never been a huge goal for me, but I mean it's Chris, I'd probably travel to the moon and back with him" Amor said. Awe. Amor isn't the type to be all in touch with her feelings, so I know my sis is ready for this next step in her life.

"Awe, y'all are too cute and marriage is beautiful, sometimes" Amber said rolling her eyes. Amor and I laughed. We all know Amber was head over heels for Tonio, but sis says he is aggravating but what man isn't. That's what couples are supposed to do.

"So De, do you think you see, you and Kane getting married" Amor asked. Amor really liked Kane, although she had only meet him twice and honestly don't think she genuinely likes him, she just don't want me to be that other guy.

"Why would I think that" I asked confused. I mean we have only been together for about 5 months. I guess for some people that's a long time but for me it's not. I wouldn't think about marriage after only 5 months. Plus I'm still young, I know a lot of friends are getting married but I have time...right.

"I mean you know when you first told me about him, you sounded like he was such a great guy" Amor said taking a sip of her margarita.

"Yea Amor, every guy is great at the beginning" I said. Amber nodded her head.

"She got a point there" Amber said. Amor shrugged her shoulders, with a slight head nod.

"And honestly I never meant for a relationship to happen between me and Kane, it just kind of happened" I said. Kane was the first guy I gave a chance to after I was able to gather myself, it was fun at first and nice to have some male attention.

"Well aren't those the best time of relationships, the ones that happen unexpectlt" Amor asked. I nodded my head. Usually those are the best types of relationship. Kane and I relationship isn't perfect but nothing is to the point where I want to bring up with him or anything, I think I'm just starting to learn more about him. This is probably just the end of the honeymoon phase.

"I mean yea but I really just want to see where things go" I said sipping my drink.

"Well you sure do look a lot happier, so maybe that's a sign" Amor said. I frowned.

"Yea, I look a lot happier because I am but it's not because of Kane. I'm happy because I found happiness within myself. I'd never look for it in another person. Kane could leave me tomorrow and this glow would still be here" I said. Amber smiled and gave me a high five.

"That's what I'm talking about bitch, you don't need no nigga to be happy because making yourself happy is something nobody can take away from you" Amber said smiling.

"My apologies, I wasn't saying it like that" Amor said quickly. I waved her off. I know she didn't mean it like that but I still had to let her know. My phone had be going crazy in my lap. I excused myself from the table and went to answer it.

"Hello" I answered as I walked outside of the restaurant.

"Hey bae, where you at" he asked. It sounded like he was in his car driving.

"At dinner with Amber and Amor" I answered.

"Oh ok, I thought you would have been home by now. You said the game wasn't going to last that long" he said.

"Yea it didn't but they asked me if I want to grab some dinner" I answered. The line was silent for a second.

"Who with again" he asked. I rolled my eyes. Here we go.

"Amor and Amber" I answered.

"Your ex there?" he asked.

"Damn do you want to take him out or something, I mean you keep bringing up an ex from college. What's up with that?" I asked. I'm definitely am not about to deal with these types of questions every time I go. I'm a grown ass woman.

"See why you are getting so hostile, I was just asking a question" he said.

"And you're asking dumb questions. I already told you twice who I was with, so why are still asking." I said, I was starting to get slightly irritated, but I was trying to refrain myself from yelling.

"Damn it's crime to ask a question" he said. I rolled my eyes. See no.

"Alright Kane bye" I said hanging up the phone without giving him a chance to respond. Nigga don't want shit but to get on my damn nerves. I opened the door to go back into the restaurant and Amber and Amor was walking out.

"We need to go to the hospital, her water broke" Amor said loudly as she walked behind Amber.

Panic kicked in as I quickly unlocked my car door and helped Amor get Amber into my back sister. I'm about to have a God baby. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95 1 7
Once upon a time, they were inseparable. Everyone thought they would end up at the altar after almost a decade of being together. Until one day when...
271K 14.4K 63
*BOOK 2 in the Gang Life series. * (EDITING BUT COMPLETE) "Please! Don't!" My victim begs. I stare into their eyes and almost laugh. "Why?" I ask...
129K 3.4K 27
[Book 2] ••••••••••• After constantly being lied to and betrayed from not only her family but also her once best friend, Angela finds it hard to be a...
12.5K 235 17
♡ "So you really do love my cat more than me.." "lol yes. " - You had just broken up with your toxic ex-boyfriend, when you had suddenly gotten close...