Chalex Oneshots

By alexstandallssmile

A series of Oneshots about Alex Standall and Charlie St.George from 13 Reasons Why. Pls leave requests in th... More

Alex Can't Sleep
The Accident
The First Game
Jealous
Helpful Yoda
The Test
Relapse
The Proposal
Recovery
The Wedding
Bad Day

Aninversaries & Screaming Children

1.5K 24 22
By alexstandallssmile

*June 5th, 2030*

"So what do you fancy doing today then?" Alex smirked, winking seductively as both he and Charlie pulled into the driveway. It was 9:00am, and after dropping the kids off at school, the day was theirs to seize.

It had been 6 years to this day, that they had finally settled down. Charlie was convinced that getting married to Alex Standall was like a breath of fresh air, the fight to breathe it all in, but then the calming, welcoming exhale, when you realised it couldn't get better. That was life with Alex. It couldn't be any better.

After about a year of meddling with adoption agencies, and working long nights for little pay, the pair had hit the jackpot, blessed with a set of twins more gorgeous than Charlie could describe. They were bright, bold and happy, but totally unlike each other. Polar opposites was the only way they could be described.

Mia and Jack had just turned 5, the 'crazy age' as Alex called it, his head sometimes spinning as they'd run circles around him, throwing toys like grenades with screams loud enough "to send him deaf". He was constantly exhausted, but god was it worth it.

"I don't mind, but I do know one thing." Charlie chuckled, turning off the engine, as he leaned over the seat. "I have wanted to do this for the whole car journey."  He saw a smile plaster itself on Alex's face, as he cupped his cheek gently in his hand. His soft skin, made Charlie fuzzy, almost delirious as he leaned in, pulling Alex towards him. He gradually accepted and they shared a long passionate kiss, roughly tugging on each other's shirts. Alex was beautiful. And he was his.

"Happy anniversary baby" Alex whispered, regaining his breath, as they pulled away. His warm touch on Charlie's neck, almost tied his tongue, but he managed to mouth 'I love you' as they leaned in again. Today was going to be a good one.

"Buzz buzz, buzz buzz"

"Who's that?" Charlie questioned, now opening the car door. They were on their way back inside, when Alex's phone began to ring, his all so familiar ring tone echoing against his trouser pocket. He accepted the call, and shooed him away as he opened the front door, curious as to whether the call was important or not.

"Yes...yes, we will come down there straight away...okay...bye." He hung up almost immediately, and took the keys out of Charlie's hand. Charlie was dumbstruck at first, but his face softened as Alex began to head to the car. He had a feeling that he knew what was wrong.

"Is it Jack again?"  Charlie asked, following him into the passenger seat. "Was that the school?"

This was the thing about Jack. He was a five year old boy, who was most of the time very happy, but he differed from his sister, this is when it came to school. They had only started less than a year ago, both with different attitudes, and both with different friends. Mia had always been very outgoing, her bubbly personality making her confident, cheeky even, rather like Charlie. But then there was Jack, who was the quieter of the two, almost like Alex. Always quite nervous, apprehensive, when it came to school especially. He hadn't been doing too well at the moment, and the school ringing up was a usual occurrence.

"Apparently he is pining to go home again." Alex sighed, starting up the engine "The principal says that he was in floods of tears, cowering in the toilets. He is down in the nurseS office." For a five year old, it was normal to have separation issues, but with Jack something was different. He was frightened to be away from the pair, and his frail personality hadn't helped. They had brought them both up from 6 months old, but they were both so different.

Charlie looked across at Alex, smiling sadly at the anxious look on his face. "He'll be okay Lex." He whispered, reaching out to place his hand over his husband's.

Alex shook his head, gulping back the obvious lump in his throat. He was terrified, terrified that Jack would turn out like him. "What if it's me Charlie, what if I've turned him into a nervous wreck, what if he ends up like me?" He panicked, pulling into the school car park.

"Then he'll be the kindest person this world has seen." Charlie reassured, his hand cupping his chin. "He's just fine Lex, this just happens sometimes." Alex nodded, proceeding to get out of the car. This was becoming too frequent.

As they reached the school gates, the familiar routine was about to start again. Jack was closer to Alex when it came to school, always pining for him, rather than Charlie. The pair thought it was because Alex was the calmer one of then both, always good at dealing with tricky situations. So Alex would talk to him, and persuade him to stay, whilst Charlie talked with the principle, informing him on how the situation was yet to change, how they still had trouble getting him to school in the morning.

"I'm here for Jack Standall-St.George, I'm his dad." Alex smiled as they stood against the office desk. Before they knew it, they were being led to the medical room, to find their little boy huddled in the corner on a chair, his heavy breathing and red puffy eyes, a sight no parent should see.

"little man?" Alex smiled, as Jack looked up, drying his tears on his jumper sleeve. He began to kneel down beside him and took his little hands in his. "What's up baby?" He cooed, massaging comforting circles into his palms.

"I w-want t-to g-go home!" Jack whined, falling into Alex's chest as he did so. Charlie began to crouch down next to them as Alex pulled Jack close, fiddling with his golden stands of curly hair.

"You can't just stay at home baby, as much as we would love you to." Alex explained, pulling him onto his knee. "Everyone has to go to school at some point, just for a few years."
He smiled, placing a kiss on his forehead.

"No. I-I d-don't want t-to!" He started to cry again, his foot kicking out as he wriggled from Alex's grasp. He flew into Charlie's arms, and began to sob violently against his shirt. "Please daddy, please don't make me go out there!" He pleaded, batting against his chest. "PLEASE!"

Charlie glared at Alex with a sad smile, and then back at the principle.

"I suggest that you take him home, Mr St. George. He is in no fit state to stay here today." He shook his head before walking away. Charlie sighed as he saw Alex begin to grab his backpack, and he pulled Jack away from his grip.

"Jack, I need you to listen to me okay?" He said, his hand caressing his little locks of hair. "We're going to take you home, under one condition." He looked up at Charlie as he choked on his tears, there was hope in his eyes as he grabbed his hand. "If you come home today, you have to come here tomorrow, right?"

He watched his son's face fall, his hand snatching itself away as he nodded solemnly. His eyes were still teary, and his nose streamed, but he was still cute, adorable In fact. Charlie watched as Alex picked him up gently, positioning him on his hip as he calmed. Jack rested his head against his chest, and buried his face, almost away from the other kids. They began walking and had soon reached the car.

"Right little man, let's get you home." Alex soothed, placing a small kiss on his forehead. He began to open the car doors, and placed Jack in the back seat. "I'll sit with him, he looks like he needs it right now." He suggested, climbing in next to him, and smiling as Jack's grip on his shirt became tighter.

Charlie couldn't help but watch the pair from the mirror as he drove home, smiling lovingly as he watched Alex stroke Jack's arm in comfort. Jack had fallen asleep, but Alex still proceeded to hold his hand, their bond close as always. In that moment, Charlie felt grateful. Alex was such a good dad.

"So this has been an interesting day so far." He chuckled, rolling his eyes as they reached the house once again. Alex just nodded, unbuckling Jack from his car seat, and cradling him against his chest.

"I'm going to put this one to bed, and then we can start our anniversary." Alex winked, trudging up the stairs. "The little mite has tired himself out, he must be exhausted!" He said as he looked down at the child in his arms. "I love him so much Charlie, but he worries me. I want him to be okay just like his sister" He frowned, gulping back the lump in his throat.

"I know" Charlie whispered to himself. "I do too."
.
.
It was later in the day now, the house quiet as Charlie went to pick up Mia from school. As for Alex, well he was resting up against the sofa. He'd still get tired now and again, and sometimes needed to take a break. As for Jack, he'd been asleep for two hours, but had now joined him in the living room, playing with his toys.

"Daddy?" he stopped playing with his cars and pushed himself onto the sofa, his bottom now firmly sat on Alex's lap. Alex looked up from his computer and turned to face him, his eyes shining in comfort, and a smile spreading across his face.

"What's up little man?" He cooed, taking one of his hands in his. Jack played with the denim strap on his dungarees before looking into his eyes, almost nervously. Before Alex could say anymore, Jack pulled him into a hug, his arms wrapping themselves around his chest.

"Do you love me as much as Mia?" he spoke quietly, his lips were now trembling as he pulled away from Alex's grip. "Mia doesn't make problems Daddy, not like me!" he sniffled, his eyes growing watery for the second time today.

Alex shook his head stretching his arms out for him. The little boy gracefully accepted the comfort and began to suck his thumb against his chest. Alex kissed his hair and pulled him onto his knee so he could see his face properly.

"Daddy Charlie and I love you both more that the world itself."  He started, his heart breaking as he saw him cry. "You are perfect Jack, and you are not or never will be a problem. Always remember what I told you okay?" He smiled, caressing his cheek. "I'm like a flower. You are my little ray of sunshine..."

"And Mia is the water. If you didn't have us both you wouldn't be able to survive." He finished the sentence, his smile now forming again, as he bounced up and down on his knee. "I know the saying Daddy, but why am I the sunshine?" he questioned.

"I'm not sure baby, but it just fits like that. Maybe it's because you remind me of myself a bit. I was a lot like you as a child, the quieter one, not like my brother, but Grandma Standall always said that to me. I was always the sunshine. She said I was the one that made her see light on the darkest of days, happiness even." He thought back to his childhood, and nodded his head. Jack was definitely like him.

"Do I make you happy daddy?" he suddenly replied, standing on the sofa to peck Alex's cheek.

"Happier than I have ever been, little man." He laughed, kissing him back. "You, your sister and your other daddy, have made me the happiest man in the world." He whispered. "There was a time when I thought I would never be happy, but look at me now. That is going to happen for you too Jack, you remember that okay?"

"Good." He replied in a hushed tone, turning on the TV. He was still so young, and had a lot to learn, but Alex already knew, he would one day be a great person, and be just like him, happy, in love, with children of his own.

He settled in silence for just a minute, taking in his cute little boy as his worries seemed to fade away. He was so innocent, he deserved so much good in the world. His thoughts were interrupted as the door opened and another squealing voice entered the house.

"Daddy daddy, look!!" Mia shouted as she jumped into Alex's arms.  He stood up from the sofa, and kissed her forehead gently. Her dirty blonde ringlets swayed back and forth as He placed her on his hip, smiling as she handed him a card.

"What's this baby girl?" He questioned, placing her down as he opened the envelope.

"It seems that our daughter is quite the little artist." Charlie smiled, now walking over to them as he put the keys down. He pecked Alex on the cheek and wrapped his arms around his waist. "Missed you honey." He whispered into his ear. Alex instantly blushed, and took his hand, still opening the card.

'Happy anniversary daddy Alex & daddy Charlie!'

There was a sparkly green design in front of him, cute little scribbles in a red marker pen on the front, and a heart around the boy's names. Let's just say it was covered in a lot of glitter, as Alex now had twinkling hands too.

"My teacher said I could make one in art!!" She beamed, taking it from him and beginning to read the inside. Mia was such a good reader, all thanks to Charlie, insisting that her and Jack read with him every night before bed time. Alex had to admit it had paid off, she was the brightest in her class.

"To daddy and daddy. Happy ann-ivers-awy, love from Mia." She read confidently, melting Alex's heart as she tried to pronounce big words.

"Thank You baby girl, I love it!" He chuckled placing it on the coffee table. She twirled around in her checkered dress, and kissed his cheek. He rubbed her head and let her run back to Charlie's embrace.

"I'm sorry that I didn't make one daddy, I didn't forget I just..." Alex looked around to find Jack next to Charlie, trying to explain something. Charlie just shook his head and pulled him into a hug. "It's okay Jack, just having you is all we need!" He soothed, pushing him towards his sister.

"You two go and play a bit, I need to make dinner okay?" Alex motioned to the stairs, smirking as they nodded and ran. They were already bickering as they went. Typical siblings, Alex chuckled to himself.

"I didn't know you were making dinner?" Charlie raised his brow, sending a cheeky grin his way. "I think I better film this, I'm sure your mum would love to watch!" He joked, patting him cheekily on the shoulder. Alex shook his head and rolled his eyes, before walking towards the sink and washing his hands.

"For your information, I have been learning this recipe for a while, you know, since you love it so much" He laughed, grabbing a pan from the cupboard.

"Don't tell me, you're cooking yourself?" Charlie joked, swinging his arms around his neck to place a kiss on his cheek.

"Haha you wish St. George" He rolled his eyes, tapping the boy's nose with a wooden spoon. In that moment Alex's eyes lit up, the smaller boy smirking as he walked over to pull something out of his bag. Suddenly there were two little boxes sat in front of Charlie, both wrapped in red paper and a tag hanging off of both of them. Their shiny exterior made them inviting and the younger boy felt fuzzy as he opened them up.

"You like?" Alex laughed, as he peeled the tape from the first one, peering into the box. It was a make your own sushi kit, a food that both Charlie and Alex enjoyed, and went out to get regularly.

"So this is your idea of cooking then?" Charlie teased, emptying out its contents onto the counter top. "I love it babe, it's going to be perfect." He cooed, pressing a peck to his ear.

"Open the second one." Alex pestered, leading him towards it. Charlie pealed the paper down and revealed a beautiful white box, a note saying 'open me' on the top. He pushed the lid off, letting out an inaudible gasp as his eyes grew teary. Inside was a rose gold photo frame, one with tiny shapes on it, all filled in with pictures. There was one of the wedding, and a few with the kids. Basically all of Charlie's happiest memories, there in front of him, beautiful.

"I love you so fucking much!" Charlie sniffed, looping his arms around his husband. Alex nodded in response, before carefully caressing his cheek, still standing on tip toes to give his man a proper kiss. Charlie giggled, lifting Alex by the waist, allowing him to sit on the counter top, arms looped around his neck.

"I have something for you too!" Charlie quickly realised, leaving Alex chilling a few metres off the ground. There was no use trying to get to the floor, his leg had never regained full function, and he struggled to jump down.

Alex's eyes widened as he saw his husband return with a large box, wrapped in gold paper, with an emerald green bow. Charlie placed it on his lap, motioning for him to look inside.

As he uncovered it it revealed a vintage record player, the one he'd been banging on about since he'd introduced Charlie to all of his old music collection. He'd wanted one forever, but they were crazy expensive.

"C-Charlie." He whispered, his breath hitching in shock. "You shouldn't have." His hands looped back around the boy's neck. His forehead resting against his husband's.

"Wait, wait, it gets better." Charlie cooed, pulling back to open up the record player, placing a singular record under its casing.

Alex's eyes lit up as the song began to play, but not just any song. Their song.

'In the town where I grew up, I met a girl'

"Your majesty, will you have this dance with me." Charlie joked, looping his arms around Alex's waist and lifting him off the counter into a standing position.

"You're so cheesy." Alex teased, his head resting in the crook of his husband's neck as the song played. "You make me so happy." He whispered into his ear, pulling back to lock eyes with him.

'Would you like to fall in love with me'

"Happy Anniversary Lex." Charlie hummed, pressing a kiss to his head. "Here's to many more."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

700K 10.3K 139
β€’Requests are OPENβ€’ Imagines/texts/Instagram Posts/Preferences
84.4K 1.5K 42
❋just a book of completely random and unorganized imagines!❋ ✦lowercase intended✦ imagines done for: β† clay jensen β† jeff atkins β† tony padilla β† justin...
194K 6.4K 68
❛ 𝗂'𝗆 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ π–Όπ—ˆπ—‡π—Œπ—Žπ—†π–Ύπ–½ 𝗂𝗇 𝗆𝗒 π—ˆπ—π—‡ 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾. 𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗐𝖾 π—π—ˆπ—ˆ π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‡π—€ π–Ώπ—ˆπ—‹ 𝗍𝗁𝗂�...
68.5K 1.3K 30
not enough clustin fanfic out there! enjoy! fluff:πŸ“ smut:🍌