You&Me: Book 4

By varzanic

Saigon returns to Northern Ridge with mixed feelings. He can't seem to get Archer off of his mind. The moment... More

Chapter 1: Heading Home (Saigon)
Chapter 2: Old Friends (Saigon)
Chapter 3: Family Outing (Saigon)
Chapter 4: Competition (Saigon)
Chapter 5: Chocolate (Archer)
Chapter 6: The Hunt (Saigon)
Chapter 7: Patrol (Saigon)
Chapter 8: Rich and Shiny (Saigon)
Chapter 9: A Night Out (Archer)
Chapter 10: Sensitivity (Archer)
Chapter 11: Not Interested (Saigon)
Chapter 12: Cricket (Saigon)
Chapter 13: Secrets (Archer)
Chapter 14: Rivalry (Archer)
Chapter 15: Glass Shards (Archer)
Chapter 16: Father's Intervention (Archer)
Chapter 17: Bad Decision (Archer)
Chapter 18: Base Acid (Saigon)
Chapter 19: The Next Beta (Archer)
Chapter 20: Disapprove (Saigon)
Chapter 21: Shouldn't Have (Saigon)
Chapter 22: Relationship Sorrows (Saigon)
Chapter 23: Calculated (Saigon)
Chapter 24: Distraught Visitor (Saigon)
Chapter 25: A Second Mate (Archer)
Chapter 26: Such an Ass (Archer)
Chapter 27: A Messy Situation(Archer)
Chapter 28: Shopping (Saigon)
Chapter 29: Movie Night (Archer)
Chapter 31: Fighting Drunken Rogues (Saigon)
Chapter 32: Curse (Archer)
Chapter 33: Advice (Archer)
Chapter 34: Human Holidays (Archer)
Chapter 35: Karen (Archer)
Chapter 36: Cake (Saigon)
Chapter 37: In-Laws (Saigon)
Chapter 38: Panic Attack (Archer)
Chapter 39: Pie (Archer)
Chapter 40: Family Secret (Saigon)
Chapter 41: Egg Casserole (Archer)
Chapter 42: Happy Tears (Archer)
Chapter 43: Rings (Saigon)
Chapter 44: Switch (Archer)
Chapter 45: Bad Reputation (Saigon)
Chapter 46: Boats (Archer)
Chapter 47: A Show (Saigon)
Chapter 48: Happiness (Saigon)
Chapter 49: The Ultimate Present (Archer)
Chapter 50: Love Me (Archer)
Chapter 51: Official Member (Saigon)
Chapter 52: Honeymoon Period
Chapter 53: Mate-Bonding (Archer)
Chapter 54: Sickness (Saigon)
Chapter 55: Open the Door (Archer)
Chapter 56: Nothing (Archer)
Chapter 57: Spray Down (Archer)
Chapter 58: Root Beer (Archer)
Chapter 59: The Train (Archer)
Chapter 60: Let Go Home
Chapter 61: Avalanche (Archer)
Chapter 62: Runaway (Saigon)
Chapter 63: My Way Home (Archer)
Chapter 64: Mating Trial (Archer)
Chapter 65: Marked (Archer)
Chapter 66: Panic Scars (Archer)
Chapter 67: Conversation (Saigon)
Chapter 68: Back Home (Archer)

Chapter 30: Moon Drunk (Saigon)

4.3K 281 16
By varzanic

"So, my grandma found out about you."

"Hmm..." Archer took a drink of orange juice. His nose scrunched up, but he had another sip.

"She invited you to Thanksgiving."

"Human holiday?"

I nodded. "Darius and his family are coming, too."

He shrugged. "I should probably visit my parents. This whole situation was kind of sprung on them."

"She invited them, too." I put together my breakfast sandwich and watched him. "She is big on family and if we...." I cleared my throat. "Anyways, she already got them to agree to it."

"From what I hear, she is good at that." He propped up his head in his hand. "I guess it's already set. What is Thanksgiving at your grandparents' house like?"

I shrugged. "Nothing special. Umm..."

"What?"

"She can be a little forward."

He eyed me. "Like what?"

"I'm her only grandchild. She wants great-grandchildren before she dies."

Archer tapped his finger, not looking impressed. "So, I'm going to spend the day surrounded by humans while your grandma questions me about my sex life. Is that it?"

"We're not inviting the extended family this year." I forced a smile. "The only human will be my grandparents, and I wouldn't consider that the same thing."

Slumping over, Archer wrapped his arms around his head. "Whatever, it's not like I can get out of it." He lifted his head. "What time are you getting home today?"

"Late, I have a group project." I went to the fridge. "Leftovers are right here, and I left a note on how long to heat it up in the microwave."

"Sounds good."

"Call me if you need anything. Do you want me to show you how to do it again?"

Archer shook his head. "I just go to that one picture and your name is on the list."

"Yep, just press on it and it'll call me." I wrapped up my sandwich. "I better go." Walking around the counter, I kissed his cheek.

Turning his head, he gave me a proper kiss. My chest fluttered and I tried to hold in a smile.

"Have a good day. I'll protect the house."

"You always do," I laughed. "I'll text you when I'm on my way home."

***

(Archer)

I watched the phone as the sun set outside. It was getting darker and the full moon would be out soon. How was I going to hide this? I could go to bed early. I was so stressed out I hadn't bothered to eat.

Hurrying upstairs, I opened the blinds. Where would the moon be? It was hard to tell. This city had my sense of direction messed up. Going back downstairs, I checked the other windows. All the damn trees were in the way. I could handle this. I dropped to my knees and focused on breathing. I had tried hiding from the full moon before and it had been the worst night of my life. It only lasted a few hours before I gave up, but the next day, I felt it. It had left my body so tense that my muscles were so sore it hurt to move.

How was I going to hide this from Saigon? Being home late, didn't mean he wasn't coming home. I heard buzzing. Racing to the living room, I grabbed the phone. The text read that he was on his way. I was starting to get jittery. Sinking to the floor, I rested my head on the couch. I wanted to shift. The hair on my arm was standing on end.

Kneeling there, I focused on my breathing. It was getting darker and darker outside.

The front door opened. "Archer, I'm home." Saigon dropped his bag on the ground. "Archer, where are you?" He spotted me. "Oh my god, what's wrong?"

He raced over. I must have looked awful. I felt like it.

Saigon pulled back the neck of my shirt. "You in a partial transformation. What's happened?"

I turned my head away from him. "Just leave me alone. It'll be over in the morning." I let out a shaky breath.

"What's wrong? You can tell me." He rubbed my back.

"You'll make fun of me."

"Archer, I want to help." Saigon hugged me.

"The moon," I muttered.

He seemed confused but slowly came to realize what I meant. "You have a moon sensitivity?"

I hid my face in the couch and waited. It was annoying that I was getting emotional about something so stupid. Saigon left my side and hurried around the house. I snuck a peek as he went into the kitchen. Hugging my arms around my chest, I focused on breathing.

He ran upstairs and I heard him moving around. Saigon returned and placed a blanket around my shoulders. His phone was pressed to his ear.

"Hey," said Saigon. "Archer is in rough shape. He has a moon sensitivity."

I flinched. Who was he talking to?

"Where do you take Liam? The lighting in the house is horrible." He hummed a few yeses. "Alright, got it, thanks. We'll be there in a few minutes." Saigon hung up. "I'm taking you to Cyrus and Liam's place. They have a private roof terrace."

"Does—" I swallowed hard.

Saigon tucked the blanket around me. "Liam has the same thing. It's the reason they bought that particular house. It's pretty far from campus, though."

"I can't walk." I felt my breathing start to get heavy. "I don't have the strength to get there."

"Good thing I have the truck sitting in the garage." Taking off his clothes, Saigon shifted and picked me up. He carried me to the garage and somehow got the passenger door open.

I scooted into the seat and laid my head on the center console while Saigon ran back inside to get his clothes. Pulling on his shirt, Saigon jogged down the steps. He climbed behind the wheel and started the vehicle.

"Can you make it a bit longer?" He pulled the blanket over my shoulder.

I nodded. "I don't really have a choice."

He pressed the garage opener. "Well, then let's not waste any time getting there."

***

(Saigon)

I pulled into the garage and turned off the truck. Climbing out, I hurried around the front to get Archer. He was completely out, and fur covered his arms. I took off my clothes and shifted before picking him up. Letting out a sigh, he curled up against me. The moonlight shining through the window had helped calm him down.

Cyrus was waiting at the door. "How is he?"

"Out of it."

"Liam is the same. Come on in." He waved me inside.

I followed Cyrus to the staircase and we headed up to the third floor. They had put up a few privacy walls but the full moon shone clearly above. Archer visibly melted in my arm as the tension left his body. Liam was lying on a mattress in the middle of the porch surrounded by pillows. I placed Archer down beside him and removed his clothes. He shifted the moment the moon ran across his skin. Folding his clothes, I put them on a nearby table.

Cyrus gripped my shoulder. "Welcome to the club."

"What?" I laughed.

"You have a partner that gets drunk on the moon." He motioned to the pair. "Liam is stunning during a full moon. His fur almost glows." He smiled at his mate. "Sometimes, I wonder what it feels like."

Archer was beautiful. It was surprising that he had kept it hidden from me for long. I walked to his side and sat on the edge of the mattress.

"Do you want a drink?" asked Cyrus. "I have soda or water."

"A coke would be good." I smoothed back his head fur.

"Have you eaten?"

I shook my head. "I came home to him like this. He was fighting not to shift."

"I'll bring some snacks as well. Keep an eye on Liam for me."

Archer opened his eyes slightly.

"Do you feel better?"

He nodded. "Don't tell anyone," he whispered.

"It'll be our secret." I kissed his nose.

"Don't make fun of me." He was starting to get upset.

"I'm not." I brushed through his fur. "There's nothing wrong with having a moon sensitivity."

"Back home—" He let out a deep breath. "Don't tell."

I nuzzled his cheek. "I promise."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

193K 3.2K 8
-Prequel to Demon- Xavier can't take it. Rose just hopes they don't kill each other, And Northern Ridge is praying they grow up quickly...
1M 55K 40
On his first moon, Aden finds a white werewolf with red markings staring back at him in his reflection. He is definitely a sub but with a little extr...
177K 6.9K 36
Caleb is your everyday dorky 19 year werewolf. He's the youngest omega of the pack but everyone loves him. Caleb lost his parents when he was 9 due t...
3.5K 158 21
His Hostage, His mate, His love. Sam, a seasoned beta of his brother's pack is tasked with a dangerous mission: infiltrate the territory of their ri...