Caramel Summer- A James Mcvey...

By urghcon

Lucy is just your average socially awkward 17-year-old girl, staying in Bournemouth with her Nan for the summ... More

Introducing Me...
Chapter 1- An awkward encounter and a lot of 'Im Sorry' s
Chapter 2-Like Something from a Film
Chapter 3- Known to go a little to fast
Chapter 4- A Roller coaster of a Day
Chapter 5- Missing you already
Chapter 6- The McVeys
Chapter 7- Pizza, right?
Chapter 8 - The Lads
Chapter 9- The Birthday BBQ
Chapter 10- Joining the Band?
Chapter 11- De ja vu
Chapter 12- The Trampoline
Chapter 13- Phone Calls and Awkward Interviews
Chapter 15- The Events of the Uneventful Shopping trip
Chapter 16- Night Out
Chapter 17- Move My Way
Chapter 18- Bro-to-bro's and Soppy Phone Calls
Chapter 19- Penguins
Chapter 20- Omlettes and Cuddles
Chapter 21- Car Boots
Chapter 22- Airports
Chapter 23- Shout About It
Chapter 24- Ready?
Chapter 25- The Ed Sheeran Concert
Chapter 26- The Night Away
Chapter 27- Hello's and Goodbye's
Chapter 28- LA
Chapter 29- Boys in Bands
Chapter 30- Danny
Chapter 31- The Show
Chapter 32- Another World
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Chapter 33- Publicity, Percy Pigs and Pedalos
Chapter 34- A lot of Boxes
Chapter 35- Mad Max
Chapter 36- Back to London
Chapter 37- Cheesy
Chapter 38- The Cute Cafe
Chapter 39- Photoshoot
Chapter 40- The Surprise
Chapter 41- My First Love
Chapter 42- The Finale
AUTHORS NOTE
YO YO YO YO YO

Chapter 14- Somethings Telling Me That You're The One

1.2K 32 11
By urghcon

Lucy's P.O.V-

I was sat at the kitchen table eating my full-English breakfast which consisted of bacon, fried eggs, beans, sausages, black pudding and tomato, go big or go home it's what they say...right? There's nothing like breakfast cooked by your Dad. He just knows. 'Hmm I've missed this,' I shoved another tomato in my mouth.
'Well I'm not going to be cooking it for you at uni so you better not get used to it,' he laughed putting another bacon rasher onto my plate. I was already full but one more wouldn't hurt would it? My phones buzzed on the table. It was Charlotte reminding me of the plans; I was going to meet her at the station and we'd probably stop at the station for a coffee and a chat and then Connor and James would arrive, they are sleeping over tonight and then we are going out to a bar at the other side of London and we'd stay in a hotel- so my parents wouldn't see the state of us... but also because of travel...yeah that's it the tubes finish at 12, that'll do.

It reminded me, I need to ask my parents if they are cool with James staying around. I didn't know how to say it, I kind of just blurted it out. 'Is it okay if James like stayed around tonight?' Both of my parents looked at each other, neither of them knowing what to say. We have never had to go through this before, I've never had a proper boyfriend (not used to saying that yet; boyfriend) before so they don't really know what to say. 'If you're not okay with the same bed, I understand, there is the spare bed in my room,' they looked at each other again, they better agree because I have already told James that it's all fine. 'Look guys, I know you're worried but I'm eighteen,' I exaggerated on the eighteen part, 'I know I haven't exactly had many boyfriends in the past but he's an amazing guy who really does care.'
'Urm wait a second? Boyfriend?' My mum asked slightly shocked, I wasn't sure if it was out of disgust or happiness...there is a very fine line between the two. I nodded smiling hopefully hoping it was the second one.
'Did he ask you?' She smiled.
'Yeah, it was really cute,' I smiled back and she hugged me, 'I will tell you all about it later.' I don't know where my Dad was at this point I don't think he wants to imagine his only girl with a boy but he'll be okay.
'Im not sure, I'll have to talk to your Dad about the sleeping arraignments but for now we'll say he can go in the spare bed in your room and we can see what happens from there.'
'Thanks Mum,' I side hugged her before standing up to leave.
'Oh and Lucy one last thing before you go, you are using,' she mouthed the next part, (A/N if you have seen the sitcom miranda then it's mouthed like that, if not then not to worry) 'protection.'
'Mum we haven't done anything like that,' I retorted.
'Good,' She looked relieved, 'But sweetie as you said before you're eighteen now, the time will come okay.'
'You can trust me Mum.' And with that I went upstairs to get ready.

-

I looked for Charlotte in the herd of people coming towards me who had also just got off of Charlotte's train. She smile at me and picked up speed and we hugged each other. We made our way into costa dragging her bag behind her. I went and got the drinks. I walked over handing her, her drink. 'Latte?' She asked, she took a sip giving me no time to answer, 'you know me so well.'

We talked for a while just 'bout stuff. Just catching up really and we got onto the topic of Connor, she told me about their dates (sparing me some of the details). 'Does he have like a cute nickname for you or anything?'
'Urm well, mostly just Char or cutie or sometimes like gorgeous or stuff like that,' she blushed. I awwhed.
'That is so cute.' I emphasised the so.
'He is, he just loves cuddling he'd happily stay in bed all day watching tv. Even if it is just the crappy day-time tv.'
I awwhed again.
'So what about James, now you're all official n all,' she poked my cheek, 'does he have a little nickname for you?'
'Luce- he calls me that a lot, or beautiful, or lovely, things like that really,' I blushed just like Charlotte did earlier. And awwhed just like I did.
We continued to discuss 'details' before the boys arrived at the station

We waited at the platform for them. 'Hey lovely,' James wrapped his arms around me kissing my head.
'I missed you,' I buried my head further into his chest.
After catching up we decided that Charlotte and Connor needed to do some shopping so they are doing that and James and I are just going to go home and bring their cases back to mine so they didn't need to drag them around the streets.

-

'This is it,' I lead James to the front door and knocked as I forgot my key. My Mum answered the door and we dragged the bags into the hallway and I lead James into the living room. James and I sat on one sofa (not to close and he didn't have his arm around me or anything- I didn't want to scare my parents) and mum and dad sat on the other. It was awkward and quiet no one was speaking. 'Would you like a cup of tea James?' my Mum asked.
'Yes please,' he smiled.
'Lucy dear could you just stick the kettle on?' She asked and I stood up to go to the kitchen.
'One for me and your Dad too,' she added as I walked out. I was scared for James alone with his girlfriend's parents that he hardly knows.

I slowly walked down the hallway with two cups of tea in my hand, as I approached the room I could hear laughter, my Dad's deep chuckle, my Mum's slight giggle and James' infectious laugh that I'd recognise from anywhere. This must mean that it's going okay. I walked in handing my parents the two cups I had. I looked over at James who gave me a reassuring smile, that was like a weight off of my shoulders. I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed the tea for me and James.

We continued making small talk over our teas. 'Are you a footy fan?' My Dad questioned obviously getting his priorities straight.
'I am indeed,' James smiled.
'What team do you support?'
'Man City,' I think James was feeling kind of tense because if he said a team that my Dad hated then...that would be awkward.
'And for that my man I'm going to have to shake your hand,' my Dad leant over to him and shook his hand, 'Did you hear that darling the boy knows his stuff,' he turned to my Mum who rolled her eyes, knowing that my dad would love any guy who can talk about sport especially if they support the same team, he's not used to getting that living with two girls and all- who quite frankly couldn't care less. He has tried to explain the offside rule to us on many occasions, just nod and eventually it'll go away.
'Right I'm going to help james take his stuff upstairs, coming?' I waited for james to follow as he shook my dads hand once again.

I led him into my room and he put his bag down onto the sofa bed in the corner of the room. 'Im just going to go to the toilet,' I left the room. I came back in a James was looking at the baby photos of me on the windowsill. 'Jaaames, don't look at them they are embarrassing,' I said with laughter with a slight tone of annoyed to my voice. I lightly punched his arm.
'You're cute,' he stroked my chin with his thumb and winked. Okay that was hot.
'Ooh what's this?' He walked over to my desk, I wish he would have just stayed were he was. He went to pick up my brown notebook with butterflies on it.
'No don't look in that,' I grabbed the book from his hands.
'Why is it a diary?' He asked.
'Kind of, like a rough diary of days I want to remember but mostly poetry and lyrics that I have wrote,' I blushed.
'I didn't know you wrote songs,' his eyes lit up, 'please play me something, anything.'
'No please don't make me, you're way better than me anyway.'
'Come on, please I'm sure your amazing!'
'Fine, I wrote these lyrics the other day I haven't got much yet but'
'Yeah, yeah that's perfect,' he butted in to stop me rambling and eagerly nodded.
'Okay well here it goes,' I sighed. I hate performing in front of people. I closed my eyes and tried to forget he was there, that proved difficult.

I opened my eyes and started strumming. 'Right,' I stalled again he just rubbed my shoulder encouraging me.
'You just know
Sometimes you feel it in your bones
Though we've heard that hearts could still be wrong
Somethings telling me that you're the one
I just know
Even if I had a heart of stone
You could make it bleed all on your own
You could break it but I hope you won't,' I sang quite quietly. I closed my eyes again not wanting to see his reaction. 'That was amazing, you're amazing,' I heard him say and I opened my eyes.
'Really?' I asked I'm disbelief.
He just nodded, come here he stood up with open arms. 'You need to stop doubting yourself,' he mumbled into my hair and kissed the top of my head then I put my arms around his neck, 'beautiful and talented eh?' He winked laughing slightly.
'Stop, you're the talented one, the singer remember?'
'Stop.' He drew circles on my cheeks with his thumb. He looked up at the ceiling and started humming whilst tapping his foot.
'Urm are you okay?' I asked.
'Oh yeah fine, do you mind?' He picked up my guitar.
'No go for it,' I smiled and sat near him on the bed.
'I started writing this at Tristan's house and I thought what I had would work perfectly with your lyrics,' he said looking down at the guitar lightly strumming.

'I'd burn it down,
I'd light up for you
I'd risk it all
I'd rather crash, I'd rather crawl
Than never have your love at all
With only bricks to break my fall
For you I'd risk it all' he sang I wish I could have his confidence but I guess that comes with the years of putting covers on YouTube and playing in front of masses of people. He was right it worked, perfectly like putting a puzzle together, it just fit. There was a part of me that hoped that the lyrics he wrote were about me because I know what I wrote was defiantly about him.

'It works,' he hugged me, 'my baby is such a talented song writer and I didn't even know.'
'You know how much I hate compliments,' I hit his toned chest leaving my hand there.
'Well in that case, you're a beautiful girl with, a beautiful voice, who writes beautiful songs,' he teased me, 'who doesn't know how beautiful she is to me,' he stopped laughing and his mouth turned into a needy half smile as he looked right into my eyes.
'I love you James,' I didn't mean to say it this early on in the relationship- I know up you're not supposed to but it felt right. And I meant it. I didn't even think about it, it kind of just popped out.
'I love you too Lucy, I really do,' he tightened his grip around my waist pulling my in closer, than I already was- somehow. I buried my face into his chest until his thumb grazed my chin once again pulling my face up to meet his. Our lip connected into a sweet kiss which soon deepened and became more passionate.
'Honey dinner is ready!' my Mum called up the stairs.
We pulled our lips apart and rested with our foreheads against each other, just so then I could see his deep blue eyes. We started laughing and giggling for no apparent reason. We stopped laughing and James said, 'I meant what I said.'
'I did too.' And with that we walked downstairs, James wiping his mouth just making sure there was no lipgloss.

------------------------------------
Hi guys thanks for reading,
I hope you had a lovely Christmas and have a great 2015!
Pleaseeee vote! (I beg)
Thanks again!
Katie xxxxx
(Twitter- vampsxsugg)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 218 141
love is a confusing and harsh thing but there's always light at the end of the tunnel
65.3K 1K 30
Y/n y/l/n, an 18 year old footballer who lives in Spain playing for Barcelona. She finally gets a call up to the England national team after 4 years...
61.3K 627 60
just a normal girl who lives in England and what happens when just walking around with her friends in town and something happens and what could that...
235 40 41
Your living as long as you remember by your uncle, his wife and there 2 daughters. Because you and your parents had an car crash when you were 4 year...