Chapter 11- De ja vu

Lucy's P.O.V-

I have had a great birthday so far. Still can't believe I'm eighteen; as my Nan says, 'where has the time gone.' Speaking of my Nan we had quite a cute morning, we had tea and toast in a cute little cafe, with cute girly furniture. Cute, girly things aren't usually my cup of tea (if you excuse the pun) but it was really nice. My Nan was loving it too. Speaking of her, she knows that I'm going out with James later, she is okay with it, I think she likes him. It's not usually the way an eighteenth birthday is spent- with your Nan in a cafe- but at the weekend I'm going back to London for a while. Only for a few days. I'm going to spend time with my parents and meet Charlotte there so we can go out- she is already eighteen. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket as I was taking a last sip of tea out of my spotty mug. 'Hey, just checking if you're still up for tonight?xxxx'
'Yeah definitely! Where do you want me to meet you?xxxx'
'Urmm mine at 2? Late lunch?xxx' he suggested.
'Yeah that sounds lovelyxxxx'
'Well I'll see you later lovely;)xxxx'
'Do you want to be a bit more cringey?xxxx'
'Yeah, yeah whatever;) see you soon doof xxxx'

-

I looked at my reflection in James' front door. I saw messy hair, a loose plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up and blue denim shorts. I took a deep breathe and knocked on the door. I'm not going to lie to you I was nervous. After all it was our first official date. 'Heeyy', he dragged opening the door looking me up and down.
'What have I spilled something down me?'
'No, no, no you just look...um..wow'
'Stop,' I blushed, 'you know I hate it when you say stuff like that.'
'Well it's true, come here give me a hug birthday girl,' he opened his arms. I gave him a light yet meaningful hug. He is so cheesy.
I pulled away, 'why are you dressed so fancy?' I looked him up and down just like he did to me before. He was wearing black jeans-not ripped for a change-, white shirt with a tie and one of those pocket hanky things.
'Well you see,' he lead me into the kitchen to see flickering candles and cutlery set out for two, 'my family are out and I wanted to make a special dinner for a special girl.' He tapped my nose and I giggled. Again the cheesiness!

I was sat at my place on the kitchen island as I talked to James whilst he chopped some food. He defiantly looked good in his tight fitted shirt and skinny tie. 'Ooh I better get an apron on, don't want to get food down my shirt,' he said taking an apron down from behind the door, 'do it up for me?' He asked putting the apron on.
'Wow it's 100% your colour!' I laughed, looking at his pink and purple spotty, frilly apron.
'Its my Mum's, okay?' He laughed.
'Yeah sure it is.'
He rolled his eyes and carried on chopping.
'Let me help,' I insisted.
'Here chop this up,' he handed me a onion.
'Okay but I might cry,' I laughed and began to chop my onion, 'I want to be able to chop it properly, you know how Jamie Oliver cuts it on the tv.'
'Here I know how to do that.' He stood behind me putting his left hand on my left hand and his right one on my right one. 'Here you put this hand here and this hand here.' He whispered, I smiled knowing how close he was to me. He moved his hand on mine. 'Thanks,' I turned my head to look at him.
'No problem, ooh you have a tear.' I went to wipe it. 'No no no, you'll get onion in your eye you doof,' he laughed, 'come here onion hands.' He gently wiped away the tears from my eyes with his thumb and looked into my eyes with that half smile. He walked away continuing with his cooking, I wish he had stayed I wanted that to last forever.

'Right while that's cooking wanna go into the living room and watch a film or something?' James asked whilst undoing his apron. 'Yeah sure.' I smiled.
We didn't really watch the film, we just talked for a while just about stuff really some serious stuff but a lot of joking too. 'Urm Jems can you smell something like burning?' I interrupted him from whatever he was saying.
'Crap,' he sped into the kitchen to see a foggy kitchen. 'I just wanted to make one nice night,' he said frustrated opening the oven, he took the food out with an oven glove to see what looked like a dish of charcoal. 'Great,' he sighed.
'Its fine Jem, I'm having an amazing time anyways,' I reassured him with my hand on his cheek, he edged closer, I lent in, our faces were centimetres apart. Until we were interrupted by a beeping of the smoke alarm. We couldn't help but laugh. We started frantically fanning the ceiling with a tea towel each, in hysterics. Finally the beeping stopped. 'I know exactly how to sort this out,' he picked up the phone, 'can I have a large pepperoni pizza please.' Which again sent me into hysterics as he tried to hold himself together so he could give his details.