Every Beat You Make (BTS FF)

By LayneDanielle

"Believing in all of you to change is what always keeps me going because I know there are no such things as b... More

1*
2*
3*
4*
5*
6*
7*
8*
9*
10*
11*
12*
13*
14*
15*
17*
18*
19*
20*
21*
22*
23*
24*
25*
26*
27*
28*
29*
30*
31*
32*
33*
34*

16*

2.2K 95 10
By LayneDanielle

The ray of sunlight went through between the crack of the curtains waking up the peaceful younger as he stretched in his bed.

The sound of the beeping heart monitor was switched off as he gently removing the wire that sticks on his chest. He weakly sits up on his bed as he did the usual breathing exercise that he learned ever since he was very young.

As he did so, his eyes then landed onto a little note. It was placed beside a full cup of plain water. He took the note and read it.

______________________________________

Morning Kookie!

I've already prepared a glass of water for u. Sorry, I can't stay to help u take ur antidote for this morning. Emergency at the hospital.

See you soon, bun bun!

Love,
Maya Noona
______________________________________

The younger smile at the note as he placed it back onto the nightstand. He then proceeds to pull his drawer door and took out his antidote capsule.

While taking one antidote out, he noticed there left two more inside.
It's almost finished. I must tell noona later. He thought before shoving the antidote into his mouth quickly with the help of all the water from the cup.

Once that's done, he instantly placed the cup back on the nightstand grabbing tightly onto his bedsheet as he held in his breaths. Waiting for the pain to attack.

*BA DUUP!*

"Ack!" He winced as his heartbeats hardly onto his ribcage. As if it's going to burst out of his chest.

*BA DUUP!*

Jungkook instantly falls back on his bed and starts to curl into a ball, silently enduring the pain he must go through so that he can have energy from the antidote. He gripped tightly onto his shirt where his heart is while gasping sharply for air.

Tears brimming from his eyes as he continues to bear the pain. His body feels hot, sweats forming on his forehead. Unbearable headache pounding hardly on his brain.

But that wasn't as worse as the painfully beating from his heart. Making it hard for him to breathe. Too weak for him to call for help or move. His body felt numb as he continues to whimper silently in pain, tightly gripping the bedsheets around him.

The pain went on for another 2 minutes and finally, it ends. Finally, he can breathe properly. His heartbeats became stable. Tears slowly falling down from his cheeks.

He never likes the pain aftermath whenever he eats his antidote. It makes him feel even weaker than he already is. The feeling of slowly dying.

Shrugging the feeling off, he slowly sat up on his bed and did his usual breathing exercise. He also did some light exercise before going into the bathroom to get ready for the day has to offer for him.

Skip time

Happily skipping down the stairs, he suddenly halted his steps. A figure stood in front of him making the younger almost lost his balance.

He caught himself by leaning his whole weight to the wall beside him. He sighs in relief. "There's a reason why they say not to run on the stairs, Jungkook." The figure scowled.

Jungkook turns his gaze towards the familiar voice. His lips soon replace with a bright smile. "Morning Jin hyung!" He beams.

Jin just rolled his eyes at the shiny smiling younger in front of him. "Yeah, morning." He walked passed Jungkook up the stairs. "Breakfast is still hot on the table. Make sure to eat it before it gets cold." His figured disappear to his room.

Jungkook let out an "okay!" before continuing to make his way to the kitchen. It started 2 weeks ago when Maya learns that Jin likes to cook back at his house. She gave him a cooking test and the end result makes her speechless. So she decided to let him be in charge of making food from that on.

Jin at first declines but knowing if he won't do it, Maya will tell their parents. He hates her from the bottom of his guts.

The younger was thinking to grab himself a drink before munching on his breakfast which his hyung did very nicely. He really loves his hyung's cooking.

As soon he steps foot in the kitchen, he was immediately greeted with a smiley Taehyung. "Morning hyung!" Jungkook greeted.

"Oh, morning Jungkook." He replied while starting to toss a green color rubber ball into the air. That grabs the younger's attention.

"What's that?" He asked, pouring himself a glass of banana milk. Taehyung only grinned at him. Without giving any warning, he suddenly throws the rubber ball towards Jungkook.

Thanks to his bunny-like instinct, Jungkook manage to dodge the ball which bounced from the wall beside him and back into the older's grasp. He started widely at him.

"This, my poor friend, is the rubber ball that I just found in my bag this morning. It's very elastic and can easily bounce from one place to another in the speed of just a blink of an eye. It's a gift from my darling parents on my 5th birthday." Taehyung explains while tossing it effortlessly into the air.

Jungkook hums in understanding while sipping onto his banana milk. "Have you eaten yet?" Taehyung shook his head.

"I was busy playing with my ball." Just then, footsteps were heard from the stairs, followed by Jimin's husky morning voice. "Yah Taehyung, have you seen my charger anywhere?"

Grinning like the Grinch, a mischievous idea pops in Taehyung's head. Jungkook noticed it but just shrugs it off. "Yeah, it's with me," Taehyung replied to the sleepy man, trying to contain the evil laugh he has.

Standing ready at his position, he grasps tightly onto the ball. Waiting patiently for his target to arrive.

Then, came out from the corner, a messy bed haired Jimin, with his eyes slightly open. Wearing only his Celine oversized white T-shirt and black shorts. Both of his hands in his pocket.

Without wasting any more time, with all his strength, he threw the ball to the boy. "Where is it?" Jimin yawned. Being actually clueless of his surroundings because of his half-asleep state, he stretched his body upwards with eyes closed. Leaning his body to the side, he unknowingly dodged the ball attack from Taehyung.

It hit hard on the wall before bouncing back to Taehyung's direction at full speed. Both him and Jungkook widely looked at the ball.

Taehyung successfully dodges the ball but it hits the wall behind him, creating more momentum and starting to bounce everywhere in the kitchen. All three boys get down on their knees while covering their heads. Avoiding being hit by the ball.

"YAH KIM TAEHYUNG! WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO?!!" Jimin scolds, sleep has left him. "IT'S NOT MY FAULT! YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO MOVED!" Taehyung defends. "THE HELL?!" Jimin crawled closer to him and punched him hard on his shoulder. "OW!" He winced.

"YOU THINK IT WON'T HURT ME?!!"

"IT'S BETTER IF IT'S YOU AND NOT THE WHOLE KITCHEN!!"

The two bickered. "WHATEVER! WE NEED TO STOP THIS!" Jimin pointed out and soon their eyes landed on the youngest. Jungkook was busy looking at the ball until he noticed stared from the two. He looked at them cluelessly.

"Use your power and stop that thing!" Taehyung said quickly. The youngest nods his head and took a deep breath. He palms the floor with his right hand, focusing all his power onto it.

As time stops, everything went quiet. The ball is now frozen midway in the air above them. The two older slowly stood up and Taehyung quickly grabbed the ball. Mission has done and all three heaved a relieved sigh.

Jungkook join his hyung in a standing position and was about to mind their own business until a floating dirty clothe caught their attention.

Actually, the entire kitchen's things were on the air. No matter how many times they saw Jungkook uses his power, they still can't help but get fascinated by it. Hey, it's not like you get to see this every day in your normal life.

Their eyes sparkle at the sight but were immediately snapped back when they heard a voice screaming from upstairs. "OH SHIT!" It was Hoseok.

His fast footsteps from upstairs can be heard from the kitchen to the stairs. The trio panic. "Quick! Act normal!" Jimin ordered and the two nodded.

Jungkook nervously sips on his drink and jumped slightly when Hoseok came out of the corner. The poor boy almost dropped his drink.

"GUYS!!! YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT JUST SAW!" He said, quickly earning a 'confused' face from Jimin and Taehyung. Acting mode-ON.

"Woah, you look like you've seen a ghost or something." Taehyung pointed out. He eyed the other two as if they're communicating through it. He winked at them, signaling to follow to what he does. They nodded.

"That could be possible considering it could happen," Hoseok replied. "But-ALL THE THINGS IN MY ROOM WERE FLOATING!!" He said. The trio looked nervously at each other as they tried to act normal.

"What? That's not true. It's just impossible." Jimin spoke. "I KNOW IT'S NOT BUT SOMEHOW NOW, IT IS!". "Okay, I think you must be ti-". "NO! I'M NOT! IT'S TRUE!!" Hoseok cuts Taehyung off as he desperately looked at them.

"My mom is the Mother of Science in this century, you really think I would believe you?" Taehyung said but was suddenly grasp tightly by both of his shoulders and pulled closer to Hoseok. "Just come to my room now. I know I saw it." He pleads but the two shook their head. "Sorry but, something like that is not real," Jimin said while unhooked his hands from Taehyung.

Hoseok looking at them with plead but the two didn't budge. They didn't believe him. Both of them felt bad for him. If only he knew the truth.

But Hoseok wasn't going to give up. He needs to show them it's real. He starts to look around the kitchen and finally, he noticed Jungkook. The young one was sipping on his drink while lost in thought. An idea popped up in his head. "Fine." He paced towards the youngest and dragged him by the wrist.

"If you two won't come, then I'll take Jungkook with me." He pulls him out of the kitchen. Jungkook anxiously looked back at the two, mouthing to them for help him. They quickly follow Hoseok from behind while making their way upstairs.

His room was the first in the hallway. It was closed and Hoseok wasted no time and slammed the door open. But the scene in front of him left him even more confused.

There was not a single item on the air. "Wait what.." He uttered. The trio secretly sighed in relief. "No. That can't be..." He looked back at them who instantly change their expression. "I think you must ti-"

"NO! I'm not." His eyes that landed back into his room and hope returned to his eyes. "Yoongi!" He called out and rushed back into the room. The three looked inside and just realized the sleeping figure on the other bed that was beside Hoseok.

"Yoongi! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" The other groaned in his sleep as try to cover himself with his duvet. "Go away." He mumbled loudly. "Only if you answer me this, ". " Speak now or you're a dead man." He turns around to face his desperate friend.

"Okay. So...have you see anything floating around you?" The older looked at him weirdly. "The hell, no. That's not possible. Also, I was asleep the entire time. Do you actually think I would wake up from my sleep for something like that?". " Uhh...n-"

"Exactly. Now out!" He ordered and glared at all of them who immediately obeyed. Hoseok closed the door and met with Jimin's and Taehyung confused gaze. Then another idea came out that hopefully will prove he's not crazy.

So, they went to the other room without knocking. The first they saw was a deep sleeping Namjoon on the bed. He has his book over his face and earphones in his ear. Obviously, means he literally didn't notice anything around him. All of them didn't bother to wake him up but Hoseok went inside the room and stood at their joined bathroom door.

Sound of running water from the other side can be heard as well as someone's singing voice. It belongs to Jin.

"YAHH OLD MAN! Can you come out for a moment?" Hoseok bang on the door, startling the oldest inside. "Why?!" He questioned. "Just come out. It won't take long.

After a few seconds, the door opens slightly and Jin's head peaked out from the door. "What?" He asked while wiping droplets of water from his face and hair. "Please tell me you see something floating in there," Hoseok pleads hopefully.

Unfortunately, the older shook his head. "No....why?" He asked, judging the younger weirdly. His hopes sadly fade as his face falls into a frown. "Oh, okay then." He left making the older even more confused if he was okay but just shrug it off and went back into the shower.

Hoseok at this point is questioning his own sanity. Was he okay?

He went back out of the door and met with the maknae line. "You sure you're okay?" Taehyung asked, trying to hide his victorious grinned with Jimin.

After hearing what Jin said, the boys can't help but to heaved a relieved sigh. Jungkook however, felt bad for not telling him the truth. How he wishes he would but he promises Maya to not tell them no matter what. Especially his illness.

The younger just looked down while pressing his lips in a thin line. "Were you sleepy when the floating thing happened?" Jimin interrogates which got Hoseok thinking.

To be honest, he was slowly drifting to sleep when his phone floats out of his hand. It could be possible he was imagining it the entire time. "Yeah, maybe you're right." He sighs.

Both of their muscle instantly relax after hearing he admits. How they all wish he knew he was right all along.

•••

Skip Time,
He checks himself for one last time before he's off to complete the new chore that was suddenly given to him before Maya left. He fixed his hair and dust off imaginary dust on his expensive clothing.

Flashback
A knock was heard from his door which makes a groan left his lips. He tried to ignore it but it kept on knocking. After a few more knocks, he lazily gets off from his bed and went to the door. He looked back at his roommate which he surprise was still unbothered by the knocking and was sleeping soundly beside him.

He annoyedly opens the door and was met with the person he least wanted to see. "Morning Hoseok." It was Maya. He huffed and was about to slam the door shut but was blocked by a big white paper bag.

He gazes to it curiously and opens the door. "Take it." She handed. Hoseok eyed the bag and her cluelessly. "I'm going to be very busy today and I need you to help send me this to a friend of mine." She said and shoved the bag to him.

He looked at her confusedly. "Why me?" He pointed at himself. "Well, I realized that you were the only one that hasn't gone outside yet. As a doctor, it's not healthy for someone to stay in the house all day. So I want you to help me send this." She points at the bag.

End Flashback

He let out a long sigh and took a paper bag in hand and skipped his way downstairs. He went straight to the living room and saw the maknae line together with Yoongi were watching the first Iron Man movie.

"Jungkook!" He called out and the said boy shot his attention to him. "Yes, hyung?" He makes his way towards him. "Go get dress. I need you to follow me somewhere."

Continue•

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

271K 11.1K 43
[BTS x Reader] « COMPLETED » She was cornered. Once her back hit her locker with a thud, both of them knew she was trapped. "I won't let you escape...
86.8K 3.8K 69
On the first day of university, you were surprised to feel a new sensation in your heart. A sensation you knew, you'd feel when your soulmate was on...
56.4K 2K 59
In this world of differences there is nothing like the both of us. We might have found the right love at a wrong time but I am willing to show the wo...
4.7K 317 47
"Does your heart only beat for me?" "will you wait for me even when you know I am never yours?" "are you sure? because your eyes are saying somethin...