WISHES OF THE HEART

By hafsatuuwaxeery

Hibbatullah Aliyu: Just an ordinary girl whose dream is to become a model. But as it is in the society we... More

a new one
prolugue
CHAPTER ONE
chapter two
CHAPTER THREE
CHAPTER four
THE DAY
CHAPTER SIX.
CHAPTER SEVEN.
CHAPTER EIGHT
author's note
CHAPTER NINE.
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN.
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY.
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
AUTHORS NOTE.
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN.
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
CHAPTER TWENTY NINE.
CHAPTER THIRTY.
CHAPTER THIRTY: part two.
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE.

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR.

295 49 24
By hafsatuuwaxeery

Chapter dedicated to our mothers all around the world. May allah bless and Grant them the highest rank in jannah. Ameen.

Chapter dedicated to @khalid812.

Ignore all typos............

FYI:all chapters are unedited right from to chapter one to this one.

Enjoy.

4years ago.

Writer's pov.

Hibbah woke up feeling sore all over because she had passed her night on her praying mat after pouring her heart out to her lord.

She went to her ummi's room to find her on her praying mat doing some tasbihs. She waited until she acknowledged her. "An tashi lfy". She managed to grumble. "Lafiya qalau". And just like that she dismissed her.  She shook her head feeling the tears brimming. She hates this side of ummi. She stood still at her positioning, hoping ummi will turn and maybe just say she has agreed to the exams or at least ask how she slept but none came. 5minutes passed but ummi didnt even turn to glance at her. She sighed and left the room to prepare breakfast.

Ummi felt bad looking at her daughters back, she looked horrible because she cries everyday, ummi will hear her silent sobs every night but she won't go to check up on her because according to her what she is doing is discipline, she has to know that obeying her mom is a must not an option. She wants the best for her daughter but letting her go to a foreign country is not something she would risk. No her daughter will school here Right in front of her eyes.

Hibbah finished setting their breakfast before going in to call her ummi for breakfast.
"Ummi na gama kari". She muttered. Ummi nodded and she took it as her turn to leave. She was about to leave when ummi called her name so she went and sat back down.
"Naam ummi". She said wondering why she suddenly called her back. "look at me". Hibbah obliged and raised her head to look at her mom but she quickly looked back down. "It pains me to see you in this way, you might think i hate you
But by Allah I don't, no one loves you more than I do in this dunya, I gave birth to you nursed you in my belly for 9 months, I went through  the hardship of labour just to bring you to the world,  I gave you food from a part of me for years, I've had so many sleepless night just to give you the best. Na ci kashin ki na ci wuya, am not stopping you from writing this exams but all I what for you is the best and am trying my best to relief myself of the amanah allah gave me". Ummi lectured which brought tears to hibbah.
"Thank you ummi I can't thank you enough, I don't want to write the exams anymore I will do as you wish". She croaked more tears falling out of her eyes.
"may Allah bless you". Ummi prayed.
"Ameen ameen". She answered.
"After we've eaten go to hauwa'a house and call habibu for me". Hibbah nodded and they both went to eat.

After they finished their meals, hibbah took her bath and got ready to carry out her mom's orders, call ya habeeb.
She informed her ummi about her leaving before making her out of their house.
"Assalamu alaikum". She salaamed before sauntering into her second house, no one answered her first salaam so she salaamed again when she got further into the house. Hauwa answered coming out to check who was there. When she saw hibbah she gave her a pitiful look before ushering her in.
"How have you been? Has ummi changed her mind". Hauwa asked taking hibbah's hands in hers. Hibbah shook her head no furiously wiping the stubborn tears that won't stop falling whenever she's reminded of her ummi's choice.
"Am sorry, I didnt mean to make you cry". Hauwa squeezed her hands.
"Its ohk hauwah, I pray its for the best". She prayed and she said ameen.
"What are you girls doing". Hajiya mama broke their silence. Hibbah immediately went on her knees to greet her leaving hauwa to answer her questions with nothing.
"hauwa I hope you are reading for the exams not just stay relaxed". Hajiya mama said, as if realising what she had done, she passed hibbah the look she hates the most, hibbah hates it when people are throwing pitiful looks at her.
"Yes hauwa I hope you've been reading". She managed to smile to lessen the tensed air.
"Yeah I have what about you?". She questioned
back. "well yeah am still reading in case ummi changes her mind I still have hope". Hajiya mama smiled and hugged her.
"Why did you even visit us suddenly". Hauwa asked something she should have asked earlier.
"I've forgotten sef, ummi sent me to call ya Habeeb for her". Hajiya mama chuckled "you've been sent but you sat here gisting with your friend". She scolded.
" hauwa call your brother for her". Hauwa stood up to call her brother. Few minutes later she came in with ya Habeeb trailing behind.
"Ina wuni ya Habeeb". Hibbah greeted looking at her fingers in respect. " lfy qalau, ya su ummi".
"Duk lafiya alhamdulillah". He smiled. "I heard she is looking for me".
" yes". She answered quietly, she respects him a lot that she doesn't even look at his face when she's speaking to him. "Let's get going then". He said and she stood up bade hajiya mama bye and left together with hauwa.

When they arrived to hibbah's house,she and hauwa went into the room leaving ya habeeb in their parlour waiting for ummi.  She told ummi about their arrival before leaving for the room she stays in with hauwa.
"Keh! Let's go and eavesdrop on their conversation my body is itching to hear". Hauwa suggested which earned her a good knock from hibbah." You are older but at the same time more stupid,allah ya shirye ki".
"Hey! If you talk to me like that again I'll re-shape your face". Hibbah rolled her eyes and went back to a book she was going through .
" you are such a bookworm and no fun at all". Hauwa said smacking hibbah's thigh because she feels like troubling someone and that someone is definitely hibbah.
"Hauwa allow me to read please,who knows ummi might change her mind".
" what if she doesn't ". Hauwa said daring her to say otherwise, everyone knows ummi is never changing her mind on this thing."I'll always be positive, and the power of du'a can change anything". Hibba said determined.
" tohh Miss du'a".
"Whatsoever".
Few minutes gone. " but seriously let's go and pretend to go outside then we can hear what they are saying" hauwa pouted trying to persuade her into joining her.
"No no hauwa be serious for once in your life". Hibbah scolded like she's the oldest. "durh, if you are serious and I am serious trust me our friendship will be boring and plain,you off all people can testify". Hibbah glared at her but smiled knowing it's true there's no way their friendship will be full of humour if not for hauwa.
"since you won't stop your reading am going to the  parlour". Hibbah ignored her and continued writing. Hauwa being hauwa picked her ass from the bed and started tiptoeing to the door as though she is a detective in search of a criminal,she held her fingers in a gun shape,moving against the wall. Hibbah laughed at her and what's she's doing."Will you quiet down your laugh am trying to eavesdrop here". Hibbah made the 'zipping' sign with her finger on her lips before turning back to her book.
Just as hauwa leaned on the door to the parlour it broke open, hauwa bit her lips in embarrassment unable to look at ummi or ya Habeeb, if ya Habeeb finds out she was planning on eavesdrop she's dead. She thought of ways he could punish her,maybe he would put her in the biggest pot in their house and cook her.

" keh! Why did you fall here". Ya Habeeb eyed her waiting for her to do something so he could slap her stupid self. Hauwa felt really embarrassed she wished the floor will just open so it will swallow her and shell be safe from their burning gaze and hibbah's annoying laughter from the room.

"Ammmm... Daman we were playing ne then hibbah pushed me and the door got opened so I fell here". She fumbled with the hem of her hijab praying to Lord to let ya Habeeb buy her lie.

" you should be careful". He scolded, she stood up quickly and rushed back into the room shutting the door behind her.

Ummi shook her head and continued discussing with ya Habeeb on the reason why she called him.

Hibbah laughed untill years were dripping out of her eyes,hauwa sat by her bed and eyed her her face red from embarrassment, god has saved her this time, 'I need to stop being Naughty'. She told herself.

"Mtsw stop laughing and don't u dare tell me what I know u want to" hauwa warned pointing her index finger, "I told you". Hibbah guffawed, ignoring hauwa's warning and saying what she wanted to say.

"Hibbah". Ummi shouted from the parlour.  " na'am". Hibbah shouted back calming herself.

"Gobe ki kara". She stuck her tongue out and proceeded to answer her mom's call.

" ummi gani". She said and sat down on the floor beside her ummi's leg.
"Yawwa habeebu explain everything to her". Ummi ordered,hibbah looked confused but deciding to shut her mouth since he is told to explain.
"Uhmm uhm". Habeeb cleared his voice before starting." Ummi has finally agreed for you to wrote the scholarship exams".he paused to look at hibbah's reaction. "Say what!" She exclaimed before slapping a palm to her mouth. She stood still, happy,tears, confused and other emotions of her face. The tears streamed from her eyes,she looked from her ummi to ya Habeeb waiting to see if one of them will laugh and tell her its just a joke,she pinched herself to make sure she's not dreaming. "Wayyo allah" mshe managed to utter her emotions at bay.
Had It been ya Habeeb isnt in the parlour she would have shouted and jumped.
"As I was saying, she has agreed for you to write the exams,you should prepare and continue studying we are leaving for abuja first thing tomorrow morning". Hibbah held her mom's keg tightly as if her whole life depends on it,she sobbed into the leg quietly.
Ya Habeeb stood up and left knowing he's stopping the girl from rejoicing properly.
As soon as he stepped both feet outside the door she lunged at ummi in a hug. "oh this child do you want to break".ummi said happily, after discussing with Habib about the pros and cons, and all consequences of writing this exams ummi was convinced and so she agreed. If agreeing to this exams would make her child this Happy then she won't hesitate to agree to it a thousands times.
" thank you very much ummi". Hibbah thanked her for the nth time that day.
She skipped to her room happily, wondering why Hauwa didn't come out after hearing her shouts,that ameabo child.

When she got into the room she met hauwa seated on the bed with her knees brought up to her chest,he face buried into it as she sobbed slowly. Hibbah got worried and rushed to her friend's side. hauwa raised her face and wiped her fake tears "oh my daughter I can't believe you are noe a grownup you'll write your exams and pass then you'll fly abroad, saura aure". Hibbah let out a long hiss at hauwa's drama she gave her a good smack on the thighs. "nonsense who Is your child?and who said I'll fly abroad I've not even written the exams yet talk more of passing". Hauwa gave out a sarcastic laugh."we both know you'll pass in sha Allah". She smiled and hugged her.
"If you like don't get a boyfriend soon I'll get you into an arrange marriage".hauwa joked which earned her a punch and insult.
After their rejoicing and all they set out to pic a dress for  hibbah,the one She'll wear when travelling with Hauwa and ya Habeeb tomorrow . all the while ummi listened as they shouted,chatted,hooted,rejoiced and insulted each other and even the sound of beating.
She shook her head at their childish selves her heart bubbling with joy knowing her agreement Is one of the reasons for that.

*****

"You should Come to the party today".cherry said trying to persuade nabeelah.
"I will love to but there's no way I'll step out of this house,remember the other day I snuck out to to a party ya saleem gave me the beating of my life and my dad almost sent me out of his house". Nabeelah shook her head bitterly remembering the night she tried sneaking out to attend a party with layla but ended up getting caught by ya saleem, she was almost killed and she won't risk her life for any party again, nah she's done.

"Ohk as you say but asad is going there and its gonna be lit".layla said again. "Do you think I should go?". Nabeelah asked unsure, she feels like breaking the rule and going out again,but what if she gets caught.

" I have an idea".the devil who morphed into a girl and dropped in Nigeria as nabeelah's friend chortled.
"Tell me". She went close to her and told her the plan. Convinced with what nabeelah was told, they high fived.
" that's why I like you, you have brain". nabeelah praised. "Durh what do you expect".
Cherry eyed nabeelah's boobs she had always wanted to touch it and she will. She brushed  her hands against nabeelah's chest in such a way that one would think it is just a mistake.
Nabeelah felt it but decided to ignore since it is just a mistake.
They stood up to meet mami in other to carry out their plan.
They met her in her parlour watching her zee world series.
"Mami please can I go to layla's house for sleepover"she gave her mom the best puppy eyes she could muster. " no you can't, you are not allowed to leave this house until you learn to have sense,you should be lucky your friends are allowed to visit you". Mami swatted her hands from her laps, she's still angry st her daughter for trying to bring their family into shame.

"Am sorry mami please the other time was a mistake I won't try it again I promise you". Nabeelah felt hurt at the way she's been treating in their house,everyone makes mistakes then why won't they just forgive her that was her first time and she's admitted her mistake and apologized, no one is above mistakes.
"Am not changing my mind". Mami finalised watching her TV acting unaffected by her daughter's look.
" mami please I just want her to help me with an assignment,She'll be back the next day in sha Allah ". Layla said, mami eyed her, not bothering to hide her distaste for the girl, she doesn't like her daughter mingling with the likes.
She's clearly a bad influence, mami has tried to separate them but all efforts proved fruitles. She'll just leave matters into saleem's hands he'll know what to do.
"Get out of my sight before I descend on you both". Mami warned, nabeelah stood up with Layla tailing behind.
'I hate this her mom she always gets in my way to get what I want from this girl'.layla thought in her mind. Now what will she tell asad, that nabeelah's mom has ruined their plans or what.

Her plan Is to drag nabeelah out of their house to the party which asad planned, he was supposed to get what he wants from nabeelah and then dump her like he does to other girls and  layla is helping him since she also wants something from nabeelah, she's just faking everything but deep down she hates nabeelah for having asad all to herself, not only asad but every guy she like, it just happens that whichever guy layla likes will not like her back but instead will fall for her friend nabeelah instead. She hates and envies her a lot for that.

" am sorry layla but mami don't agree".nabeelah said slumping  on her bed.
"It's OK we'll get another plan".layla faked a smile.
Cherry stood up to leave,after on last hug she got into her car and drove away from idris waziri's compound with several wicked thoughts on her to bring nabeelah down in her head.
On the other hand nabeelah wants nothing but to make her supposedly best friend happy.

Yo!.

Your thoughts about this chapter?.

Picture of zayden by the side.

Vote, comment,follow and share.

❤hafsatuuwaxeery❤.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 2.3K 12
I watch the red rose in between his hands "isn't it strange...a red rose on the beach!!" his deep voice causes a shiver to run down my back. I look b...
385K 26.9K 63
Genre: Romance, Suspence, and Spritiual ranking#1 IN MODEL She is his boss and He is her PS. She is a model and He is Worker. She is B...
74.7K 10.3K 59
As She turned around to make her way back to the screening room, She bumped into someone again! Which made all the popcorn in her hands and His to fa...
14.4K 872 32
"What?" Ethan says in his all too familiar deep, rude voice. Ethan has pitch-black hair, is 6 feet tall, with a solid build. His deep grey eyes are g...