The [_chaos_Project]

By Dakram

To whichever demon that picks this up, The [_chaos_Project] was the program funded by the Utartyr Queen that... More

The [_chaos_Project]

6 0 0
By Dakram

The [_chaos_Project] 

all author's rights reserved.

The wind blows across the desolate land.

Dead leaves stir upon the soot covered ground.

She stands alone, watching the flames consume all that there ever was.

This is Earth.

Or at least, it used to be._

_Record_No.One    _◊    _◊    _◊     

This is a record of [_chaos].  [Day_One] reboot commencing…

Preparing to open file…

Getting source information…

Confirm opening of file…

Opening…

…loading…

*The fuzzy screen’s picture shifts to a poor quality image of a long circular wooden desk large enough to seat fifteen.  The screen displays its picture from above, and the viewer peers down upon the top of the assemblymen’s heads as they shuffle inside the meeting room and take their seats.  The image flickers from each individual to individual as he/she talks (picture shows profile image from the desk level up to his/her neck; faces not shown).*

Seat_No.01: “Well, guys, it’s been a while hasn’t it? 

No.02: ”Ack!  Don’t be so nonchalant, [One]!  This is the [Assembly]!  And get your feet off from the [Ivent_Table]!

No. 03: “My goodness, talk about shameful, Mr. [One]~

No. 04: Begging theepardon, [Three], but thou speaks in spite of thyself.  Prithee seek a mirror and note thy rags.

No.03: [chuckles] “Oh, Mr. [Four], we all know that despite what you may say aloud, it’s a well-established fact that you and several others present find me extremely attractive in my so-called ‘rags’.

No.04: “N-nay, methinks not!  I-I should not fancy one such as thee.

No.03: [laughs] “Haha, aye.  You probably shouldn’t  ‘fancy’ me.  However, just knowing you shouldn’t do something doesn’t ensure that you won’t carry through with it.   

No.01: [laughs] “AHAHA, she’s got you there man! *thumps hand down on table*

No.02: “Ack!  For hell’s sake [One], shut up!  We’re in the [Assembly_Hall] for crying out loud!  All of your stupidity is being recorded as reference for the [_chaos_Project]!   

No.05: “…[Two], your idiotic antics are also being recorded.

No.02: “Oh shit, [Five], you’re right!

No.05: “…I know.

No.03: “Awww, [Two] is sooo precious when she’s flustered.

No.02: [squeals] “Eeeeek! Don’t just grab my hair!  *sounds of chair scraping against the floor as [Two] moves closer to [One] who is seated beside her*

No.01: *gives [Two] a big hug as she moves closer*

No.02: *screeches and scooches chair back to original position]

No.1,_No.03: [laugh]

No.5,_No.4: …

Assembly_Head_Councilman/Seat_No.00: *slams both fists down on table* “All right, settle down you good-for-nothing bastards!

 *silence falls*

No.00: *coughs* “As all present are aware, we have gathered here today to launch the [_chaos_Project].  All individuals present were handpicked by the heads of each clan themselves and are the best in their fields.  Or are supposed to be anyway. *turns head towards [Seats_No.1-No.5].*

No.00: “Our goal here, on behalf of the [Fifteen_Clans], is to make sure that the [_chaos_Project] runs as planned and succeeds.  Failure, of course, is not an option.  We cannot fail the [Queen]

*the lights flicker menacingly amongst the utter silence*

No.01: “So, [Zero]…when do we start?

No.00: “Now.”

*the screen turns fuzzy and goes blank.*

_Reference_Information *quickly flashes up and off screen*

[One]- Happy go-lucky and easy-going rookie hand-picked by the [Ralanthis] (RED-WINGED) clan Queen of the [Zerenthi] (WINGED DEMONS) and approved of by the [Zerenthi] Queen.  Aged 19 years and is an expert at using the dagger.

[Assembly]- Gathered group of representatives for the [_chaos_Project].  Made up of fifteen assemblymen, One from each of the [Fifteen_Clans] that has received acknowledgement from both the clan (COLOR; exp= [Ralanthis]) and race (TYPE; exp= [Zerenthi]) Queens.

[Ivent_Table]- long wooden circular deck that sits in the middle of the [Assembly_Hall].  It seats fifteen and is meant to be used when discussing important events at the [Assembly]. The Fifteen demons gathered are seated clockwise in ascending numerical order. [Zero] sits by both [One] and [Fourteen].  The lower the number, the stronger the demon (excluding [Zero]).

[Three]- Flirtatious, mischievous character handpicked by the Oalanthis [ORANGE-WINGED] Queen and approved of by the [Zerenthi] [WINGED DEMON] Queen.  Aged 23 years and is a renowned beast tamer.     

[Four]- Old fashioned veteran delegate handpicked by the Balanthis [BLUE-WINGED] Queen and approved of by the [Zerenthi] [WINGED DEMON] Queen.  Aged 25 years and is a sword master. 

[Assembly_Hall]- the large gray stone-brick hall lined with tapestries (one for each clan) in which the [Assembly] meets.

[_chaos_Project]- a combined joint project involving all [Fifteen_Clans].  The reason for the recent [Assembly].

[Two]- Slightly naiive, hothead rookiehandpicked by the Galanthis [GREEN-WINGED] Queen and approved of by the [Zerenthi] [WINGED DEMON] Queen.  Aged 17 years and is an extremely skilled archer. 

[Five]- handpicked by the Yalanthis [YELLOW-WINGED] Queen and approved of by the [Zerenthi] [WINGED DEMON] Queen.  Aged 17 years and is a tactful lance user.

[Seats_No.1-No.5]- Seats the only five demons that dared to speak before [Zero] had spoken.  The five strongest demons at the [Assembly].

[Queen]- shortened name for the [Utartyr_Queen].  She is the highest power in the realm, and all demons must obey without question, including the two other demon Queens.  She is the one who began the [_chaos_Project] and called all parties to the [Assembly].  The head of the royal family (which is marked by its animal-ears; she has cat ears). Age is unknown.

[Zero]- [Assembly_Head_Councilman] handpicked by the [Utartyr Queen].  It is his job to oversee all the going ons of the [Assembly] but is not actually a part of the task force working on the [_chaos_Project].  He is more of a supervisor than the boss and carries orders directly from the [Queen] herself and reports to her on a daily basis via computer.  Aged 408 years and extremely loyal to the [Queen]. (note: one demon year=10 human years)   

[Fifteen_Clans]- the fifteen different tribes that exist throughout the realm.  Includes the seven [Zerenthi] clans (WINGED), seven [Awarti] clans (FINNED), and [Utartyr] clan (monarchy).  The [Zerenthi] are winged demons that are usually soldiers/messengers (combatants ruled by the [Zerenthi_Queen]) while the [Awariti] are the finned demons that are usually the healers, cooks, and weapon forgers (supporters ruled by the [Awarti_Queen]).  The [Utartyr] are those born with royal blood and are the aristocrats that hold varying degrees of power over/in the other fourteen clans (upper class demons can be either [Awarti] or [Zerenthi]).

*the screen turns black*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

279K 5.9K 33
WATTPAD BOOKS EDITION You do magic once, and it sticks to you like glitter glue... When Johnny and his best friend, Alison, pass their summer holid...