The backup Bride

By thefadedwhite

" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would g... More

CAST
Flash back number 1
Flash back number 2
EPISODE 1
EPISODE 2
EPISODE 3
EPISODE 4
EPISODE 5
EPISODE 6
EPISODE 7
EPISODE 8
EPISODE 9
EPISODE 10
EPISODE 11
EPISODE 12
EPISODE 13
EPISODE 14
EPISODE 15
EPISODE 16
EPISODE 17
EPISODE 18
EPISODE 19
EPISODE 20
EPISODE 21
EPISODE 22
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 23
EPISODE 24
EPISODE 25
EPISODE 26
EPISODE 27
EPISODE 28
Episode 30
EPISODE 31
Flashback number 3
Flashback number 4
EPISODE 32
EPSIODE 33
EPISODE 34
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 35
EPISODE 36
EPISODE 37
EPISODE 38
EPISODE 39
EPISODE 40
EPISODE 41
EPISODE 42
EPISODE 43
EPISODE 44
EPISODE 45
EPISODE 46
EPISODE 47
EPISODE 48
EPISODE 49
A tiny author's note
EPISODE 50
EPISODE 51
EPISODE 52
EPISODE 53
EPISODE 54
EPISODE 55
EPISODE 56
Poster design contest
EPISODE 57
EPISODE 58
EPISODE 59
EPISODE 60
EPISODE 61
Time travel - 1

EPISODE 29

1.5K 110 0
By thefadedwhite

20/11/2019 - Wednesday- At Chennai.

Aparna's P. O. V:

Phone calls, the boon as well as the bane of our generation. Distance and time are mere words, as a person is always just a phone call away from us.

We wait for some calls , days and months together, not getting tired of the waiting, while some, we put on block and never care again.

We take them so lightly sometimes and we never know when we are doing the biggest mistake of our life by just not picking up a call.

Things got heated up and I didn't know how I ended up making out with Shiva. It was a kiss at first which soon started building up. I was over him as his fast hands were running over me.

The ringtone of my phone broke our make out session.

" Fuck " I cursed and quickly moved to the table where the light blinked.

The screen read " Rajiv"

Why is Rajiv calling me at this time?

I picked up the call and before I could speak, I heard Rajiv sobbing on the other side.

" Aparna, Prerna is admitted in hospital. She got high pressure, she fainted in the house. She,,,, I came home late,,,, I took her to the hospital,,,,, I don't know what happened,, I don't,,,, the doctors told me that the the babies need to be aborted,,,, they died in,,,, Aparna is in surgery,,, your dad is on the,,, way,,,,I don't know"

My entire world came to a sudden stop. I suddenly remembered Prerna calling me twice an hour ago and how I mindlessly rejected it.

What have I done?

I was crying and screaming, Shiva hugged me tightly and was telling me something, I couldn't hear any of it.

"Prerna! " I screamed.

He shook me and asked me again.

" Prerna got admitted in hospital...for for high pressure.....The...... The babies are...... They.........died " I cried hugging him. Shiva sat there frozen.

"I need to go, it was all my fault. I need to " I said and got up quickly.

" Okay, okay " He said getting up.

" Bus will be too late, I am booking flight tickets now! " I said hastily and he wore his t shirt back.

" Okay, I'll book a cab to the Airport " He said and took a small bag and threw some of clothes into it.

The time was close to 12 , I booked tickets for the 2 O clock flight.

We both rushed downstairs and walked out. Suddenly I remember that, Shiva's engagement is in three days.

" Shiva, really, I think I can go myself " I said as he locked the main door of his home.

" Are you kidding me? I am not letting you go alone in your current state. Besides, she is my sister in law too! " He said.

We both got in the cab and I was silently praying that nothing should happen to my sister.

As we reached the airport, we ran into the check in and rushed to the arrival gate.

I was shaking and crying not knowing what to do. It felt like I was no more here.

" Call Rajiv and ask about the situation now " Shiva said.

I took out my phone and called the number. Rajiv picked up in the second ring.

" Rajiv, how is Prerna now? " I asked quickly.

" Still in operation theatre, in the post operative care. Your parents came just now. " He said sobbing.

" Okay, okay, give the phone to my dad " I said quickly.

" Okay" He said and my dad came in the line.

" Aparna, where are you? " Dad asked.

" I am sorry dad, I am so sorry. I am in Chennai now. Will be there soon. It was all my fault " I started crying.

" Shushhh, it was not your fault. I just want Prerna to come out safe. " He said.

Shiva pointed to the information board, to show that our flight has come in.

" I would be there soon dad. Stay strong. " I said and cut the call.

We walked through the gate and reached the flight. As we both sat on our seats, Shiva caught my hand tight. I rested my head on his shoulder as the flight took off.

" It was not your fault " Shiva murmured in my ear.

I looked straight at him.

" She called me Shiva! Twice! I ignored it. I was an idiot. If I had taken the call, I would have helped her somehow, sent help or did something and she wouldn't be in the state that she is now. I fucking didn't. I can't even believe what I did. "I said.

" You didn't do it intentionally! It was not your fault! Don't put all the blame on yourself. " Shiva said wiping the tears off my cheeks with his fingers.

" Rajiv came home late! The maid was on leave. It just happened. If you are going to blame yourself, then you should blame everyone! Even me! " He said.

" Why you? " I asked.

" Because you would have been with your sister now if I had asked you to go home yesterday" He said with tears in his eyes.

I shook my head and wiped away my tears.

We landed in an hour and ran out of the airport. We took a cab and rushed to the hospital.

We reached the hospital by 5 in the morning. Shiva asked about the directions to the ICU and I walked behind him. The hospital was dead silent.

We took the lift, all the while Shiva was holding my hand tightly.

As we walked to the ICU, I saw Rajiv standing near the wall, my mom and dad sitting on the waiting chair. As soon as mom saw me, she ran to me.

She hugged me and cried.

" Mom, it's okay. Prerna will be okay " I said consoling her.

Shiva was standing near Rajiv.

" I did this to her! " Mom said and cried.

" No mom, It was my fault. " I said.

" Prerna called me yesterday, evening, she told me that she wanted to see me. She told me that she wasn't feeling well and that she was missing me. She said sorry. But I didn't go. I was angry on her. I didn't know. " Mom said and cried.

" Now cry all you want, she has been begging you for months and now you cry" Dad said to my mom and started crying.

" Please uncle, please , it is useless to blame anyone. It's just a bad phase. Let's leave it behind. We should only pray that Prerna comes out healthy." Shiva said patting my dad.

My dad nodded his head and walked back to the chair.

After nearly two hours, Prerna was shifted to the ward. She hasn't woken up from her sedation yet. The doctor informed that she has had high pressure and heavy blood loss , She should stay in the hospital till all her levels are back to normal.

Rajiv sat near her bed. And caught her hand. He was murmuring something to her.

Close to 8 in the morning, Prerna woke up. Her eyes were puffy and she looked pale.

" Prerna! Are you okay? " Rajiv asked.

"What happened? " Prerna asked confused.

Mom and dad got up and walked to Prerna.

" You got pre eclampsia. Your pressure levels shot up. You were laying on the floor when I came home. "Rajiv said slowly gauging Prerna's reaction.

" I was feeling light headed, my feet swelled up. I thought it was normal. " Prerna said and moved her hand to her stomach. Suddenly she looked at Rajiv shocked, as she realized what had happened.

" The babies were not alive when I brought you to the hospital " Rajiv said holding Prerna's hand.

She looked at everyone around her. Her eyes welled up with tears.

" No, Rajiv, we had everything planned, the kids room,we,,,,, we loved them,,,, I need them, I need my babies, I want to see them!,they can't be dead! " She screamed and started crying.

I ran out of the room, unable to look at Prerna in the broken state. Shiva caught me as I tried to walk out to the lift. I tried to push him away but couldn't. I gave up and started crying.

I hugged Shiva and broke on the corridor. He hugged me tight as if he felt what I felt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

933K 38.3K 54
| Complete | ✅ They stared into each others eyes and everything seemed completely oblivious to them. Raw emotions of love and care were floating in...
70.4K 5.5K 33
《 Featured in 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐩𝐚𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐝𝐮𝐥𝐭 & 𝐓𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐅𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 Reading lists 》 ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡ 𝐑𝐚𝐠𝐡𝐚𝐯 : A handsome and hardworking man...
197K 13.1K 66
"You can try all you want to make him love you, Anika but he will never love you. Because he has given his heart to me along ago." She said looking a...
76.8K 3.1K 37
Sequel to Halcyon "Kismat se humein aap humdum mil gaye, Jaise ke dua ko alfaaz mil gaye. Socha jo nhi vo haasil ho gaya, Chahun aur kya ke khuda de...