wonderstruck// Tyler Joseph

By OhMyJosh_TayTayAndTy

when the prince finally came of age, he was expected to find a wife. he didn't think anything good would come... More

one | there i was
two | again tonight
three | forcing laughter
four | faking smiles
five | same old tired lonely place
six | walls of insincerity
seven | shifting eyes and vacancy
eight | vanished when i saw your face
nine | all i can say is it was enchanting to meet you
ten | your eyes whispered, "have we met?"
eleven | across the room your silhouette
twelve | starts to make its way to me
thirteen | the playful conversation starts
fourteen | counter all your quick remarks
fifteen | like passing notes in secrecy
sixteen | and it was enchanting to meet you
seventeen | all i can say is i was enchanted to meet you
eighteen | this night is sparkling
nineteen | don't you let it go
twenty | i'm wonderstruck
twenty one | blushing all the way home
baby
twenty two | i'll spend forever wondering if you knew
twenty three | i was enchanted to meet you
twenty four | the lingering question kept me up
twenty five | two a.m, who do you love?
twenty six | i wonder till i'm wide awake
twenty seven | and now i'm pacing back and forth
twenty eight | wishing you were at my door
twenty nine | i'd open up and you would say
thirty | hey, it was enchanting to meet you
thirty one | all i know is i was enchanted to meet you
thirty two | this is me praying that
thirty three | this was the very first page
thirty four | not where the story line ends
thirty five | my thoughts will echo your name
thirty six | until i see you again
thirty seven | these are the words i held back
thirty eight | as i was leaving too soon
chapter forty | epilogue
bonus chapter | forty one

thirty nine | i was enchanted to meet you

110 3 16
By OhMyJosh_TayTayAndTy

this is the last normal chapter!! there's gonna be an epilogue too but yeah

People brushed past me and Tyler as we walked hand in hand down the sidewalk. We were in Manhattan today, just hanging out and walking into some stores occasionally. Tyler enjoyed coming here, so whenever we were bored together we'd take the subway and spend most of the day here. We'd been here quite a few times since Tyler moved just a few weeks ago.

Tyler spotted a small park full of benches just across the street, so he pointed towards it and we made our way over there. He slumped down onto the bench, wiping sweat off his forehead.

"Man, it is so hot today," he complained, fanning himself with his hand.

"It's almost autumn. Soon you'll be wishing it was this hot again," I replied.

"I love the cold," he stated. "I won't be complaining."

"If you say so," I responded. "Do you want to get a drink or go inside a store or something?"

"Yeah, I guess," he said.

"After that we should start heading home. We have to be back in time for dinner," I explained. We were having dinner with my entire family, and Josh and Max. Since Tyler's apartment was big enough, he invited his best friend to be his roommate. He knew he couldn't leave Josh alone at the palace, he would have felt terrible about it. And Tyler talked to his father about how Max was drafted, and how he'd been such a big help to us, so now Max was back with his family in Texas. However, he happened to be visiting this weekend to see Tyler's new place.

And, of course, maybe seeing my sister was going to be a plus for him. I knew setting them up was a good idea. They got along really well. They weren't dating or anything yet, but Tyler, Josh and I could tell deep down that they really liked each other. We kept our mouths shut around them though, not wanting to intervene on anything.

I got up off of the bench, but Tyler stayed seated, looking up at me tiredly. I held my arm out, and he grabbed on. I pulled him up, and he stumbled and nearly fell into me.

"Alright, let's get you cooled off," I said, ruffling his hair. I dragged him into the nearest store, grabbing a Red Bull from the fridge because I knew those were his favorite.

After paying for it, he opened the can and started chugging it as we left the store. I stared at him as he continued drinking it, not seeming to stop until he was finished. He finally pulled the can away from his mouth, throwing it in the nearest trash can.

"You did not just drink that whole thing," I scolded him, my mouth slightly hanging open.

"I did. And I enjoyed doing so," he replied with a smirk.

"You're insane," I said as we began walking again. While we walked toward the subway, Tyler stopped in his tracks to look around the block. I tried to find whatever it was he was staring at, but there was nothing out of the blue.

He realized I was confused, so he pointed to a building. It was Madison Square Garden. I had seen it so many times, so I didn't think much of it whenever I walked by. It didn't occur to me that Tyler was still new to the city.

"Have you ever been there?" He asked.

"Yeah. I've been to a few concerts there before," I replied.

"Would it be crazy if I said I wanted to play a show there someday?" I looked at him. He looked unsure of himself, like he was asking the most ridiculous question ever.

"No, that wouldn't be crazy. Of course you could do it, why not?"

"I don't know. I guess I'm just scared it won't work out," he explained.

"You and Josh are really talented. I've heard you guys play together. There's no way it won't work out," I said encouragingly. It was the truth. I had listened to them play some songs together back in their studio at the palace. The both of them were amazing together.

"Maybe you're right," Tyler said.

"I know I'm right. You'll play a show there, and I'll be right there watching."

Eventually, we arrived back home, just in time for dinner. The table was already set, and Josh and Max had just arrived too. We all took our usual seats, and Max sat next to June. Tyler, Josh and I exchanged knowing glances, giggling amongst ourselves. My sister glared at me, clearly knowing what we were laughing at. I tried to stay quiet, but every time I looked at Tyler or Josh I nearly bursted into laughter.

Dinner consisted of many conversations and more laughter. For some reason, we just couldn't seem to hold it in. But still, none of us mentioned the obvious feelings between June and Max. We didn't want to embarrass them in front of everyone.

After dinner, we all headed to my room just to hang out. My brother stayed behind, but I assured him that it was okay if he wanted to come with us. He happily obliged, following me into my room. He sat on my bed next to Tyler and Josh. I figured he liked them a lot, especially since they all shared a passion for music. My sister was sitting on the other end of the bed, next to Max, of course.

"So, how's everything back home, Max?" I asked, curious to know about what the boy had been up to since he left the palace.

"It's been great," he said with a smile. "My family was so happy to see me. I seriously can't thank you enough, Tyler."

"It's nothing," Tyler replied, swatting his hand. "Are you gonna come up to visit often? We'd love to have you around."

"Yeah, I will. I might even move up here. It feels weird being far away from you guys," he said. June started saying something to him, so I turned to Tyler and Josh to say something before they heard me.

"He totally wants to move here because of her," I whispered, just enough so that Tyler and Josh could hear. But apparently August had heard too, because he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Why? Do they like-" He started saying, but I shushed him before he could finish his sentence. I slightly nodded my head, trying not to be too obvious.

June probably sensed we were talking about her, so she looked over at me. "So, December," she said loudly, so everyone could hear. "When are you and Tyler getting married?" I knew she was just trying to embarrass us to get back at us for giggling at her and Max, but it wasn't going to work.

"I don't know. Whenever we feel ready. When are you and Max getting married?" I asked. Her mouth slightly opened and Max's eyes widened. Meanwhile, Tyler, Josh and August burst into a fit of laughter. Maybe I should've kept quiet.

"I should've seen that one coming," June said, sighing.

The rest of the night was full of playful banter and jokes. I was glad to be able to hang out with my friends and siblings all at once. We all got along so well, so being together was always a good time.

After watching a movie together, Josh and Max decided to turn in for the night since they were super tired. They left for Tyler's apartment, which was just down the street. June and August left the room just a bit after them, so now it was just me and Tyler.

The room was dim, a tiny lamp on my nightstand and the city outside of my window being the only sources of light. Tyler soothingly ran his fingers through a few strands of my hair, nearly lulling me to sleep. Tyler suddenly jolting up pulled me out of my daze.

"Oh my gosh!" He exclaimed. "I almost forgot."

"What?" I asked tiredly, sitting up.

"Hold on," he said, running into the living room for a quick second. He came back with something in his hand, but I wasn't sure what. "I got something for you."

"Really? For what?"

"Just a thank you," he replied, handing me a box. I opened it, revealing a silver necklace with a diamond stud in the middle.

"Thank you so much," I said, smiling widely. "But why are you thanking me?"

"You've done a lot for me, and I just want you to know that I love you," he told me. I immediately leaned forward, engulfing him in a hug.

"I love you too, Ty," I mumbled against his shoulder.

When I pulled away, I stared at the boy in front of me. Sometimes I had to remind myself that he was a prince. Maybe he didn't act like one, and maybe he didn't even live in the palace anymore, but he was still a prince. He was royalty.

I'd always thought that royalty were stiff and boring, not bothering to play games or have some fun. Meeting Tyler totally disproved that theory. He was the most kindhearted, fun-loving person you could've ever met. He was everything I thought he wouldn't be.

He was beautiful inside and out. I loved his hair, the way it shadowed over his forehead, and his eyes, so soft and understanding. His smile could brighten anyone's day, and the dimples indented into his cheeks just made the sight all the more cuter. Sometimes I just wanted to squeeze his face and kiss him all over.

So that was what I did. I probably frightened him at first because of how quickly I held his face, but he didn't seem to care as I continued my actions.

"What are you doing?" He asked with a giggle, keeping his eyes shut tight as I pressed tiny kisses along his face.

"You're just really cute," I admitted, pulling away. He opened his eyes, a sheepish smile on his face. I leaned forward once more to place another kiss on his lips.

"Do you want me to put the necklace on you?" I nodded my head, pulling my hair in front of my shoulders so he could wrap it around my neck. After he finally connected the two ends, he moved back in front of me. "Perfect!"

"Thank you again. I love it."

"I'm glad you do," he responded. "I should probably head out. It's getting really late."

"You can stay here, if you want," I suggested, hoping Tyler would say yes.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course," I said. "I even have a pair of your clothes here." I stood up from my position on the bed and opened the drawer in my dresser, pulling out the t-shirt and sweatpants that Tyler had left here. I tossed them over to him and he caught them, placing them on the bed right next to him. He started by taking his shirt off and putting on the clean one I had just given him. Then he grabbed the sweatpants, standing up.

"Want me to leave the room?"

"Maybe just turn around?" I did as he told me, wanting to respect his privacy. "Okay, you're good," he said after a few seconds.

He was all dressed in his pajamas now, so now it was my turn to change. I grabbed my clothes from my dresser and sent Tyler outside of my door as I changed. It wasn't that I didn't trust him to just turn around and not look, I just felt more comfortable changing alone.

When I was done, Tyler came back in the room, pulling himself under the covers. I got in next to him, shutting off the lamp on my nightstand. It was quiet, if not for the sound of cars driving down the street outside and people who were out late talking amongst themselves. But I was used to it at this point, so the noise didn't bother me at all.

"Goodnight, Deci," Tyler said just above a whisper. I smiled at the familiar nickname, remembering the time he had first came up with it. Nobody had ever called me that before, so it was like our own little thing.

"Goodnight, Ty," I replied, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

Tyler must've been tired, because he dozed off into sleep right away. However, it wasn't working out so well for me. I wasn't uncomfortable, I was just... thinking.

I thought of the window in my room that was only a few feet away from me. I spent a lot of my time just looking through it, seeing the people passing by, entering and leaving the shops across the street. Just watching the city.

And one time, while doing that, I just happened to catch a shooting star. When I saw it, I wished for an angel. But of course I knew that some rock flying through space couldn't grant my wish. And it didn't.

An angel was something I had prayed for so many times beforehand. My prayer was answered, and that shooting star was just some sort of catalyst to push me into signing up for the Selection.

And the Selection had led me to the very thing that I had prayed for. When I said an angel, I just meant a person. It didn't have to specifically be a friend or a boyfriend. Just someone to have a connection with. The feeling I got with Tyler was so incredible, so special that it made me wonder how I'd gone so long without him in my life. All I knew was that he was a gift from God, and I couldn't have been grateful enough to have him with me.

It was strange how Tyler was always in my thoughts. No matter the situation or the mood that I may have been in, he was always there. And if I happened to be thinking about something else, my mind would somehow find its way back to him.

It was nothing new, though. It had been like that since the day I first met him. When I bumped into him in the hallway, and he was grouchy and rude to me. For some reason, he consumed my brain from that night forward. He was almost like a mystery, impossible to read. I felt like there was more to him then he was letting on, and I was determined to figure out what it was.

I was hit with a wave of wonder so strong that I couldn't escape my thoughts of him. And even now, as he slept beside me in bed, I was completely wonderstruck by him.

a/n: wow. i just finished another book

honestly, this is my favorite story i've written. i've spent so much time just thinking about it and the characters and stuff. it's like a huge part of my imagination

i don't know if i'm going to write a sequel though. i don't want to drag it on just because i love the story so much. i feel like i just don't have any good enough ideas that would work well and i don't want it to be boring

but i can write bonus chapters, just extra little stories that show their life together? and i'll have a new story too. i've already been planning it in my head, and of course it's another tyler story (duh)

thank you so much for reading this book though 🥺 i hope you enjoyed it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 14.1K 18
tyler watched as josh leaned forward, kissing her. "i love you." honestly i would edit this but also it's cool to leave things in the past. enjoy my...
Joshler By cherry

Fanfiction

880 66 9
Oneshots. ~ What was expected of him didn't matter, though, in that moment, as tears began to roll down his sun-kissed cheeks. ~ STARTED: APR 2019 EN...
9K 738 32
It all started with a tweet.... (Josh Dun is gr8) {WARNING: MENTIONS OF SELF-HARM, DEPRESSION; READ AT YOUR OWN RISK} Started: 12.09.16 Completed: 09...
310 4 26
I take requests :) All i've got to say is be careful reading these??? They can probably be pretty triggering and some may have happy endings and some...