The Mummy | (Rick X Reader)

By yuhyuh12345ye

Y/N Carnahan returned to her normal life many years ago, until she gets an unexpected call from her sister an... More

Prologue
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three (End)
Author's Update!

Chapter One

2.2K 53 0
By yuhyuh12345ye

"Evelyn, you know what happened in the past!? You have some ego to be asking this." I scoff and walk away from the shelves. I cross my arm and hear her sigh.

"I know, I know, it hurts to ask but--we need you. You've done this before, and this is a big deal, I mean it's really serious." I cut her off angrily.

"How serious? What could possibly be so big that you need my presence to accompany you!--" I throw my hands in the air.

"We found someone who know's the location of the Hamunaptra!" My mouth goes agape, I stop like I've been frozen in time. My throat dries as I process her sentence, I gulp hard in my throat while closing my mouth. "Uh? Y/N?" I stare straight, almost dazing out completely.

"I'm on my way." I end the call and storm out of the library, swinging the door open, flipping the open sign at the same time.

Once I arrive home, I instantly open my closet doors, pulling out old bags and clothes. I grab my brown satchel, I toss it onto the bed and continue looking for another bag. I find my suitcase and pile clothes in. I sit on my suitcase, squishing the pile, I shut the case successfully and lock it. I look over to my satchel, knowing the guns and swords are still in there. It haunts me to look at it, but I can't keep holding on to the past. Be strong, I need to, I got this....yeah. I freeze and silently look around and stand up, I think to myself.

I don't even know where they are...ugh, I'm such an idiot. I go over to my kitchen, grabbing the white phone off the wall. I punch in the numbers and hold the cold phone to my ear, tucking my arms into the other as I keep my grip. A few rings come in, making me change my focus towards my nails, picking at them as I wait. Then my sister speaks, resulting in my head snapping up.

"Ended the call too early--" I cut her off annoyed.

"Yes, Evelyn I know. Anyways wheres the location I'm headed to?" I put my free hand on the kitchen counter.

"Cairo prison..." She states nervously.

"You're sending me to a prison? Oh my-bloody hell!" I yell at her.

"Hey! Y/N! No cursing!" I scoff and end the call on her by angrily slamming the phone.

I quickly grab my satchel and suitcase and head off, I throw both my things in the back and drive. I stop by the babysitting house and quickly explain, I gives goodbyes to the children and feel my heart clench as I back out of the driveway. I scratch my head as I go to the airport, those kids deserve me to be there. No! This will be a three day thing, and I'll return with no problems, I'll find amazing things, make new discoveries, it'll be fantastic! I sigh, I'm really trying to make the best out of this.

Now, I have to get an expensive plane ticket there.....great. Maybe Jonathan will pay me back, I know Evelyn won't. Hopefully I wont hear any talk about marriage...family...or kids from her either! She always wants to pair me up with someone, but I keep telling her I'll manage--or I'll find someone when I look for them. I bite my lip, I kind of want to marry someone from London, same page in life. We could live there, and not separate from my siblings, wouldn't be so bad.

I arrive to the airport and buy the ticket, as I hand over my card it makes me cringe. My cash is being used for something important, yeah think of it that way. I grab the card again and slowly walk into the plane. I look down at my passport, I shake my head, trying to excuse the negative thoughts. As I sit down looking at the sky, I breathe in and out, I will come out of this alive, no worries, right? Right...I'm with my family, they'll help--actually they don't know how to fight for themselves...maybe Jonathan? No- he's a pansy, can't even kill spiders.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Old Love By Kai Mike

Mystery / Thriller

255 13 6
❗Important ❗ 1:this story talk about "Army"stuff so if you aren't Army so i think these doesn't fit you 2: this story in it some ↓ # Romantic🌹✨ # Ac...
12 0 1
Two men who both treat her right she loves one but is in love with the other
57K 2.1K 31
Ten years. It's been ten years since the boys have been held up in prison cells for accounts such as murder, drug possession and robbery. Four years...
243 0 29
This is a short story I wrote. It is a story about them finding love and happiness at the dark times in their lives. This is the first story I have e...