The Devourer's Chosen: A God...

Af After_Hours_Writer

Left to die in the Ashlands by his boss, a 4th gen God Eater finds himself in an entirely foreign world after... Mere

Chapter One: The Demon's Chosen
Chapter Two: Guidance From an Apostle
Chapter Three: A Village's Fate
Chapter Four: To the Land of Riches
Chapter Six: Heroes to be Reborn
Chapter Seven: Uninvited Guest
Chapter Eight: Ashborn on the Loose

Chapter Five: To the Adventurer's Guild

424 15 16
Af After_Hours_Writer

City Gates of Lancaster...
3rd Person POV

Satanael: Now this is a city.

At the gates of the capital city, six fairly young adults dawning leather armor overlooked the entry process as a massive line of commoners was formed behind them.

City Guard: 5 silver, please.... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

City Guard: No illicit goods in the cargo.

City Guard: Proceed.

Passing by the people that waited in line, Satanael discussed the situation with the pup that had hidden himself in his shadow as those in line expressed their disguest.

Satanael: You sure I should be doing this?

Person in Line: Get back in line, asshole!

Fenrir: The letter of association Vulcan gave you is the equivalent of a VIP pass into the city, so yes.

Woman in Line: Hey! No cutting!

Ignoring the insults, Satanael continued on.

Satanael: And you don't think the guards will notice all this?

Fenrir: Getting their attention is exactly the point.

City Guard: Sir!

From the entrance, a young man in his late twenties began to walk towards Satanael, hands drawn near the hilt of his sword as he displayed a troubling look.

Fenrir: And right on queue.

City Guard: Unless there's an emergency, you're gonna have to get back in line.

Reaching into his jacket, Satanael responded with assurance.

Satanael: I was told this would allow me into the city.

Pulling out the letter of association, Satanael handed it over to the city guard, much to his confusion. His hands away from his blade, the city guard opened the envelope and began reading the letter, revealing shock and awe as he blurted out the furst thing on his mind.

City Guard: There's no way...

Satanael: Hmm?

Realizing his mistake, the city guard quickly instructed him before running back to the other guards.

City Guard: J-Just stay where you are!

Watching the guards gather around, Satanael wondered to himself.

Satanael: They think its a fake, dont they?

As the guards discussed about the letter, one of them reached his arm out towards the letter and blurted out something that sounded nonsensical.

City Guard: Incedio!

Satanael: Heh?

*FWOOM!*

From the guard's hand, a ball of fire, roughly the size of a golf ball, manifested in front of his hand from thin air before being launched towards the letter, engulfing it in flames.

Satanael: What!?

But as the fire quickly engulfed the letter, it dissipates just as fast, leaving the letter intact.

Satanael: Heh!?

City Guard: It's the real deal.

The city guard from before ran quietly towards Satanael, apologizing before alowing entrance into the city.

City Guard: I'm so sorry for my remark. It's very rare to see someone with a letter of association. Most people who come by here with one usually create fakes.

Satanael: ...

City Guard: Oh! P-Please, go on in.

Satanael: Thanks.

Walking past the lone guards, he took the letter back from the other guards before entering the city of Lancaster.

Lancaster Southern District...

Entering the city for the first time, Satanael stood in the southern district square in awe as people of various races and ethnicities roamed the massive megacity. A place where gold and silver were as common as wood and steel.

Satanael: Dear god....

Fenrir: Amazed?

Satanael: So many people...

Fenrir: You're used to a world where humanity's extinction is always eminent. Here, not only has humanity thrived, but so has the othher races. A city coordinated by the gods and perfected by the emperor himself... A city of over 5 million.

Satanael: Five million!?

Satanael: That's over half the predicted population of the Ashlands! All in one city!?

Satanael: Are the people fucking like rabbits to get to that many!? What the hell-!?

As the young man expressed his emotions, a familiar face interrupted him.

Violet: Do you mind not acting like an idiot in public?

Satanael: Huh?

Looking back, he was met with the young, caramel skinned girl from before; Her arms crossed in disappointment as she continued on with an aggressive tone.

Satanael: Oh...

Violet: You're gonna get yourself kicked from here if you keep that up.

Satanael: You again....

Shoulders slouched downward, Satanael asked.

Satanael: What do you want, woman?

Violet: I was asked by Vulcan to go find you and take you to the guild.

Satanael: Ah...

Violet and Satanael: I don't see why he could've-.

Violet and Satanael: ?

Violet: Whatever. Come along, child...

Satanael: I'm in my twenties.

Violet: Oh?

Satanael: What?

Violet: Well I thought you were in your teens.

Satanael: (-_-)

Satanael: And you're not?

Violet: I'm twenty-five.

Satanael: And you're mocking me for my age!?

Violet: It's rude for men to ask a lady her age.

Satanael: ankvferdhe/#@^^%%=$$#÷$%!!!

Grabbing his hand, Violet pulled the frozen God Eater out of his trance as she began to lead him further into the district.

Violet: Let's go, you oaf!

Satanael: Fine!

A Few Minutes Later...

Walking around the southern district, the two of them discussed the city in greater detail as they made their way to the Adventurer's guild.

Violet: Aside from embarrassing yourself-.

Satanael: Shut it.

Violet: Welcome to the capital city of Lancaster, home to the emperor and his family and also the main headquarters of the Adventurer's guild.

Satanael: I got that...

Violet: Well if you got that, did you know that the city is divided into four districts?

Satanael: Assuming each one is for each cardinal direction, yes.

She began muttering to herself, though loud enoufh that Satanael could hear her.

Violet: Hmph... so you're just brash, not a complete idiot.

Satanael: I heard that...

Violet: And do you know the roles of each district?

He lied.

Satanael: Sure...

Violet: Heh? How did you-?

Satanael: I'm lying.

Violet: ....

Satanael: Finally...

Violet: The southern district, where we're at, is the commercial district...

Satanael: ....

Violet: Where we're going, the western district, is the guild's district, serving as a hub and a residential area for adventurers. To the north is the emperor's castle....

Looking over to his right, the stunningly beautiful white castle towered over them, as well as the entire city.

Satanael: You don't say...

Violet: ... and to the east is the "undeveloped" districts.

Satanael: Well that's a hell of a way to describe the ghettos.

Violet: You don't say...

Satanael: ...

Violet: But seriously though, unless there's some business you need to attend to over there, do not go. It's where most of the shady things happens.

Satanael: I'll keep that in mind.

Satanael: You're being useful for a change.

Violet: Knowing this baboon, he'll probably find himself there anyways.

Adventurer's Guild Building...
Lancaster's Western District...

Violet: We're here.

Satanael: Did the massive signs gave it away?

Violet: Oh, shut up!

Upon entering the adventurer's guild building, the two were greeted with... a rather empty room. Devoid of any people, the halls of the guild were filled with nothing more than Adventurers Guild decor and a large board with various pieces of papers attached to them.

Violet and Satanael: ?

Satanael: Isn't this place usually bubbling with people?

Violet: It may have something to do with the date.

Satanael: ?

Violet: Every century, on the 15th day of the summer solstice, the four gods will bless our empire with four heroes. Today's the 14th, so that may explain the lack of people.

Satanael: Okay?

Fenrir: The day is also commemorated as "Guilds Day" and recieve an influx of new adventurers.

Satanael: Ah.

As the two remained motionless at the entrance, Satanael began to walk forward as Violet contemplated coming back tomorrow.

Satanael: Hey!

Violet: !?

Satanael: Anyone here!?

Violet: You idiot! They're probably busy with something else!

Guild Waitress: Yes, but could you give me a few minutes?

Violet: ?

Peeking out from a slightly darker room, a beautiful young woman with short, hazelnut hair asked Satanael.

Guild Waitress: We're a little busy at the moment in the dining hall.

He raised his arms up a bit, apologizing as he continued on towards the cobblestone counter.

Satanael: Sorry, take your time. I'm in no rush.

As she went back inside, Violet eventually caught up with Satanael.

Violet: Oi! Satanael!

Satanael: !?

Violet: The Guild is a prestigious place for the empire! Don't just go around, yelling like you own the place.

Satanael: Say what you want, but it worked... Didn't it?

Violet: Oh, for the love of-.

Guild Attandant: Sorry to keep you waiting...

From the same area the waitress was in, a beast kin woman emerged, walking towards the two and going behind the cobblestone counter as she explained.

Satanael: Hey! Another beast kin. I can work with this.

Guild Attendant: There was a brawl in the dining hall we had to clean up.

Satanael: A brawl?

Violet: It's all right, ma'am.

Guild Attendant: You two must be new here.

The two nodded as she introduced herself.

Guild Attendant: My name is Lua. Are you two looking to be Adventurers?

The two nodded again as she reached under her desk and placed down two pieces of paper and pens from an era that was a long ways from the medieval era.

Satanael: ?

Seeing Violet taking the pen and writing down her info, Satanael shrugged off the oddity of a pen and paper from two vasly different eras and joined her.

Satanael: I guess fuck it, then. Seems to be the basic stuff: Name, race, height, weight...
...
...
...
"Magic compatibility"? Like what the guard did earlier?
...
"None", it is.
...
...
"Class type"? The hell is this, a video game?

Looking back at Violet's paper, he searched down what she wrote, though it only served to cause further confusion.

Satanael: Magic swordsman!? The fuck is that!?
...
...
...
Does the predator form count as "magic"?
...
...
...
Maybe the sniper rifle?
...
...
...
Fuck it, "Magic Swordsman". Though I'm more swordsman than magic.
...
...
...
"Elemental Association"?

Fenrir: Wind.

Satanael: Just as I was about to look stupid asking.
...
...
"Wind"
...
...
And that's it. Simple enough.

Putting the pen down, Satanael handed his paper over to the guild attendant after Violet.

Lua: Alright then, now there is a fee for registration.

Satanael: Crap.

Lua: Of course, this pays the smiths who make your identification badges.

Satanael: What are we, cops?

Lua: That'll be 25 silver from each of you, please.

Satanael: HEH!?

Pulling out a familiar letter, Violet placed it onto the cobblestone counter while stating.

Violet: I was informed by the entry guards that this would waiver the fees.

Satanael: I wasn't... but screw it.

Placing his own letter on the counter, he continued thinking to himself as the guild attendant inspected them.

Lua: Oh!

Satanael: Seems like it'll work.

Lua: Mister "Satanael", is it?

Satanael: Uh huh.

Lua: You've registered yourself under "Wind", but recieved a letter of association from Vulcan, an apostle to the fire god.

Satanael: Yes?

She began to express her suspicion.

Lua: How is that so?

Violet defended him, though she did so by insulting him.

Violet: This ding dong worked with me at my shop. He too, was given a letter of association when he helped me forge Vulcan's hammer.

Satanael: I did what, now?

She bought her lie, as her suspicion died down.

Lua: I see...

Violet: Ain't that right, ding dong?

Satanael: Uh huh...

Gritting his teeth, he muttered just loud enough that only Violet could hear him.

Satanael: I'm going to wring your neck when we leave.

Violet: Uh huh, sure you will.

Lua: Now for the guild's ranking system, I will refer you to this graph here.

Looking off to the left, beside the counter, a piece of paper was left stuck to the wall. On it was nothing more than a simple graph.

Satanael: Yeah, that's exactly what I thought it would be.

Violet: Simple enough. So we'll be Rank F to start with, right?

Lua: Of course you can improve your rank, but sadly yes. Your badges won't be made till tomorrow, so feel free to come back then.

Violet: Thank you, Miss Lua.

Satanael: Yep, see you tomorrow.

As the two turned themselves around and left the guild building, Violet muttered to herself as Satanael began cracking his knuckles.

Violet: You know, you could've thanked her for-.

Satanael: rrrrraaaAAAAAHHH!

Grabbing her neck Satanael began to shake her body with a bit of force, stunning her for a moment as he yelled.

Satanael: I told you that this ding dong was gonna wring your neck when we left!

Violet: Gah! Let go of me, you baboon's ass!

Kicking him in the groin, Satanael let go in pain as he fell to the ground, wincing in more pain as she began to give him a headlock.

Satanael: You cheap bitch....

Violet: Give a reason not to kill yo-.

Lifting her up, the two's fight devolved to nothing more than a wrestling match outside as the two fought. A small crowd gathering around them as they continued to throw insults at one another as the sun began to set.

Violet: Beta Male!

Satanael: Arrogant Cunt!

Violet: Loudmouthed Douche!

Satanael: Hapless Sow!

Violet: Fuck you!

Satanael: Fuck you!

Violet: FUCK YOU!

Satanael: $%#@-$%$# YOU!

Violet: ....

Satanael: ....

Violet: ....

Satanael: ....

Violet: ....

Satanael: ....

Violet: ....

Satanael: ....

Violet: Let's just find an inn for the night.

Satanael: Yeah...

Fortsรฆt med at lรฆse

You'll Also Like

196K 8.8K 22
Trigger warning: Mentions of torture, starvation, suicide, murder, war, religious bodies. It's the end of second year, and Harry is sick of the cruel...
7.4K 410 11
"ษช แด€สŸแดกแด€สs แด„แดแดแด‡ ส™แด€แด„แด‹! สแดแดœ แดแด€ส ษดแดแด› ส€แด‡แด„แดษขษดษชแดขแด‡ แดแด‡ แด€แด› า“ษชส€sแด›, ส™แดœแด› ษช แด€ssแดœส€แด‡ สแดแดœ, ษชแด›'s sแด›ษชสŸสŸ แดแด‡." ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡, ๐€ olden soul was transported into a oddly...
25 3 3
In a world where fallen gods live among you, there is the god of winter and death who leaves behind merciless blizzards and famine wherever he goes o...
2.6K 105 22
Taylor Roth is a broken man. Haunted by the death of his family, he tries to put the pieces back together and find a place for himself in the world...