Patron Saint of the Denial

By joycemanr

"You fucked up?" he said. "On the inside, a little," I said. "Then why the hell aren't you doing anything abo... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Note, once again.
Gerard's Input. V.1
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
May has been a lazy fuck, to say the least.
Chapter Six.
HAHA IM BACK FROM THE DEAD LIKE FUCKIN FRANK IN THE WEIGHTED VID

Chapter Three

309 15 19
By joycemanr

"Le shithole grande, also known as Belleview High School." I said, smirking at Gerard.

He snickered, covering up his mouth like he was trying to cover his smile.

If he was, what a bummer. I like his smile already.

He made me feel less lonely, something nothing else made me feel. From watching raindrops fall onto me and splash under my damp Converses, to enjoying the sight of birds in the forest. All every moment usually did was make me wallow in my loneliness again.

Holy shit, you are literally clinging onto him. Stop pulling his arm to guide him places. He's a human, not a Silly Band.

Silly Bands? Where the hell did that come from. Did you travel back to 2011?

Then the realization happened. I felt my own eyes widen as I acknowledged my own incompetence. Get your shit together, Frank! Gerard is in front of you!

"Well, see you around...Gerard? Right?" I said, snapping myself out of my mental flurry, again.

"Yeah." He basically whispered, me almost not hearing him in the loud and busy hallway.

"One more thing!" He shouted loudly enough for not only me, but everyone near me to hear. "Where the hell do I go?"

First day. Right. Why was this kid beginning the school year a month late? I'm quite sure it's September, not early August. Everything can change in a span of that much time.

I walked back over to him, a smile forming on my face that I couldn't explain. I babbled for at least three minutes giving him directions to the school's Main Office, and all he did was nod once in reply.

I know what this means.

"You have no fucking idea what I just said, do you?" I'm not that clueless.

That nod means confused, hella confused.

"Not a clue, man," he mumbled, shrugging his shoulders. I giggled.

Frank Anthony Iero, you do not fricking giggle.

"Well dude, we need to find it together then!" He practically screamed, suddenly latching his hand onto my wrist like I did earlier.

Then we started walking to the Main building.

AKA Gerard pulling me to where he thinks the building is.

He couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't stop tripping over my own feet as we ran to the central of this shithole.

"Do you even know how to get to the Main?" I asked, knowing the answer already.

"The bus parked outside of the biggest building I saw on campus. So if we just go outside we can get there."

I knew it.

I know a bunch of shit I don't need to know.

They don't call me Frank The Psychic for nothing.

And I actually am.

Then I realized- jacket in locker, Frank and Gerard, outside. Great.

"We should probably take the way that's-" He stopped me by freezing and facing towards me.

I was cut off with a sharp "no" from Gerard.

Then once again making me trip by pulling faster in the thick September air.

"We're going the Way way, man! Don't fucking question someone with eyeliner game stronger than you!"

He slowed down, us now walking side by side, him laughing his ass off.

"Mine's stronger than Pete's."

"Wentz?" He a knowing glint in his eye that admittedly made me a little worried.

"Yeah, he's in my grade. You know him?"

"Yeah, he takes it up the ass on the daily from my brother." He was cackling now, and I was too, our combined noise scaring away birds nearby that lived in the school's trees.

I couldn't really stop either.

Was I insane? Probably.

"I always imagined Pete as a top."

"Tops are twats. This a bottom's world," he said. He was struggling so hard to keep a straight face his eyes watered.

"And you're calling me a twat now?"I jokingly snapped back, saying the first sassy thing I could think of.

Shit.

Shit shit shit shit shit.

"So you've..." He hesitated before ending the sentence.

Fuck it.

"Maybe."

"So you're obviously..."

"Hella. Well, like 80 percent."

That is pretty true, Frank.

"Cool. Since we're exchanging personal shit now, I'm pansexual."

"Cool. Guessing you're not a homophobic dickface then?" I said, not sure what to say anymore.

I just...wanted to keep speaking.

For a moment though it was still silent, nothing but the sounds of birds, leaves, and lost papers being heard from either one of us.

Awkward.

"Nope," he replied.

Awkward moment over, thank God.

"Y'know, you're really open. Really open, dude."

It was true. A person this open was unusual, but I liked it.

"Yeah, it's the downfall in everyone, when you're open with someone. Especially me. Y'know, man?"

Imperfection count: one.

Imperfections are important, at least to me.

Your flaws? They define you. Shape you. At least in my mind.

"Yeah. But flaws are pretty cool. I mean if you-"

And then I saw him.

Sam.

Bloody hell, here it comes.

"What up, Royal Faggotry? Is that your new slave master you're talking to, or your rebound because your dick was too short?"

I didn't fucking want Gerard to see this.

He didn't need to see this! Hell, at least not on his first fucking day, Sam.

I had to say something, I wasn't just gonna let Gerard watch me get beat up.

"What up living shitface? Is that your posse or the heads you've stuck up your ass?"

Next thing I know I was pinned to a wall by my shirt, a hard punch to my face causing me to cry out in pain.

I could hear my shirt's threads tearing, and they could too. While my face turned red about my shirt being slowly destroyed and then turned blue from the forming bruise, they laughed.

"Look, at least I've got people who respect me that don't want my french fry sized dick up their ass."

Gerard stood there, eyes growing wider by the second. He was shaking, yet his face was growing redder.

"And I don't have my head up Sam's ass, because that's not possible you-"

"Shut the hell up, Dahvie!" Sam screamed, Dahvie retreating to behind him.

"Little kid homeless, and no one has sympathy. Too bad for you. But oh well, fag. As they say, get busy living or get busy dying."

He pulled something from his pocket and put it in mine.

A razor.

It's not fucking funny anymore.

Game over.

Everything from there seemed to play out in slow-motion, as if time decided pause and enjoy the show. While it most likely lasted less than a minute, due to the adrenaline and anger running through me it seemed like several.

I wriggled myself a smidge more loose from Sam's grip, then kneed him in the crotch. Hard.

I ran, smacking Gerard on the back as I sprinted faster and faster off campus. Thank God, he got the message and followed me. All Sam and Dahvie did was curse and laugh.

"Where are we going?" He said, breathing heavily and looking behind him. Hold on, I know a place we can go..."

Against my better judgement, I followed.

If we weren't running from insane masses of testosterone, I would've noticed how nice a day it actually was.

But to hell with that. No fantasy land for me.

We arrived at the park he led me to after at least another 5 minutes of running.

We sat next to each other on the swings silently for about 10 minutes, hearing nothing but wind and birds' chirps.

"I don't know why I followed you here," he said, and I understood.

"I don't know why either."

"Hell, I don't know, you're just...interesting." He said, leaving me confused.

"Interesting? I think you're talking about yourself." I couldn't imagine how I, Frank Iero, was interesting. Not to anyone other than Sam and his bitches, at least.

"Yeah. You're different. I mean, I've never really had anyone to talk to, I just observed. And you, no one else I've seen is just as...individual as you."

"Same with you. You're a snowflake, Gerard. No other is like you. Or at least you're not a fucktard."

"Wow, thanks," he said, us both laughing.

"Hey, can you give me a time check?" I wanted to be back for 4th period.

I laughed a little, realizing that thanks to me and Gerard's admittedly fun drag-fest, he doesn't even know what his 4th period is.

We walked around the small, abandoned park, restoring the happiness we had on the bus ride. Eventually, we ended up sitting at a picnic table.

"Oh and it's- oh wow. 1:27," he said. Really? Wow. As the saying goes, time flies.

After shuffling through his pockets, Gerard sat his phone on the wooden table and opened an app. "Battle with me."

Air Hockey. Was there even a choice anymore? I'm definitely playing.

We played for 30 minutes at least, until his battery was reduced to 25%.

Of course, me trying to be nice, I had to do something for him. He lead me here, and wasted his battery for me.

"Since we've already skipped 7 tenths of the day and I got you into this mess, I know a Dairy Queen is a walk away. My treat?"

We had already began walking, so the answer was pretty clear. Even though, he still replied.

"Definitely, man. And one last thing. Excuse the 4th grade cliché, but does this make us, y'know, friends or whatever?"

We then got off topic, and the time passed quickly, as it had all day.

By the time we had gotten to to the counter and started taking sips out of our sodas, we had gotten off topic and were talking about guitars vs. bass, but I still answered.

"Yeah Gee, we're friends."

Did I just call him Gee?

"Okay, Frankie."

"Okay, Gee."

Then, we both laughed, and giggled, just a little.

"Have we turned back into 10 year olds?" I said, somehow blushing a little.

"Turned back? I still am one!" We chuckled even harder, me releasing a snort and Gerard grabbing a few fries from the basket put on our table.

With his mouth full of fries he says, "I think I could get used to this."

"Table manners, Sir Gerard," I said, showing off my terrible British accent. "and I could too. But we're going to school tomorrow."

He stuck out his starch covered tongue in reply.

A shadow cast over us, the shadow of another person.

I looked up, to see a blonde haired lanky boy with who seemed like his father standing a few feet away, chatting with an employee in the busy restaurant.

Gerard quickly looked at the dad with fear and slumped down slowly in his seat. He motioned the boy with one finger to lean down and talk with him.

"Mikey, what the hell are you doing here?"

A/N: It's almost kind of sad this is the longest chapter so far. I wrote this in a surge of (caffeine induced) hyperactivity, and also because I really want to keep this story going. I feel like it'll get better, because it's really bad. DO YOU GUYS HAVE A BURNING HATRED FOR SAM YET? Because I created him and he still pisses me off.

Seriously, why are you reading this. Go read something cooler. This is literal crap. I'll go back and edit later, because right now I just want to get this chapter out before a week. *Update: It was 4 days over. Stop being a lazy arse, May.*

Oh and I hope you had a hella rad holidays!!! ((((holiday vibes))))

-xøMay.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

656K 15.7K 100
Evelyn Claire Bennett never thought this would happen to her. Not in a million years. How could something that was meant to be temporary have a las...
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
333K 19.3K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong
598K 995 22
Smexy One shots😘 Got deleted twice 3rd times a charmπŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈπŸ˜­