𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐃 ━ pansy...

By charIieweasley

when all of hell is loose, two girls find comfort in each other and realize how much more they can still ga... More

𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐑𝐄𝐃
i. hogwarts notice
ii. train rides
iii. hat's warning
iv. best friends!
v. negative points
vii. repeating rabbits
viii. the plan to steal

vi. wiztag fun

1.2K 80 228
By charIieweasley

CHAPTER SIX:
( wiztag fun )

*・゚

             PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL DID NOT enjoy hearing the news about Venus receiving detention on the very first day of class and proceeded to give her more for the rest of the week. Venus knows that the only reason she announced it to the whole school about it is not so she can get embarrassed, but so the Carrows know perfectly well that her Head of House is dealing with her. While she appreciates it, Neville also forbid her from speaking anymore against them until a week or two. The infamous former awkward boy told her exactly, 'you did your part now let me do mine for now'. Neville ended up with a detention on Friday.

             Now, you may also be thinking, what ever happened to the class with the male Carrow? Well, the male professor left school for a couple of days and so he missed teaching Dark Arts and thus, every student was able to pass through the class without any curse being thrown against them. No one still knows what they are going to be taught, but they were at least given more time to not think about it.

             Until later today, of course.

             Professor Sprout walks around her classroom with a kind smile on her lips. She eyes the students with a pitiful look and does not bother to silence Venus as she lets out a laugh. Why, you may ask? Well, that is easy to answer. Venus finds the smallest of things funny and most of the time she has no utter reason on why it is— you can literally tell her the worst joke of all and she'll laugh.

             "Do you know what is useful for nosebleeds?" Neville leans in and whispers to Venus. His somehow muscled body against the table he is placed at behind the young girl, Ernie Macmillan, and Anthony Goldstein (her seat partners).

             Venus gasps and turns around curiously. "What?"

             Neville quietly snickers before answering, "Knotgrass." The joke does not need to be told twice before Venus is already doubling back in laughter, her head tilting back with the widest grin on her face. Her hand is slapping on the table which clearly announces her disruption of assignment to Professor Sprout, but upon noticing the words 'Fuck Death Eaters!' on her hand, the older woman simply smiles and shakes her head in amusement.

             Ernie and Anthony chuckle, not because they find the joke funny, but because of how Venus almost topples out of her chair in the process if it were not for her holding onto their arms. The class silences and some begin to follow her move just for the fact that they have no clue what happened, but hey someone's laughing! Neville turns into a shade of red of embarrassment and leans back on his chair.

             Venus starts calming down when she overhears Parkinson turn to Zabini and Malfoy, whispering, "I think she is on those muggle drugs." The Gryffindor girl gasps again and focuses her attention on the Slytherins.

             "The offer still stands," Venus claims, giving a wink their way and yet to no one in particular. Zabini narrows his eyes almost in concern before shaking his head, turning it back down to the plant in front of him. Parkinson raises an eyebrow curiously and then rolls her eyes (but Venus notice that small twitch indicating she wanted to smile!). Venus shrugs their way while focusing back on her assignment.

             When the class resumes to its lesson, Neville quietly gains her attention and motions to her two seat partners. Venus blinks confusedly before realizing what he meant and nods at him assuredly. Making sure her voice is barely above a whisper, she calls Anthony and Ernie for their attention. The Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw boy share a look of confusion before letting their focus stay on her.

             "You two got the message from the coin?" Venus whispers, smiling slightly toward Lizette before turning back to the two boys. Ernie nods excitedly while Anthony furrows his brows in confusion and shakes his head.

             "No, I put it away in my drawer since Harry isn't..." Anthony trails off at the end appearing slightly uncomfortable. Venus waves it off and motions for them to lean closer.

             "That's alright, but make sure you start carrying it around now. The DA is back, but this time it will be a full rebellion," she starts explaining, taking out her coin discreetly and showing them the words. Anthony widens his eyes in surprise and then nods politely, urging her to continue. "Neville and I decided we will be the ones making clear statements to their faces— hopefully, we don't die, but everyone else will be helping younger students or sneaky traps or graffiti!" Venus lists off, bringing her fingers up to count each item. Her eyes brighten at the last part as if she wants to take part in that too.

             Which she absolutely does want to do now that she has mentioned it.

             Anthony and Ernie listen close to her detailed explanation appearing as if they were working, but their mind solely focus on her. After she finishes, the two boys nod in agreement and even places a finger on the coin (Venus told them it was a scout's honor) to make the official deal.

             (Then she quietly snickers telling them that they did not really have to complete it but at least to keep the rebellion a secret).

             Now, remember when it was first mentioned that the male Carrow vanished for a few days? Well, the time of having a normal class of what used to be Defense Against the Dark Arts suddenly disappears when he returns back to the area. Venus groans harshly when she notices the man sitting down beside his insane sister. Lizette glances up from doing her Potions homework and gives her a strict look.

             "You're not gonna do anything," Lizette reminds her, refocusing back on her homework that Slughorn gave her. Venus makes a face that says otherwise and knowing her own best friend, the smaller girl glances up again. "Neville practically forbade you from doing anything this week, V."

             Venus lets a small frown grow on her face. Lizette is right. Neville still has not given her the green card and not wanting to upset the kind housemate of hers, Venus follows his orders and unfortunately watch as the detentions for the week heads to him. Seamus pokes her shoulder which causes her to stare at him curiously. He glances around him before leaning in.

             "I've told a Gryffindor kid to help a few students the same age as him or younger. Discreetly, of course," Seamus informs her, motioning to a fourth-year who coolly eats with two of his friends. Venus stares at the young boy before nodding appreciatively toward Seamus. "And Leanne was asked by Neville to join in the group," he continues, pointing at a Hufflepuff girl who now seems to be sitting beside Tiberius.

             The curly-haired girl smiles with a sort of gratitude toward her friend. "Thanks, Seamus. By the way, are you dating my cousin?"

             Seamus begins nodding before he gapes at her. "W-What? Where'd you hear that? And why do you keep asking?" The older boy turns into a light shade of pink and crosses his arms while he practically hides his face. Venus smirks at his reaction and shrugs.

             "You two are idiots who obviously like each other and all I wanna know is if you two are dating!" Venus exclaims, her voice becoming slightly whiny toward the end. Seriously, the two of them dance each other for ages and last year it had become slightly less passive about it, but she could tell something occurred. Now either they kissed and continues to dance around each other or they are secretly dating and is hiding it from her. She thinks the second option is rude but still believable.

             Her friend rubs his hands on his face. "We got together last year before Dumbledore died... we just didn't feel it appropriate to announce that we're dating and it just became a thing between us, you know? Our thing? I don't care about people knowing it just felt like with Dumbledore dying and now this. It feels like a crime to be happy. Except the part that he is now on the run."

             Venus gasps in excitement and slaps his arm a bit too hard than she should have. Seamus hisses in pain and gives her a look which she ignores as she practically jumps out of her seat in happiness. "I was right! I'm gonna write to Dea—" Venus starts off before she realizes what she is about to say and slowly begins frowning. Her eyes slowly gazes down to her food as she releases a small, "Oh."

             Seamus mimics her expression before he brings his hand to hers, giving it a small squeeze in comfort while he gives her a short smile. He does. Not her. Venus shakes off the demeaning thoughts and returns her usual smile to the world. Seamus eyes her knowingly before choosing not to say anything.

             "Anyway," Venus realizes it is best if they change the topic for the meantime. She glances around the Great Hall before eyeing the Slytherin table and then tapping excitedly on the table which gains Lizette's attention as well. Her best friend momentarily stops from continuing her Potions homework and eyes her curiously. "I think Zabini is warming up to me! Last time, I told him a joke and he didn't ignore me! And then get this... he called me pretty! One of the best-looking Slytherins called me pretty..."

             Lizette raises her eyebrow in surprise while Seamus makes a face. He clears his throat and contradicts, "I think his exact words were 'Thomas, you are pretty annoying and I say this with my whole chest' and his face still blank as always."

             Venus rolls her eyes playfully. "Nope, didn't happen," she denies, standing up slightly as she gazes at the Slytherin table. To 'prove' her mark, her eyes stay on Zabini until he finally feels someone staring at him. It seems he does not have to think much on it since he immediately connects his eyes with hers. Even without being near him, she can already hear his sigh. In a bored motion, his hand lightly went up and waves before he rolls his own eyes and turns to Theodore Nott. Huh, Venus notices, he had not been there the first few days...

             "Okay, so he waved at you, but he did say that. I think if you annoy him further you'll either achieve what you want or get killed," Seamus snorts in amusement, turning back to Venus with a smug smile.

             However, she barely pays attention while she stares at Nott. "What if I try it with Nott and Parkinson as well? And M—"

             "Venus," Lizette gasps in horror. "Nott's father is a Death Eater! Maybe he isn't, but that is dangerous... and were you about to say Malfoy? I seriously do not get your fantasy, V."

             Her mouth opens with full offense at her best friend's words. See, she knows that Lizette just wants to take care of her and probably sent her off into some mental capacity so she can be protected from herself and safe. However, she truly does desire for some Slytherins to finally see that they have a choice. That not all of them are evil just because You-Know-Who was in that house and most of the Death Eaters. How many children raised by those pesky ugly Death Eaters were taught differently? What if they do not share the same views but are trapped?! Venus takes one last look at the Slytherins and then back at Lizette.

             "Liz, you know I love you. Truly, but I am going to prove you wrong! What I am trying to do is not a fantasy but guidance to them," she huffs firmly, crossing her arms in defiance. Seamus makes a face as he watches the slow tension between the two girls. Lizette glares at her hotly before it dials down and she sighs.

             "I hope for your sake you do prove me wrong," Lizette frowns.

             Before Dark Arts starts, Venus knows she honestly cannot cause any trouble during class. Which is why she finds it reasonably okay if she causes it beforehand. There is this muggle game by the name of 'Tag' or something along those lines, however, Venus took a chance to rename it into something wizardry (Wiztag, if you'll believe it!) and began her game with another seventh-year student in Hufflepuff who goes by the name Hannah Abbott. Of course, she explained it before starting it and then out of nowhere began the game.

             It has been thirty minutes and no professor has called her out for running in the pathway which she takes as a win.

             "Wiz!" Hannah lightly hits Venus with a jolt of light (obviously non-lethal) and then runs off some place else. Venus groans in both exhaustion and defeat before turning back and putting on a thinking face on... who is to say only they can play? Her eyes fall to Luna Lovegood who is innocently walking around and she brightens up immediately. Venus runs toward the girl and points her wand so the same jolt of light can be sent, at the same time, she yelled out the word Hannah previously had done. Luna gasps in awe and surprise and simply stares at the Gryffindor in confusion.

             "Venus? Were the nargles chasing you?" Luna asks innocently. Venus slowly backs away with a huge grin on her face.

             "It's a game I've made up! It's called Wiztag and the purpose is that someone is it and they have to 'touch' another person which causes them to be it," Venus explains as best as she can. Luckily, Luna seems to have an understanding of it by the way a smile grows on her face. "Do like I did to you; by the way, you're it, and then explain the purpose until a bunch of us are playing!"

             Luna claps her hand excitedly and nods. "Alright!"

             And so the game continues till the point where many other students are taking part of it (this time some teachers definitely noticed). However, Venus notice that not one Slytherin joined in the fun which quickly makes her upset. They deserve to have fun as well! She slows down when realizing some younger Hufflepuff was trying to reach her and let the young boy run away despite the fact that she could have tagged him back. Instead, with the 'touch' being on her now, she keeps a look out for a Slytherin.

             She does not know what to call it when the first Slytherin she spots is Theodore Nott. Fate? Destiny? A miracle? Surely, her talking about him in the morning had not been a coincidence. Venus decides to worry about that later and grins widely when she points her wand at him and he turns when he notices the light. Nott stares at her suspiciously and his hand reaches to his pockets where she figures his wand is. Venus does not feel afraid knowing he is only being cautious that a Gryffindor is reaching out to him.

             "Wanna play Wiztag?" She offers kindly, raising up her wand curiously. Nott narrows his eyes and glances around as if he is expecting a group of bullies to suddenly hex him into oblivion. "Whoever is it has to tag another person either by hand or wand just like I did to you. It'll be fun!"

             Nott's eyes widen in surprise and it almost looks like he is about to join in. However, at the very last minute, a frown appears on his face. "I don't think other students will be ecstatic that I will have my wand pointed at them," he answers roughly, tilting his head up to appear uncaring and yet Venus can sense that is not something he does not care about.

             "Well... don't use your wand then! Look...I won't use mine either and we'll both be at a disadvantage," Venus thinks about it quickly, raising her eyebrow in excitement hoping that he will say yes. She puts her wand away on her robes and holds out her hand playfully. Nott stays quiet for a couple of seconds before nodding.

             "Let's hope I don't regret this," Nott sighs before gazing down at her hand and heading to touch it. Venus squeals in happiness and surprise before sprinting out of the way with the Slytherin on her trail. A few other students playing the game out of nowhere stop to either stare at the two in shock or preparing to hex the Slytherin. Noticing the tension arriving again, Venus dials down on her run and lets herself get touched on her back with Nott's hand.

             She slowly turns around to add the dramatics which causes Nott to stare at her wide-eyed as if he had done something wrong before Venus slowly lets her smile grow back and she warns him, "Run."

             "Merlin's pants," Nott curses a few more words before he runs the other way. At this notion, other students suddenly realize he is on the game as well and with Venus being it, they all begin heading elsewhere to not get tagged.

             Unfortunately, the game comes short to an end a few minutes after that and Venus is a bit disappointed that she was left with the touch. Seriously, she is the one who started the game and it stops with her. A few students seem a bit weary with her having it (alright so she bewitch the spell to obviously point out who is it if they are in the game so there would be no cheating), but she kept reassuring that with class on its way the game will be on pause. Maybe she should also put a warning on when it starts too, Venus realizes as she finds her way beside Nott she completely forgetting that he is the son of a Death Eater.

             "I'm the only Slytherin, aren't I?" Nott questions quietly, shifting uncomfortably with the looks he is receiving for even being next to a Gryffindor. Venus ignores them and nods at his question.

             "I'm hoping more will join, but that's their choice," Venus tells him disappointedly. Nott stares at her curiously and lets out an amused scoff.

             "You are an odd one, Thomas," he shakes his head and Venus mentally celebrates at the small reaction of his lip slightly twisting up in the side. Theodore Nott, you may just be the one to help me unite all the houses together, Venus thinks to herself while returning the grin.

             The two of them enter Professor Carrow's class and while Venus heads beside Lizette, Nott ends up heading beside Parkinson, Zabini, and Malfoy. Despite not being too close with them, Venus still hears the familiar voice of Pansy Parkinson asking him why he was with her.

             "She's alright," Venus heads Nott answer vaguely without more to say. She smiles with an accomplished expression until her eyes meet Lizette's.

             Oops again? Venus gives her an awkward smile. Even without her speaking, she can hear Lizette ask 'Really?' with that same motherly tone. Fortunately, but unfortunately, Professor Carrow walks in before her best friend can say anything about it. The whole class silences at once (some were talking about the game) at his arrival.

             The older man stares at the kids in disgust before clearing his throat (and in Venus's opinion it makes him sound like that bitch Umbridge). Venus forces herself to stay completely silent (she hopes biting her tongue helps) and not say something stupid like 'who got you in a bad mood today?' Lizette glares at her obviously keeping an eye out before turning her attention toward the man.

             "Welcome to the official Dark Arts class," Professor Carrow starts off, walking around the room with narrowed eyes. Especially right toward Venus as he glances down at her scarred hand that reads 'Fuck Death Eaters!' It is known to her that his sister must have told him about her. She keeps herself from shuddering under his cold stare. "We will be extremely practical in our hexes and curses as I feel it is the best way to learn."

             Did he just say practical in curses? Venus pales slightly and stays quiet.

             "I have given you time off since I had been away," Professor Carrow raises an eyebrow while staring at every one of them. "So today we will be learning how to petrify someone," he reveals darkly.

             Venus feels a lump in her throat and she is sure that is food wanting to come up and just throw up in front of the whole class. Luckily, she does not. Petrification? He wants the students to learn how to do advanced and actual Dark Magic? She just cannot believe it. This man wants them to learn how to petrify another student just like how their second-year at Hogwarts had gone. As she takes a look around the room, she notices that she is not the only person to notice and be alarmed by it.

             Even Neville is too stunned to speak up against it. Just as Venus is about to raise her hand and go off on that stupid Death Eater, she hears someone cough loudly from their spot. Venus turns slightly and notices Zabini covering his arm, his eyes staring right at her with a look of warning. Being too shocked to even continue what she is about to do, Venus widens her eyes and stays quiet.

             Theodore Nott and Blaise Zabini warming up to her by the day? Venus laughs inside and quietly shakes her head. Oh, the universe and their plan...

             Though, she also knows the two will not be quick to trust her. Venus does not bother thinking about that, however. One day she will gain it and hopefully they will have a change of heart when the actual time comes.

             For now, she just has to force herself to stay quiet for the remaining of the time and hopefully, they do not yet reach the part in actually cursing another student.

▂✫⌒*・゚

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
me adding every other hp mentioned in the books?
seems very likely and YES theo will definitely be
a part of the cast now because i love him <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 7.3K 30
This story follows Ivy Parkinson, the twin sister of Pansy Parkinson, and her journey through her seventh year at Hogwarts. She's lived her whole lif...
325K 6.4K 27
'𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩. 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙛𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨 𝙙𝙤 𝙄 𝙣𝙚𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙮𝙤𝙪?' 𝙝𝙚 𝙖𝙜𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙡...
368K 8.3K 40
From the good to the bad, everyone's favorite Slytherin princess, Rowan Bailey; seems like princess, isn't so innocent after all. + A book that takes...
35.6K 1.5K 18
Harry Potter is utterly broken. Every death pushes down on his shoulders so hard he can barely breath. Still, people worship him, he never gets into...