Friends||Outerbanks

By Shister_seavey

Friends just sleep in another bed and friends don't treat me like you do All credit goes to the writers and c... More

Introduction
Goldie's Playlist
Goldie
Pogues vs. Kooks
Satans asshole
I may or may not commit arson
Goldie's style
Death just grazed my ankle
JJ, why are you on top of my sister?
You're my Kryptonite
This is a family show
Don't ask me complicated questions
Let me sleep its been a long day
Chefs kiss
You committed arson without me?
I'm on a secret government mission
You're a shit liar
Is that a challenge or a promise?
Dreams can become reality
A/N
Then I realize friends don't sleep in the same bed
I'm filling your backpack with cockroaches

Is this how it feels to chew 5 gum?

2.8K 43 40
By Shister_seavey

"Goldie it's time to get up!" John B speaks. We were finally taking the drone out today. "I'm good" I yawn "Very tired. Have fun" I say sleepily.

"Come on goldie get up" JJ says "Shhh I'm sleeping" I mumble into my pillow "Do you want me to get the spray bottle?" John B threatens.

"Sure it's hot in here" I mumble I hear John B exit the room but JJ was still in here.

"Come on its time to get up" JJ says sitting on the edge of my bed "JJ please shut up I'm sleeping" I say.

The room goes quiet thinking I've finally gotten rid of them I relax and slowly start to fall asleep.

I feel someone grab my ankles.

"Ghosty? Yay you're back" I mumble I feel myself being yanked out of bed by my ankles.

"Oh fuck!" I scream not knowing who was doing this. I feel water being sprayed on my face while someone holds me up.

I hear John B and JJ laughing "Is this how it feels to chew 5 gum?" I question squinting my eyes to prevent water from getting in them.

I wipe the water out of my eyes "I despise both of you" I scold the two "Oh come on you love us" John B says doing finger guns at me.

"I'm gonna get you back. You won't know when or how but it will happen. Be afraid!" I say doing spooky fingers "What are you going to do?" JJ questions he's knows what I'm capable of so I have no idea why he's asking.

I raise my eyebrows looking at him and crossing my arms.

"I'm gonna regret asking aren't I?" JJ asks I smile innocently and nod "Now get out assholes I need to change"

****

"All right, JJ. Pin it here." John B directs JJ as I take a bite of my popsicle.

Everyone had a job but me because I was there to help who needed it.

I watch Kie slowly lower the tether into the water.

"Alright JJ, we're right over it. Ten seconds Northwest" Jb tells JJ.

I was starting to get bored of just sitting around so I pull my lighter out of my pocket and start playing with it.

"One hundred feet!" Kie yells Pope let's out a loud gasp and I run over to him.

"What! What! What!" I yell Pope lets out a sigh of relief. "It was nothing" Pope says "You can't do that to me man" JJ yells out to us.

"Dude you scared the shit out of me" I chuckle I walk back to where JJ was and starting playing with my lighter again.

"C'mere goldie" JJ says I walk over to him "What's up? Do you need my help? Did you break the boat or something?" I question.

"Help me drive the boat" he tells me "Ok but it's not my fault if we die" I tell him.

I stand in front of him.

"Put your hands like this" he tells me as he grabs my hands placing them correctly on the wheel of the boat.

His hands stay on top of mine as he rants about the boat and blah, blah, blah.

"JJ" I say interrupting him mid sentence "Hm?" "Shh" I say chuckling "Ok ok" we stood there in comfortable silence for a bit.

"Has anyone ever told you how pretty you are?" JJ blurts out of the blue I can feel heat rise to my cheeks. "I'm really not J, but thank you" I tell him with a slight chuckle.

"Seriously goldie! You are gorgeous. I see the way other guys look at you. Everyone knows how pretty you are" he tells me "Guys look at me like that because I'm a hoe. They aren't thinking oh my god she's so pretty they're thinking oh my god I fucked her like two weeks ago" I tell him.

One thing I will say about JJ as you have seen before but he didn't like when I called myself a hoe or a slut. None of the pogues did but at least I'm self aware.

"Marigold stop saying stuff like that. You shouldn't talk like that about yourself" he tells me I can feel his hands tense up above mine.

"JJ I-"

"JJ?" John B calls out to him "Yup?"

"Ten seconds easy" John B yells out to him. JJ quickly turns the boat.

I slip out of his grip because I'm becoming a distraction.

"South southeast" my brother adds "Copy that captain!" JJ calls out to John B and I chuckle.

"JJ, 20 seconds, mid-speed. Alright? South" jb directs "Copy that! Aye! Aye!" I stand behind JJ and reach up to start playing with his hair.

"Later" JJ tells me signaling that he wants me to stop I groan and walk back over to we're I was sitting before.

I look out of the window of the boat and see a storm coming our way. This can't be good.

"JJ keep going!" John B yells out making JJ press hard on the gears and thunder claps in the sky.

"John B is that good!" JJ screams over the wind "We're good!" John B calls out to him.

"Seven hundred feet!" Kie yells I inhale sharply as my body is banged against the wall because the waves picking up.

"Jesus fuck!" I groan.

"JJ hold it steady!" John B yells JJ does as told.

"JJ we're going to turtle in this storm!" John B yells at him. I focus on my breathing trying to calm my nerves.

"Crank it North East!" John B demands.

"You ok princess?" JJ asks me "Yeah I'm good" I tell him tapping my fingers against my thighs.

"Pope how we doing?" "Almost there" Pope yells "John B! There's too much current we're gonna lose it!" Kie yells trying to hold the tether steady.

"South, Southwest JJ! Hard!" John B calls out to JJ. JJ cranks the steering wheel hard. "Half speed JJ! Steady at this bearing JJ!"

"Steady here quarter speed alright?" John b continues directing JJ.

I get up and walk over to Pope.

"We should be seeing something man!" John B yells at Pope "I know! I know!" Pope says.

I put my hand on Pope's shoulder and peek over it looking at the camera.

"Oh good god" Pope says with his eyes widening "See anything!" JJ yells back to us.

"Oh my god it's the Royal Merchant!" I say happily "Holy shit it's the Royal merchant!" I cheer jumping around.

****
No matter how many times we went around the wreck with the drone no gold was found. Yet another disappointment because of my gullible older brother. Just when I was starting to believe I was let down.

We all get off the boat and I see Luke walking around.

"Hey Marigold" he calls out to me and I wave smiling. I start walking towards him "What are you doing?" John B asks "I'm just going to talk to the kid, Jesus" I say walking farther away from my friends and towards him.

"What's up?" I ask him smiling "So about that date I was wondering if tonight would be good?" He asks "Yeah I think I'm free tonight" I tell him smiling.

"Ok I'll pick you up at 7?" He asks "Let's just meet up at the beach I don't need John B interrogating me on why you are picking me up" I tell him smiling "Ok I'll see you tonight beautiful" he tells me I kiss his cheek then walk back over to my friends.

"What was that all about?" JJ huffs with his arms crossed I chuckle "Chill he was just making sure I could babysit for him tonight" I tell the group.

"But we had the summer movie series tonight" Kie says frowning "Oh shit I'm sorry" I face palm "But I need the money I promise I will go next year k?"I ask with a small smile.

"Alright fine but just this once" she tells me "Thank you Kie you're the best" I hug her smiling.

"Come on sis lets go home" John B says to me dragging me towards the HMS pogue. "Bye guys love you" I call out to our friends I heard a bunch of goodbyes and love you toos as we walk away.

"Dude stop manhandling me" I tell John b and I yank my wrist out of his grip. "Please tell me that you're not talking to Luke again" he tells me as he starts the boat.

"Don't worry I'm not he just needs me to watch his sister tonight. Even if I was why do you care so much?" I ask sitting on the bow of the boat "You're my little sister I have to protect you and guys like Luke." He pauses "Guys like Luke they're bad news. They lure you in with sweet talk then they fuck you and leave" he tells me.

"Oh that sounds like two boys I know and it's the two guys who think that they own me you and JJ" I tell him while scolding him. "We don't think that we own you. We just know what guys our age are like and we know what they want we want to keep you safe Goldie" he tells me.

"That's such a fucking double standard. How times have you and J brought a girl to the house after a party but at the same exact party you stop me from going home with a guy? I'm done with your bullshit! I understand that you're my big brother but I'm not a baby anymore! I'm not your little bitch ok?! You can't just order me around all the time. I should be able to learn from my mistakes on my own without you having a say in it!" I yell at him.

Right now I would normally go into my room and slam my door shut but we are in the middle of the water on our way home.

"I'm sorry for trying to protect you from shit heads that just want to use you! You know what? Go get pregnant! Go get a fucking STD! I don't fucking care anymore ok?! I'm trying to help you but you obviously are not going to listen to a word I have to say! So go do whatever you want and see where that shit takes you because I guarantee it won't be far!" He yells back.

"You realize that everyone on the island has been calling me names right? Everyone already knows! I've been doing whatever the hell I want since dad died and it's gotten me this far!" I yell now I just wanted to push him off the boat of leave his ass.

"He's not dead!" John B yells "Oh my god John B get a fucking clue! He's dead! The odds of him being alive after being lost at sea for NINE FUCKING MONTHS is slim to none! We both know it just accept it! He's not coming back no matter how much we want him to he's never coming back!" I scream at the top of my lungs. We are at the dock.

"Get off the damn boat and don't talk to me" he spat out "That's fine with me dick face!" I yell as I hope off the boat and storm into the chateau.

As soon as I open the door I see Cheryl our social worker sitting on the couch "Fucking great" I mumble.

"Hey guys" she says to us "You know Cheryl. It's kind of a bad time for a check in" John B says as he walks into the kitchen and I angrily sit at the dining room table.

"Yeah not the best time considering I want to murder the person in the kitchen" I tell her with a fake smile then I roll my eyes.

John B sits right next to me obviously I piss me off.

"Not a check in. We're here to take you" she speaks and I scoff.

"Today really" John B asks irritated "Yeah we've been having a bad day maybe come back tomorrow or never" I suggest.

"Just a few weeks until your guy's hearing" she tells us and I roll my eyes. I want to punch her in the face.

"Even though I despise my brother at the moment, I know what's gonna happen if you put us in foster care. We are going to get separated and that can't happen it just can't" I tell her crossing my arms.

"This is deputy Thomas" she tells us we peak behind us and see a big headed officer who gave off the same vibes as Gary.

"He works with juveniles for the sheriff's department" she adds John B and I stand up backing away from the officer a bit.

I give him the middle finger he doesn't scare me but he definitely could crush my skull with his bicep alone. He rolls his eyes.

"Look I know uncle T is down in Mississippi working at a casino. He hasn't been here in months" she tells us "Months? What are you taking about?" I chuckle giving her an innocent look.

"What?" John B questions he grabs my hand to run out with me but Toby or whatever the hell his name is runs in front of us blocking us.

"Suck my dick" I spat out at at the officer "No see that's my nightmare right there" John B speaks letting go of my hand.

"Look I- I- I want emancipation" he adds "Yes it's legal here" I tell her even though she obviously knows that.

"Emancipation from who? There's nobody here but you two?" Cheryl cocks an eyebrow.

"Uh- asylum then" John b nods "On what grounds?" She questions "On solid grounds. On holy grounds" John B pleads "There's a Harry Styles poster in my room aka making this holy grounds" I tell her smiling cheekily.

"Look I feel really prosecuted right now by you and" John B turns to look at Thomas "Especially mr big head over" he says.

"Yeah I don't like him either I feel like he will crush my skull with his bicep" I say then I latch onto John B's arm.

"What are you lookin at bro? What're you gonna do tase me?" John B questions the officer. I raise my hand "Um please don't tase me big head I've been tased before and it wasn't fun" I say with a small smile.

John B grabs my hand and pulls me so we can run away but yet again big head stops us.

"John! Marigold!" The social worker yells at us he tries to pull me away again "Oh you wanna dance huh?" Thomas chuckle John B throws Cheerios in his face.

Thomas gets John B in a head lock and he lets go of my hand. I knew I could get away but no matter how mad I am at John B I refuse to ever leave him behind.

"Cheryl get your dog off of my brother!" I raise my voice at her. "Enough!" She yells "Relax John" she tells my brother.

"Let's go get your stuff" she says to us.

Thomas follows me to my room and Cheryl follows John B to his.

"You know I really don't like you and if you think I can fit all of my shit into this bag you're wrong. We better be coming back to get my cds and my posters" I scold him as I pack my bag with some clothes, toiletries, my hair brush,my phone, charger and earbuds.

"Let's go" Cheryl says as she takes John B and I to the car.

I sit next to John B in the back of the sheriff car as he looks at a picture of our dad.

"Look John B I'm sorry about what I said earlier about dad but everything else still stands" I tell him "You're fine and I'm sorry too" he mumbles.

As John B continues examining the picture of our dad it flies out of him open window.

"No!" I scream that was the last picture we had of him "No, no, no! stop stop please stop" John B begs looking out the window "Please stop that's the last picture of our dad!" I plead "come on Cheryl just stop the car!" John B begs.

"Please that's all we have left!" I say.

"Pull over" Cheryl tells Thomas "Pull over?" He questions "Just pull over" she sighs and he pulls the car over "Thank you" John B says.

Thomas gets out but doesn't even look for it properly.

John B gives me a look and I nod knowing his plan.

"Cheryl can I help him look? Please?" John B questions "He's got it" Cheryl tells us.

"Look at this idiot. He's not looking in the right place." John B tells Cheryl "It's gonna get trashed Cheryl please. It's out final keepsake of dad. Are you really gonna let that happen?" John B adds.

After a bit more begging she complies "Make it quick" she says and unlocks the back door.

"Yes ma'am" he says and we both unbuckle our belts.

"Thanks Cheryl" I salute her and we both get out of the car and start running.

"Later Thomas!" John B calls out as we run j to the middle of the road nearly getting hit. We hop over a fence to a cemetery and bolt through it.

We skid through the entrance of the cemetery continuing to run.

"Hey go to the wreck I'll keep them off your trail!" John B yells at me as we run "Ok I love you don't get hurt doofus" I yell to him and I start running in a different direction than him "I love you too but no promises!" He calls out after me.

I start my run in the direction of the wreck.

It was a bit of a run but once I get there I hurt through the entrance heaving for air.

"Oh my god Goldie you ok?" Kie questions me walking away from the counter she was wiping "Yeah I ugh I've never ran so fast or so far ever in my life" I tell her.

"I need to sit down" I heave out.

I sit down at the bar and Kie gets me a glass of water.

"Dude what happened you're all gross and sweaty" she says to me "John B and I got into this fight on our way home from mission epic fail. Then as soon as we get there we see Cheryl our social worker then she was like 'We are gonna snatch you away today' then John B and I are all like 'Nuh uh no way Jose' so after fighting with her and the officer that has a huge head we finally pack our shit and get in the sheriffs car." I spill out I take a sip of my water.

"Then John B's last picture of our date just flys out of the window and we convinced Cheryl to let us get the picture so we both got out and we bolted. He told me to come here and that he would chase off the cops" I told her still trying to catch my breath from running and talking really fast.

"Can I please stay with you tonight? I can't go back to the chateau because there will be cops waiting for John B and I" I tell her "Sure! I know my parents definitely won't mind. Let's get you back to my house now just in case dcs comes looking here" she tells me and I nod.

Kiara's mom let us take her car since they still had her dads car to drive her parents home.

We get to her house and I drop my bag on her bed.

"What time do you have to be at Luke's house to babysit?" She asks me "Oh I'm not actually babysitting. He asked me on a date" I tell her "Dude why didn't you tell me?" She asks flopping down next to me on the bed.

"I thought you would be mad. Plus the boys would've tied me up to make sure I couldn't go" I shrug "No I'm wouldn't have been mad I would be more mad if you ditched us to babysit" she says and I chuckle.

"Where are you guys going on the date?"she questions "I have no idea. I'm meeting him at the beach at 7 though" I say.

"Ok it's a quarter to six right now let's start getting you ready" she says I chuckle "Why?" I ask "It's your first date ever we have to make you look good!" She tells me and I laugh.

"Bitch I already look good" I say flipping my hair "Yeah yeah I know"

A/N: Ok sorry this chapter was so long but I hope you enjoyed! Definitely one of my favorite chapters!

Ok so question time!!

What do you think about John B being so protective over Goldie? It is too much or do you think it's justified?

Lmk I would love to hear your thoughts!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317K 5.4K 17
β–Œ π˜–π˜œπ˜›π˜Œπ˜™π˜‰π˜ˆπ˜•π˜’π˜š ❝ π‰πŽπ‡π 𝐁 ! 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 πŒπ€π 𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 π‹πŽπŽπŠπˆππ† π…πŽπ‘ ! ❞ β€· 𝘫𝘢𝘭𝘺 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺 𝘡𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘡𝘺 β€· 𝘴𝘦�...
13.3K 228 23
Baby, I know any storm we're facing Will blow right over while we stay put The house don't fall when the bones are good
132K 1.7K 17
I have one secret. Nobody knows who my dad is. I guess that's one rule broken because Pogues don't lie to Pogues and I'm a Pogue. At least, I'm half...
57.2K 944 40
At seventeen, Emerson Slaney thought she had everything she wanted with her life in Outer Banks, North Carolina. That is until she finds out a secret...