Chefs kiss

"And done" Kiara says as she finishes curling my hair. Neither Kiara nor I were any sense of girlie but we both knew how to do hair and makeup. Her more than me because she was a kook and had the money to afford that stuff.

"Ok outfit time" she tells me walking over to her closet "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" I ask a bit offended and looking down at my black Rolling Stones crop top and shorts.

"Nothing it's just not something you should wear on a first date" she tells me I chuckle.

I reach into my backpack to see if I could find anything date worthy.

I pull out a crochet eggshell colored halter tank top.

"What about this?" I ask "That's perfect! Go put it on!" She exclaims pushing me into the bathroom.

I stumble in and change into the top.

I come back out and she smiles "Mwah chefs kiss" she says kissing her finger tips. "Chefs kiss indeed" I say looking in the mirror that's propped up against her wall.

"Ok it's 6:50 let's get you to the beach. The boneyard right?" She questions "Yup" I smile at her. "Let's go" she says smiling.

Kie drives me to the beach and she waits with me for Luke to get here.

"There he is. Go get em tiger" she tells me pushing my shoulder "Tell the guys I love them I'll see you tonight" I smile at her. I kiss her cheek and I exit the car walking into the beach to meet up with Luke.

"Woah you look amazing" he says smiling and taking in the sight of me. "I know" I say flipping my hair then we both laugh.

"You ready to go?" He questions "Yup" I say popping the 'p'.

"So when I was thinking about the date I was like oh we can go to that summer movie thing. Then I remembered going last year and how lame it was so I decided we can just go to a restaurant if that's ok with you" he says as he starts the car. "Yeah of course" I smile at him.

We drive for a bit then we arrive at a restaurant in figure eight.

"Let's go beautiful" he says opening the car door for me I giggle at him actions. "Ah what a gentlemen" I say as I step out.

I grab his hand and we walk in together.

"Reservations for Luke Smith" he tells the hostess. "Yes I have you right here let me show you to your table" She says smiling.

This restaurant is definitely not somewhere I would be able to go normally.

I got some weird looks as we got walked to our table by some people who were dressed really fancy and some older people.

"Here is your table can I start you off with something to drink?" She questions "Um I'll just have a water" I say smiling "Sure hun sparkling or tap?" She questions.

What the hell is sparkling water?

"Um tap please" I ask kindly "Ok and for you young man?" She asks "Can I have a bottle of red wine bring out two glasses please?" He asks  "Of course I'll be right back with your drinks" she smiles then walks off.

"Get whatever you want Marigold it's on me" he says smiling "No I can't let you do that. This place is ridiculously expensive" I tell him.

"Don't worry beautiful I've got it covered. I asked you on the date I should pay" he tells me "Um ok are you sure?" I ask and he nods.

I hate when people spend money on me. It makes me feel guilty and kind of like they are only doing it because I don't have that much.

"Wait a second you're only 18 how the hell can you get a whole ass bottle of wine?" I questions he chuckles "The owner is good friends with my parents I come here all the time with them so they let some rules slide for me" he tells me I chuckle. Kooks really could get everything they want.

I look through the menu and decide to get the chicken parmesan.

We order our food once the waitress comes out with our drinks.

"So what's been going on with you lately? I've heard some things" he tells me "What things? And from who?" I question.

"Well I was golfing with Rafe and Topper yesterday and we got on the subject of relationships. Then Topper started talking about Sarah and how they were doing. I brought up you and I told him that we were going on a date soon. They got all tense and were like 'Oh yeah that Marigold Routledge is bad news' ya da ya da. And I heard from a certain someone that you were in some trouble with dcs" he tells me and I sigh.

"First of all never listen to Rafe or Topper everything that comes out of either of their mouth is absolute shit" I tell him and he laughs "That's the truth" he says smiling and taking a sip of his wine.

"And I may or may not be in trouble with dcs but I don't really want to talk about that right now. If that's ok?" I say giving a small smile "Yeah that's completely fine. I totally respect that" he tells me and I smile.

"So how have you been lately what's the tea in your life?" I ask taking a sip of my wine.

"Nothing really just the typical stuff. My dad is trying to get me to take over the business once I'm done with college" he says "Oh shit I totally forgot you're going into college. Which one are you going to?" I ask spinning my straw around my water cup.

"University of North Carolina" he tells me "That's amazing I'm so proud of you!" I say happily reaching over the table to take his hands.

"Thank you! That's really means a lot" he says smiling at me. Luke's parents have always been hard on him about college and just school in general they didn't want him 'tarnishing the family name' by having bad grades. God forbid he got a C on a geometry hell would come to earth.

"Here's your food" the waitress says "Thank you so much" I say happily.

I shove some of my food in my mouth "Oh my god I'm starving" I say with a mouthful the. I realize that some people were staring at me.

I swallow my food then wipe my mouth "sorry" I mumble "Don't worry it's cute" Luke says with a smile and I chuckle.

We finish our meal and he drives me back to Kiara's house.

He walks me up to the steps "I had a lot of fun tonight" I tell him smiling "I did too thank you for letting me take you out. Maybe we could do it again sometime" he says returning the smile.

"Yeah maybe" I say our faces get closer and closer. Luke's face turns into JJ's. My eyes widen and I pull him in for a hug.

I let go of the hug "I'll see you later" I smile at him "Uh bud" I say and I lightly punch his shoulder.

I unlock Kiara's front door and go inside.

I walk into her room and flop onto her bed.

What the hell just happened? I went on a date with Luke. I said yes to Luke but the second I go to kiss him I see JJ's face.

Maybe I didn't just have a mini crush on JJ that would last a week or so. Maybe I had a real crush on JJ. Maybe I had real feelings for my best friend.

A/N: Hey guys so idk how but as I was writing this Chapter I realized I accidentally named Luke ya know Luke somehow completely forgetting that Luke is the name of JJ's dad. I'm
not the smartest lol so sorry about that. If I talk abt JJ's dad I will either say JJ's dad or Mr.Maybank

Question of the chapter

What do you want to see in this story like maybe certain things happening between certain characters??

Make sure to leave your suggestions Love y'all <3