THE BODYGUARD | JAEYONG NCT

By starhoneyy

Lee Taeyong's reckless actions had gotten him in trouble with his father one too many times, and the older ma... More

Intro
Chapter 1: Introductions
2: Coffee Date Ideas
3: Stop Following Me Around
4: Plans Into Action
5: Let's Not Talk About It
6: Tutoring
7: Fall Asleep With Me
8: Figuring Things Out
9: Day Out
10: Beach Escapades
11: Aftermath
12: Cake
13: It's Raining
14: Carnival Confessions
15: Rejection Hurts
16: Let's Give Us A Try
17: A Little Bit Of Romance
18: Is It Just Me Or Does It Feel Hot?
19: Your Actions Have Consequences
20: Old Habits Die Hard
21: Ball Beginnings
22: Fades To Black
23: Unfamiliar Surroundings
24: Save Me
26: Goodbye
27: The One That Got Away
28: Drunken Explanations
29: Break Ups, Make Ups; In The End, It's Always You
30: Epilogue
Complete: Author's Note
New fics!

25: Hospitals Smell Like Hand Sanitiser

2.4K 160 161
By starhoneyy

Taeyong didn't know how long he slept again after that, but when he woke up, things seemed to have a lot more colour and were a whole lot noisier. The loudest sound made him wince more than his incoming headache did.

"You're awake again," Doyoung said, his tensed shoulders slumping in relief.

Taeyong opened his mouth to speak, but it was stale and acrid, so he shut it again. Doyoung watched him apprehensively as Taeyong used his elbow to prop himself up. He put a hand to his head and breathed out as he sat up, the sudden movements making him dizzy.

"You were out for two days." Doyoung handed him some water in a plastic cup. Taeyong's lips tugged into a small smile as he sipped on the water, the cup malleable under his fingers. It was odd, in a way, to see Doyoung so caring. If he could call it that anyways.

"Your death would've been on my conscience. If you died, I would've had to deal with everyone asking me about it," Doyoung pinched the bridge of his nose, "I've had enough of a headache from you already."

Perhaps caring wasn't the right word. Doyoung didn't mean it, but it was easier to keep acting mean than suddenly starting to act nice. Taeyong's glanced over at Doyoung and despite his harsh words, his eyes had softened considerably.

"Sorry for nearly dying on you," Taeyong croaked sarcastically, placing the cup on his bedside table. He looked around the hospital, unsure of why exactly he was here, an asthma attack probably, but why? The last thing he remembered was Doyoung chasing him then... then it was all hazy. He felt like he was missing a big chunk.

"What happened?" Taeyong mumbled more to himself than anything but Doyoung reacted with wide eyes. "Why were you chasing me?"

He turned to Doyoung and looked at him with furrowed brows.

"Was it because you got rejected?" Taeyong added with a wry laugh.

The reminder was a slap in the face for Doyoung, and he picked up his surprised expression to pinch his nose.

"I wasn't angry at you," Doyoung sighed in exasperation, "I was trying to warn you."

"Warn-"

Suddenly, a migraine hit him like a ton of bricks and Taeyong clutched at his head with a wince, the memories of what had just happened resurfacing. Ten, Johnny, Mr Park.
That bastard old man had tried to kill him and for what? Some godforsaken presidential seat? All in the name of goddamn politics?

The absurdity of it all made that rage, that bone crushing, toe curling rage return and Taeyong gripped at his sheets. Doyoung eyed Taeyong's white knuckles and bit the inside of his cheek, there was no witty or snarky remark that could lighten the mood in that moment so he decided to keep quiet.

And worst of all, the thing that had really topped if all off was Jaehyun. Jaehyun of all people. Taeyong shut his eyes, he still couldn't believe it. Jaehyun had betrayed him, not just with one or two silly white lies, this was enough to break them up forever if it came down to it. Jaehyun had used him for his own personal gain, he had worked with his bastard of a kidnapper.

And in spite of all that, a large part of him still craved Jaehyun. Still craved for his touch, his words, those delicate kisses he used to place at his jugular, and Taeyong hated himself for it. Hated that despite all that happened, he still yearned for him like nothing else he'd ever wanted in his life.

His mind went back to his last moments with the man, Jaehyun's saddened and pleading expression ingrained into his mind. The familiar sound of a bullet still echoed in his ears and that smell of burnt cigarettes and smoke wore away at his lungs. He opened his eyes. Fire, something about a fire.

"Doyoung," Taeyong suddenly gripped his hand tightly, "where's Johnny?"

Doyoung didn't meet his eyes and that familiar feeling of panic rose in Taeyong once again and he wondered for a fleeting moment if it'd ever truly go away. Taeyong squeezed his hand tighter, silently begging for an answer.

"I heard a gunshot, and there was smoke and then Jaehyun mentioned Johnny and-" he trailed off with a stutter.

Doyoung chewed on his bottom lip, still not meeting his eyes. The truth would surely set him off but a lie could only keep him placated for so long, plus there was no guarantee Taeyong would believe him. He decided to go with the truth, he was never good at lying anyways.

"Johnny," he looked up at Taeyong carefully to gauge his reaction so far. Taeyong's grip on his hand turned deathly and he leaned forward, anxiety clawing at his body. "Johnny got caught in the fire."

Taeyong's face paled, his breath hitched, and his chest panged with physical pain.

No, not Johnny, not him.

"He's not dead!" Doyoung said quickly with the raise of a hand, seeing how Taeyong looked like he would collapse at any second. "He's not dead," he pressed on, "just... his arm got burnt... badly, but he's alive. He's... sleeping right now."

Taeyong felt his eyes burn and he tasted the salt that could only belong to tears before he even felt them. He didn't know whether he was crying from fear or relief but he let the tears flow regardless. Johnny was alive, that was a good thing. Probably the only good thing.

"I need to see him." Taeyong tried to get up, frantically needing to reached the door and make sure his best friend was alive. He tugged at the wires that were connected to his hand, and Doyoung held his arm strongly.

"No," Doyoung said firmly. "You're on bedrest."

Taeyong struggled in his grip, fire blazing in his eyes but the look in Doyoung's told him somehow he was even more determined than he was. Doyoung tightened the grip on his arm and Taeyong hissed in ire. Doyoung wasn't letting up any time soon, so after a stare down and much, much reluction, Taeyong sat down on his bed again.

His mind was spinning. He needed someone to shift his anger and hurt on, somebody to point a finger at and blame. His mind turned to one man.

"I need to speak to Jaehyun now."

"He was here actually." Doyoung scratched his neck, loosening his grip on Taeyong, whose lips thinned out.

"He was here yesterday too. He left not too long ago when he saw you stirring."

"Well, call him back!" Taeyong glowered. "You have his number." Taeyong looked away and crossed his arms, suddenly feeling bitter.

Doyoung raised a brow. "I don't think he'll be coming back."

Taeyong turned back to him sharply.

"I don't think he'll be coming back today, but he'll come. I didn't let him leave until he promised he'd come."

Taeyong's shoulders relaxed a little and he slumped back unto the bed. Silence overcame them as his mind drifted towards Mr Park, his father - only God knew where his father was - and Jaehyun. As much as he wanted to slap him, hit him, scream at him till his throat was raw, an equal part of him wanted to run into his arms and kiss him senseless. His wound his eyes shut to will away those thoughts.

"I've had Jaehyun's number for awhile you know," Doyoung abruptly broke the silence. It wasn't necessarily tense or awkward, in fact it was actually comfortable, but Doyoung felt like he should know this.

"Remember that day I came over for our failed presentation?" Doyoung said with a laugh but it was semi humourless.

Taeyong thought back to the time with him, Jaehyun, and Doyoung in his room. He thought about how he saw them talking together afterwards at the front door and the jealousy he had tried so hard to deny.

"Yeah," Teayong replied half heartedly. "Yeah, I remember."

Doyoung sighed. "That day.. when I was coming out of your room, I saw Mr Park and your maid. Yeri? Is that her name?"

"Well whoever she was," he raised a hand dismissively, "she was talking to Mr Park. Handing him something from her tray I think. Something small? I couldn't really get a good look at it."

Taeyong nodded on the bed, letting the information sink in. He knew Yeri was working for Mr Park but the fact that it went under all of their noses for so long was still hard to grasp.

"I told your bodyguard that day and we exchanged numbers. The interaction seemed small but it kept nagging at me and wouldn't leave me alone. That was the last time I thought about it for awhile until... I overhead Mr Park and some men talk about you at the ball. Well not directly about you, but it was pretty obvious, so then I tried to follow you, but you kept running-"

Taeyong laughed wryly and Doyoung smacked his arm.

"And you wouldn't stop." He sighed again. "Then I saw those men go into the toilet, so I hid. I'm a coward, I know, but I watched it all happen and then..." he trailed off.

He didn't need to continue. Taeyong knew what came next. He called Jaehyun and Johnny, and the rest was history. Very recent, painful history.

They fell into another suffocating silence, Taeyong brewing over his thoughts, brewing over how he felt and how he was supposed to feel. It was all a bit much. Doyoung didn't pry, he reserved himself to getting up and leaning on the window. The silence stretched for what felt like hours.

Then there was a knock on the door.
"Taeyong?"

Both of their heads snapped towards the door.

"I'm Jackson from the local police department, can I have a word?" A man with blue uniform stepped in, flashing his badge and an award winning smile.

Taeyong looked away to the window, he was tired of men in uniform, badges, suits, the lot of it. He kept his distaste to himself though and simply nodded his head.

The officer sat down on Doyoung's chair and the interrogation was over as quick as it was began. Taeyong grew exhausted at each question and his answers became more and more offhandish. He didn't even bother looking at the police officer the whole time. When the man finally got the hint, he left with the tip of his hat and a promise he'd be back another time. Taeyong wished he could put that on hold forever.

Doyoung's phone interrupted the stark silence and with an apologetic smile, he left the room. Taeyong was left alone with his thoughts again, thoughts venturing to things he had missed the whole time. Things that had slipped right under his nose in the guise of Jaehyun's honey sweet words.

And If Jaehyun did promise to visit him in the hospital like Doyoung had reassured him, he didn't ever come back after that day and Taeyong didn't call.

___
The title doesn't tie in with this chapter but it was kinda funny, in a not funny at all way. Also, what's a good fanfic without Jackson Wang?

Can anyone guess how many chapters we have till this is complete? Hint: Obviously under 10

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 1.4K 22
Haechan gets paired up for a project with a girl he doesn't like and who doesn't like him. They meet up for their assignment in a bar and since neith...
101K 2.4K 31
[WARNING : NSFW CONTENT] "His lips were on you, all over you, his arms grasping onto you like you were slipping away from him, he was sucking the lif...
315K 10.1K 55
- they say that trust is easier to break, but harder to fix. now, with certain someones in their way, can haejin and jaemin continue their story? » M...
17.3K 1.1K 48
After the death of an ex and a dear friend Johnny is told he was the father of a 5 year old girl. He's given custody of the girl and, with the help o...