Little Snips

By Leyscha

Children do not belong on a warship. But things tend to be different than one thought. So it may come, that f... More

Part one
Part two
Part three
Part four
Part six
Part seven
Page eight
Part nine
Part ten
Part eleven
Part twelve
Part thirteen
Page fourteen
Part fifteen
Part sixteen
Part seventeen
Part eighteen
Part nineteen
Part twenty
Part twentyone
Page twentytwo
Page twentythree

Part five

4.9K 149 85
By Leyscha

They did leave the planet the next day. Ahsoka was silently asleep.

She seemed to be really exhausted from her first day of life.

The clones, were going through their helmet cameras and searched for pictures of the day, they could keep as a memory.

They had a bunch of them, and no one doubted, that at least at her first birthday they would have at least two boxes filled with data-sticks of memory's.

"She is so cuuuuuuuute." Fives squeaked over the picture of her in her 'baby-bed' just woken up, and really confused by the ten clones standing around her.

"I'm going to put this one on the wall!" Echo said, showing them one, mid-battle where she had her arms raised in joy, while Anakin cut droids down.

"Where do you plan to get a Holo projector for that?" Hardcase replied, as an distraction to copy the picture.

"I'm not planning to. I know a shop on Coruscant, where they sell it printed out on paper."

Jesse looked over. "What by Jango Fett is Paper?"

Rex, who wasn't searching for pictures, since Ahsoka had his helmet, answered: "it's some kind of older Flimsiplast. It's made of wood, just really really thin."

A shared noise of understanding went through the room.

"That really still exists?" Kix didn't seem to believe that.

Echo nodded. "It's cheaper then Flimsiplast, that's why I prefer it."

They all nodded and went back to searching for pictures.

Yes, Ahsoka was already a part of the 501.

Even though she had no idea.

She was sleeping tightly, her tiny fist wrapped around the edge of Rex helmet.

The recording of her mother singing the lullaby played in an endless circle, making Anakin, who was watching over her, nearly fall asleep as well.

He wasn't about to put out the recording though, since he was too afraid of startling the kid.

After all, to do so, he would have to take the helmet out of her hand.

Anakin had his own Komlink in his hand, waiting for his wife to call him back.

He had to tell her about the addition to the family.

Well and ask her for help.

He was already half-asleep when she finally did.

"Hey Ani" she greeted him, with a warm smile, when he answered the call.

"Hey Love" he replied, mirroring her smile. "How are you."

"Fine. Just sat through a way to long senate meeting about wether we do what is right or are stupid assholes."

Anakin grinned. "Since when are you using swear words."

Padmè obviously let herself fall on the couch and sighed.

"I told you. Way to long senate meeting."

"And? Did they decide right."

Padmè jumped up again. "No! They don't! They decided they're going to leave Shili all alone, just because they're neutral. The Togrutans need help to rebuilt everything! It is our war which destroyed they're home! Our fault the separatists send bounty hunters they're! " she sighed again, letting herself fall onto the couch once more.

"Please tell me you have better news?"

"Well I was sent to Shili to fight those exact bounty hunters."

That made Padmés expression light up. "And?" she asked.

"When we got there the few spaceports and the citys were almost destroyed. They started to set fires in the smaller villages, when we caught them. A few of them escaped and took hostages."

Padmè sighed, and the light faded from her expression. "I asked for food news Ani." she mumbled.

The Jedi-knight rubbed his neck.

"Well the tribes, that had kept on living in the woods are okay. The bounty hunters could hardly find them, and if they did they ended up with an arrow in the throat."

That seemed to relief the senator. "That's good" she mumbled. "The most of Shili's population lives in the tribes."

Anakin nodded. "Sad thing. We couldn't find them to offer our help to protect them."

Padmé burst out laughing.

"Ani if not even bounty hunters could find them, what makes you think you could?"

The Jedi shrugged.

"Maybe because I'm on their side?"

That made Padmé laugh even harder.

"Ani, when the planet was discovered, they needed five years to figure out that there are living tribes."

Now Anakin joined her in laughter.

"Well then. I guess Togrutas are the hide and seek champions of the Galaxy."

Padmé kept on giggling about that and Anakin smirked.

He loved the laughter of his wife.

He never had heard a more beautiful sound in the world.

Well apart from her voice maybe.

Especially when she said 'I love you'.

As Padmé calmed down again her expression got serious again.

"Ani, do you think the Togrutans will be all right?" she asked.

Anakin looked down. "Honestly?" he replied. "Judging by what a politician would judge by, yes they will be fine. The tribes are save, they can take care of them self's, and nothing will change for them. So most of the population is okay. Judging by my point of view. No City is left standing. Almost all villages are destroyed. Those people will die. They'll starve to death and if they don't, the droids will do it. Dooku send some together with the bounty hunters. He'll sent more. He may not be able to touch the tribes, but all the others." he sighed silently, thinking about all this scared faces he had seen.

There was a reason why he didn't want to leave Ahsoka there.

"The people from the villages may have a chance. The ones who escaped managed to fight themselves through in the forest for some time. The people from the city? No way."

He stroked the cheek of sleeping Ahsoka.

"We hoped at first the tribes might take them, but we couldn't find the tribes and the other people said they won't anyway. The tribes to only trust they're own people. Born somewhere else, or left and you are not allowed to even come near."

Padmé seemed really sad now. Quickly this Sadness changed into determination. "I will discuss this with the senate again. We have to help those people!"

Anakin nodded.

"As we are speaking of these people. Remember the hostages I told you about."

Padmé looked up. "Please tell me you were able to save them!" she pleaded, worry in her face.

The young Jedi shook his head. "No. We were to late. We only could save one."

The senators face fell.

"Well the one is what I wanted to talk about with you"

"You want me to get her into the refugee program? I could directly..."

She was interrupted by her husband.

"No, Padmé, that's not it. I don't need you to get her into a refugee program, I need you to tell me how to raise a kid." he turned around the Holokomlink, so that Padmé could see the sleeping baby.

The recording was to quiet for the transmitter.

Surprise spread over the senators face.

Anakin turned her back. "Her mother was shot by a blaster bolt. Hardly survived long enough to give birth. The little one is one day old now, her name is Ahsoka."

His wife seemed really sad now, yet her expression was so soft and her brown eyes so warm.

"Poor thing" she mumbled.

"The boys and I are taking care of her now. We promised her mother. Obi-Wan is not really fond of that idea, but we're not giving her away. Under no circumstances."

Padmé smiled. She smiled so light and soft, that it warmed Anakins heart.

"Of course you wouldn't" she answered, before her smile turned into a smirk.

"But you do remember that you spent most of the time on a warship, don't you?"

Anankin smiled as well. "Yes. I do. But she's save with us. We all will protect her. And you should have seen her when the battle droids attacked. Never imagined a baby laughing in the middle of a battle."

Padmés smirk converted back into the warm smile of before.

"So, a little warrior then"

Her husband nodded. "She even pointed at a tank I've overseen. Accident or not, that saved my life."

Now the senators smile grew even wider.

"So? Then she definitely should stay with you. Maybe you'll even be a little more responsible then."

She made a gesture as if she would touch his cheek.

"Of course I'm helping you take care of her. Just come home safely okay? Both of you."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 82 5
Being adopted by the order at a young age, Y/n Valkiln showed much potential in the force and so was made a padawan. Through the years, the council...
156K 3.8K 52
A storyline if Anakin left the Jedi Temple with Ahsoka rather than remaining there. Prepare for a different way Anakin looks at the Jedi, the Sith, a...
10.9K 317 46
This is a sequel to Hilarious Texts and Tales of The Clone Wars, but featuring characters from all across the galaxy! Get ready for hilarious, adorab...
8K 318 43
"𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚒𝚝 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎, 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚘𝚘" "𝚆𝚑𝚢? 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜 𝚒𝚝 𝚜𝚊𝚢?" 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚊𝚗 𝚝𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊 𝚍𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚋𝚛𝚎�...