Wild Desire(The beauty & the...

By 22_MonAmour

Christine thought everything in her life was already in place. She's happy with everything that she achieved... More

A/N-SYNOPSIS
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
Epilogue

chapter 36

13.7K 852 170
By 22_MonAmour

A/N: Hi guys! Sorry again for the late update. I just want to say that if I didn't announce that I wouldn't update for the day, it means that I will update. I've been so busy lately that's why I couldn't update early. It's past 8 pm here again. What is the time there in your country right now? I hope that you're still awake to read this update. Anyway, happy reading!

🗽©️💞ⓙ 🗽

JACE's POV

I looked outside through the window of my car, but my mind was wandering somewhere else. I'm already on my way home. One of my men picked me up from the airport and would drop me off home.

I gritted my teeth. My conversation with my mother kept on repeating inside my head. Until now, I still couldn't believe of everything that she told me. Her voice kept on echoing inside my head while telling me the truth...

I was stunned of what she said that I couldn't react right away.

"Are you serious, mom? I thought you didn't have any communication with him ever since he left us many years ago?" I then asked in disbelief. She heaved a sigh. She suddenly looked like she aged a couple years in an instant.

"I lied about that, son." Even her voice sounded weak. My eyes went wide.

"What do you mean by you lied, mom?" She looked at me into the eyes and then smiled bitterly.

"Your dad didn't leave us because of another woman. In fact, he didn't want to leave us. I was the one who decided to leave him for good because I couldn't take what he was doing anymore." My lips parted in shock.

All my life, I've harbored resentment towards my own father because of the thought that he left us for another woman. I've witnessed how my own mother cry because of him. I really thought he chose to be with another woman instead of us, his own family.

"What made you leave him then and why did you lie to me?" I asked with an almost inaudible voice. The anger that was residing inside my heart suddenly resurfaced but this time, it wasn't as strong as it used to be and that surprised me.

"I lied to you because that was the only way I knew for you to not ask questions about him anymore. I thought if I'd do that, you would never allow him to be part of your life and could never influence you to be like him." I was shock. She sounded like she knew the truth about my own father after all.

"Influence of what?" I questioned, feigning ignorance.

"Influence to be like him who is a leader of an underground group." I felt like my whole body stiffen.

All this time, I really thought that she wasn't aware about that. I didn't tell her about it because I thought, it wasn't good for her state of mind. Yes, when I was still young, I wasn't aware of what he does but when I was in freshman of high school, he suddenly appeared and tried to convince me to go with him because apparently I was his only heir.

Naturally, I declined and the anger and resentment in my heart towards him became even more stronger. I already detested him that time because I thought, he left us but that feeling doubled when he told me that.

Even though I resented him back then, there was still a tinge of hope inside of me that he would eventually change his mind and come back to us. But yes, he indeed came back but not for the reason I was expecting back then.

Because of that, I chose to join the ET VINDEX to help erase all the bad people in this world. I didn't want to be like him. I tried my best to forget about the fact that my own father was one of those bad guys that I hunt after but now, that fact slapped me in the face again.

No matter what I did to help eradicate bad guys, that would never erase the fact that I'm a son of one of them.

"You look like you weren't surprised. Don't tell me..." I chuckled bitterly. So bitter that I almost tasted that bitterness inside my mouth.

"Yes, mom. I knew about what he does since I was a freshman in high school. I didn't tell you about it because he never came back after that. According to him, he came to me because I had an obligation to his organization. Apparently, I was his only heir so I had to go with him in order for him to train me." She gasped in shock and her eyes watered.

"So, you knew all these years." She took a deep breath before continuing. "I thought, I've spared you from any pain of knowing that your father is far from being a good man. I didn't want you to know about it because it might affect you as you grow up." She chuckled bitterly. "But you already knew without my knowledge."

I didn't know what to say. No one spoke for about a minute between us before I finally spoke.

"I think, I saw him during our mission earlier today, mom." She looked up at me in surprise. She knew about my job as a secret agent but I didn't tell her the name of our organization and what we really do.

"W-What? You saw him again after all these years?" I nodded my head.

"I couldn't be wrong. I'm sure that he was there but when we attacked their hideout, he was nowhere to be found together with Doctor Baron and JC." Upon uttering my son's name, pain surged within me.

The longing and sadness that I've been feeling since the day I thought he died faded when I discovered that he's still alive. But now, those feelings were replaced by pain and guilt because I couldn't save him once again. I felt so useless because I saved the other children but not my own son. I felt like punching myself over and over again.

I heard my mother gasp upon hearing my son's name.

"J-JC? You mean..."

A small smile appeared on my face. "Yes, mom. I just found out today that our beloved JC is actually alive. I don't know how it happened but I'm very thankful right now that he's alive."

"Oh, God!" She covered her mouth with her hands in obvious shock and happiness. "JC is alive? I can't believe it! Oh, thank God!" She exclaimed full of happiness as tears of joy fell from her eyes. My eyes watered as well. Until now, I still couldn't believe the good news but my happiness wouldn't be complete until I finally get him back from those fùckers.

"I was so happy too when I first learned about it but furious at the same time. I couldn't believe these people took him away from us and let us believe that he already died." My voice faltered upon uttering the last word. I looked up in order to prevent my tears from falling.

"What do you mean by what you said a while ago? Don't tell me your father has got to do with those people? He was at their hideout so he's surely involve with them." Anger was evident on her face. I clenched my jaw.

"I don't know, mom. All I know right now is he's the one who helped the enemies escape. He has JC too."

"What?! How could he do this to us?! He knew that JC was alive all along?!" Her voice was loud because of anger.

"I'm not sure about that, mom. All I want right now is to have JC back no matter what happens and I need your help for that to happen." Her eyebrows knitted together.

"Sure. How can I help you?" I didn't answer for a couple of seconds, trying to think of how to ask her in away that she wouldn't decline.

"I need to find where he's hiding, mom."

"Him? Who?" We stared into each other for a couple of seconds. "Don't tell me you're planning to see your father." She then added. It was a statement not a question.

"Yes, mom. Now that I've discovered that you still have a communication with him, please help me. I want to end all these once and for all so that we can finally see my son." I said with pleading eyes. She looked stunned. Then her eyes evaded my gaze.

I could see the sudden worry on her face. My lips parted when I realized something. She's worried about my father. Just when I thought that she already forgot about him. I really thought that she resented him too but judging from that look on her face, she hasn't total forgotten about him.

"Mom, please. Tell me where he's hiding right now." I took her hand and then stared at her beggingly. She squeezed her eyes shut before drawing a deep breath.

"What would you do if you saw him and discovered that he has JC?" I gritted my teeth.

"You don't have to ask, mom. I will take back JC from him by hook or by crook. I don't care if he's my father. If he really is involved with the AHG, then he has to pay his sins behind bars." She slowly nodded her head before holding my gaze.

"I don't know where he is right now, but for my son grandson, I will help you find him. Just promise me one thing. Don't hurt your father. If he really did commit any crime, then put him behind bars. Don't put the justice in your hands. Please, son. I don't want you to kill your own father because you will surely regret that for the rest of your life. I don't want you to carry that guilt forever." I chuckled bitterly.

"Are you really worried about me, mom or of him?"

"Of course, I'm worried about you! What kind of question is that?" I released a breath.

"Well, I believe that you're worried about me, but I know that it's not just all about me. You still love dad even though you're mad at him. I can see it in your eyes." I uttered certainly and she went silent. I chuckled humorlessly.

"Don't worry, mom. I won't hold it against you if you still love him. I won't promise not to hurt him in any way if he would surrender without fighting us, but I will make sure to put him behind bars. That's all I can say for now." She nodded her head.

"Thank you, son." I enveloped her into my arms and then kissed her forehead. At least, she's wiling to help me even though she was so worried about me and my father...

"Boss, we're here." I was pulled out of my reverie when I heard that. I looked around and realized that we were already in front of my house. Pete, one of my men, even opened the door for me already. I sighed before getting out of the car.

"Tell our men to prepare because any day from now on, we will have a big mission." I instructed him and he nodded his head.

"Copy, boss." He answered before he got onto the driver's seat and the drove off.

I then strode my way towards the door. I was about to ring the doorbell but I suddenly hesitated. For some reason, I felt like I didn't have the courage to face my wife because I messed up big time. I groaned inwardly as I raked my fingers through my hair in frustration of myself.

I promised her that I would do everything to find JC and take him back home to us but now, I came home empty handed. I wanted to shout in so much frustration and anger. I felt so powerless because I felt like my efforts weren't enough.

Calm down, Jace. She will surely understand for sure. Trust your wife. I released a harsh breath and was about to press the doorbell button when the door suddenly opened from the inside and the face of my beautiful wife came into view.

"Mi amor..." It was all that came out of my lips.

"I saw you through the CCTV camera. What happened? You look like you're bothered about something." She asked with a formal voice. I swallowed hard. Looked like she wasn't in the mood. Pregnancy hormones must be kicking in once again.

I smiled and then cupped her face with my hands. "I'm home, mi amor. Just seeing your lovely face made me feel a lot better." I then planted a soft kiss on her lips before kneeling on my knee to kiss her tummy.

I heard her sigh. "Come on in. You look like a mess. You should freshen up first before we eat our dinner." Her voice mellowed and I sighed in relief. I did as I was told and entered the house with her.

While I was in the bathroom taking a bath, Christine was just waiting for me in our room. She looked like she had a lot of things to ask me judging by the way she looked at me a while ago.

When I finally finished showering, I went out of the bathroom and went to the walk-in closet to get something to wear. When I finished getting dressed, I went out of the walk-in closet and saw her sitting on the edge of the bed, wearing a serious face. I heaved a sigh and then sat next to her.

"What's with the serious face? You're scaring me, mi amor." I joked, trying to lighten up the mood. She looked at me wearily.

"Jace, stop trying to be a joker in attempt to appear like everything is fine. I know that something happened so spill it out now. I want to know about it." I could hint the worry in her eyes. The smile of on my face disappeared before I chuckled mirthlessly.

"I really can't hide anything from you."

"I'm glad you finally know that now." She even sneered. I took her hands and then kissed it before beginning to tell her everything.

"Mi amor, listen to me carefully." I began and the worry in her face doubled. I groaned inwardly. How can I tell her about what happened with that look on her face? The heavy feeling inside my chest kept on getting heavier knowing that she would surely cry.

"Jace, tell me already! You're killing me! Did something happen to the kids? What about Neo? P-Please, don't tell me that-"

"Neo is our son." I interrupted her quickly with new found courage and her eyes went wide as her lips parted in evident shock.

"N-Neo? What are you saying? H-How?"

"One of my friends in ET VINDEX confirmed it while I was in the middle of our mission." My eyes brimmed with tears as I recalled how I first met our son at the party. The way he talked impressed me because he sounded so mature already even though he was still so young. He got that trait from his mother.

"Before Jinn, my friend, told me about Neo; I met him earlier that night. I caught him stealing food at the kitchen. We had a little conversation and he even mistook me for being a thief." A smile broke across my face while recalling that fond moment.

"I was so shocked when I first saw him because I felt like I was staring at my younger self. He looks a lot like me, mi amor. He's such a handsome boy." I raised my hand and touched her cheek.

Her eyes were already brimming with tears as well. "My heartbeat became weird upon gazing at him the first time. I suspected right away that he was JC but I didn't have any proof aside from what my heart was telling me and our obvious resemblance. I was in the middle of a very important mission as well so I had to leave him there for the meantime to do my responsibilities." The tears on Christine' eyes fell.

"W-Where is our son, Jace? How come you didn't bring him home? Where is he?! I want to see him now! Let's go see him!" Her voice was slightly shaking and she looked hysterical already. She was shaking my shoulders while saying those words as her tears continued falling.

Seeing her tears like that added to the pain in my heart. This is what I feared to happen that's why I was having a second thought if I would inform her what happened or not yet. I already expected for this to happen and I was afraid that her pregnancy could get affected by her uncontrolled emotions.

"Mi amor, calm down. Please, stop crying." I tried to comfort her by pulling her into my arms but she swatted my hands away when I tried to hold her.

"Where is our son, Jace? Tell me!" She yelled and then sobbed loudly. Even though she was already hysterical and didn't want me to touch her, I still gathered her into my arms for a tight hug. My tears continuously fell as well.

"I'm sorry for failing you, mi amor. I couldn't get our son back. When my suspicion was confirmed, it was already too late. They already took him away. Those fùckers escaped and they took JC with them." My voice cracked when her sob became louder.

"I want to see our son, Jace! Please, bring him home! Please, bring him home!" I looked up, trying to prevent my tears from falling but they persistently fell. Hearing my wife's pleas and sobs of sorrow felt like my heart was being pierced over and over again.

She kept on telling me to bring her to where JC is right now, but I couldn't do anything but to calm her down by comforting her. I consoled her in my arms until her sobs softened. I pulled away from her a little to stare into her eyes.

I groaned inwardly when I saw that her eyes were already puffy and reddish because of continuous crying.

"I will bring JC back home to us, mi amor. I promise you that." I said and then caressed her face lovingly. She bit her lower lip and then whimpered.

"But he's with those bad guys, Jace. What if-"

"Shhh. Don't be too negative. JC will come back home to us safe and sound. I will make sure of that." I interrupted her by putting a finger on her lips.

"How can you be so sure? I'm scared, Jace. Just thinking that our son is with those bad guys is making my body shiver with fear. How could they do this to us? They took our son from us for what? They're very cruel." Her voice cracked again.

"Shhh. I told you, mi amor. Just trust me. I promised you, did I? Don't you have trust in me?" Our eyes locked for a couple of seconds before she finally shook her head.

"N-No. I trust you."

"Then, that's enough. You don't have to worry about anything because I will do anything to get him back. JC belongs here with us because we are his parents. He'll be home soon, I promise you that." I enveloped her into my arms once again and then kissed her forehead. We stayed in that position until she finally calmed down.

"Are you feeling fine now? Please, don't worry too much. Remember that you're pregnant." I gently said and she pulled away from my embrace. This time, a small smile was on her face but there was such longingness for our son in those tantalizing blue eyes of hers.

"I can't believe that JC is really alive, mi amor. I met him a couple of times already and now, I finally understand why my heart was beating weirdly everytime I saw him. I saw JC in him even the first time I laid my eyes on him, but I didn't want to jump into conclusions because of lack of proof. Now, were not just assuming things anymore because we're certain now that our son is alive; that Neo is our JC."

"I had the same feeling when I met him, mi amor. I guess, our hearts can really recognize our loved ones even though our eyes can't recognize them. The love of parents for their child is really magical."

"You're right. I'm sure JC felt the same when he met me because he smiled at me. If I only knew back then that he was JC...Oh, God! I can't believe that I let him go away just like that." Her voice was full of regret.

"Don't blame yourself. I have the same feeling but let's not dwell on our regrets. We didn't know that he was JC when we met him. The only thing that we could do now is to do anything to find him. Let's be positive like we've been doing these past few days. Don't worry because I won't stop until I find him. We'll be a complete family soon. I promise you that." She nodded her head and then hugged me back.

🗽©️💞ⓙ 🗽

What do you think of this chapter?

Do you think that Jace's father really took JC?

Do you think Jace's father is one of the bosses of AHG?

Do you believe that Jace could eventually save JC?

Who felt the pain of Jace and Christine in this chapter?

COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE & FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 90.1K 43
Marco Pearce has only one person that he cherishes the most and that's his twin brother, Marcus. They both grew up in an orphanage. Because of that...
1.3M 41.1K 39
18+ "BABY GIRL I'M NOT SURE I CAN GO ANY FURTHER WITHOUT FUCKING YOU SO HARD THAT YOU'LL SCREAM MY NAME" I feel heat run down to my core. Fuck i want...
1.2M 40.1K 39
She was a beauty to behold. Never stepping out of house, her grandparents provided everything after her tragic past. But what if her past is catching...
2.5M 97.3K 35
WARNING!!! MATURE content for 18 years old and above!!! If you're an INNOCENT or NOT AN OPEN-MINDED reader, please refrain from reading this story! P...