It happened over whiskey

By harshitabajaj_239

Love happens in the most unexpected situation with the most unexpected person. No one can agree to this more... More

|CAST|
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 3

480 22 2
By harshitabajaj_239

Ryan’s POV :

It was 2:00 in the morning and there was still no sign of Khloe being present at home. I tried calling her a million times but it was sending me straight away to voicemail.

I called Lucas and he informed me that Khloe gave him a day-off once they reached her office in the morning. I even called at her office just to find out from her receptionist that she left two hours back.

At this statement, worry took the best of me. I remembered what happened a few days back and it shook me from my very core.

I internally hoped that she was fine. I was pacing back and forth in my room, checking my phone every now and then in a desperate attempt to see her name pop up on the screen.

I wanted to call her mother to ask her if she came there to visit her but I decided against it. I was in no mood to hear her mother giving me lectures regarding how irresponsible I can be and how bad a decision it was to get her daughter married to me.

I was done waiting for her to return on her own. I took the car keys and left my house to search for my darling wife who is no less than a kid on her own.

I checked all the places where her meetings are usually held but there was no sight of her. I called all her friends on my way to her designer’s home as I thought that maybe she would be there to fix some last minute outfit details.

Just when I was about to take a right turn, I flashed her shiny white car parked on the opposite side of the road. I looked around to find a bar just at the corner of the street.

I stopped the ignition and got out from my car hurriedly. I jogged to the other side of the road and almost frantically opened the metal door of the bar to be greeted with loud thumping music and the smell of cheap beer.

I scrunched my nose and passed through the sweaty bodies making my way around. I then finally caught sight of her sitting in the corner of the room with a beer bottle in her hand.

She was laughing with her head tilting back and I saw her wiping a tear from the corner of her eye. I had never seen Khloe so happy, atleast not in the last one year.

It definitely must be something funny that made her clutch her stomach every now and then. She was wearing a scarf that covered her head and her eyes were hidden behind those Gucci sunglasses.

She was talking to someone whom I couldn’t figure out as his back was facing me. I went towards them and stood in front of Khloe with my arms crossed over my chest.

I then looked at the man with whom she was talking to and the sight caused me to tighten my knuckles. It was Charlie Holmes the son of Mr. Steve who had just passed his business to his heir.

He was definitely a newbie in the business line but he was doing a fantastic job, better than his father I must say. The Holmes were my business rival from a very long time as we have always looked forward to sealing the same deals with foreign clients and so the competition has been intense.

On seeing me Charlie got up from his seat and engulfed me in a hug. I hugged him awkwardly as it was definitely strange for me to receive such kindness from him.

He was good with business no doubt but that didn’t make him a better person at heart. He was a man who didn’t know what kindness was.

He has fired his employees even for the slightest of mistakes and I have always despised him for that. “Hey Ryan. Long time no see!”, he said while patting me on the arm.

“Busy with work, that’s it”, I said while passing him the fakest smile I could muster. I always found it quite useless to pretend to like a person when you really hate them and the only interest you have in them is to see them getting destroyed.

“I met your beautiful wife Khloe right outside her office when she was returning home. I asked her if she wanted to catch up with some drinks and being a sweetheart she is, she didn’t decline my offer. I hope you don’t mind”, he said while taking Khloe’s hand in his and kissing her on the top while she blushed looking at him. I looked at Khloe passing her a glare before shoving my hands in my pocket to stop myself from punching that son of a bitch straight in his face.

“I am sorry to disturb your time with her but I am afraid she should return home with me right now. After having a tiring day at the office all I want to do is spend some time with her. So I’ll take my lady home now”, I said with a smirk on my face. Khloe got up from the chair and just when she was about to hug Charlie a goodbye, I held her arm stopping her in her place.

I could sense her glaring at me even when I was unable to see her eyes hidden behind those glasses. Charlie looked at the small staring session between Khloe and I and honestly I was too tired to even pretend that everything was fine.

Before Charlie could say something else I pulled her arm and let us both outside that small dainty bar. I was in no mood to attract any more attention towards the trifle between us and so I chose to keep quiet till we reach home.

She was moving towards her car and at this I said, “Come with me. I will have your car picked by one of the servants.” She looked at me once before she resumed walking towards her car.

I sighed in annoyance and started walking with her. As soon as I held the passenger door’s handle she looked at me and said, “What are you doing?”

I shrugged at her and said, “You want to go in your car and I want to go with you. So that’s what I am doing.” She narrowed her eyes at me and shook her head before getting in the car.

The ride to home was silent. But it was that silence that prevails before the storm.

As soon as we both walked inside the house, she turned back to face me and crossed her arms waiting for me to react. “What?”, I said while pouring myself a glass of water from the jug that was placed on the dining table.

“Don’t pretend as if you don’t know what I am talking about”, she answered, her eyes still darted on me. “Don’t you dare blame me for this. You are the one who is returning home so late, you are the one who sent Lucas home even when I am paying him to not leave you alone even for a second, you are the one who has switched off her phone and last but not the least you are the one who was sitting in some cheap little stupid roadside bar to have a chat with Charlie. Like seriously Khloe? Didn’t you find anyone else to have a chat other than my biggest rival that too at 12:00 in the morning?”, I said while shooting daggers at her.

She shifted in her place uncomfortably probably looking for a suitable comeback to prove me wrong. She then pointed her finger towards me and said, “I have a life of my own Ryan. I am not your pet and I don’t know when will you understand this. And as far as Charlie is concerned, he is a nice person. Just because he is your rival and that things are cold between you'll, that doesn’t deprive me of the right to have him as a friend.”

I laughed hysterically at her own words and this made her more angry as I could see her nostrils flaring. I then stopped and sat on one of the chairs after turning it towards her and said, “Oh so now Charlie is your friend huh? Even after knowing the guy’s reputation you still call him a friend? Remind me why am I so surprised at this statement? Weren’t you the one who once told me what a man whore he was to have slept with almost all the girls and ladies in New York? Or has his charm made you blind of the fact, my Barbie girl?”

She came storming towards me and said, anger boiling in her viens, “You are such a goner Ryan. It seems that all the office work has made you go bonkers to even understand a simple thing that I am repeating as if it’s a goddamn prayer. I don’t want your stupid bodyguard and I am no property of yours that you keep telling me what to do. Infact why was I even surprised when I saw you in that bar today! How long have you been keeping an eye on me? What about that oath that you took on our wedding day saying that you can trust me with your life if the day comes? Was it just to show the people gathered there that how Khloe Parker got a perfect husband?” I had enough of her nuisance every damn time.

I got up from the chair and held her wrist scooting her closer to me, “We both made vows Khloe and I don’t think I need to remind you that. And I can’t trust you if you have made it a constant habit to disappoint me every damn time.” With that I left the house.

As I sat in the driver’s seat of the car, all I could think of was getting to the bar and drowning all the events of today with a glass of whiskey. It was almost 4:00 in the morning by the time I reached the bar.

I was seriously thankful for this bar to even exist. I stopped in front of the entrance and after giving the keys to the valet I made my way inside.

Even at 4:00 in the morning it was buzzing with people. I walked towards the counter and sat on a stool.

I looked around to see some familiar faces of whom I assumed were the daily customers. How magical it is to gulp some alcohol and free yourself from all your worries!

The world that you wanted to crush at some point then seems like a fairy tale to you. I believe that the hardest of conversations should be done over a glass of alcohol to avoid any unnecessary drama.

Just then I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard a voice that was directed towards me. “The regular?”, it said.

I looked towards the counter to see a familiar face. She passed me a big smile that reached her eyes and I just nodded in response.

I was busy trying to remember her name. Just then she looked at me again and I was met by those beautiful, clear amber eyes of her.

“Amber”, I said loudly when it striked my head.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello peeps! I am back with another update💃Which is your favourite character in this book now when you have read considerably enough to know them for what they are? Mine is Ethan definitely. I adore his bubbly nature and the way he just has a vibe that can make people relaxed in his presence. And have you seen how much he loves Amber? I honestly think that every girl deserves a bestfriend like him😻Okay! Enough with the talks. My next update will be on Monday. Do vote for my story and also share it with your friends and family. Bye🌹

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 7.8K 36
"Be mine, Hailey." He breathed against her neck, loving how she smelled like honey. She always smelled so damn good and it drove him crazy. He just...
775K 29.3K 42
Everywhere becomes silent as every single pair of eyes turn to us and although I'm used to attention, it's never been in this type of situation and I...
586K 20.6K 41
Dana Mendes is an 18 year old student at the California College for Music where she majors in vocal music. She swore she'd be the best singer in her...
5.3K 355 24
"Nia." Her name softly fell from his lips and she soaked in his sweet breath like a pancake to syrup. Her eyes were low and she was watching his ches...