Ghost of You - Anakin Skywalk...

By anakin-stop-panakin

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering." Highest rankings: #1 anakinskywalker #... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Epilogue
Thank You / Sequel Announcement

Chapter 33

13.1K 338 367
By anakin-stop-panakin

To say the last few months of the war have been tough would be an understatement. Things just keep on happening with no sign of easing. 

Anakin nearly died after we crash landed in Maridun,

Ahsoka and I nearly died at the hands of the lethal blue shadow virus,

And we all nearly died after an outbreak of brain-invading Geonosian worms.

Not to mention, Anakin, Obi Wan, and I were captured alongside Dooku by the infamous Hondo Ohnaka.

Basically, there have been a lot of traumatic experiences  as of late.

Today we have been assigned a very different style of mission. There will be no battle to run or Separatists to oppose . Instead, we have been tasked to protect a very important political figure.

Duchess Satine Kryze of Mandalore.

Obi Wan has been posted on Mandalore for a few days now while protecting the Duchess from a terrorist group known as Death Watch. The mission turned out to be a lot more serious than previously anticipated.

Duchess Satine now wishes to travel to Coruscant to meet with the Senate and discuss her involvement in the war. Anakin and I have just arrived on Mandalore along with Captain Rex, Commander Cody, and other members of the 501st and 212th. It is our duty to ensure the Duchess is safely escorted to Coruscant.

I step out of the ship and take a moment to admire Mandalore. It is my first time on the planet and will most likely be my last. It doesn't have the liveliness of Coruscant nor the tranquility of Naboo. It's something different altogether. I'm not sure if this difference is a positive thing. 

"You coming?" Anakin says.

I turn around to be greeted by the charming smile of my husband. 

"Of course." I reply, returning his smile.

We lead our few troopers toward the ship that will be taking us all to Coruscant. Obi Wan comes into view just up ahead. It appears he is in an argument with a well-presented woman. I assume this is Satine. She storms away before we reach them and makes her way into the ship we will be taking to Coruscant.

"Reporting for escort duty, General Kenobi." I say.

"Oh, Anakin, (y/n). Am I glad to see you both." Obi Wan replies.

He seems exhausted. Not just physically, but mentally. Whatever happened on this mission must have been intense for Obi Wan to feel the impact so heavily.

"You sound tired." Anakin comments. A hint of worry lingers in his confident voice.

"The peaceful ways of the locals wore me out a bit." Obi Wan explains.

He walks off after Satine into the ship. Anakin and I look to each other and shrug. He clearly does not wish to discuss what is on his mind.

Anakin and I trail behind Obi Wan as we approach the ship.

"Something tells me Obi Wan has some personal feelings toward this mission." I mutter to Anakin.

"You think?" He says condescendingly.

We make eye contact and laugh. I'm glad we're on the same page here.

We continue to follow Obi Wan through the ship until we reach one of the less classy areas. We give our troops a quick pep talk regarding their roles during this mission. They need to be fully aware of the possibilities and be prepared for anything. We send most of the squad to scan the ship and ensure it is secure.

At the conclusion of our briefing, Obi Wan receives a transmission on behalf of the Duchess requesting our presence. We, along with Captain Rex and Commander Cody, step into the nearby lift. For a split second, Obi Wan's face looks almost as terrified as Anakin's all those years ago in the courtyard of the Jedi Temple when he realised I was much stronger than he anticipated. 

The Satine situation is working him up quite a bit.

"I sense some anxiety from you about the Duchess." Anakin bluntly prods for information when the elevator door closes.

I give him a look as if to say "really?". I am also curious about Obi Wan's feelings toward the Duchess, but we could at least be a little more subtle when trying to get the information out of him. 

"He knows Duchess Satine couldn't be in safer hands, Anakin." I reply, trying to cover up Anakin's nosiness.

"Yes, I do know." Obi Wan mutters.

"Then why–" Anakin starts.

"Nevermind. It's all in the past." Obi Wan's voice trails off.

The past? 

"Oh, so you have a history with the duchess?" I query, blatantly disregarding my previous attitude regarding invasion of one's privacy.

"I knew her." Obi Wan defends. "A long time ago."

Neither Anakin or I can resist the knowing smiles that form on our lips. Were he and the duchess in love? 

When the lift door opens, Obi Wan storms out before us. We dismiss Rex and Cody and follow Obi Wan at a safe distance. It's probably best to give him a bit of space right now. I don't think I've ever seen him so on edge.

As we draw nearer to the highly anticipated encounter with Satine, I can feel utter joy radiating from Anakin.

"You're enjoying this." I state.

"Oh I am." He chuckles. "It's not often that someone other than myself can make Obi Wan so stressed."

I roll my eyes at my husband.

"You know you're enjoying it too." Anakin smirks.

I don't say anything, but my inability to resist a mischievous smile proves Anakin's point. In moments like these, he would typically pull me into a kiss. Unfortunately, that's not something we can do right now.

As we approach a doorway at the end of the corridor, a polished female voice becomes audible. From the way Obi Wan's posture tenses ahead of us, I know the voice belongs to none other than Duchess Satine. The guards surrounding the entrance to the room let us in as she expresses her views to the Senators.

"And yet some might argue that the strongest defence is a swift and decisive offence." Obi Wan announces as he walks toward her.

To say Satine looks unimpressed would be an understatement. She almost looks resentful. Deciding we would rather not be in Satine's firing line, Anakin and I stay safely by the door.

"You are quite the general now aren't you, Master Kenobi." She sneers.

"Forgive me for interrupting, Your Highness. I meant no disrespect." Obi Wan explains apologetically.

"Really?" She questions. "Senators, I presume you are acquainted with the collection of half-truths and hyperbole known as Obi Wan Kenobi."

I have to bite my lip to avoid bursting out in laughter. I shift my gaze to Anakin, whose reaction was much the same as mine. He is living for this moment. If I looked into his mind, I know I would see all of the remarks he is conjuring up to use against Obi Wan later on.

"Your Highness is too kind." Obi Wan sighs.

"You're right. I am." She replies.

Eager to avert the focus away from their issues, Obi Wan gestures toward Anakin and I.

"Allow me to introduce my fellow Jedi, Anakin Skywalker and (y/n) (y/l/n)."

"At your service, My Lady." I bow respectfully.

Anakin does not say anything but bows alongside me. 

"I remember a time when Jedi were not General but peacekeepers." Satine says,

I do too. That was a much simpler time. No bloodshed, no pain, no loss. A time when we did not need to fear for the safety of those we love.

"We are protectors, Your Highness. Yours at the moment." Anakin defends. "We fight for peace." 

"What an amusing contradiction." Satine adds.

"What Master Skywalker means is that we are acting at the behest of Your Highness to protect you from the Death Watch and the Separatists who don't share your neutral point of view." Obi Wan says protectively.

"I asked for no such thing." Satine contradicts.

I'm sure Duchess Satine would be far less difficult under different circumstances. Her past with Obi Wan is making her far too frustrated to appreciate anything. 

"That may be so, but a majority of your court did." Obi Wan adds.

"I do not remember you as one to hide behind excuses." Satine retaliates.

"I do not remember you as one to shrink from responsibilities." Obi Wan adds angrily.

I look to Anakin to see his face is painted with amusement. As the reigning champion of causing Obi Wan grief, he finds it extremely entertaining to see someone else getting under his skin. Whilst it is enjoyable, I am starting to feel a little embarrassed for Obi Wan.

"I am certain we all agree Duchess Satine and General Kenobi have proven there are two sides to every dilemma." A Senator speaks up whose name I do not yet know. "Now, in regard to the Senate vote, we think–"

"I think a multitude makes discord, not good counsel." Satine argues.

"Right again, My Lady." The same Senator says.

In the midst of this arguing, Anakin somehow found two drinks. He hands me one which I gladly accept. This is going to be a long mission, and alcohol may turn out to be my strongest ally in remaining sane.

"A Republic military presence is the only sure defence against the Separatists." Obi Wan attempts to reason with the Duchess.

"Even extremists can be reasoned with." Satine argues.

"Perhaps, if one can be heard over the clanking of their battle droids." Obi Wan raises his voice.

I look to Anakin and raise an eyebrow. He shrugs, also having no idea why these two seem to have such an issue with each other. I go to interrupt their bickering, but Anakin puts his arm out to stop me.

He's relishing in this. I know Anakin is going to use this moment against Obi Wan until the day he dies.

"Ah, the sarcasm of a soldier." Satine muses.

"The delusion of a dreamer." Obi Wan snaps.

Okay, now this is just becoming uncomfortable. 

"Duchess, Master Jedi, it's been a long trip. I think we could all use a little rest and refreshment." Another man speaks up.

I don't think I have ever been more grateful for anything in my life.

"Hear hear." The same Senator from earlier says "Now let us put politics aside until after dinner."

"Fine!" Obi Wan and Satine say simultaneously.

Satine barges past Obi Wan and walks out of her quarters. Obi Wan stops for a moment before also leaving the room along with the Senators.

It takes me a moment to completely comprehend what just played out before my very eyes. Obi Wan, the wise and calm Jedi Master, and Duchess Satine, the peaceful pacifist, were ruthlessly arguing with one another. And over what? I'm struggling to see how this all started in the first place.

"They're in love." I say to Anakin through the force.

I couldn't say this aloud for I would be risking far too much for both Obi Wan and the Duchess.

"Oh for sure." Anakin replies.

We place our empty glasses down on a nearby table before hurrying to catch up to Obi Wan. Both of us are eager to learn more about why he is so emotional toward this drama with Satine. When we finally manage to reach him, I stand to the right of him and Anakin to the left.

"So," I start.

"You and Satine have a history." Anakin continues.

Obi Wan stops briefly and sighs before continuing on his way. He knows there is no way for him to talk his way out of this one.

"It was an extended mission when I was younger. Master Qui-Gon and I spent a year on Mandalore protecting the duchess from insurgents who had threatened her world." Obi Wan explains.

He halts his storytelling as we pile into a lift. Anakin and I stand behind while Obi Wan stares at the closed door before us.

"They sent bounty hunters after us. We were always on the run, living hand-to-mouth, never sure what the next day would bring." He continues.

"Sounds romantic." Anakin remarks.

I elbow his arm to shut him up.

"Um, ow!" He cries.

Obi Wan turns and shoots us both a warning glare. Having his former Padawan and I question him about his past would not be fun. I guess in a way I am Obi Wan's "adopted" Padawan. I come to him for advice more often than Master Ti these days. We've been through a lot together, and he seems to understand me more because of that.

We step out of the lift.

"A civil war killed most of Satine's people hence her aversion to violence. When she returned, she took on the difficult task of rebuilding her world alone." Obi Wan surprises us by choosing to continue his story.

"I take it you didn't stay to help her?" I ask, possibly crossing some boundaries.

"That would have been problematic." Obi Wan sighs.

We walk through a door into Obi Wan's quarters. He takes a seat on the chair inside while Anakin and I lean against the wall. It occurs to me that we are both standing the exact same way. I don't know whether I should find this cute or unsettling.

"My duty as a Jedi demanded I be elsewhere." Obi Wan continues.

"Demanded? But it's obvious you had feelings for her. Surely that would affect your decision." Anakin says.

"Anakin." I gasp.

I know Anakin's words were fuelled by his love for me. If he were in that position and had the choice to either remain a Jedi  or be with me on another planet, he would gladly choose the latter. Being a Jedi means everything to him, but our love means more.

"It's alright (y/n)." Obi Wan says "And it did affect my decision, Anakin. But I live by the Jedi Code."

"Of course." Anakin says bluntly, his feelings toward the said code showing.

"As Master Yoda says "a Jedi must not form attachments." That's one of the core values of the order." Obi Wan states. "Unfortunately, what he usually leaves out is the undercurrent of remorse."

It may just be my paranoia, but I swear his eyes linger on each of us, as if urging for us to listen to what he is saying. Love and being a Jedi are two opposing forces. 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

He opens his mouth to answer but is cut off by his beeping comlink.

"Yes, Captain?" He says.

"General, something's wrong with Skywalker's astromech. Scared him real good, sir. I've also lost contact with two of my men." The stern voice of Captain Rex says.

"I'm on my way down to assist you." Obi Wan states.

If something's on this ship, we need to find it before it can get to Satine. I know Obi Wan is willing to examine the threat, but that would not be smart. Depending on how strong his feelings are, that could almost be as dangerous as sending Anakin on a mission where my life hangs in the balance. Rash decisions would be made, leading to avoidable mistakes.

"I'll go, Master." Anakin offers, seemingly sharing my disapproval of allowing Obi Wan to go.

"I'm going with you." I say, walking toward the door.

"No." Anakin says abruptly. "If there's something dangerous down there, the clones and I can handle it."

I look to Obi Wan who has an eyebrow raised. I believe he may be as curious about us as we are about he and Satine.

"I wasn't asking." I announce, proceeding to walk past him and into the corridors of the ship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.3K 1.2K 14
π™Žπ™ƒπ™€ π˜½π™€π™‡π™Šπ™‰π™‚π™Ž π™π™Š 𝙏𝙃𝙀 π™Žπ™π˜Όπ™π™Ž | ❛ his thoughts are very loud ❜ in which they know it can't ever happen (again) [obi-wan kenobi x oc] [...
1.8K 55 12
An ordinary battle in the Clone Wars becomes complicated when, out of nowhere, a group of Sith appear from an alternate reality. The Sith want only o...
25.1K 1.1K 49
"I don't believe in trust." Impressive ranks #1 in Mandalorian #1 in Empirestrikesback #1 in Hansolo #1 in Jedimaster #15 in Sith #1 in Lukeskywalke...
942 16 7
As Dooku dies, he warns Anakin and Obi-Wan that Palpatine was only ever the Sith apprentice. The true Master of the Sith is still out there, and amon...