Reborn (Apollo x OC)

By lavishlife

The oracle gripped her hair and slowly tore it open through its tangles. Her clouded eyes met Zeus's lighteni... More

Introduction and Characters
Chapter 1 "Islands of Ice."
Chapter 2 "Glaciers."
Chapter 3 "The Titaness."
Chapter 4 "The Girl."
Chapter 5 "The Gods."
Chapter 6 "A Name..."
Chapter 7 "Preservation"
Chapter 8 "Blood and War."
Chapter 9 "The Sun see's all."
Chapter 10 "Plotting."
Chapter 11 "Seducing The God of War."
Chapter 12 "Love."
Chapter 13 "Camp what?!"
Chapter 14 "Punishment."
Chapter 15 "Titaness to Demi-Goddess"
Chapter 16 "Godly Errands"
Chapter 17 "The Gift"
Chapter 18 "Silver Arrow"
Chapter 19 "Rose Chariot"
Chapter 20 "An Ancient Love"
Chapter 21 "A Promise"
Chapter 22 "God of Whining"
Chapter 23 "Change of Plans"
Chapter 24 "A Terrible Promise."
Chapter 26 "Prying Eyes"
Chapter 27 "forced into confession"
Chapter 28 "Golden Eyes, Frozen Tears."
Chapter 29 "The Imposter"
Chapter 30 "A Warm Touch"

Chapter 25 "Unresolved Feelings"

3.2K 96 11
By lavishlife

Apollo's POV

I can't keep denying my feelings anymore. Maybe it's because of the new situation we have to deal with but I can't keep pushing my feelings down further. They're beginning to rise back up and I can no longer hide from the truth.

I looked down at Shiva who's eyes read pure terror when she realized what she had done. She is such a fool.

Shiva. A woman who constantly tries to prove to herself that she's strong and mature. By the gods, for her age she is. But she could never hold the same wisdom the rest of us do. We have been alive for thousands of years. She has been alive for what? 18? 19? Compared to a god she has the mentality of a child. There's still so much she doesn't understand. Perhaps it's my fault for not paying better attention to her and allowing her to make such impulsive decisions. When it comes to godly business she can have no say. She simply does not understand it or the game.

Despite all of her faults, I can't help but feel my chest tighten at the sight of her. I feel as if I could melt at any moment when I gaze into her silver eyes. They're so calculating yet pure. Her face is delicate and youthful. She's beautiful. Not only because of her features but because of her complexity. No other goddess looks or thinks like her. Despite her stubbornness and immaturity Shiva is bold and adventurous. Most goddess's want nothing more than stability and power.

My thoughts drifted to the past...

"You're in love with her!" Artemis said as she pointed at me accusingly.

I simply chuckled and shook my head. "You are blind sister."

"I am your twin. I've seen you in love. I've seen you in denial. You are in love with her and refuse to admit it." Artemis pressed on.

At this point I was getting bothered. "Artemis, I'm ceasing this discussion. You're simply wrong."

Artemis sighed in disappointment and shook her head. "Whatever, keep denying it. But as your sister I must offer my guidance. Don't say anything and just listen to me. I don't want you hurting yourself anymore. Love is your weakness. This girl, we don't know what she is or where she's from! You will only get burned from this. I've seen you fall victim to 'love' far too many times. Brother, just accept the fact that just maybe you're not destined for anyone. I'm not. Love only makes you weaker."

I swallowed hard as memories came flooding back. My mindset back on Olympus was different. It could be because of everything I've learned here on earth due to the countless times Zeus cursed me with being a mortal.

Shiva being promised to Hermès made me realize that I want her. I've always wanted her. I must put a stop to this. I must find a way to break off their engagement and prevent the fates from getting their hands on her.

I think I know what I need to do. I've done it before and I might have to do it again.

As we all left the building I turned to shiva once more. I spoke in a softened voice: "You will not marry him."

"I-I swore on-" she started.

"I know. I'll take care of this. But I need you to make me a promise that you won't break." I spoke carefully as my hands gripped her shoulders reassuringly. "Do you trust me?"

She looked down at her hands and remained silent for a few moments. She finally looked up at nodded. "I do."

"You must promise me you won't speak on decisions like that again. You will do what Ares and I say. No objections." I said as I looked deeply into her eyes.

She hesitated. I could read it all over her face. She still didn't want to be weak or answer to others. But she's far too foolish to do things on her own.

She opened her mouth to object but stopped herself. She finally swallowed hard and agreed. "Fine."

I looked towards Ares who looked deep in thought. Usually he's a man not intent on worrying about dramatics yet he seemed disturbed. I think we were all just exhausted due to what we've been through.

Shiva looked up at me. "I wanna go home." She whispered.

I sighed and nodded in agreement. "Me too."

After a few short moments of silence Shiva looked to me. "So what are we going to do?" She asked.

I pondered for a moment. We can't return to camp. We can't just stroll back into Olympus and beg for forgiveness. Or perhaps we can... no. That's not an option. "This is quite difficult. I couldn't imagine how it is for humans without a home..." I said sighing.

Shiva gently placed her hand on my arm and gave me a pleading look. "You said that tall building before was a gateway to Olympus."

I nodded. "Yes but we can't just go back on our own accord. It will surely anger my father or just make our punishment worse."

Shiva seemed to frown in thought. After a few moments she looked determined. "Our punishment was because of lies. Perhaps it's honesty that will save us. If we can speak to Zeus without the others interfering we could tell him the truth, about the box!" Explained Shiva.

"Trust me Shiva, being the god of truth myself I will admit that the truth is necessary. However, it's not always believable-"

"Zeus knows what Hera is capable of." Interrupted Shiva.

"I gotta agree with Apollo on this one, girl. What is it you expect us to do? Walk into Olympus, tell Zeus we had Pandora's box the entire time and that Hera gave it us???" Added Ares.

"I know... I'm not stupid. But the thing is, Zeus trusts Apollo. Why would the god of truth lie?" Said Shiva. She turned to me. "Along with Athena you are his favorite and most trusted child."

She started to make sense but the probability of failure was too high for my liking. Perhaps it's my fear of Zeus-

"I'm his favorite child!" Objected Ares.

"See, he's delusional. The fact that he agreed with you earlier says that you're wrong! Believe me, either we try or just wait around doing nothing!" Said Shiva.

I looked at her pleading eyes for a few moments. I tried so hard to resist but failed. I genuinely did not believe in the plan and I didn't want to face anymore punishment. But if it meant helping her then I would face Zeus's wrath. Besides, I don't wish to see Hermès marrying her anytime soon.

"Fine. But we need a plan to get inside The Empire State Building. We can't just walk in looking like this." I finally agreed.

Shiva smiled gently and turned to Ares who seemed a bit offended from her comment earlier. "What...?!" Growled Ares.

"I don't think Apollo or I are capable of... criminal activity-or at least planning something of the sort." Said Shiva awkwardly.

Ares shifted his eyes between us. He groaned. "What is it you're implying!"

"We sneak in."

Ares scoffed. "Sneak in? Unless you guys wanna bust in and start slashing our way through I can help. But I ain't about sneaking. You can ask your Betrothed about that one." Sneered Ares.

"We aren't entirely human. We can use what's left of our godhood to aid us." I suggested.

"We go in the night!" Added Shiva. Her face had beamed with happiness, she seemed so determined and pleased to contribute. I'm surprised she's not still hung up on her new betrothal.

Ares pouted for a moment but finally broke. "We could always dress like security or maybe even a janitor." Ares mumbled.

We all exchanged looks. "But where can we get the uniforms?"

Ares POV

I regret everything. I regret that stupid damned plan with Shiva. I regret tagging along. I should've just stayed at the camp even if it sucked. Here I am, liable to feel the full extent of my fathers wrath upon one bad move, all because of this white haired brat and blondie.

I had snuck my way into the parking garage below the ESB (Empire State building) and crouched behind a nearby truck. It was around 6:00pm and usually workers got off at this time. I waited for anyone that looked like security or a janitor to come by. Eventually, I saw an older man pulling a yellow mop bucket from the elevator shaft. There seemed to be a small closet near the elevator entrance. The janitor entered a few digits into the keypad. I narrowed my eyes and watched carefully. Like an out of body experience, my range of site focused on the keypad as he entered the passcode. 4401. 4401. By the gods, please don't forget.

The janitor entered, pulling the bucket behind him. I focused one more time, using the last of my stored up strength and caused a nearby mop to fall catching the door before it shut. The janitor didn't seem to notice. With the door now held open by the fallen mop, I quickly walked over and observed my surroundings for any workers. When it was clear I slowly entered the closet.

It wasn't what i expected. It was much larger and had a few more doors. There were shelves containing paints, cleaners, and different cleaning chemicals I could hardly pronounce. However, there were no uniforms in sight.

Where would they keep their uniforms?
I kept wandering around, walking through doors and watching for the other janitor in case I ran into him. I found myself in a hallway and continued down it. I entered the first door to my right and found myself in a lounge of sorts. It had basic appliances like a mini fridge, sink, and microwave. In the middle of a room was an old sofa and coffee table covered in magazines. This must be the janitors lounge.

My eyes landed on the wall which was lined with lockers. Hah! They just keep personal belongings here.

I went up the first locker on left and it was locked. They were all locked. I pondered for a moment. I hate thinking. I hate trying to figure shit out. Out of frustration I grabbed the first locker door and ripped it off it's hinges. It was loud but I was frustrated.

There was no uniform in this one apart from a lunch sack. I snatched the lunch sack and ate the contents inside. With ham sandwich sitting in my mouth, I ripped more locker doors off their hinges. I managed to collect three janitor uniforms from inside them.

It hadnt occurred to me that ripping the janitor doors off their hinges looked suspicious and wouldn't bide well with our disguises. What do I do when there's evidence? Destroy everything.

I toppled over all the lockers, tearing each door off as I went. I then flipped over the couch, threw magazines everywhere, and dumped out the contents of the mini fridge. It had looked as if a tornado went through the janitors lounge. It definitely looked like something suspicious happened here but it's too messy to pin anything specific on anyone. Just looks like a maniac destroyed the place and not like a uniform thief had rummaged through lockers. I'm very smart.

I turned to leave and was met with the janitor from before, his face painted with shock. "What in the hell-"

I clasped his mouth as I panicked. DONT KILL ANYONE ARES. I thought to myself. Shoot. Can I even still control the mist with half my godhood gone.
The mist kept mortals from seeing... unnatural things. It kept them ignorant to us gods.

I tried to concentrate but nothing happened. The man struggled as I held him in place. "By the gods!" I groaned.

Amidst my chaos, the hanging light from the ceiling must've been disturbed because in seconds it had fallen and struck the man in the head in an instant. I paused in shock as it knocked him out cold. That had to be some godly intervention. I don't know who was watching but I hope it wasn't my dad or mom. I grabbed the janitor by his feet and dragged him into a nearby supply closet. I barricaded the door shut and awkwardly left. I'll just let him out when we're done!

As I left the building I met Apollo and Shiva a block over in a dreary alley. The sun had finally started to set. "It's cold." Sighed Shiva.

"You're the one to talk?!" Groaned Apollo.

They saw me walking towards them and perked up. I tossed them both a uniform. "You did it!" Exclaimed Shiva.

They both unfolded the uniforms and their faces fell in disgust. "This one stinks... I bet whoever had to wear this cleaned toilets." Whined Apollo.

"Mines far too large! This won't be believable." Whined Shiva as well.

"Well it's what we've got! We gonna get shit rolling or what?" I said as I crossed my arms.

Shiva and Apollo exchanged worrisome looks. They hesitantly nodded. "I suppose..."

Authors note

Started college again y'all. It sucks but it is what it is. I have some interesting news however...
You might be wondering where I've been. Here's the thing, I love writing. So much so that I'm working on writing my own book. Not fanfiction. Just my own book. My own characters, my own plot, and my own universe. It's going to be a fantasy book and set in a medieval time period!!!
I've only gotten a few chapters done with brainstorming but it's coming along.

I'm not sure when it'll be posted or what my plan for it is, but if you're interested in reading it let me know. It's not on wattpad, it's on my private hard drive. I would love some feedback on it <3

Anyways, hopefully I'll keep up with updating and find an even balance between the two. Thank y'all so much for 40k reads! I can't believe this story has gotten that far tbh. I really love you all. Please comment and share your thoughts. I light up when I see a comment, even if it's one word or not related to the story. I just like hearing from you guys!

-Emma

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6 0 6
Archeologist Xander Grail and his Husband, Snake Averous, a specialist in Art History and ancient languages, are invited to investigate a mysterious...
529K 16.4K 56
In seventeen-year-old Mia's world, Greek Gods have certainly made their presence known. That's right. Zeus, Hera, Poseideon. They were all real. Eve...
69.4K 1.6K 43
Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love and Beauty is forced into an unwanted marriage the very evening she emerges from the sea. While Hephaestus is not terr...
34.1K 1.1K 35
"Kiss me." He whispers. "I-I don't know how...I've never done this before." I frantically whisper and tilt my head. My nose slightly brushes again...