A Thug's Serenity

By lilbandrunner

"When she met him it was like dancing with the devil. When he met her it was like walking with an angel." More

One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
A/N
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty One.
Twenty Two.
Twenty Three
Twenty Five.
Twenty Six.
A/N
A/N

Twenty Four.

32K 2.1K 1.8K
By lilbandrunner

Satan

"Hea" I said passing the wood to Tj.

"You good? You was tweaking lastnight" Tj laughed.

"Quez ass had me on that moonshine"I said shaking my head.

"You drunk that shit? I poured mine out when he turned around" Tj said.

I laughed.

"You know I be down for whatever" i said.

"Speaking of down for whatever" he said.

"Wassup?" I asked.

"When you was gone tell me?" he asked getting serious.

"Tell you what?" I asked.

"I know you killed Ty bruh" he said.

"Damn" I mumbled not knowing what to say.

"You disappeared for almost a week after it happened. You only do that when you fighting yo' demons. Then lastnight when you was rapping Durk shit you turned and looked straight at Ty homeboy" he said.

"What Durk song?" I asked.

I don't remember shit from lastnight.

"Yo ass gone smirk and say 'new opp pack in the air this gas or what? He'll still be alive right now if you niggas ain't gas him up.' I knew then" he said.

"I know y'all wasn't cool, but you wouldn't cross that line for nothing. You my brother too so I wanna hear yo' side" he said.

"Ty been on some snake shit since we was kids. He always acted like we was in competition and he had to sabotage me or some. When we got older shit got worse. He slept with Erica, he set me up, and on top of all that he killed my grandma" i said.

"He killed Grandma May?" Tj asked leaning up in the chair.

"Hell yeah, caught his ass on camera" I said.

"He my brother and all, but he wasn't no real nigga. She took us in as her own. I could never respect that" Tj said shaking his head.

"Crazy thing about it is that even all that I ain't wanna pop his ass for the sake of you. I just couldn't let that nigga slide with shit continuously though" I said.

"That nigga killed Grandma May he crossed that line fasho. You did what you had to do" Tj said.

This why he was my brother. We had the same mentality, we understood eachother.

"It get deeper though" I said.

He looked up at me.

"He knew I was on his ass about that Erica shit. I wasn't even tripping that he was fucking my babymam, but them motherfuckas was stealing from me" I said.

"So I caught his ass at the intersection, I rolled my window down, and I sprayed his shit" I said.

Tj mouth dropped.

"Nah bruh" he said.

"He set me and Nick up" I said.

"Sad part about it, when I confronted him on it he was laughing and shit" I said.

"No wonder mama gave him up. She ain't wanna raise a bitch" Tj said.

I nodded.

"Ren" Tj said looking back at me.

"I know" I said.

"You gotta tell her" Tj said.

"How the fuck I'm 'posed to tell that girl I killed her brother?" I asked.

"Same way you just told me you killed mine" he said.

"Shit different, you know what Ty was on. Nick shouldn't have even been in that car" I said.

"Exactly he shouldn't have been. It wasn't yo' fault bruh" Tj said.

"Don't change the fact that he still was and I still pulled that trigger" I said.

"You acting like a bitch. Where was this energy ten minutes ago?" he asked.

I laughed.

"I love that girl bruh. I can't look at her and tell her no shit like that" I said.

"You got to" Tj said.

"The longer you keep it away from her the worse it's gone be when she find out" he said.

I sighed running my hand down my face.

"Yo' mama should've swallowed Ty ass" I said.

"Not too much on the dead" Tj said.

My phone began ringing and I seen it was Ren.

"Look at you, that guilt eating yo' ass up" Tj said.

I mugged him as I answered.

"Wassup" I spoke into the phone.

"When you coming home? Your mom and I made breakfast" she said.

"I'm coming now" I said.

"Ok" she said before hanging up.

"Aight bruh" I said standing up.

Tj stood up too before punching me.

I rolled my tongue around the inside of my jaw.

I wanted to knock his ass out, but I had to understand. Even though Ty deserved what he got it don't change the fact that he was Tj's brother.

"Now we good" he said dapping me up.

"Nigga you been working on the upper cut, ain't it" I laughed.

"I do a lil some" he laughed.

I walked to my car and got in. I honestly felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders, only for another one to come crashing down even heavier.

I don't know how I could look Serenity in the face and tell her I killed the person she loved the most. I know how much he meant to her. Everytime she talks about him her face lights up. I would literally be breaking her heart.

I rode in silence the whole way home.

-
"It smell good as fuck" I said rubbing my stomach as I walked into the kitchen.

"Asaud" my mama warned.

"What? This my house. You used to cuss in yo' house" I said.

She rolled her eyes at me as I washed my hands.

I turned to Serenity before wrapping my arms around her. I kissed her neck and she moved.

"Boy yo' mama is right there" she said.

"So" I said rubbing on her.

"Sit down, I'm making your plate" she said.

Ain't gotta tell me twice. I sat my fat ass down before getting on my phone. I scrolled on Facebook before a plate was laid infront of me.

"Yessirrr" I said rubbing my hands together.

"Asaud it's your turn to say grace" ma said.

"I already said it in my head" I said.

"I'll say it" Serenity spoke up.

Ma smiled at her.

"God I wanna thank you for waking us up again. I wanna than you for giving us another day and another chance. I wanna thank you for blessing me with these two dysfunctional people. I wanna thank you for continuing to watch over Asaud. Lord I ask you to continue healing us mentally, physically, and spiritually. I ask you continue to guide and bless us on our new journey of parenthood. In God's name we pray, Amen" she prayed.

Parent what?

I looked up at Serenity to see her smiling nervously.

"What you say?" I asked.

"I said in God's na-" she started.

"Nah before that" I said cutting her off.

"I'm pregnant" she said.

"I KNEW IT" Ma yelled getting happy.

She stood up giving Serenity a hug.

I just sat there.. I was happy of course, but this shit wasn't 'posed to happen like this. How could I tell her now after she just announced she's pregnant? That would devastate her. Would she abort our child? Would she keep our child away from me?

"Are you ok?" Serenity asked me.

"It's hot" I said trying to fan myself.

That's all I remember before I passed out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

314K 7.7K 32
When I first met him, we hated each other but everything changed once we got to know each other.
3K 135 19
"Walk like an angel, smile like an angel, talk like an angel but I got wise~ you are the devil in disguise"
9.3K 223 18
Just Read......
MEMORY By Me

Teen Fiction

75.6K 3.3K 31
Be careful who you trust; the devil was once an angel.