Twenty.

Serenity

Today was the day of Ty'Shawn's funeral and Satan has been M

Today was the day of Ty'Shawn's funeral and Satan has been M.I.A for 4 days. He hasn't responded to my texts, answered my calls, or even came back to his house.

Quez and Tj said he does this sometimes to get his mind together, but that didn't make me less worried. I continued to stay at his house in hopes that he would come home.

I called Satan again and it rung a few times before going to voicemail.

"What are you going through, Asaud?" I mumbled to myself.

-
Satan

I sat the case of water bottles and the groceries next to my mom's bed. She woke up and her blue eyes got big.

"Asaud.." she said.

"I thought you didn't recognize me" I said.

"How could I not recognize those eyes? I just got nervous, I didn't know what to say to you" she said.

"It didn't take long to realize it was you bringing me food and stuff. I know that sister of yours wouldn't" she said.

"Yeah, you right about that" I laughed.

"How is she? How's my grand babies?" she asked.

"She good and they good. Man Man getting big, I'm putting his ass in football this year. Nehemiah bad as hell. His mama caught him shooting dice with Monopoly money with the kids in the neighborhood. That nigga a mess" I said.

(Man Man is Tara's son)

She laughed.

"He just like his daddy" she said.

I sat down next to her.

"How long you gone live out here?" I asked.

"Until I get back on my feet. I don't want no more handouts from you boy, I mean it. But I had an interview yesterday at Dollar Tree and I got the job" she said.

"Word? That's wassup" I said.

"I gotta be better and do better. I wasn't there for y'all, but I wanna be there for my grandkids. I don't wanna be like this no more Asaud" she said crying.

"I know" I said hugging her.

"Enough about me, how have you been? Are you ok?" she asked.