𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 ━━ 𝘴. 𝘮𝘤𝘤𝘢�...

By DEVILLSDIOR

𝗦HE'S CAUGHT BETWEEN A ROSE AND THE THORNS where aurora stilinski is trapped in a prison world with a soc... More

𝗖AUGHT.
𝗣ROLOGUE.
𝗔CT 𝗢NE ━━ childhood madness.
01, bonk on the head
02, into the woods
03, uh oh stalker alert
05, the world is dying
06, rumour has it
07 , ethics and moral philosophy

04, chum bucket

1.3K 98 37
By DEVILLSDIOR

( 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒓, chum bucket. )

AS MUCH AS AURORA DIDN'T WANT TO ADMIT IT, SHE COULDN'T HELP BUT FEEL RELIEVED THAT THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE TO SHARE HER MISERY.

𝗞𝗔𝗜 𝗪𝗔𝗦𝗡'𝗧 𝗛𝗘𝗥 first choice of company, but he was different than all her friends back home. He knew what was happening in his life - he knew about magic, he knew about his powers, about his skills. Kai felt no different, except that she was everything he'd prayed for and more. She was kind, and not wanting to get away from him even after that whole - slightly - kidnapping event.

He didn't tell her yet about the having no magic thing quite yet, he just wanted to have some fun before the truth inevitable would come out. Ironically, Kai had made Scott's present house, home in 1994. That wasn't going to cause any problems in the future of course. The two became children, they forgot where they were, how they got here, all their problems. Running through streets, breaking into everyone's houses.

Days past by, weeks, maybe even months, but no one kept count, it was a never ending day of fun. Aurora, now named 'Rora by Kai, was with Kai up on the roof of Beacon Hills High School, they decided that they were going to sleep under the stars tonight. Aurora had never seen the stars up so close. While she knew that Stiles and her dad would want her to make the best out of any situation, she'd felt bad that they were probably worried about her, and here she was safe and sound.

She still didn't know the exact anatomy of this place but all she knew was that she was in 1994 and her family was in the future. For all she knew, she could've passed by her brother while walking one day, and she didn't even realise it. What the hell was she doing?

"What are you thinking about?" Kai murmured. He liked when she spoke, her voice was sweet,  and he liked the noise. He was afraid she was going to disappear if he closed eyes and all of this would've been a dream or he's really scummed to the loneliness that he's desperate enough to imagine a person.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" she whispered, staring up at the sky. "Just out out of Beacon Hills, I mean we can go anywhere we want."

"Are you sure?"
"Yeah, do you know how to drive?"

"I've been here for 18 years, I know how to drive, 'Rora," he laughed, but the Stilinski girl kept quiet. "Where'd you wanna go?"

"Anywhere."
"We'll just get into the car and drive."
"That sound's nice."
"You sound tired, go to sleep."

"Hypocrite," she mutters, turning to her side, her back facing him, hands under her pillow as she closed her eyes and slept to the sound of his breathing, like a lullaby putting her to sleep.

𝗦𝗖𝗢𝗧𝗧 𝗠𝗖𝗖𝗔𝗟𝗟 𝗔𝗡𝗗 Stiles Stilinski had gone to school with nothing but dread on their shoulders. While Lydia had come back, there was no doubt something that was wrong with her, the Argents were just bringing problem after problem after problem for the teens, and of course Aurora Stilinski was still missing.

A few days had passed since their time in the woods, and Stiles has targeted all of his negative energy into fixing up his car. Of course that plan didn't go so well, with the whole lizard situation. Oh yeah, that's a problem too. With the Stilinski family situation, and with Stiles not listening to what Noah said about staying at home and being safe and all, the Sheriff has resulted to drinking again.

The last time he drank this much, well his wife died. He felt as if he was reliving that moment over and over again, except this time it was worse, because there was hope, hope that she was still alive. Anyways, Noah is now inhaling alcohol, Scott is trying to solve multiple murders and trying not to get killed by his girlfriend's family, and Stiles was trying not to have a breakdown, so nothing was really going well for anyone in Beacon Hills.

But it all changed once the phone rang.

"Hello?" Scott answered.

"Scott, it's Deaton, get Stiles, I think I've found something."
"About what killed the mech-"
"About Aurora."
"... We're on our way."

Scott told Stiles in a frantic stuttering mess, and the two got into Stiles jeep, and drove to the clinic. On the way Scott called Allison, because he thought she would be able to help, because at this point, hunters kidnapping and torturing her this whole time wasn't not a possibility. She arrived a few minutes after they did.

Deaton's front door was closed, so the three teens started to hit, punch, do anything to try and open, when finally, finally, Deaton opens up, with a bright smile on his face. "Oh hey guys, come on in."

"Just tell me where my sister is, or I swear, I'm going to make Scott wolf out and claw your face," Stiles says with no humour.

"Okay," the four of them head inside, surrounding the large silver table in the middle of the oom, Deaton on one side, the teens on the other, "so I think your sister is... in a prison world."

Silence.

"Scott."
"Hmm."
"Claw his face."

"Okay look, I know it sounds crazy but, my mom, she used to tell me stories about people disappearing in a light and remember in the forest Derek thought he saw something, well I thought maybe-"

"You called us here because of a fairy tale your mom told you, what the hell does this have to do with my sister!"

"Stiles calm down," Allison says softly, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You of all people don't get to say that to me."

Silence.

"My mom," Deaton coughs, "she read me things from this book," he held up a dusty old book, with vine like designs incrusted with metal, "and I thought maybe these stories weren't fake."

"Well, how- why- what the hell is a prison world?"

"They're this alternate universe and depending on what time they're created, you're put into that world and stuck reliving the same day over and over again, with no one and nothing else but you-"

"Why would my sister be there, she's human? She hasn't done anything wrong?"

"Stiles," Deaton sighed. The funny thing about Deaton was that he was sort of like an all knowing angel. He knew everything supernatural going on and sits there as chaos erupted. "Your sister is anything but."

"Excuse me," the three of them said together.

"Bottom line is that your sister, she's a witch, and I think that she's been sent to a prison world."

"I can't, I have t-to go, I'll be outside," Stiles muttered. He slammed the door shut, his hands interlocked behind his head. The tear stains on his face were like cracks on a porcelain doll. He should be happy that they were closer in this investigation, he should be, but hope is always worse, because doubt starts to creep in with it and rot your mind. He let out a deep breath looking up at the starry night sky. Who knows, maybe Aurora was looking up at that very moment.

"Well how- how do we get her out?"
"That's the part of the story my mom said was not appropriate for young kids so..."
"So, you have no clue. Aurora is stuck in an alternate universe, all alone?"

"Yes."

𝗔𝗨𝗥𝗢𝗥𝗔 𝗔𝗡𝗗 𝗞𝗔𝗜 went car picking the next day. They could choose whatever they wanted. They choose a 'cool car' on Aurora's behalf. The two shoved in a bunch of food and shit in the trunk, and the small things Aurora collected, she kept them in a fancy box she found within her mother's things. They were all set, wherever the road takes them, wherever they wanted to go.

"Gosh the traffic is terrible," Aurora jokes.

"Ugh I know, don't people have anything to do nowadays?"

That was the great thing about Kai that made Aurora happy, was that they could be themselves, of course that was only because they were completely and utterly alone - and under different circumstances she was sure that he would be at the very top of her hate list - but here they were there for each other. They were each other's people.

She felt so guilty for thinking this way, but, it was always about Stiles at home. Excluding her only friend, he was the one who got all the attention. He was the golden child, and now someone was actually paying attention to her. She felt more alone surrounded by people than with one person now. She felt horrible thinking the things she was but she was, not happy, maybe a step down from happy, but she just hoped her brother and dad were alright so she wouldn't have so much guilt.

The sun was at it's peak and the winding road stretched on for miles and miles. Another thing she was glad of was that there was no law, so she could drink, and she took advantage of it. "You know when I first came here, I felt like Harry Potter," she hiccupped and giggled.

"Who's Harry Potter?"

Her mouth dropped to the floor, letting out the most offended squeak. "No."

"Who?" he asked with a smile, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Only the sweetest boy in existence, that's who. Oh this is a travesty."

"I'm sorry I've missed out on a few things," he chortled.

"It's not fair."
"Life's not fair."

'You're not fair," she mutters like a child. Aurora put her legs onto her seat, putting herself in a fetal position, placing her head on her knees while still leaning against the headrest. And as the Stilinski girl fell asleep she kept replaying his words over and over again, she couldn't even imagine being here for decades but thinking about everything he missed out on in the world, it's not at all what he grew up knowing it was - no matter what world he goes back to, he'd be a stranger to all and everything to him.

The sun set on a new day. New became old once more, and Kai was tired As he entered a small town which he couldn't quite catch the name of, he parked in front of a large, two story, wooden white house, with a swinging bench on the left side of the front porch. He carried her into the empty house and laid her in the first bed he could find. He slept on the couch.

( authors note. )

finally getting back
into this story

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 305 29
Rain Specter sweet girl, Kai Parker mischievous boy, what happens when the two meet? How much can a person really change you? (Kai & OC)
456K 12.1K 89
• A tale of love, pain and hope • Mikaela Lockwood is the younger sister of Tyler Lockwood, and a recently-turned Hybrid. After being turned by Klaus...
117K 4.3K 76
Beatrix La Salle, the Original Heretic, was not expecting to be trapped in a prison world with a siphon sociopath, but after three hundred years of M...
61.2K 2.4K 40
The Travelers and the Gemini Coven had hated each other for two thousand years. It made complete sense for Kai Parker to kill the last Traveler when...