Night Souls

بواسطة dreamersalone

Stacey is a girl who doesn't have a sense of direction on what she would do after graduating from university... المزيد

Rain Walk
D' Bess Burger
Kiss Me You Fool
OK
JoShell Night Club
The Talk of the Day
Movie Nostalgia
It's Just A Date
Inner Thoughts
Marry Me Muffins
Save Me The Horror
Fine Dine
Risky Business Pt.1
Risky Business Pt.2
Congratulations!
It's Getting Late
Another Level
Dance The Night Away
It's Not a Fight
Birthday Cake
Mask Off
Last Minute Surprise
Heartbreak Weather
It Takes Two
Listen To Your Heart
Epilogue
Alternative Ending

Living in the Presence

9 2 0
بواسطة dreamersalone

"I know you were peaking."

Stacey enters her house dripping from the rainwater. She caught Emma and Jenni peeking from behind the sofas, trying to 'act normal'.

"Hey, we didn't know you came back." Emma walked out of the living room and joined Stacey who went into the kitchen for a towel.

"Yeah, how was your date?" Jenni screeched from the living room, she was rolling around in leftover popcorns that never made it in their mouth.

"It was okay." Stacey shrugged, popping a glass bottle of soda.

"OK?! We just saw you two eating each other's tongue out!" Jenni jumped out of the couch and got shot with a look from Emma.

"See, I knew you two were spying." Stacey busted them.

"We weren't spying..." Emma's voice was higher than ever, "we were just concern. Looking out for our best friend."

"Yes, but still tell us ALL the details." Jenni blabbed and joined them in the kitchen.

"Maybe after I get changed, it's starting to really weigh on me," Stacey said tugging her dress, it was stuck onto her skin like a leech.

"Woah you are drenching wet, haha. Go change, I'm going to make more popcorn for this." Emma went into the cabinets to grab some packs of microwave popcorn.

"Oh! Are there still any gummy bears left?" Jenni went searching the cabinets.

Stacey took her heels off and tiptoed upstairs shivering from the cold atmosphere. Soon she went back down wearing dry clothes and start spilling all the juicy details the girls have been longing all night. It was just like high school all over again, except the guy was a bit older and there wasn't any drama but sweet romance.

"And then I just yap, 'Kiss me you fool!' do you think it sounds desperate?" Stacey wondered, "I think it was a bit dramatic."

"No, I think it was romantic." Jenni slapped the air.

"And funny." Emma nodded, "Now he's a keeper."

"But there's a setback." Stacey went from smiley to frowny.

"What?" Emma was concerned, she hopes he wasn't married. Should I ask her that?

"Oh no, he's gay?" Jenni blurted out. Oops. That wasn't meant to come out.

"What? No." Stacey laughed. Is he though? No, he can't be...but most of the men that looked that good turns out to be. Ah, it's just a stereotype. A man can be clean and dressed-well.

"He's leaving by the end of next week," Stacey slumped down on the couch, "I don't know how I should feel about that."

"Maybe he would extend his stay or come visit you every chance he gets." Trying to cheer her friend up, Jenni wants her to be hopeful.

"He did say he will be back for graduation."

"See, you will get to see him again," Emma reassured that things would work out for them both. They just have to communicate and compromise together.

"That's three weeks from now." Every possible situation that can happen between that short span of time ran through Stacey's mind, "What if he forgot about me and find someone else."

"Or you, what if YOU found someone else and forgot about him?" Emma pointed out, not only is he going to be away from her. She needs to know that she would be away from him, what would Nicholas think about this? Won't he be worried as well?

"Why would I do that?" She questioned, Stacey would never cheat on someone.

"Precisely, then why would he do that?" Jenni saw the good in Nicholas, she's like the master of relationships among the three. Her relationship with Danny can be seen as an icon couple. It's funny how the two get along, sometimes Jenni is the dominant one in the relationship then other times would be Danny. These two love birds are just so perfect together, there's never a time when they're bored with each other.

"I guess we can resolve that late, it's not like we are exclusive. I'm just going to live in the present for now and worry about the future when it comes." Stacey took a deep breath and stare at the ceiling letting her imagination run wild.

"Good, you will work it out when the time comes. By the way, don't you think his driver was kind of cute?" Jenni bumped Emma's arm.

"Oh, he was hot as hell!" Emma pleaded and fan herself with her hand. "Where do you find these people?"

"I honestly don't know." Stacey laughed, "Although...don't you think he's a bit young to be a driver?"

"What's wrong with that? You can never be too young to be an actor." Jenni appealed to Stacey's statement.

"I'm just saying why would Nicholas hire some around his age? You guys said it yourself, he is hot. Don't you think his 'dates' would be attracted to him?"

"Hmm, good point but he probably just wants someone around his age to talk to in those long drives ." Emma is a reasonable type, she sees things people don't see in other people and are willing to give them a chance to show they are good-hearted people like they are.

The next morning, Emma had to set out early for an appointment she made with a college consultant about her next steps after university. Whereas, Jenni had to attend a morning cooking class with another friend whose boyfriend bailed on her the last-minute. They broke up.

The girls got another exam this noon and Stacey planned on staying in to relax. She was getting some ingredients to make french toast in the kitchen just when she received a text message from Nicholas.

Nicholas: Morning angel.

Stacey: Morning Mr.Sunshine, what's up?

Nicholas: I'm free this morning, do you want to grab breakfast with me?

Stacey looked down at the slices of bread she was taking out from the package. She wasn't sure if she should take up the offer, after all, she already touched the bread with her hands. Maybe she should invite him over here to have breakfast instead but she doesn't think she got enough for two.

Stacey: Uh, you're just in luck. Where?

Nicholas: Luck? Haha, at my place. I'll pick you up.

Stacey: Meet you out in five?

Nicholas: Perfect

Pick me up? Is he going to drive here when I can just walk over there?

"At least it'll give me time to change out of my pajamas." She said out loud.

"Bye Toby!" She called out before disappearing behind the door.

"Woof!" Toby was playing with his toy in the living room.

Stacey saw Nicholas standing out on the pavement waving.

"Hey!" He greeted smiling. Nicholas was wearing something casual this time and it's something Stacey never saw before in her life. It is shocking how clothes can change how a person looks.

"Where's the car?" She looked around the empty road.

"Who needs it when it's a three-minute walk." Nicholas wrapped his arm around her neck going in for a side hug and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Then why don't I just walk over to your place?"

"Naive girl, so I can spend more time talking to you."

Stacey laughed crazily and nearly tripped before Nicholas got a hold of her.

"Oh shit." She said trying to hold in her laughter. It was like one of those scenes you see on television. The clumsy girl was swept off the floor by a tall handsome gentleman before plunging her face to the ground, except where in this case was an awkward stance.

People passing by may wonder if they were doing some cheerleading pose or yoga pose, and that's exactly what happened when a nearby neighbour was walking her dog.

"Good morning Mrs. Stamos, hi Bailey." Stacey smiled waving with her only free hand. She was hanging diagonally, her hair flowing down touching the concrete and the only thing that's stopping her from falling face flat was Nicholas. He had his hand gripped tightly on her arm without letting go.

"Kids these days." Mrs. Stamos muttered to her dog as kept walking.

"Well, aren't you going to-" In a flash of light, Stacey was twirling into the arms of her knight in shining armor, "pull..."

She was so close to him, he can feel her breath puffing at his face. It was minty fresh.

"I am not drunk." She stated while blinking rapidly.

"No, you're just hungry." He chuckled and grabbed her hand running across the street, "Let's go eat some breakfast!"

Nicholas took the keys out of his pants pocket and unlocked the door.

"I hope you have a sweet tooth because there are not going to be any savory food this morning." Nicholas led Stacey into the kitchen.

It wasn't Stacey's first time being at the house. The last time she was here was when Alice threw a Christmas party. Although some things had changed, probably got new furniture.

"I'm excited, can't wait to see what we're having." Stacey took a seat by the kitchen counter. There laid many covered plates. "Wow, I could already smell it."

"Hope you're going to love it, I made it all by myself." Nicholas took out two clean plates and forks.

"You cook?" Stacey asked, tapping the silver cloche her mind was flooded with curiosity on what would they be having for breakfast.

"I didn't say I was good at it but we can find out about it now." He unveils the dish plates displaying all sorts of colourful freshly made food.

The strong alluring aroma of fresh baked goods like muffins, cookies and even cut up fruits in the shape of hearts and stars were like a magnet pulling Stacey in closely.

"No way! I feel like a spoiled kid!" Stacey was extremely surprised by the reveal, "This is spectacular, you did all this just this morning?"

"Well I made the pancakes and cookies but I bought the fresh multi-flavoured muffins and fruits as well as some cereal and milk as a standby just in case things didn't go as planned." Nicholas took a seat next to her and placed two juice boxes in front of them. "I also got us this."

"Haha, what would've happened if I couldn't have breakfast with you this morning?"

"It would've been a shame for all this to go to waste, I would have to change your mind somehow."

"Aww, I'm glad you did this. I love it." Stacey pecked a kiss on his lips.

"If you get tired of the sweetness, I can cook up some eggs and bacon."

"No, no it's perfect."

"Great, let's dive in.

"Oh my, I love you."

"Huh?"

Before Stacey could make it seem like nothing had happened, it was too late. She froze for a second and stared blankly at the cranberry muffin she was holding out. She couldn't believe what she just blurted out, what was she thinking? He must think she was crazy, "I love you". Really?

"Um, I was talking to the food..." Stacey nervously backed up a bit pointing at the muffins.

Nicholas' face was frozen in shock but his eyes were soft as he approached Stacey, planting a kiss on her lips for a few seconds. He paused and took a look at her. They were so close face to face, they could feel each other's heavy breathing in and out through their mouth. It was triggered by the heat they gave off when they're together.

"Don't you think the guy who made it should get some credit as well?"

Stacey was not sure how to reply, she does not want to make it an awkward situation like she already had and grabbed Nicholas' face.

"Thank you." She said looking into his eyes and whacked his the side of his face playfully, "Now let's actually eat."

Nicholas couldn't let her get away with this easily.

"Stacey." He called her, she was taking a bite of the cookies.

"Please don't make this any weirder." Closing her eyes wishing for a redo over. 

"I love you." He leaned in closely whispering in her ear and waited for her to open her eyes. Sliding his arm across on the kitchen counter and slipped the cookie out of her hand, "I'm so happy you felt the same way." Then took a bite off the already half-eaten cookie.

"Hey! There's a plate full of them and you took mine?" Stacey bashfully pushed him.

"What's mine is yours and what's yours is mine." He bravely sang out. 

"Okay maybe take a pause, it's getting too far." Stacey hopped down from her seat and swapped back what's left of her cookie, "and technically, you just took back what's yours so now I'm taking back what's claimed to be mine." 

"Where are you going?" Nicholas watched her strolled out of the kitchen. 

"You don't need to know where I'm going, you just have to trust me that I'll be back."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading another chapter of "Night Souls".

I hope you enjoyed it and can't wait for the next chapter.

Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.

I appreciate the support.

Thank you! See you in the next chapter! :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

458K 22.8K 38
Skylar Davies has always been a proud member of the "Invisibles", you know, those people at school whom everyone seems to NOT know about? But when s...
EMOTIONAL DISTANCE بواسطة kp_skz

قصص المراهقين

506 33 14
*a pandemic romance with a 19 year old college student and 29 year old unemployed woman It's 2020. Paul should be off to college, Adrienne should be...
79 13 13
Jeremy's life turns upside down when his girlfriend of five years leaves him right before he plans to propose. On the other hand, he has scored the j...
96.7K 1.9K 27
When Henley Johnson moves to the small town of Riverview for her junior year of high school, all she really cares about is leaving her past behind. S...