The Devourer's Chosen: A God...

By After_Hours_Writer

Left to die in the Ashlands by his boss, a 4th gen God Eater finds himself in an entirely foreign world after... More

Chapter Two: Guidance From an Apostle
Chapter Three: A Village's Fate
Chapter Four: To the Land of Riches
Chapter Five: To the Adventurer's Guild
Chapter Six: Heroes to be Reborn
Chapter Seven: Uninvited Guest
Chapter Eight: Ashborn on the Loose

Chapter One: The Demon's Chosen

1.2K 29 26
By After_Hours_Writer

The Ashlands...
Northern Europe...
3rd Person POV

"This.... this is how it ends for me, isn't it? To be consumed by the ash storm."

As the mobile fortress that is Baran's Ash Crawler drives off in the distance, a young man watches with empty silver eyes. His short, snow white hair, crimson colored jacket, and the straps of his sagging black pants waving to his right as a massive black cloud of ash grows behind him.

"To be deserted by Baran himself for the failure to capture a live Aragami.... He should've known it was an impossible feat. We all knew that it was impossible."

Turning himself around with his black boots, the young man stood idly as the storm grew closer, streaks of orange lightning spewing out from within the storm.

"There's no point in running from it. It'll only make the pain worse."

The young man was knocked onto his bum as the storm had enveloped him, causing minor burns to form all over his skin as he continued to think.

"I've denied those rumors about him, and yet.... This is the price I pay for my loyalty..."

As he stayed in the storm, the minor burns began to worsen, causing an unbearable burning sensation to his nerves as his skin began to flake away, as if he was caught on fire.

Young Man: Ah, Aaaah. AAAAAAHHHH!

"Worst of all, I've never even gotten the chance to tell her... that I love her."

Young Man: BARAN!

But as the young man's body was being torn apart by the ash, his 5 basic senses were shot, no longer feeling the burning embers that was frying him. Despite it, however, a pair of dimly lit blue eyes manifested from within the darkness that he could only see, alongside what looked to be the shape of a wolf's head.

Young Man: What the-?

It was there that he recieved a message from the manifestation, despite his loss of hearing.

Wolf:  CURSED ONE, HEED MY WARNING, OR FACE THE PATH TOWARDS OBLIVION...

Young Man: !?

Wolf: DO NOT PLACE YOUR TRUST IN THE HANDS OF THE ONES WHO'VE FREED YOU FROM DEATH'S DOOR, FOR THEY ARE FALSE IDOLS.

Young Man: What?

Wolf: SHOULD YOU DESIRE A SECOND CHANCE AT LIFE, THEN HEED MY CALL, SATANAEL.

Young Man: Wait! How do you-!?

As the young man's brain became flooded with questions, the wolf's mouth began to open up as it lunged towards him.

Satanael: How do you know my-!?

*C-C-CRUNCH!*

Location: Unknown...
Western Continent....
Muran Empire....

Satanael: Wait! Eh!? Huh!?

Sitting upward from a small pile of straw, the young man awakened in a panicked state, unsure of what was going on as he now found himself in a small, cold, damp stone cell with sweat pouring down his face.

Satanael: The hell was that about?

Satanael: Hmm?

Looking down, he had noticed the loose bit of straw that he had been lying on.

Satanael: Straw? In the Ashlands? But I was... Hmm?

He also noticed his God Arc, a wild concoction of a human sized chakram, sniper rifle, and tower shield within a living, glowing amber Aragami core, leaning against the wall beside the bed.

In seeing his God Arc, the young man placed his hands onto his face as he began to have a migraine.

Satanael: What the hell is going on, here?

Knight: Hey, the chosen one's awake! Inform Ganon!

Satanael: ?

Satanael: Ganon?

From the other side of the cell, a person dawning a dark medieval era knight armor approached the door, inserting a large brass key much to the young man's confusion.

Satanael: The fuck is that!?

Upon opening the cell door, the knight greeted the young man before gesturing him to follow.

Knight: Greetings, hero.

Satanael: Hero?

Knight: Umm... My name is Sir Gleason, and I know that all may seem.... well.... confusing to you.

Satanael: No shit, this is.

Upon hearing his statement, the knight's tone changed a bit to be more lax.

Sir Gleason: Ah, thank the lord, you're not the courteous type. Would you mind just following me? I have my order to take you to our lord, and then to finally take a lunch break. If you don't mind, I'd really like to get going.

Satanael: Oh.

Standing up from the "bed", the young man grabbed his God Arc and muttered to himself before leaving his cell.

Satanael: Okay?

Sir Gleason: The lord of this castle will explain everything in full detail.

A Minute Later...
Throne Room...

Following the knight, Satanael observed the environment around him as he was led out of what was in essence a castle dungeon up towards the throne room in the center of the stone castle.

Satanael: Jesus.... Nobody back home would ever believe this. Hell, I barely believe any of this.

Stopping at the large iron doors that led into the throne room, the knight stated to the young man.

Sir Gleason: Before you enter, I need to inform you about lord Muran.

Satanael: Wait, didn't you-?

Sir Gleason: When you enter, there will be a lot of people lined up on each side of the red carpet. Just take it easy and bow your head once you reach him. Simple right?

Satanael: Right....

Sir Gleason: Alright then...

The knight patted him on the back, basically shoving him through the doors before leaving.

Sir Gleason: Go get 'em, tiger.

Satanael: Hey! Do you-!?

Upon entering the room, the young man became the center of attention as all eyes were on the oddly dressed individual.

Satanael: ...mind?

Satanael: The hell is up with this crowd?

Slowly walking through the throne room, he observed as he passed by women that were bulky, brightly colored dresses and men that wore similarly colored, luxurious tuxedo suits.

Satanael: Their clothing look better than anything Baran has, even Gleipnir for that matter.

As he walked throughout the throne room, he no longer payed attention to the attire of the people around him, but instead to the old man that sat at the far end of the throne room. Upon a large seat of leather and gold sat a bearded old man, dawning attire of similar quality to that of the throne. It was easy to presume him as the one in charge of the place.

Satanael: Talk about a king, Jesus Christ.

Upon reaching the man in charge, Satanael did as he was instructed, bowing his head a bit before standing as the lord of the castle spoke.

Lord: Greetings, summoned one.

Satanael: Summoned one? Is this...?

Lord: I am the twenty-seventh ruler of this empire, Muran, and I have summoned you today to seek of your aid in the coming war against the demons....

It was then that it dawned on the young man, ignoring the lord of the castle as he thought to himself.

Satanael: Ah. That happened. I've heard and read a few stories of people going to another land, though the method of getting there is usually by truck. It answers a lot of the basic questions I have, but it still leaves me with one: How do I go back?

Lord: Sir!?

Satanael: Hmm?

Lord: I wish to hear of your name?

Satanael: Satanael.

The people who remained silent the whole time broke their silence, whispering to one another about the unique name.

Luxuriously Dressed Woman: A rather odd name if you ask me.

Luxuriously Dressed Man: Eh, I've heard dumber.

As the whispers grew louder, the lord raised up a single hand, quickly silencing the crowd as he responded.

Lord: May I ask that you lend us your power, Satanael?

Satanael: I-.

Lord: Of course, you'll be appropriately awarded for your-.

Satanael: May I ask something?

Lord: Hmm?

A bit stunned that he was interrupted, the lord responded with hesitation.

Lord: Oh, o-of course.

Satanael: That was odd...

Satanael: You said that I was summoned, yes?

The lord nodded.

Lord: Yes.

Satanael: Then I must ask, how do I leave this place?

After several seconds of silence and tension, Satanael asked.

Satanael: You heard me, right Muran?

Lord: Hmm?

Satanael: How do I return home?

Lord: Oh! Umm... N-Now why would you want to return to the-.

Satanael: There are much more urgent matters I have to attend to out in the Ashlands than some isekai bullshit.

Lord: !

Satanael: So I'm going to ask again; How, do I, return home?

The lord of the castle sighed as he placed one hand over his face, speaking with a much more sinister tone.

Lord: You really had to make this difficult, didn't you Satanael?

*C-C-CRACK!*

Satanael: !?

It was then that the massive magic stone that sat upon the chandelier above them broke, slowly removing the illusion of a brightly colored throne room.

Satanael: The hell!?

What was once a brightly colored throne room was now a dark, decrepit  space of flesh and bone. The people, luxuriously dressed and well mannered were now horned humanoid creatures armed to the teeth with massive blades. And the lord, once a timid old man that sat upon a throne of leather and gold,was now a massive, multi horned goat beast that sat upon a throne of flesh and bone.

Satanael: What in the cinnamon toast fuck is that thing!?

"Lord" Ganon: And there goes the concealment stone.

Satanael: Concealment stone!?

"Lord" Ganon: All you had to do was say "yes" instead of bitching about your home.

Realizing the meaning behind the wolf's message, the God Eater's shock immediately changed to one of rage.

Satanael: It was you sacks of shit that brought me here!

"Lord" Ganon: Instead-.

Satanael: Gun Form!

"Lord" Ganon: I'll simply enslave your-.

Satanael: Fire!

*BOOOM!*
*C-CRACK!*

"Luxuriously Dressed Crowd": !?

The bullet that had been fired from the young man's God Arc detonated upon making impact with the demon lord's neck, causing shrapnel to rip and tear apart its flesh and bone, reducing it to a headless body.

Demon: Lord Ganon!

Satanael: Ah.

Watching the headless corpse fall to its knees before falling forward, the crowd of demon looked over in horror as the God Eater reconfigured his God Arc back to its chakram form. Looking back at the horrified crowd, the young man swung his blade to the side, preparing for a war as the crowd's horror turned to that of anger.

Demon: DeVoUr ThAt ChIlD!!

Demon: He MuSt NoT lIvE tO sEe AnOtHeR dAy!!

Demon: HiS fLeSh Is MiNe!!

Satanael: I don't how you bastards got me here, but one of you will either send me back or end up like him!

As the demons charged towards the young man, he in turn, sprinted towards them, pulling his arm back as a black, shark-like creature began to take form within his God Arc, preparing to devour those ahead of him.

Satanael: RIP 'EM APART!
____________________________________

An Hour Later...

In the confines of the demon lord's castle, the sounds of screams and flesh being torn apart could be heard, alongside the occasional gunshot and munching of meat. After about an hour of nonstop fighting, the young God Eater emerged from the front gates of the castle victorious, his clothes and weapon drenched with blood. The metallic taste in his mouth began to fade away as he took a breath of fresh air outside the demon lord's castle.... then another.... and another. Exhaustion was finally hitting him as his adrenaline was fading. What lied ahead for young Satanael was a journey he did not ask for, but one he'll get none the less as he ventured off in search of a way home.

_____________________________________

Author's Note:

The purpose of this story was to make one that was for the most part original, rather than just a retelling of another story through a different perspective, like the RWBY ones or the Akame Ga Kill one for example. (A reason I deleted the latest one as well.)

Plus this'll serve to poke fun at the isekai genre in general. (Mostly the whole truck thing.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 225 31
Y/n died to a hollow but didn't become one due to his soul reaper powers and is greeted by Aqua and kazuma in the void like space. Konosuba and Bleac...
7.5K 332 62
A war has been going on between fallen angels and angels forever now. Two brick walls that will never win. Y/n is an angel/elven warrior that fights...
1.4K 272 13
Sol, who is 'So Out of Luck' reincarnated as an orphan in a remote village which is setting in a novel he vaguely remembers reading. But the problem...
237 1 109
a follow-up story of the overarching Stiera universe. set in a fictional universe where Quinn finds the demon whose escaped from stiera. Althought th...