Detention Boys

By Lottie_H_

"Alec, you're drunk and confused. You don't want this," he said, but didn't try to move away. I could feel hi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Just a little note to you all...
The Detention Slip

Chapter Thirty-Nine

58K 2.6K 2.1K
By Lottie_H_

“Alec, please do me a favour and be civil to your father, can you do that for me?”

I looked up at my mother who was stood at my bedroom door; all dressed up and ready to go. I finished tying my tie and picked up my navy suit jacket off the back of my chair and made my way to my bedroom door. My mother put her arm out in front of me, stopping me from leaving.

“Alec?” she asked with a note of warning in her voice.

“If that’s what you really want, then okay. Can we just go already?”

She moved my messy hair away from my forehead – I’d wear a suit, but no way was I slicking my hair back- and cupped my face in her hands.

“Thank you. Your father is waiting in the car, let’s go.”

Luke was sat at the bottom of the stairs and I had to do a double take when I saw him. Mum had managed to get him to wear black suit and tie, along with a white shirt, and had somehow convinced him to actually comb his hair. I was impressed.

“Your suit is way more casual than mine,” he complained as I pulled him to his feet. I was wearing  a navy suit and tie, along with a light blue long-sleeved shirt underneath. Luckily, my suit fit much better than Luke’s since I was able to fill it out more, so I hopefully didn’t look as uncomfortable as he did.

“Nah, you look way casual. How’s it feel not wearing a hoodie?”

“Cold.”

“Right boys,” said mum as she put on her jacket, “time to go.”

~

Thankfully there was minimal conversation on the way to the charity event, which was being held at one of the fancy hotels outside of town. After being reminded that we were to be polite and respectful etc. we made our way into the hotel aka the party of doom.

The main venue was all fancy and reeked of money, as you would expect at these kinds of things, and some posh dude showed us to our table.

My luck has really run out. Of course, sat at our table were Kieran, Amanda, and my best friend in the whole wide world, Molly.

  “Jack, good to see you,” said Kieran, getting up to greet my father. They always acted like they hadn’t seen each other in years. I did my best to smile and look happy to be here. Which I wasn’t.

I shook Kieran’s hand before turning towards Molly who was pulling out the chair next to her and eagerly patting it. And so it begins.

“Hey, Molly.”

“Hi Alec, long time no see?”

“I know right.”

Once everyone was seated a waiter came and served us all a glass of champagne- at least there was alcohol to get me through this. I occupied myself by sipping from my glass and looking around the place.

“The place looks great,” I said to Molly, trying to avoid eye contact with her. I could feel her staring at me and wanted nothing more than to be at another table. I don’t know what, but I always feel uncomfortable around her- at least with the likes of Savannah I knew what I was dealing with, but Molly was so unpredictable that she really freaks me out.

“It sure is,” she said, reaching for her own glass. I saw a waiter approaching and quickly downed my glass and held it out for a refill.

“So,” continued Molly, “you got a girlfriend yet?”

“Ehh... no?”

I wasn’t lying, but I knew I should have.

“Really, well I guess that makes me very lucky then.”

Damn it, Alec! Why didn’t you just say you had a girlfriend! Maybe Molly would have magically turned into a respectable, polite young lady. But no, you have unleashed the man-eater. The thing is, this time round I was in a relationship, and I was going to be completely faithful to Dylan. I’d never been unfaithful in a relationship, so just because my relationship with Dylan was still secret to everyone here didn’t mean it was nonexistent. I just hoped Molly didn’t try anything or I’d end up causing a scene. Can’t embarrass my father now, can I?

Thankfully the staff wasted no time in taking our orders for food and serving it. Six glasses of champagne later and the meal was finished and it was time to mingle. Molly decided to stay by my side. Lucky me.

She took my hand and stated walking around the hall with me. Unfortunately, the unwise decision to drink six glassed of champagne was now affecting my brain and I couldn’t be bothered to protest against her. Drunken Alec equals lazy Alec.

However, when she dragged me over to one of the weird fancy benches near the back of the room I realised I was entering the danger zone.

“Molly, I should really-“

“Just sit down Alec.”

She pulled me down on to the seat next to her and squashed me right into the corner.

“So, I was thinking that we could maybe leave the parents to their partying here and go somewhere a little quieter?”

What did they teach us in sex ed about body language? I tried to sit up straighter, but that only pushed me closer to Molly. She took the accidental closeness as an opportunity to put her hand on my leg- a little too close for comfort.

“Molly, see the thing is, I really am flattered, but I don’t think that is a really good idea.”

“Why not?”

“You see, you’re lovely and all, but I just don’t like you like that.”

“Oh come on Alec, I’m not asking for marriage or anything like that yet.”

What the fuck? Marriage?

“Molly, I hate to put it bluntly, but no. I need to go.”

I stood up way to fast and ended up running straight into my father. He, along with Kieran, Amanda and my mum had made our way over to us. Thankfully it wasn’t busy at the back of the room so nobody saw my near-fall.

“Woah, Alec. Everything okay?” asked my dad.

“Yeah, fine. I just need some fresh air,” I said, trying to push past him.

“I’ll come with you,” suggested Molly, trying to take my hand.

So, I could blame the alcohol for the way I reacted, or my frustration, or quite possibly my overwhelming need to stay the hell away from Molly because I had a boyfriend who I really cared about... but I snapped. I freaking lost it.

“Molly, for God sake will you leave me alone! I said no!”

“Alec,” scolded my father. “There is no need for that. Molly was just being polite and offering to accompany you.”

“No she wasn’t. I’m sick and tired of you both,” I pointed to dad and Kieran, “trying to get us together. I’m not interested. How many times do I have to say no?”

“Alec, that is no way to talk-“

“What? Oh I’m sorry. If it were the other way round I’d get done for sexual harassment for putting pressure on a girl. So because I’m a guy the word no means nothing?”

“Alec, I really don’t see what’s wrong,”said Amanda calmly. “I don’t see what the problem is with us trying to set you up with our daughter. You’re single now so-“

“But that’s the thing!” I was nearly yelling now, and a few people within earshot moved further away. I could see Luke making his way through the crowd, but I really didn’t give a shit anymore.

I was done playing along with their stupid games, all about image and reputation. I was done playing happy families.

“I’m not single!” I said.

“Well, why didn’t you just tell us?” said dad. “You don’t need to have some secret girlfriend-“

“And there’s where you’re wrong,” I hissed, stepping towards him. But Luke appeared and stood in front of me, trying to hold me back.

“Alec don’t, your drunk and-“

I ignored him and kept my face fixed on my father. I was done trying to live up to his expectations.

“I don’t have a girlfriend-“

“Alec-“warned Luke.

“- I have a boyfriend. And I don’t give a shit about what you think.”

Everyone stood there staring at me while Luke tried to pull me away. He succeeded in making me walk backwards, my gaze never braking from my fathers. I watched fury and embarrassment wash over his features, his hands clenching at his sides.

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” he bellowed across the hall as Luke steered me towards the nearest exit.

“YOU HEARD ME!” I shouted back, just before Luke pulled me outside.

~

The cold air hit me hard and I staggered onto the road outside the hotel. My breathing was heavy and I felt dizzy, but I was just so angry.

“Where are you going?” yelled Luke as I made my way down the road, away from the hotel.

I heard Luke curse and moments later he was stood in front of me, gripping my face and making me look at him.

“Alec, I have to go back inside. Phone Dylan and get him to pick you up. Can you promise me you’ll do that?”

“Yeah, yeah. Sure. Whatever,” I said, taking out my phone. I hit dial on Dylan’s number and held the phone up to me ear, pointing at it. Luke nodded his head and gave me a quick hug before running back to the hotel.

I continued my journey down the street while I waited for Dylan to pick up. When I reached the corner of the street I slouched down against a wall and sat on the pavement. When Dylan answered I let out a sigh of relief.

“Hey, what’s up? Is everything okay?”

At the sound of his voice tears began to fall down my face. My body stated to shake as I was consumed by unexpected sobbing.

“Hey, Alec? Talk to me, please? What’s wrong?”

“I-I told them,” I cried into the phone.

“You told them? Alec I need you to calm down, I’m struggling to hear you. Have you been drinking?”

“Just a bit,” I admitted, wiping my face. “I didn’t mean to tell them like that, I was just so- so angry and...and-“

“Alec, what did you tell them?”
“That-that I have a boyfriend.”

The line was quiet on the other line, but then Dylan was there, his voice strong and calm.

“I’m coming to get you. Do you know where you are?”

I told Dylan the name of the hotel and that I was just down from it, sitting at the end of the street.

He reassured me that he was on his way and told me not to move, that he would find me.

I just sat there, huddled in a ball as my sobbing died down and I began to cry silently. It wasn’t long before I saw the flash of oncoming headlights and then a pair of strong arms were around me, pulling me up from the ground and hugging me tightly. Dylan held onto me, stroking my hair and softly rocking my back and forth.

“I know,” he said quietly as I continued to cry while huddled against him, hanging on for dear life. He kissed my head and began rubbing my back, slowly steering us towards the car. “I know.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6M 123K 56
Needing a favour and an easy way to pass his Physics class, closeted gay Zach Hamilton seeks Jace, the smart ass band geek who has snarky comebacks t...
1.2M 36.8K 34
What's worse than being a guy in high school who figures out they are gay and they have a crush on another guy? Noah Chambers knows what's worse. Not...
5.4K 131 1
(BOOK 3 #Bad Boy Chemistry) It's a new year, and the final year of high school for Charlie Harrington and his close-knit circle of friends. Charlie...
623K 7.6K 31
The bad boy's life changes when he suddenly becomes the teacher's baby...