Heartbreak Roommate

Von kristentaylor16

After being cheated on by her fiancé, the last thing Lydia wants to do is room with her brother and his 2 roo... Mehr

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Part 2
Chapter One (Part 2)
Chapter Two (Part 2)
Chapter Three (Part 2)
Chapter Four (Part 2)
Chapter Five (Part 2)
Chapter Six (Part 2)
Chapter Seven (Part 2)
Chapter Eight (Part 2)
Chapter Nine (Part 2)
Chapter Ten (Part 2)
Chapter Eleven (Part 2)
Chapter Twelve (Part 2)
Chapter Thirteen (Part 2)
Chapter Fourteen (Part 2)
Chapter Fifteen (Part 2)
Chapter Sixteen (Part 2)
Chapter Seventeen (Part 2)
Chapter Eighteen (Part 2)
Chapter Nineteen (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-One (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Two (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Three (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Four (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Five (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Six (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Seven (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Eight (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty-Nine (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-One (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Two (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Three (Part 2)
Chapter Thirty-Four (Part 2)
Epilogue
Resources

Chapter Twenty

47K 1.1K 138
Von kristentaylor16

Those two-a-days were really starting to whoop my ass, even if I was in the peak condition of my life.

The hot Texas sun was beating down on me harder than usual, but I was pretty sure the effects from the weather were wearing down on me harder because my focus was once again lost in a never ending loop of wondering if Lydia was okay, or what she was doing in that moment.

She had teased me the night before, and I realized only then how much I enjoyed her company and how utterly lost I obviously was to her already.

There were some reporters at my practice that day because news had finally broke that I was being recruited by the Patriots and they wanted to get the first scoop on the new guy.

I wasn't a stranger to media scrutiny, but it had all been yanked away once before because of Rafael, and I wasn't going to let him or anyone else stand in the way of that future again.

"So, how does it feel to get picked over Drayton Merrick?"

This reporter had ambushed me while I was on my wya back to my truck after practice had ended, which was just their style.

"Well, I am just lucky to be in the position that I'm in, and I wish everyone else involved with this process the best of luck in achieving their goals."

"That's very kind of you, considering that Mr. Merrick didn't have similar words for you. He said you were 'a wild talent with no focus or consistency'. How do you want to respond to that statement?"

I groaned and unlocked my truck while swinging my gym bag in the back.

"I stand by my first statement. I think my playing will speak for itself when I get the chance. Thank you."

She scrambled around to the front of my truck but the door was already shut in her face before she had a chance to respond.

A few cars began tailing me to try and find out where I lived the easy way instead of going through the channels that certain people had already tried to do before.

I hadn't purchased anything with my credit and I always paid Lucas cash, and since I wasn't staying on campus any longer, my personal residence was a big question mark when it came to the general public that was obsessed with that sort of thing.

If I was being honest with myself, I had only stayed at Lucas' house with the smaller bedroom because of Lydia. It didn't matter if I had to sleep in a damn closet, I'd do just about anything to stay closer to her.

And then my phone began ringing, Lydia's name flashing on the screen.

"Hey, what's up?"

"So, I'm about to call my dad. I just need to know the case number and if you remember the names of any of the officers involved in the case, as well as the name of the club where the assault happened."

"Oh, well I don't know if I remember the case number, but one of the officers I'll never forget. Martin Levins. He was the biggest douchebag I had ever met, and he was not on our side from the jump. The club was called Oceans I'm pretty sure."

"Okay, we don't have to have the case number, it's just easier to find the files when I ask my dad to do some digging."

"Thank you for doing this, Lydia. I'm glad you wrote the guy off as the bastard that he really is."

"I don't want him getting away with something like that. But I was thinking of something that we could try if going the parent route doesn't pan out..."

The intrigue in her voice was almost scary.

"Okay..."

"So, hear me out. We use me as bait, and then-"

"What?! Use you as bait? For what?"

"Just listen, then you can ask questions. Use me as bait. I ask him on a date, then halfway through I act like I'm not really feeling it, but I'll dress really provocatively and act like I wanted to go home with him in the beginning of the night. And then when he starts to get crazy or drugs my drink or something like he did with Marnie, you'll be there with Reed and Lucas and then we can actually catch him in the act! What do you think?"

"I think you are absolutely insane and if you told your brother to help with a plan like that then he would turn you down the second you suggest using yourself as bait. I have a better idea."

"Oh yeah, and what could be better than that? I thought it was a solid plan!"

I laughed at her enthusiasm that shone through on the other end of the phone but I would never intentionally put her in harm's way.

"What, use yourself as bait?"

"Well. Actually, yeah."

"I'm not following..."

"I could go to the bathroom when I see him go in and turn on my phone recorder and get him to admit to drugging Marnie's drink and taking advantage other that night."

"That's...not actually a bad plan. Okay, when do you want to do this?"

"What are you doing this weekend?"

I could hear the smile in her voice before she even spoke.

"Why Mr. Scott, you know just the right kind of date to ask a girl on."

I couldn't keep myself from flirting shamelessly with Emmett, there was just something about him that brought out my feisty side that I hadn't let loose since before Nate...

Emmett was so completely different from every man I'd ever had in my life. He was hot and cold, an unpredictable attitude and behavior and I never knew if he was going to hit on me or be genuinely a good person, which actually happened more than normal.

Maybe he wasn't as bad as my first impression of him had initially told me...

Three days until the 'date' and I was fidgeting in the plastic seat in my Econ class while my professor droned on and on about a chapter that I hadn't even read yet.

A sudden chirping in the classroom alerted me to the fact that everyone had received the same notification and I checked my own in my pocket to see that there was a brand new article on an up and coming Texas football player who was already making a splash in the headlines. Of course it had to be Emmett.

There was apparently a feud with another football player who was vying for the same spot on the same team who trashed Emmett's playing capabilities but Emmett stayed classy and didn't say a single harsh thing about the other player even when he found out what he had said about him.

The girls in class began whispering and it felt like I was in high school again when someone did something scandalous.

I was thankful Layla wasn't present that day and could focus on my work but when this took everyone's attention away from the lesson I was partially glad because suddenly everyone else was thinking about the same person that was on my mind before the interview broke on the internet.

"Hey, Lydia!"

I turned my head in the direction of one of the girls who I'd invited to my wedding when it was still on and who knew me as an acquaintance mainly. I wasn't really a people person unless it came to Amalia, who I hadn't heard much from since the club the other night as I figured she was nursing her wounds after striking out with that girl who never even gave her her phone number.

"Hey," I said, feeling bad that I'd already forgotten her name.

"Doesn't Lucas live with Emmett Scott? I heard they were roommates!"

Every head whipped my way in the classroom. The professor had went to the supply closet to get a new marker for the board so it was free reign for talking.

"Uh, I think they used to be roommates, but he moved back to his campus or something for the season."

The girls in the room deflated and I hoped I was right in telling them that little white lie, as surely Emmett wouldn't want all those girls knowing where he lived.

"Damn, okay. Everyone's trying to figure out where he lives since he's pretty much famous now! Are you going to his game with Nate?"

I stiffened in my seat as four pairs of mascara laden eyes swiveled my way.

"Um, actually we aren't together anymore. I sent the wedding retraction to everyone's emails last week..."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I haven't checked my emails in so long! I had no idea, what happened?"

I shrunk even further down into my seat as humiliation flooded through me. How many more times did I have to explain this?

"He fucked my best friend, so I figured he probably wasn't husband material."

The girl's faces were shocked, needless to say. They all turned their backs to the teacher when he returned to do his job and I could finally focus on the more strenuous part of my thoughts.

Things like how I was going to contact my dad and ask him for a favor when I hadn't spoken to him in over a year, how I was going to face Rafael in that club over the weekend and pretend like I didn't know what kind of a dirtbag he was.

And speak of the devil...

Hey, I had a great time yesterday. I hope we can do it again sometime, are you free this weekend?

Rafael's text wasn't surprising.

An evil smile flitted to my lips as the reminiscent feeling of powerlessness escaped me in a flourish.

I wasn't powerless anymore.

I can't wait! Oceans sound good to you? I can meet you there.

I didn't have to wait for his response to know that he would say yes. I was feeling dangerous and high on a strange kind of rebellion, having told off those girls earlier and taking charge of the Rafael takedown.

Maybe I could get justice for my young self too, in time.

I'd just have to make amends with my family first, something that seemed even more impossible than the revenge I so desperately craved.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

5.1K 931 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...
3.1M 123K 77
{Free story 1 paid bonus chapter} Virginia hates her school's basketball superstar, but Eli Shepherd is hoping to change that, one basket at a time...
3.7K 114 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
37.6K 1.2K 50
Emily Hale had the perfect life. She had the perfect grades, she was pretty as well as popular. People liked her and her amazing boyfriend, William...