Lupus Deus (Published on Ama...

By xxSkemoxx183

In a world of monsters and gods, the Lupus Deus is the one being no one wants among them, especially not the... More

Lupus Deus
Prologue
(C2)
(C3)
(C4)
(C5)
(C6)
(C7)
(C8)
(C9)
(C10)
(C11)
(C12)
(C13)
(C14)
(C15)
(C16)
(C17)
(C18)
(C19)
(C20)
(C21)

(C1)

345K 12.1K 8.1K
By xxSkemoxx183

*18 years later*

VIVIAN GREY

He's looking at us.

I know.

I don't like him looking at us.

I snorted at my wolf.

And what do you want me to do about it?

Claw his eyes out.

I rolled my eyes at my wolf. When we passed another turbulence my hands gripped the armrests tightly, my fingers becoming pale with the use of force. I had no problem flying but since my wolf hated being off ground it made her sketchy and extremely easy to piss off, being connected to one another meant that I was well in tune with her.

She's been eyeing passengers on the plane ever since we got on and hasn't stopped trying to convince me to claw at anyone's and everyone's face.

I'm not going to claw his eyes out just because he's looking at us. Calm down, we've only got minutes before we can get off the plane.

I could feel her mirth and excitement at the concept of solid ground. She settled down without another word. I opened the blind from my window and tried to make something out of the view, but we were still to high off ground. My thoughts began to float around to the reason for my trip.

A few years backpacks were getting trespassed by wolves from an unknown pack. It wasn't until these wolves began full-on attacking and taking members that the alphas began to realize that this wasn't random. Packs were being marked down and scavenged one at a time starting from one side of the world to the next. The mystery was in the attacker. Every pack was getting attacked, leading us to believe in the only choice we didn't want to believe in.

The only cause we were too skittish to blame.

The attacking pack had wolves faster than light, stronger than alphas and yet they never attacked at first, only hovering at the borders until given an unknown signal. Packs prepared as much as they could, negotiations were hard when the other side never responded but nothing could stop the attackers from entering and taking what they wanted. But what did they want? The million dollar question.

This pack appeared out of nowhere only to disappear, took what they wanted when they wanted, attacked like trained soldiers, but were strong as alphas and yet functioned like normal members. Who was in charge? We all had a suspicion that no one wanted to lay on the table because if we did, their head would be on the table if he heard.

My pack seemed to be on the hit list next, and with that, my parents decide to send me over with my cousin Lily from Cusco pack. Many members had done this with their daughters, seeing how it was young women that were being taken. The even stranger thing was that some of those who were taken were brought back were unharmed and without the slightest idea as to what had happened or where they were taken.

My parents were supposed to have come with me but mom got sick and dad being the overprotective mate that he is, basically locked her in the room after cleaning the house twice and said he wasn't going to risk her getting even worse with a trip.

Even though she was barely sniffing.

She had rolled her eyes at him for that. Dad wasn't worried that they would try to take mom, she was after all mated and older than the girls they were taking.

Even though it made me anxious being away from my parents I knew that they could take care of themselves and that after this whole mess was over I would be back home with them in no time. After all who am I? I'd probably just get returned.

One thing for sure though, whoever this person was, was not joking around. They wanted something and by the way, things were leading up, it seemed they were going to get it.

And fast.

*        *      *      *

A brown haired woman was running at me with her arms open.

I wasn't one to avoid physical contact, but when you sit on a plane for hours and a day, you tend to feel gross and unhygienic. Which was me at the moment.

"Hey, Lily." I said as I hugged her, aware that I was somewhat trying to keep distance but because she was squeezing me so hard it was unavoidable.

"Wow, you've gotten big since I've seen you." She exclaimed surprised. Because that's something every girl wants to hear. Lily was nine years older than me. Her long brown locks were actually controllable and framed her long face in soft waves. Sharp brows high on her face gave off the impression that she was easily surprised, small lashes framed dark brown eyes, the crinkled lines on the corner of her eyes made her look younger, filled in cheeks not helping. At five-foot-five she was an energetic person for someone of the ripe age of twenty-seven.

"Gee, thanks. And yes I'm fine after having been in a flying object for hours." I responded sarcastically. She shot me an apologetic look, before grabbing one of my bags.

"You know what I mean Vivian, I wasn't calling you fat, I was just stating that you seem taller. No need to rip out my throat." She said defensively, putting her free hand in front of her throat as if to protect it. I rolled my eyes at her theatrics. We exited the airport and made our way to her car where we placed my bags in. Lily got in the car and began to drive.

"You got your pack papers, right kid?" I nodded in response to which she hummed and continued to drive in a calm silence. She glanced over at me many times throughout the ride until she finally said what was on her mind.

"Now, don't be alarmed but there's a bit more security around Cuscos pack land. I'm not allowed to say why, but don't worry about it, just listen and stick to the rules." This was new but not all that alarming. I looked at her, but didn't ask. I had the suspicion that this was their way of staying on guard for the attacks.

Every wolf knew better than to try to get information about a different pack, it was seen as suspicious and could start more problems than it was worth. When on another pack's land the foreign visitor had to bring their ID, show their pack birthmark and a signed document from someone of high rank allowing the visit, not to mention obey any rules and regulations given. Alphas took trespassing and security more serious now a days.

Lily drove into a path in the forest that was easy to navigate only to those who knew where to turn. The deeper we got into the forest the calmer my wolf got, the scenery was different but similar to what she knew. Around ten minutes into the drive we passed a sign that read in big bold lettering:

Private Property.  Do Not Pass.  Will Be Shot On Sight.

To any human that should have been sufficient enough to stop them, but most wolves knew that it was just a warning to humans. Werewolves, if they chose to pass, would be stopped before they were even a mile close to official pack ground. As if to show me I was correct when two large men with weapons stepped out of nowhere a few feet before the car.

Lily slowed down into a stop before them and rolled down the windows. One walked slowly to the car while the other stood in the front, eyes steady on me and hand positioned to pull his gun out if I made a wrong move. No matter how many times someone did this to visit family, the knowledge that even if you were innocent, one wrong move would mean trouble was startling.

"Lillian Grey, born on Cusco soil and still a member ." Lily stated seriously. The man next to her window eyed her and then me before taking a deep breath, inhaling, taking in our scents. Without a doubt confirming that Lily had this lands scents while I probably reaked of humans, a different land and uneasiness.

"What about her?" He demanded, voice gruff and cautious. I took that as my cue.

"Vivian Grey, born on Defluo soil and still a member. Granted permission for a visit regarding family matters. Documents in check." I said as professionally as I could, my heart beating loudly in my chest, hands shaking a little. No matter how many times I did this it was still a bit nerve wracking.

"Papers, Mark and ID." I nodded and took my papers out from my bag, fished for my wallet and took out my ID. I gave them to him, he read over and then looked back and forth between the ID and me as if I had changed in the last two years I took it. He handed them back to me. Still brown-eyed, still a bit of baby fat on me and brown hair still cut to the shoulders.

"Mark?" He asked. I reached for the zipper of my hood and unzipped it, pulling the left collar of my shirt down to show my mark. My packs mark was just like the others, three slashes of claws but a line going through the middle of it and two perfect circles underneath. I pulled my collar back up but left the hood unzipped.

 His expression became blank for a moment and then he nodded at the guy in front, giving us the clear. Lily began to processed forward as soon as the other man moved from in front of us. This happened two more times before were let in and passed a big gate that protected the pack. Lily was right. Security was tight. 

While most might believe that werewolves guarded pack land in wolf form, they only do that inside the gates perimeter. A pack's main concern was being seen by humans, thus, armed werewolves in human form. 

"Okay, now we can start the fun." Lily exclaimed, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Can I shower and I don't know. . . Maybe eat." I tell her mockingly. It's her turn to roll her eyes at me.

"Okay, okay. I'll go feed you before you call your mom and tell her I'm not taking care of you the first few hours I have you. She'd skin me alive." She said jokingly. I think.

When we pulled up to her house and she got me settled in, I took a much-needed shower and felt the side effects immediately. I was no longer cranky and ill-tempered. I took in my appearance before I went down. My short auburn strands fell right below my collar-bone, cut straight. My face had a slight flush due to the heated water leaving my usually pale complexion rosy, large brown doe like eyes framed my face with high arched eyebrows that made it seem as if I was a know it all.

My small pointed nose made my chubby cheeks looks childish with a square face. I wasn't fat but not quite fit, but I was okay with that. My lips unconsciously turned up at the corners. I skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen with a smile on my face. Lily looked at me suspiciously, but I just smile back at her.

"What did you break?" She accused, putting down the sandwich she was making to cross her arms over her chest. I let my jaw hang and widened my eyes in mock hurt.

"What, I'm offended Lily. I would never break anything in your house." I said putting a hand over my heart. I knew it was utter bullshit because a few years back I had broken her living room chair after sitting on it, until this day I still say it was an old chair, not because I was heavy at all that it broke. The corners of her lips twitched letting me know that she was probably thinking about that too. She just shook her head at me and put a plate in front of me before taking a chair and setting herself on it.

"So, how have you been?" She asked.

"We're all good, a bit worried but good. How about you?" I answer picking up the sandwich, I took a bite out of it while she talked to me.

"I've been good over here. Staying out of trouble. But between you and me," She whispered as if someone was listening "I sneak out every Friday to head to the library."

I choked on my sandwich. 

"B-But you live alone, no need to sneak out." I  looked at her incredulously.

"I know." She smirked at me. It took me a while to figure out she was joking to which I entered a small giggling fit.

"I like to live wild." She exaggerated, moving her arms up. I shook my head at my crazy but very much missed cousin. She was an odd one.

We talked for a whole two hours, catching up on happenings and even talking about my stay here, but it became a little too serious for me and I was itching to have some quiet time.

"I'm gonna go to bed, the earlier I go to sleep, the more time we'll have tomorrow." I was already making my way up the stairs.

"All right. We'll go for a run tomorrow if you want." She waved me off, making her way to her own room.

"Yes! My wolf needs it. Night Lily." I smiled at her.

"Night."

When I finally went to sleep it was two hours after I had said I was going to sleep. I hate jet lag. My eyes slowly closed as darkness crept around my mind. And then I was in dreamland.

That, however, didn't last long because a loud screeching suddenly blasted into the air, startling me out of sleep. A few seconds later screaming followed from outside somewhere. I wiped at my eyes furiously trying to remove the sleep from them. At first I thought I was seeing things, but then I realized that a red light was flashing outside of the house along with the blaring noise. Loud stomps made their way to my room scaring me, my wolf began to growl in my head, pacing in unease. 

When my door busted open I stopped mid scream realizing that it was a panting and pale Lily. Her brown hair was frizzy on one side, her eyes were bright and wild with fear and panic. I leapt out of bed and moved towards her, when I got close she suddenly came forward and gripped my shoulders tightly,seeming to open her mouth to say something when a booming voice came from what sounded like a megaphone.

"Code RED, ALL WOMEN AND CHILDREN MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE SAFE BUNKER. WE ARE UNDER ATTACK. I REPEAT, GO TO THE BUNKER, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK." The voice cut off and it took us a while to realize what was said.

"We have to go now!!" My eyes widened at her words. Why was the pack under attack? Could it be. . .? And why did it have to be when I saw sleeping?!

She gripped my hand and pulled me down the stairs, both of us going for our shoes. She pulled open the door and peeked out, eyes wide and fearful. My heart was beating like a hummingbird's wings, I was aware my breath was loud, but I didn't care. A thin layer of cold sweat began to form on the back of my neck. I looked around with her. There were people running around in different directions in panic, most like me, were in sweatpants and a baggy shirt.

"Let's go." Was all Lily said before she took off running, I took off with her not wanting to be left behind. I sped up when I heard bullets going off in the distance and loud snarls. My blood pumped faster in my veins, my body heating up with the sudden burst of adrenaline. I had to remind myself to try and keep my cool. 

Keep calm, people do stupid mistakes when they panic. . . Like trip.

"What do you think is going on?  What-" I stopped when I suddenly crashed into her back. She rushed the words out of her mouth, nothing making sense.

"Your parents didn't know this because if they had, they wouldn't have sent you here,shit, if we make it they're gonna kill me. I'm sorry, by the way, I shouldn't have let you come. My pack got a warning that we were next, but it was out of their pattern so we didn't believe it could be true,oh man this is messed up, " She looked around nervously as she spoke, the alarm having stopped a while back but the red flashes and gunshots still going off.

"What warning?! When?!" I shouted at her. I felt like I couldn't breathe no matter how many breaths I took. It seemed like the air didn't want to make its way into my lungs. I was too young to have a panic attack!

"I'll explain later but we have to go to the bunker. Come on, stay close!" Once again we took off running into a part of the forest everyone else seemed to be headed towards as well. I didn't like this one bit, I felt like I was running around blindly. This wasn't my pack, I didn't know the layout of this land, and if anything, I had come here to get away from the danger, not get closer to it. I scowled into the darkness that we were running towards.

The more we ran, the further away the fighting and shots sounded, letting me know we were safe, but I didn't feel comfortable knowing people were still near the danger. When a large building came into view I could already see women and children making their way into the somewhat large but flat building. So many people were trying to get in at once that when both Lily and I tried to get in we were shoved around and separated.

"Lily?" I asked, entering in panic when I couldn't see her. It was all to confusing to take in and everyone was crying, talking at the same time. "Lily?!" I cried out louder. I may not have been as close to Lily as I could have been, but she was family and the only person I really knew here.I felt a hand grasp onto my left hand and spun around. A relieved breath left me, my body sagging at seeing Lily next to me.

"Oh thank fuck!" I exclaimed, I hadn't realized just how much it would have freaked me out to lose sight of her until I had her back in my sights.

"Sorry, I was swept away at the door." She hurriedly walked us over to a wall and slid down. I followed suit. My legs hurt from the sudden run. I would demanded for answers now that we were far away from the danger. My wolf agreed with me.

"What's going on Lily?" She looked up at me with a strange expression on her face and then I realized it was because she was holding back a sob. My teeth snapped together and my jaw clenched, tears. Tears scared the living daylights out of me. I pushed my uncomfortable feelings to the side and put my hand on her shoulder, hoping it reassured her somehow. I wasn't exactly sure I was actually helping though. She took deep breaths for a while and then closed her eyes, squeezing them tightly them.

"What's going on Lily?" She looked up at me with a strange expression on her face and then I realized it was because she was holding back a sob. My teeth snapped together and my jaw clenched- tears.

Tears scared the living daylights out of me. I pushed my uncomfortable feelings to the side and put my hand on her shoulder, hoping it reassured her -of what? I wasn't exactly sure. She took deep breaths for a while and then closed her eyes, clenching them.

"Tell me what's going on? What warning did your pack get? Who's attacking?" And why the fuck did you let me come here if your pack was in danger? I didn't say the last one out loud, but my wolfs annoyance was very much fueling my own.

She took in a shaky breath but didn't open her eyes. 

 " I can't tell you everything because I'm bound by my Alpha, but what I can tell you is that he wants something,someone. I don't know! My Alpha got a letter a few months ago saying we were next but it didn't fit the pattern so he paid it no mind, he said we would be safe. But he got offended, he didn't like it. We affronted him, insulted him, we were tactless. And now we're going to pay. Alpha thought he was a myth- a fraud, Alpha was cocky. Alpha was wrong." She whispered, seemingly more to herself than to me. It scared me to see Lilly act this way, her speech pattern almost childlike and choppy. But that wasn't what concerned me.

"Who, Lily? Who did . . . Alpha disrespect?" I asked, not knowing how to phrase my question better. She looked up at me, large brown eyes blank.

"The one known as the Lupus Deus."

I felt my world begin to darken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 5.2K 25
Dawn is 22-years old and a Beta's daughter. She is strong,fast,outgoing and has a great sense of humor. She is rebellious, adventurous and confident...
683K 21.3K 55
"Go ahead, kill me," she dared. "And why would I do that?" he stalked closer, a glint in his dark eyes. "Why not? Isn't that what you came here for?"...
209K 5.9K 33
Deniz Yildizi House is 18 years old hybrid girl, she's half wolf half mermaid but just like all other werewolfs she has a mate, she thinks that her m...
16.8K 379 17
"Darling." He smirked and eyed my lips. "Promises can be broken." "I don't break promises," I aimed to assure. "I know because I know you." He stretc...