The Nerds Secret

By bubbles_666

A little nerd with a big secret what happens when the bad boy want to find out More

Chap 1: hello
Chap 3: car show
Chap 4: getting paired with the bad boy
Chap 5: ew smoking
Chap 6: Forestford500
Chap 7: thinking
Chap 8: finding our fifth member
Chap 9: Ryders secret
Chap 10: practicing
Chap 11: drama
Chap 12: sleepover
Chap 13: sick day
Chap 14: borning school
Chap 15: Cat Fight
Chap 16: the plan
Chap 17: the fight
Chap 18: keeping it hidden
Chap 19: telling my friends
Chap 20: telling the family
Chap 21: secrets
chap 22: meeting Ryders friends
Chap 23: dinner with the bad boys family
Chap 24: date night
Chap 25: school dance
Chap 26: the big game
Chap 27: Race Day
Chap 28: mess right now
Chap 29: sad song
Chap 30: i love you
Chap 31: happy endings
WHITEWATER

Chap 2: surpise

107K 2.2K 701
By bubbles_666

I was helping mom make hamburgers for dinner. Mom was cutting up the onions while I was cooking the wet patties. I heard water splashing onto a car and laughing. I sighed, wishing I could see my car but I wasn't allowed too.

"Hey Eleanor, tomorrow I need to borrow your car. Is that okay?" My mom asked. I look over at her to see her cutting up the tomatoes.

"Yeah, Xavier can just drop me off at school and pick me up when it's over." I replied. She smiled. I mean, it is her car even though she brought it for me. I still think it's more her's than mine since I have my baby. But I can't drive it all the time which sucks, but I made that agreement with my parents when I first got it.

"Okay, thanks honey" she exclaimed, smiling and chopping more vegetables. I flipped the burgers over.

"Come on, son! We need to get this back in the shed so I can just do the finishing touches." I heard my dad say. I tried to look out the window, but all I saw was my dad and my brother pushing my car back into the shed. Damn it, I could have seen my car.

"Don't worry, Eleanor. You will see your car soon, it's not going to leave you." mum told me, chuckling and resting a delicate hand on my shoulder. I smiled a tiny bit. Yeah, I guess she was right, I was just impatient.

"How long has dad been working on my car?" I asked. She just grinned. I put the patties on the buns before mum put the other items on them.

"Since he got up. And believe me, you are going to love your car. I'm jealous of it!" she exclaimed. I went to the fridge and grabbed the sauces. I was jumping for joy on the inside, now! I was really anxious to see what dad did to it. Soon enough, dinner was ready and we set up the table.

"DINNER!" I yelled. I saw both boys come into view with oil and grease on them. They grinned and sprinted to the door.

"Smells good." dad complimented, sitting down and grabbing the ketchup. Soon enough, we all began eating.

"So, when can I see my car?" I asked, giddily. Everyone laughed. Why were they laughing? I was being serious!

"Tomorrow after school. I'm almost done, but I just got the wrong size bolts for something and I need to go change them." dad said. I nodded. Damn it. I have to wait a whole day! This is going to be a challenge.

"Oh and Xavier, you will be taking Eleanor to and from school; I need to take her car." mom said. Xavier nodded and we all finished eating within the next ten minutes. Mom and I took everyone's plates and stacked them in the dishwasher. Mom turned the machine on and I walked up to my room. But as I was I pasted Xavier's room, I peered in in time to see him chucking on a black hoodie and about to climb out the window.

"What are you doing?" I asked, leaning against his door frame with my arms crossed.

"Going out." he responded, vaguely. I raised an eyebrow.

"You're going to fight again, aren't you?" I exclaimed. He looked at me, his eyes growing wide. That was my cue to shut up because his door was open.

"Yes, but if mom and dad ask, I went out with friends. Okay?" He pleaded. I nodded and put my hand across my mouth, doing the little invisible zipper thing. It indicated that I will keep my mouth shut.

"Yep, but please be careful. You know, mom and dad are getting suspicious because you come home with bruises and broken bones." I said.

"Yes, okay, now I'm off. Have fun." He said, messing up my hair. He climbed out of the window and I heard a rustling and a quiet thump. I shook my head before I walked to my room.

Yeah, my brother was secretly a street fighter. He also did under ground fighting, but I don't like either - it's not my thing. If I want to fight, there is a boxing bag in the garage that I can hit when I'm pissed off. Once I reached my room, I opened the door, smiled, walked to my bed, and fell onto it landing in a starfish-like position.

I wasn't one of those nerds that was shy and kept to themselves, but I wasn't mean either. I was like the normal people and I could stand up for myself - but the populars classified me as a 'nerd' since my grades are good. The only reason why is because my grades have to be perfect or else I lose my car for who knows how long! But to be honest, I don't care what they have to say, because outside school, I'm me. I don't have to care about grades and not messing with the populars because outside - no one knows who I am! Just how I like it. Soon, I get changed into my pajamas and hopped into bed. I took my glasses off and placed them on my bedside table. I fell into a peaceful sleep, dreaming about my car. Man, I can't wait to see it!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Beep. beep. beep.

I rolled over and hit my alarm before I rubbed my eyes and sat up groggily. I yawn and stretch, then looked over to see it was around six in the morning. Well. that leaves me enough time to get ready. I hopped out of bed and walked into my bathroom. I grabbed my towel and swung it over the shower door, then I stripped and turned on the water. Once it turned warm, I hopped in and let the water pound on my back. I loved the feeling of the hot water running down my body. I washed my body, starting at my arms, then neck, the torso and so on.

After I finished, I stepped out, dried myself and I wrapped the towel around me, snuggling deep into the soft fibers. I walked out and flung my towel on my bed. I padded over to my dresser to grab my clothes. I slipped on my undergarments, I pulled on my black leggings and paired it with my denim button up shirt. I slid on my white converse and nodded, pleased with my appearance. I put my hair in a messy ponytail and slipped on my glasses. I grabbed my phone and checked myself in the mirror to see if I looked decent for school. Yep, I looked appropriate for the hellhole. I walked out of my room and closed the door, then I walked down to see my brother eating his cereal. I sat down next to him, poured myself some Cheerios and began to eat.

"So, are both the parents gone?" I asked, looking at my brother. All I saw was a little cut on his upper lip, but nothing too bad.

"Yeah. Dad just left and mom left at 5." he replied. I nodded.

"How did your fight go?" I asked curiously. He smiled, revealing his perfect teeth.

"Very good! I won, and all I got was this cut on my lip and a bruise in my stomach. But it's all good." he replied, grinning triumphantly. I sighed, but I can't tell him to stop fight because that would be like telling me to stop and I couldn't do that.

"Well, I'm excited to see your reaction this afternoon!" he said. I finished off my breakfast and washed the bowl before I dried it and put it away.

"Same! I can't wait - anyway, I'll be back." I said. He laughed and I ran upstairs to brush my teeth. Once I finished, I came back down and I helped Xavier unpack the dishwasher before I grabbed my bag and we walked to his car to go to school. I walked to the back door.

"Hey, hey, hey! No, you're not in the front with me! You are my sister, not some celebrity." my brother said. I laughed evilly and hopped in the passenger side.

"But I could be," I said, giving a toothy grin.

"Whatever you say, sunshine." he said as he started his car and pulled out of the driveway.

"Hey, people already talk about me. But they don't know that it's... me." I said crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, but they don't know it's you. So, you're not famous." he said. I narrowed my eyes.

"Whatever, I'm famous and you're just jealous." I hmmphed and I stuck out my tongue childishly.I turned to face the window, a scowl etched onto my face and he laughed.

Ah, sibling love. Gotta love it.

Soon, we pulled up at school and I hopped out of my brother's car.

"See you later!" I exclaimed as I swung my bag over my shoulder.

"See ya." he said. We walked off in our separate directions to our friends. I gave them all high fives.

"Where's your car?" Ivy asked, looking around the parking lot for my car, a frown etched onto her pale face. I shrugged.

"Mom needed to borrow my car, so my brother gave me a lift." I replied. Ivy let out a low 'ah' noise and nodded.

"Okay, so what did you have to help your dad with?" Jasper asked.

"He's fixing up my car and I'm not aloud to see till this afternoon. Which sucks. But, I had to help him with a little bit of my car." I replied. They nodded, a quick gesture showing me they understood.

"You'll have to send us a photo of your car when it's done." Wyatt replied. I muttered a quick 'yes' and we began to walk into school.

"Sure, after I freak out, of course." I exclaimed. They laughed and we went to get our books for today. The bell rung and my first class was gym class with all three of my friends - and we were playing Dodge ball.

"Okay! This half of the class you are one team and this half, you are the other team! Now go get your bibs and get ready." the teacher yelled. I was on the same team as all my friends. I pulled on my red bib and we got ready to run at the balls lying on the ground in the center of the gym.

The teacher blew his whistle. I ran for a ball and I grabbed one before I chucked it at some random popular chick. She whined as it smacked her in the chest - yes! We kept playing and let me say, the team I was on was winning. In sports, I get really competitive. Even if it's not meant to be competitive I am! But I've always been like that since I was little. Soon, the teacher blew the whistle which meant the game was over.

We were all sweating buckets and out of breath.

"Congratulations to the red bibs! You have won. Go get a drink and head off to your next class." he said.

We all cheered, took our bibs off and chucked them in a pile for the next class. Once we were out, I grabbed my bottle and took a long sip from it. I wiped the sweat off my forehead and placed it back in my bag.

"Well, off to history we go El!" Ivy cheered sarcastically. I sighed and we waved to the guys and we walked to our next class.

_*_*_

God, I hate history. I almost fell asleep, and I think Ivy did! After our other two periods, we walked into the cafeteria to see the guys at our usual table. They waved at us and we sat down.

"How was history?" Jasper asked. Ivy and I stared at the boys, then at each other. And cackled.

"Let's just say, Ivy here fell asleep" I said as they guys chuckled.

"Good job Ivy!" Jasper said, still laughing at my blonde friend.

"Thanks. I try." Ivy said, flicking her hair over her shoulder dramatically. We all laughed at her. Soon, the bell rung and it was time for class... But to be honest, I just wanted the day to be over. I walked into English with Wyatt and we took a seat in the middle. Our teacher walked in.

"Morning class! Now, today, it's nothing too big but, I want to talk to you about your next assignment." our teacher spoke. Everyone released a loud groan. Everyone hates assignments; even the people who don't do anything hate them.

"This is going to be half your quarter mark, so I suggest you listen carefully. This assignment is about getting to know someone you don't really know and seeing what it is to be them. So, basically, putting yourself in their shoes. I will be pairing you with people you don't normally hang out with and people outside your comfort zone to see how well you cope. You will not get your partners till tomorrow so you may now free time while I finish picking people partners" the teacher spoke as I looked at Wyatt and he just smiled.

"Well this is going to be fun - someone putting themselves in our shoes." He smiled, sarcasm lacing his words. My eyes widen. Whoever I got paired with couldn't know what I do outside of school!

"We can't let our partners know our secret... We said we wouldn't tell anyone so no one will find out who we were." I whispered harshly.

"I guess we will just make our lives boring so we are like all the other normal people," he said.

"Let's just hope that whoever our partners are don't find out who we really are." Wyatt added. Man, I hated this project already and we haven't even started!

_*_*_*_*_

Finally, school was over. I was so happy! I was walking out the door when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I take it out of my jean pocket and stare at the lit up lock screen. It was a message from my brother.

-hey, sorry I can't pick you up. dad needed me to pick up something for your car.

-it's okay. I'll walk I can't wait to see my baby!

I put my phone back in my pocket before pushing my glasses back up. I began walking home, humming to myself. All the other students and teachers cars drove past and I stared longingly at them. I watched them drive away and I kept walking, shaking my head. I don't normally walk because I have my car - well, two of them. So why walk when you have a car?

I shiver. We were in the middle of November and heading into winter... It was becoming very cold outside. I could hear the gentle whoosh of the cars as they drove past and the leaves crunching under my feet. Everything was beautiful and peaceful until I heard a car horn and my head snapped up, revealing one person I really don't want to see.

Ryder.

"Hey, need a lift?" He asked, a smirk playing on his lips. I kept walking, ignoring him, but he was driving slowly next to me with the passenger's window down. I roll my eyes.

"No, I'm fine walking. Alone. Thank you." I responded through gritted teeth. I noticed that he wasn't leaving.

"Are you sure? I'll just drop you off at your house." he said. I thought about it... I mean, I do want to get home so I can see my new and improved car, but I don't want a lift from him.

"Ugh," I say, throwing my arms in the air in defeat. "Fine! But only to my street, I don't want you stalking me." I negotiated.

He stopped the car and I hopped in before he drove off in the direction of my neighborhood. To be honest, his car was really clean. Like, insanely clean. My car wasn't even this spotless! I wouldn't think a bad boy to have their car this clean... I expected condom wrappers and food wrappers and cigarettes everywhere! But no, apparently, not one thing was here.

"What's your street?" He asked as I continued to look around his car, admiring the smooth leather and beautiful metal embellishments.

"Um Ashleigh street" I replied, still admiring the inside of his car. I saw him nod and make a left, driving into my neighborhood.

"You know, I'm on the street next to you." Ryder said, stopping the car. I unbuckled my seatbelt before hopping out.

"No, I didn't. But thanks for telling me! Oh! And, uh, thanks for the ride." I rushed, flashing a crooked smile and slamming the door. I dashed down the street, looking behind me to see him making a U-Turn and driving in the opposite direction.

Once I saw my house around the corner, I swung my bag around my body and fished around for my keys. I walk up the steps and fumble with them and finally find the right one, inserting it into the lock. I open the door and walk up to my room, chucking my bag and the keys on my bed. I run back downstairs, open the back door and into to the backyard to see my dad.

"School's finished. When do I get see my car?" I asked, curiously. My dad chuckled.

"We just have to wait for your brother and your mum to get back." he said and I sighed exasperatedly.

"Why don't we go get a drink?" he asked. I nodded, noticing how thirsty I was from all the sprinting.

Man, please hurry up! Xavier, mum and I want to see my baby so bad!

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hey guys I hopped you liked the second chapter don't worry you will get to find out her secret in the next chapter and I hope you are enjoying it so far. Please comment, vote and share.

Oh I'm on holidays yayayayayyayayayaya 🎉😄😊🎉 so expect a lot of updates. And if you have any suggestions for the book or you like or dislike something please feel free to comment or message me about and I try to incorporate it or take it out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.1K 9
What happens when the mafia king's son falls for the new mysterious girl who seem to have more to her than she's letting on? But she couldn't be that...
74.9K 2K 22
regular degular highschool love story with a twist 😉
315 14 14
What happens when a good girl falls for a bad boy will she fall for a cocky conceited bad boy or will the bad boy fall for the smart bookworm??? Find...