Growing up (MWL's sequel)✔️

By Ariana_Godoy

"I want to grow up" Did you say it when you were a kid? I know I did. Have you regretted growing up at some p... More

Growing up (My Wattpad Love's sequel)
1.- "Are you sewing your clothes?! You said ten minutes!"
2.- I can officially say everyone knows I'm virgin.
3.- 'Please, that's too much. I feel a little dirty right now'
4. Love makes us monsters, people. Watch out.
5.The night is young, my dear BFF and so are we.
6. Romeo would be ashamed of you.
7. Are you flirting with me, mister?
8. Because I'm your girlfriend and you love me.
9. They are coming for us!
10. I really knew how to pick my best friends.
11. We've got Einstein son among us!
12. This is better than late night soap operas.
13. Thank you, fate, really. You're helping out so much.
14. We can share her. We are like Edward and Jacob.
15. Ms. Jones, may I have a word with you?
16. I can't believe it! You naughty girl!
17. 'Come out of your shell, little turtle'
18. I know a lot about you, Julie Ann Jones.
19. 'It's alright. You can touch if you want'
20. Why are you doing in my room at this late hour, sir?
21. 'It was a onetime thing, it won't happen again'
23. Yeah, I make up words, sue me. I'm original.
24. Happy Birthday, Raccoon.
25. You don't look fine at all, kid.
26. "Don't touch it. It's pounding."
27. You don't have my permission to lose your V card
28. I hate him. I do. I hate him so much.
29. Don't make babies while I'm gone
30. I'm like your Christmas hero or something.
31. So biologically speaking, I was screwed.
32. "We are not in the stone age anymore!"
33. This isn't so bad. I get free Jell-O.
34. You look like you need a drink
35. Oh Lord my poor virginal kitchen
36. "I already told you. You're a chicken."
37. I can't look at it. I can't.
38. They are my half-siblings.
39. "Oh Jules... you're so beautiful"
40. You'll be a great writer someday
41. The boy of sad eyes.
42. Epilogue

22. 'I sensed some tension here'

549K 20.4K 23.4K
By Ariana_Godoy

Chapter Twenty-Two.

"We need to talk." Hearing that phrase is scary but hearing from your best friend is dreadful. Why? Because you know your best friend knows how frightening is to hear it and she wouldn't use it if there wasn't a serious issue. I followed Lau into my room. We just got home to pick up my stuff and leave for the trip.

I picked up my back bag to start shoving things in it, "What is it?" I asked rather worried.  

Lau grasped some things to help me pack, "Don't get mad."

"Lau," I turned to her, "What is it?"

"Shane is coming with us," she muttered but I heard her alright.

"What?"

"He got us the cabin, its his family's property." She explained in a rush, "We couldn't leave him behind. It's wrong, he's our friend."

"I know that but he's the reason Evan and I broke up." I said exasperated.

"He's still our friend." She protested. I could feel an argument coming up.

"He should've thought about that before kissing me against my will. He made a mistake, we can't just go on and pretend it didn't happen,"

Lau folded her arms across her chest, "That's not fair, Jules.  You kissed him back. You made a mistake, too."

Her words caught me off guard, "It's not the same, I-"

"Yes, it is. I'm sorry but I can't just let you blame it all on him. I can't keep watching you act all high and mighty when you're as guilty as Shane is."

I stared at her, mouth wide open, "I can't believe you're taking his side when he almost destroyed my relation-ship."

"No, you almost destroy your relation-ship." She pointed me, raising her voice, "I know Shane is not a saint but he's not the only one to blame for what happened. It's time for you to take responsibility for your mistakes as well. It's time to grow up."

"Grow up?" I gave her a sarcastic laugh, "Are you serious lecturing me about maturity? You can't even tell if you love the guy you're dating and you have unknown feelings for Jason."

"Wow, you're so desperate not see your mistakes that you're willing to bring that up to shut me up but guess what?" she came closer, "It's not gonna work, Julie Ann. I'm your best friend, and I will tell you when you're wrong even if you stop talking to me after it."

"I'm not wrong!" I yelled at her, "A guy kissed me against my will, how can that be my fault? You're insane."

"You kissed him back!" she retorted.

"It was out of pity and you know that."

"It doesn't matter. It still gave him hope."

"That's not on me. He knew I had a boyfriend, he knew I didn't reciprocate his feelings. I was pretty clear with him."

Lau huffed, "Clear? Kissing him back isn't clearing anything for him or anyone. Why would you do that?"

"I pitied him! That was all!"

"That's not all and we both know that, Jules. You can't hide behind pity,"

I frowned, "What's that supposed to me?"

"You're attracted to him!" she accused seriously, leaving me speechless, "There, I said it. You are attracted to Shane and you kissed him because you wanted to, not because you pity him. Admit it and move the fuck on!"

"you're wrong!"

"Am I? You love Evan but that doesn't mean you won't feel attracted to someone else. You're human." She gestured me with her hands, "Loving someone is not about not feeling attracted to anyone else, love is about choosing that person over everyone else you may feel attracted to."

"And you know this how? You dodn't even know who you love," I spat out angrily.

Lau's face contorted in hurt but she pushed through, "But I know that I love you and I just wanna help you," my heart fell but I was too pissed off to say something, "I know is your birthday trip but Shane is coming with us. You're not being fair. You made a mistake, deal with it." She gave her back to me and walked to the door, "Evan already knows, I explained to him about the cabin situation and he understood. I'll be downstairs." And with that, she left.

I couldn't believe what had just happened. I'd never had such heated argument with Lau. Was she right? She couldn't be... I didn't... I mentally sighed, pushing all thoughts away. I didn't want to think about anything, I just wanted to enjoy my trip.  

A part of me ached at the thought of Lau being mad at me or the other way around. She was like my sister, her opinion was really important to me but I decided not to dwell on it. I knew we would fix things, years of friend-ship couldn't end because one argument, right?

As I shoved things in my bag, I wondered if she was right. Was I being stubborn? Was I attracted in a way to Shane? I knew for sure my feelings for Evan were bigger than anything but what if Lau was right about the being attracted to others' theory.

I groaned, finishing my bag, "Stop overthinking, Jules. Enjoy your birthday trip." I commanded myself but my mind kept racing. Did Evan really agree to this? Awkwardness was going to be on a high level then. I wasn't only concerned about Shane, there was Nash as well. The last time I saw him, he told me he was interested in me. What was wrong with boys? Before Evan, I was all alone. No one wanted me. I hadn't even been kissed for God sakes. But since the moment I got a boyfriend, guys just kept coming after me. First, it was Shane, then Nash and even that creepy texter. Did they want what they can't have? Was that what was happening?

I blew out some strands of hair from my face and headed downstairs. It was time to face everyone.

After an eternity of pavement, two gas stations, six bags of Ruffles and two naps, we finally arrived to our destination. My butt was so numb, Evan could go all Christian Grey on it and I wouldn't feel a thing.

As I stepped out of Evan's car, I realized I wasn't the only one with the numbing sensation problem. Jason was limping, Lau was slapping her arm in attempt to wake it up and Jordan was punching Shane's leg to watch him writhe in pain.

The only ones to seem perfectly alright were the Sullivan twins. I gawked at them as they stared at us in silence. Nash wore black pants with a dark blue sweater, he had his hands inside his pants' pockets. Nadia wore black leggings and a long dark blue tank top than reached past her thighs. Yes, their clothes matched. Was that a twin thing? I had no idea. They looked creepily perfect and neat. Were they going to kill us during our sleep? I narrowed my eyes at them.

"Ow! Fuck! My arm!" Jane whined behind me. Yes, she was coming with us. Why? I didn't know. Maybe it was Evan's revenge for letting Shane come.

"What's wrong?" Evan asked, closing the driver's door.

Jane turned to him, "I can't feel my arm, E." I mimicked her words without producing a sound. Helen was still inside the car, grabbing her purse. I was so focused on everyone that I hadn't taken a look around and when I did, I was dazzled.

If heaven really existed, then it was something similar to this place. Pine trees surrounded us, almost hiding the beautiful mountains all around us. The grass looked green and fresh. There were smaller trees next to the pines with flowers and unknown fruits for me. Cold wind brushed past us, and I took a deep breath in, its smell of pure nature made me close my eyes in delight. I walked to the guys, leaving whining Jane, Evan and Helen behind.

"Wow, this is amazing," Jason said and I couldn't agree more.

"Of course it is," Shane chimed in, "My father wouldn't buy a cabin in some ugly place. He wants the best for his family." I rolled my eyes.

Lau glared at him, "Yeah, yeah, we all know your folks have money, no need to rub it on our faces." I chuckled but when I looked at her, she averted her gaze. Still mad, huh?

Shane smiled, "Just saying." His expression turned serious when he glanced behind me, "Did she really have to come?" I knew he referred to Jane.

I shrugged, "I guess."

"I sensed some tension here," Nash commented, "Is one of the females menstruating? I heard hormones can alter women behavior," we all grimaced at his words. 

"Please, tell me he didn't just ask that," Jason mumbled.

"Ew!" Jordan made a face.

"Who says menstruating?" Lau asked to no one in particular.

Nadia smiled apologetically, "Sorry, he has no filter."

"What's menstruating?" Shane asked all of the sudden. I gave him a really look.

Nash opened his mouth to explain but Lau covered it, "We will explain to him later." she cut him off. When Nash nodded, she let go of him.

"What's going on?" Jane joined us, followed by my Evan and Helen, "Did we miss something?"

"Believe me, you didn't miss anything." Jason replied, "In fact, you better thank the Lord for not being here in the past two minutes."

Jane frowned, "I'm an atheist,"

"Oh," Jason whispered surprised, "Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I think it's cool you're an atheist, I mean, not cool like in a super cool and chick kind of way but more like- wait, I don't think cool is the right adjective," I sighed, he was rambling, he did when he was embarrassed, "I think it's interesting? And I totally respect your choice, and that you're brave enough to defend your position in the religion area, I-"

"Oh God, shut up!" Jane said annoyed, "I was joking. Jesus!" 

I glared at her, I was the only one to order my best friend to shut his mouth, no one else, especially not her.

"I think the tension is growing," Nash added once again, "I think someone is mestru-"

"Shut up!" we all yelled at him.

"Say that word again and I will slap you so hard your head will spin around for hours," Lau tended to get verbally violent sometimes.

Nash folded his arms across his chest, "That's impossible. If my head-"

"Nash," Nadia held his arm, "Enough, alright?"

"Thank you." I mouthed to her.

"Let's get our stuff to the cabin," Jordan ordered.

Shane led us hill up to the cabin. It was almost sunset and it felt like the clouds were coming down because there was white fog covering everywhere. It looked so much like a horror film, I loved it. I was shaking by the time we climbed up the front stairs of the cabin. Shane opened the door for us and we all rushed inside, it was cold outside and we had our jackets inside our bags.

The cabin was warm. Everything was made of wood: the floor, the table, the beds, the windows and the stairs. There was a chimney to the right and a bookshelf next to it. There were couches and beds, lots of them. I frowned, why were the beds in what it seemed to be the living room?

"My parents are restyling the second floor so we all have to stay down here," Shane explained, gesturing the beds, "There are two bathrooms down that hallway and a studio where we can watch movies. There's also an acclimatized pool in the back, the water is warm but with this weather, you may freeze when you get out of it." I stared at two king size beds, three singles ones and several mattresses standing and leaning against the wooden wall. We were all going to sleep in the same room, it was like a big pajama party. Fun? I didn't think so.

Why? Well, that is a long chain of reasons. Lau was mad at me. Helen was mad at Jason for calling her Laura during sex. Jane was mad at Shane for taking her virginity and being a jerk about it. Evan was mad at everyone for bringing Shane. I was mad at Evan for bringing Jane. Jason was mad at Jordan for eating his Doritos on the way and being Lau's boyfriend. Lau was also mad at Jason for confusing her. Nash was mad at all of us for not letting him being the nerd he was.

See? It didn't sound like fun.

And to make things better, I got a text from the creepy texter:

"The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool."

Stephen King is wise, don't you agree, Innocent Jules?

Great, just great. My birthday looked promising and not in the good way. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

935 64 113
Aquí te entrego una pequeña parte de mi corazón, todos mis latidos están transformados en papel, si viste este libro aceptas que te hable con el cora...
17.6K 116 9
The book hush hush what's written by Becca Fitzpatrick all you will find in this book its quotes and pictures of the book series
37.2K 1.7K 25
Abisinden şiddet gören bi kızın kurtulmak için bulduğu çözümle kendini çekişmeli bi aşkın içinde bulur...
491K 1.9K 61
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!