The Orchestra {Complete}

By carriescowbarn

{Complete} Throw in two best friends, a home-schooled newbie, a curly-haired boy, a jokester, a walking encyc... More

Prologue
1a: Side of Sass
1b: Coming to Town
2a: Hmm
2b: Here We Go
3a: Stress Disorder
3b: Don't Mind Me
4b: Beyond Enemy Lines
5a: I Didn't Learn That
5b: All Grown-Up
6a: I Speak Spanglish
6b: Totally Secret Agents
7a: Thanks For The Support
7b: I Don't Do Pigtails
8a: You Better Have Donuts
8b: Joys of Homecoming
9a: It Was Due Today
9b: We Take Mario Seriously
10a: Late Night Drives
10b: I'm Going To Shove
11a: You're Sentimental
11b: Who Runs The World
12a: We Wanna Party
12b: Oh, Suck It Up
13a: It's Been Decided
13b: Of Course I'm In
14a: Look At Yourself
14b: You're Stuck Up
15a: I'm Sleeping Fine
15b: Danielle
16a: Samantha
16b: Who Would Have Thought
Book 2: Chapter One

4a: I Didn't Sign Up

127 15 3
By carriescowbarn

Danielle

"Okay. Campfire!" I cheered as I set my lunch bag on our booth table.

"Please stop trying to make that a thing," Sam said sitting down next to me. I stuck my tounge out at her.

"But Tony Dinozzo says it!" I whined.

"Who?" Sam asked.

"You don't know who Tony Dinozzo is?" I asked. She needs to understand that my life revolves around NCIS. Well their re-runs do. Hello pointless weekends watching USA network.

"We go through this everytime. I stop listening to you after you start whining."

"Hmp."

Alex and Calvin arrived a moment later. "Hey Sami and Danni," Alex said.

"Please stop trying to make that a thing," I told him mocking Sam. She hit me.

"But your names rhyme!" He protested.

"You know what else rhymes?" I asked.

"Don't finish that sentence, I'm eating." Calvin said with his mouth full.

"I can't believe you can eat that. It's not even real chicken." Sam had a sour expression on her face.

"I can't believe you're eating that pasta, it's not even real pasta!" He countered. Sam gave him a look.

"Go bring your home lunches!" Alex cheered and I gave him a high five, I had broughten mine as well.

"Can I sit with you guys?" Minnie asked.

"Sure!" I said before anyone else. Calvin and Alex slid and made room for her on the end. I decided to make conversation. I'm good at doing that.

"Minnie, do you miss not going to West?" West was the school Minnie was supposed to go to but wanted to go to Central instead for academics and show choir. Not that I can blame her. West isn't known for much.

"Kinda, but this place is about ten times better. And I'm not too good in the friend making department."

"You just made four." She smiled at my comment.

"Thanks."

"Is Danielle being nice?" Calvin asked, shocked. I threw one of my carrots at him.

"Back to normal Danielle." He mumbled before taking another bite of his sandwich.

"I'm pretty cool, seventy-two percent of the time."

"I like your percentage." Minnie said. She's only eating a bagel. I could never survive on that. I'd need two bagels and maybe some chips and then some chocolate cake... Oh. Yes.

Alex turned to me, "How do you feel about Ross being gone, Danni?"

"I'm thrilled. I failed that test of his. I've only had him a week and I want to die."

Alex frowned, "But that test was so easy."

"Obviously not since Danni failed." Calvin said mockingly.

"Watch it," I threw another carrot.

"What was it on again?" Sam asked.

"Do you not listen-" she put her hand over my mouth.

Alex took his cue, "The eight fundamentals of biology." I licked her hand.

She wiped it on my arm. "You're welcome," I said with a smirk.

~~

"Go back to class!" The security guard yelled. We knew our cue. We all got out of our booth and headed to the first floor. Alex was in band so he just went to the room next door.

I began to skip, "I feel pretty, oh so pretty, and witty, and-"

Teddy cut me off, "ugly." I gave him a shove.

"Why do you people keep interrupting my happiness?"

"Because your bat-shit crazy." I heard a gasp and saw Cole with an 'o' shaped mouth.

I turned to face Bryce, "You wanna go?" I turned to walk toward him. He may be taller than me but i'l kick him in the jewels and he'd be down for the count.

"Uh. No." He rubbed his neck.

"Oh shit. Danni." Sam reached for me as I was about to walk toward him.

"Let me at him."

"Danni," Sam said in her motherly tone.

"Fine." She let me go.

"Need to keep you on a leash," Sam mumbled.

"I'm good." I sat in my chair and crossed my legs.

BLT walked into the room, "Today I will teach you the art of conducting." I swear he misses the best parts of orchestra.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his baton. "Everyone grab a pencil." 

"Can I use a pen?" Bryce asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Yes." He cleared his throat. "Watch me, and then we'll see what you have. We will start with 4/4 time and then move on to 3/4, 6/8, and my personal favorite, 1."

Wait. What?

"One two three four." He moved his hands In an awkward upside down 't' figure.

Is this a joke?

Up, down, left, right, down, left, up, right. I think.

"Danielle you're doing it backwards." BLT said walking over to me.

"Go figure," I said.

He took the end of my pencil. "One two three four."

I repeated, "one two three four."

Again, "one two three four."

And again, "uno dos tres cuatro." I started doing it in the right pattern, I think.

"Now that Danielle has decided to join us, come on up and direct the beginning of Highland Suite."

"Wait what?" I froze. Teddy and Calvin broke out into laughter.

"I'll even let you use my baton." He handed it to me.

"Fantastic." I took the step up to his podium and raised my hands. My classmates raised their instruments. This will either go well, or absolutely horrible. I'm going to go with horrible.

"One two three four." I raised my hands. "One two three four." Nobody played.

"Wait!" BLT interjected. He's about two measures too late, obviously. I have the score, so ha!

"What did I do now?" I asked. I felt violated, I had twenty-six eyes on me. I was wearing jean shorts, my favorite purple shirt and a plaid jacket. I still don't like being looked at, especially by Elijah, that creep. I shivered.

"You need to bring in the cellos not the violins, look at the score in front of you."

Don't tell me how to do my job.

Why am I doing this?

I sighed. I did not sign up for this.

"Take number two." I whispered to myself. At least I look like a fool in front of my friends.

I raised my hands. "One two three four." I turned to the cellos. Well just Charlotte. Tamicka hadn't shown up to class.

Okay, she followed my cue and came in and so I looked down at the score.

We come in on the fifth measure, so I turned to the rest of the seconds. "Danielle, you need to keep the beat." BLT said, standing next to me.

The orchestra stopped.

"Huh?" I asked.

"You stopped keeping the beat."

Facepalm please.

Just kill me now.

"Oh. Oops."

"Pick someone else to come on up and conduct." I couldn't read his face.

"Uh. Minnie." I scurried to my seat.

"Not one word Teddy." I held up my index finger. He was trying not to laugh.

"I just hope you're a better violinist than a conductor."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 1.9K 18
Ever wondered what it's like to be a boy? You're about to find out. Love isn't meant to be easy, everybody knows that, but is it meant to be this ha...
168 24 32
Note: This is my first original Wattpad creation. I know that there might be mistakes in some part but they are direct to understand. For the first f...
3.8K 401 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
18.5K 793 25
you are one of Lydia's students and a member of her orchestra story takes place in germany y/n is a 28 year old, your entire family passed away in a...