It happened over whiskey

By harshitabajaj_239

Love happens in the most unexpected situation with the most unexpected person. No one can agree to this more... More

|CAST|
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Epilogue

Chapter 2

580 24 0
By harshitabajaj_239

Amber’s POV:

“Ryan Parker”, I repeated the words in my head again and again as I saw him making his way out of the bar and in a few seconds he was out of sight. I just stood at the counter not realizing that I was there for a purpose.

The manager would screw me if he would see me daydreaming at such a time where I should run my hands faster than the wind. Just then my best friend Ethan, who also works at the same bar with me shook my shoulders bringing me out of my thoughts.

“He is watching”, he said while signalling towards the counter where the manager sat, his eyes towards me. I shook my head at him and got back to my work.

Ethan and I have been friends even before I can precisely remember. My mom and aunty Rose were batch mates in college and after they both got married it came as a surprise to them to be neighbours.

Ethan helped me settle here in New York as he moved a year before me. We share the same college and we are both designer students.

It was although tough to convince my mom to let me make my career as a designer as she would rather like me being a doctor or an engineer for that matter. It was almost midnight when my shift ended.

I was grabbing my bag when Ethan called from behind me. “Wanna crash at my place tonight?”, he said while cleaning the last set of glasses.

“Only if you have nachos and mayonnaise stacked up for me!”, I replied while sticking my tongue out. He laughed at my reply before holding my hand and taking me out of the bar.

We were sitting on his bed while watching ‘Teen wolf’ which Ethan was obsessed with. I had already watched the goddamn series a hundred times with him, enough to remember certain dialogues.

I was munching on a packet of nachos while Ethan was hogging on some ice cream. He was telling me something that happened at the bar today when I completely zoned out.

I couldn’t get Ryan Parker out of my head the entire time since he left the bar. What was he doing in the bar when the man certainly had one of the size twice of ours at his own place?

I could remember how his hair was properly gelled and they looked so perfect as if he had just got out from a salon. His grey eyes looked sad yet had the capacity of drowning someone completely.

He had a perfect sharp jawline and I felt that if I would run my finger over it, it might slice it open. And how can I forget those thin lips that could make anyone crave them over and over again.

I mean the man is the definition of a sex god. I smiled at my own thoughts.

“Repeat what I just said”, came a voice that I quickly remembered to be of someone whom I call my best friend. “Uhmm… I am sorry. I wasn’t paying attention”, I said while biting my lower lip.

“What is it that caught your attention even when I am saying something so important?”, he said while taking the packet from my hand. I quickly retrieved my bag of chips from him and said, “Yes…You are interested in some guy from the bar whom you know nothing about and still believe that what if he is the one for you and you are missing out on him just because you are shy enough to initiate the conversation. Is this the important thing that you are talking about?”

I said all of this in a single breath and  was proud of myself when I saw the reaction on his face. He looked at me with his big brown eyes and said, “How did you know this when you said that you weren’t even listening?”

I laughed at his puppy face reaction and after pinching his cheeks I said, “Because you always talk about these things only. Do you remember the last time we were at your place? You were talking about that guy Donald whom you saw in the washroom and even asked for his number just to later find out that he wasn’t gay.” He hid his face in his palms before saying, “Am I seriously turning into some desperate but cute gay who needs to get laid?”

I hugged him before saying, “Awww! Don’t worry honey. You’ll meet someone soon.” Just then the doorbell rang indicating that our pizza was here.

I jumped off the bed and went running towards the door before grabbing my wallet from the couch. It was almost 3 in the morning by the time we ate the pizza and laid lazily on the bed.

We had already completed watching two episodes of Teen Wolf but still Ethan looked fresh as a flower. I was yawning when he slapped me on my mouth.

“You motherfucker!”, I yelled while throwing a pillow at his face. “So how was work today?”, Ethan asked me while running his hand through my hair while I rested my head in his lap.

“The usual”, I said, my eyes still locked on the screen. A few minutes later I asked him, breaking the silence in the room, “Do you know Ryan Parker?”

He took a sip of his coke before replying dryly, “The business hulk Ryan Parker? Who doesn’t know him? The man is the most successful businessman of today’s era with his company’s net worth in millions. And how can someone forget the perfect face that looks like an artist’s work?” I smiled remembering how jaw dropping he looked back at the bar.

“He came in the bar today”, I said while rolling a strand of hair around my index finger. “Yeah. He comes around a few times in the week. Ruskin used to serve him”, he said while switching off the television.

As soon as I listened his words I got up from my sleeping position and ended up screaming at Ethan, “Why didn’t you tell me this before?” He shrugged his shoulders at my unusual behaviour and said, “Why do you care? The guy is off limits and also he is practically married with some model. I am sure right now also he might be having a great time fucking her senselessly.”

He then looked at the wall maybe imagining them having a merry time. I folded my legs while folding my arms at my chest at the same time and said, “Stop drooling over those gross thoughts. And I am obviously not asking you this because I am interested.”

He chuckled and said, “Oh then enlighten me with the possible reason for your sudden interest in Ryan Parker?” I tried hard to hide my blush from my face and continued speaking  while forming my lips into a straight line, “Just that now when I am kept in Ruskin’s place and he was the one to offer him the drinks I just wanted to know in advance what was his usual drink.”

He shook his head in amusement and said, “If only I was so good to trynna make excuses! But if you are really interested in him we can try to get him take a divorce from his barbie wife.” I punched him on the shoulder and said, “Oh you wish you could do that.”

He caught both my hands in his and replied with a grin, “I would have called dibs on him but the guy is allegedly straight. So you can have him if he’s ever available. Let’s pray to Jesus for that to happen in this life.” I groaned at his words and slept on the bed while thinking about the same man who had currently set a house in my head.

It was 5:00 in the morning and Ethan was peacefully asleep right next to me. I had to get up for college in the next two hours and there was no sign of sleep in my eyes.

I tossed left to right and waited impatiently for sleep to take over me. I could hear the soft snores of Ethan and I just chuckled at the fact that his mouth was opening slightly every now and then.

I sighed while getting up from the bed and made my way to the study table. I switched on the laptop and began surfing through my Facebook.

Suddenly, my fingers guided me to Google and in the next moment I was typing the name that I so desperately wanted to forget. As soon as I typed ‘Ryan Parker’ in the search box, I was met with a thousand pictures of him.

His pictures did no justice to the person he was in real. He definitely looked more sexy in person.

I read about how he had received the “Queen’s award for enterprise” just three months back. I saw him with some lady receiving the award and I couldn’t believe my eyes.

She was Khloe, the vogue model. She was extravagantly beautiful and the best in her field.

How could I fail to relate them together when I have been fangirling behind Khloe since I entered into designing. Our professor always says us that no matter how moderate your designs are, the model plays a major role in carrying the dress with tact and grace.

And who does it better than Khloe? I have seen her pulling some crappy dresses with such elegance that I ultimately ended up praising the designer for the same dress that seemed crappy to me just before Khloe wore it.

The couple was also involved into a lot of charity and were the main sponsors of the fundraising event of the government. According to the internet, they also had a lot of properties in New York, LA and also London.

I was in complete awe when I scanned the few pictures and videos of one of the events where Khloe walked the ramp with Ryan. He looked nothing less than a model himself.

My eyes were fixed on the screen as I rummaged through the pictures on the screen. “What are you doing so early in the morning? Come back to bed”, Ethan said while rubbing his eyes and patting on the space next to him.

His hoarse voice made me jump a little in my place. I looked at the watch and it was 6:30 already.

I had been gawking at this ridiculously handsome man and his perfect life with a wife who is no less than an angel for the past 1.5 hrs. I closed the laptop and went back to bed with a single thought in my head.

I was definitely turning pyscho behind this man whom I had just met once. Does he have this effect on everyone who lay their eyes on him or is it just me who is losing my mind?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello guyss! Welcome 🔙 So Amber is a complete fan of Ryan since she saw him at the bar. And who wouldn't honestly? You'll have seen the guy in the cast and who will I be kidding if I state him anything less than what he is. He is devilishly handsome and god bless Amber's eyes for having seen him in real. Okay okay! Let's get back to the point. My next update will be on Thursday. Do not forget to vote for my story and do share it with your friends and family. Bubye❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.2K 1.5K 33
After years of ups and down, Ryan William is left all alone even though he's surround by a lot of people. Choosing his love over the girl everyone th...
8.7K 761 46
"Wanna dance?" I smirked. "Lead the way." He smirked back. I tugged him seductively on his shirt and made my way to the dance floor. I placed both...
3.8K 66 16
Quinn Parker moves from coast to coast to pursue her dream of becoming a photographer. Will she find love along the way? Will tragedy strike and the...
776K 29.4K 42
Everywhere becomes silent as every single pair of eyes turn to us and although I'm used to attention, it's never been in this type of situation and I...