The Billionaire's Personal Sh...

By ShafiraSardar

Nina Merigold found her calling. She loves her job as Mr. Blackwood's personal shopper. As his personal shopp... More

Miss Merigold
Merigold Family Dinner
Kristen, The Hairdresser
Mr. Blackwood's Ruined Shirts
Kiss The Sexy Vampire
Brotherly Advice
Killer in a Slasher Movie
Bad Kisser
Sweet and Mischievous
The Promise
Speak of The Devil
Lucifer Himself
Coffee with Owen
Jacob's Challenge
Compel The Demon
Dress to Seduce
Orange Drab
Owen, The Sweetheart
My People
This Man I Love
The Games We Play
The Proposal
Ten Years From Now
The Ugly Side of Things
Generous Offer
No Regrets
The Family's Support
Huge Diamond Ring
The Little Changes of Jacob Blackwood
Money is Everything
Point Made, Sweetheart
Needy Kiss
Kids
Cute Jake
His Sex Drive
Sharing The Love
Christmas Deal
Soft Kisses and Gentle Touches
The Softer Side of Jacob
Loving Touch
Hot Santa
Christmas Dinner
Wet Sheets
Zombie Nina
His Gentle Embrace
Celebrate Us
Queen Nina Merigold
Mrs. Blackwood
Epilogue

The Video

39.2K 1.5K 60
By ShafiraSardar

Mom asked me to accompany her to her usual spa to groom for tonight's benefit gala. I had to look perfect for tonight so I couldn't refuse. I accepted her invitation and let Joel drive me around town. He mentioned he liked driving me around a lot more. It could be because the atmosphere wasn't tense whenever I was seated in the back seat of his car. Jacob was a different story. He was no fun when someone didn't remind him not to be glued to his phone or talk business all day.

"You should give me a call when you're ready to leave, Miss Merigold," Joel told me in that polite voice which annoyed me so much.

"Nina." I corrected him.

"I'll get it right somaeday." I could hear the smile in his voice.

He would never get it right because I was marrying Jacob Blackwood. No matter how many times I would correct him he'd always speak to me in that polite tone. It was in his nature. It was probably insensitive of me to try and push him so I needed to stop it.

"Okay, I'll give you a call," I promised him.

He got out of the car first to open the door for me. Grabbing my things I climbed out of the car and met up with mom at the reception desk. She looked more than ready to start her grooming day. A very helpful employee was assigned to us to give us the VIP experience. Private rooms and getting served lunch and having healthy juices. This was mom's favorite place to wind down at and the staff knew exactly how she liked things. It made things a lot easier for us.

"Let me guess." Mom and I were getting an essential oil massage to recharge, "You're going for a manicure and a pedicure and that's it."

I glanced at mom, "I like the way they do my nails."

Mom eyed me suspiciously, "So how did Jacob respond to our family dinner last night?"

She was trying to interrogate me about the man who she wasn't certain about at first. She told me to go after what I wanted but I had a feeling she preferred me with Jacob instead of Lucas despite the gentle guy being her friend's son. It had a lot more to do with status and money than his personality. Everyone could agree that Jacob wasn't exactly good company. Yet she seemed to like to baby him more than she did with Nick. It was embarrassing.

"It was okay."

"Did he say that?" Mom continued, not getting the hint.

I couldn't deal with this but I couldn't exactly freak out about her being too obvious about her liking toward the guy.

"Look, mom, Jacob isn't exactly the warmest person on the planet, okay? It was dinner and it went fine. He doesn't mind it but that's it."

Mom still didn't get the hint, she brushed my words off with a flick of her hand, "He will get used to us. He didn't say he hated spending time with your family so I don't see a problem here. Just give him time."

I sat up which made the woman who was helping untie the knots in my back step back immediately, I felt sorry for doing that but I couldn't listen to this preaching about how to deal with Jacob Blackwood from someone who didn't know the guy at all. Even if she was my mother.

"I am giving him time." I told her and smiled at the woman who patiently waited, pretending not to listen into our conversation, "I'm ready to get my nails done." I let the woman know.

Spa day wasn't exactly fun for me since all mom wanted to talk about was Jacob. I was marrying the guy and I wasn't that obsessed with him. I was getting tired of the subject and was actually grateful when spa day with mom ended so I could go home wash my hair and get ready for tonight. Have afternoon tea with Mrs. Quake who was at the moment better company than mom.

***

Jacob joined me around five which had been enough time for me to do my hair and makeup. I wore a long silver gown which was skin tight and showed off my curves. My hair I wore down I could use my hair to hide from the world if I needed to. Jacob strolled out of the bathroom and eyed me up and down.

"You always do impress me."

I turned to look at him, shifting from side to side to show off the dress, "I do look good, don't I?"

He chuckled, stepping close to me and wrapping an arm around my waist, "So good you tempt me to show up late at my own event."

"But not good enough to actually make you-" I trailed off.

He brushed my locks behind my ear, his eyes glittering with amusement. He was definitely not tempted to take me to bed with him. He was just telling me what I wanted to hear once again. With this man, I never knew when he meant something and when he was saying sweet nothings just to keep me pleased.

"Nina, don't ever doubt the effect you have on me." He whispered.

He didn't give me time to ponder about that, he kissed my temple and pulled away from me. I understood that he didn't want to mess up my makeup. The press would take a lot of pictures tonight, he wanted me to look perfect. I couldn't argue with him on that one since I didn't want to look like the type of woman who was only charmed by Jacob because of his appearance and the sex. If I looked like I messed around with him before the gala people would talk, the harsh words dad mentioned to me in concern last night would echo through the fancy ballroom of the hotel the gala was being held at.

"We should go," I whispered.

He turned to face the tall mirror and fixed his already perfectly gelled hair, "My team is taking care of the PR tonight. If Fenna does decide to come out with another story or try and show up at the gala to ruin the night they'll handle it."

"I trust you."

He tensed up, I could tell his shoulders were slightly raised while his face became the impassive mask other people were used to looking at. It was the face he showed me whenever he was displeased with me. I didn't think my words would have affected him that much but apparently, I was wrong. Almost mechanically he turned to look at me, his eyes blown wide while his eyebrows were raised.

"Good." He muttered, his voice shaky.

He held his hand out to me, a slow yet gentle smile spread across his face. It made him look more human, more approachable. I stepped forward without hesitation and took his hand. He looked happy about that, his eyes warming up to me. He leaned forward and brushed his lips against mine.

"I trust you too." He whispered he pulled away as fast as he leaned in, "Get your things and meet me downstairs." He let go of me and walked past me pretending that moment never happened.

It happened though and I wouldn't pretend it never happened.

I grabbed the long grey coat to throw over my outfit so I wouldn't freeze to death and then collected my bag and essentials. I joined Jacob at the elevator ready to leave for our social night. Mrs. Quake came running toward us which made my fiancé tense up beside me.

"Are you okay?" He asked her.

It was almost cute how concerned he looked. So he did care about his staff he just never showed it due to his emotionless face.

"I'm fine." She snorted, "I just need to take a picture of you two." She grinned, "You look so beautiful together. How can I let this opportunity pass."

I smiled, feeling a bit shy she was behaving like this was our prom night. Jacob rolled his eyes at Mrs. Quake but he didn't tell her off. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close to him, both of us facing Mrs. Quake.

"Smile, you two."

We both smiled letting Mrs. Quake take our picture. She looked excited about it. She squealed and nearly jumped up and down, thankfully she didn't because that would make me feel even more awkward.

"I'm sending this to you now, it's a beautiful picture."

"Thank you." I waved at her when the elevator doors slid open and stepped inside after Jacob. We both wished Mrs. Quake a good night and faced each other when the doors slid closed.

"I don't know why she's making such a big deal out of this." He muttered.

I smiled at him, leaning into his side, "It's a good thing, trust me."

He snorted, shaking his head at me, "Every time." He whispered.

Wrapping an arm around my waist he held me to his side, smiling as I whispered sweet nothings to him about tonight. Just a few flirtatious comments to keep the night exciting for both of us. Hopefully, the promise of what would await him when we got back home would make him behave more human.

***

The opening speech Jacob gave went smoothly, he enchanted everyone with his smile and the gentle tone he spoke in. I could have fallen in love with him then. But I knew now that it was all an act. There were parts of it which he meant but he didn't care much about the people in the room. They were just the means to fulfill an end he envisioned. My family sat with me at a table in the front. Mom flashed me proud smiles every now and then. Dad paid attention to what Jacob was saying and thankfully didn't behave differently around me just because I was marrying the guy on the stage. And well Nick he looked unimpressed.

"And finally I'd like to take this opportunity to announce my engagement to Nina Merigold. We've gotten engaged earlier this week." He smiled when people started to applaud and congratulate him, "Thank you." He said firmly in hopes to quiet down the crowd, "We're going to get married next year. I will let you know when the time comes. For now please enjoy your night."

It was very formal but so very fitting for Jacob Blackwood.

"I'm happy for you." Mom told me with stars in her eyes.

I knew she meant it so I couldn't stay mad at her. She meant well, she was just overwhelmed by the fact that Jacob Blackwood would become her son-in-law. His accomplishments so young in life meant everything to her. It meant nothing to me.

"Thank you."

Nick smiled at mom yet his smile looked so threatening it even made me shiver, "They aren't married yet." He pointed out.

Mom threw him a glare going on about this not being the time and place for conversations like that. I didn't back mom up despite her throwing me expectant looks. Nick was right, we weren't married yet and anything could happen. Not wanting to be part of this awkward conversation I excused myself. Grabbing my clutch I made my way to the bathroom, knowing I could redo my lipstick after that glass of champagne I had. I noticed how people were staring at me as I passed them. The stares look full of pity and some stares were more menacing. It was out of place after the announcement Jacob made. Dad warned me that people could be harsh at these social events but now I was witnessing it for myself and felt the urge to run. I didn't. I kept my head held high as I pushed through the door of the ladies room and made my way to the sink. As I was fixing my hair and makeup I noticed one bold woman who came to stand beside me and redo her lipstick as well.

"I know things might be rough right now, but at least you have him, right?"

I dropped my lipstick on the counter which slowly rolled down and fell in the sink. The woman looked happy about that.

"Excuse me?"

She turned to look at me, "Congratulations, Miss Merigold." She smirked.

She collected her things and left, swaying her hips from side to side as if she was a model at a fashion show. I wanted to calm myself down and pretend her words meant shit but was rudely interrupted by Jacob barging through the door, scaring the ladies around me with his sudden presence.

"Nina, come with me for a second."

Not wanting to make a scene in the ladies room I grabbed my clutch and took his hand, forgetting all about that nude colored lipstick I adored. Jacob held my hand tightly in his as he guided me through the crowd. People were looking at us but he didn't seem to care. He walked with me to the lobby which confused me.

"Nick?"

My brother stood there with my coat in hand and quickly wrapped it around my shoulders, "It's cold outside. You should wear more than a flimsy dress when heading out there." He muttered.

The message came across. Nick did not approve of this dress.

"What's going on?" I asked the two men who were sharing looks and having a silent conversation.

Nick smiled at me, "I'll explain things in the car."

I faced Jacob and grabbed onto his bicep when he wanted to step back, "Jacob, I'm not leaving until you tell me what's going on."

He took my hand off his bicep but surprised both Nick and me when he kissed my wrist, "You trust me, remember?"

I sighed, knowing that he needed me to leave so I would leave. Nick was there beside me so it couldn't be a horrible idea. Jacob stepped forward and kissed me, not even worried about Nick and other people being around and staring at us.

"Do you have to do this now?" Nick muttered.

Jacob pulled away from me and stepped back, "Nick will be with you. He'll explain things in the car."

I let my brother lead me outside, the minute we walked out cameras were flashing left and right. A lot of questions were thrown my way. I heard something about a video and someone calling Jacob a liar. Fenna must have gone public once again.

"Ignore them," Nick told me.

Joel opened the door to the backseat and helped me climb inside. Once Nick was seated beside me we moved away from the hotel. Joel was efficient about it like he had done this a million times over. I faced my brother, expecting him to start talking.

"That assistant of his released the video of them having sex in his office."

My heart dropped to my stomach, "W-What?"

Nick sighed, sounding very tired about this whole ordeal, "She placed a camera in his office and filmed everything that happened. Since the case was settled she wasn't happy about it."

I felt my food coming back up but I contained myself, "She isn't happy about this wedding."

Nick nodded, "Jacob and his team are on this. She's not getting away with it." He promised me.

I leaned back in my seat, knowing that woman won. It didn't matter what Jacob and his team did to control this mess that video would be out there forever.

"It will be out there forever, Nick." I whispered, "There is nothing out there which can fix this mess. We just need to endure and show her that we're stronger than this. Jacob and I won't roll over and let this destroy us. We'll destroy that woman instead."

Nick looked at me in awe, "Wow, that's something I never thought my sister would be capable of saying out loud."

I smiled at him, "I'm not letting her get away with this."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 222K 72
When plain simple nerdy Emma Cole goes to Hollen Tower for an interview she quickly realizes she is out of her league. The women of Hollen Tower are...
99.4K 7.8K 83
Cecilia Atwood has lived a life of complete privilege. Her father is a night club tycoon. Her mother has always been the best mother to her and her b...
1.1K 85 47
Like every other book worm, Tamina used to have that dream where a man would swoop in and buy that desired book, and that is how she meets Brandon. N...
519 3 1
Gullible and trusting, Regina "Nina" Conners can't get enough of Gabriel Alexander. He's smart, sexy and lights a fire in her she never knew she had...