Merciful - TVD [2]

By arios2004

"Some women fear the fire. Some women simply become it." TVD - Seasons 3 + 4 More

CAST
EPIGRAPH
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
SEASON FOUR
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58

39

2.4K 85 11
By arios2004

Days had passed and the night that Klaus killed the hybrids, it didn't end up being his only victim. He killed Tyler's mom that evening as well.

Mallory felt guilty, of course, for Klaus doing such a thing to Tyler. However, she knew that two years ago, if she had been in Klaus' position and someone like Tyler betrayed her, she would have most definitely done something like Klaus had to claim vengeance.

She and Klaus weren't all that different in that way. Mallory just had a better time at hiding that part of herself from those around her.

"Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness, in times of tragedy, leads healing," Sheriff Forbes addressed those sitting in the stands of the high school's gym during Carol Lockwood's memorial.

Mallory sat beside Tyler, who remained silent during the entire thing.

"That one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader?" Liz continued on and Mallory sighed deeply, "And Carol was so much more than just a mayor. She was...an open-minded friend, and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

"Screw this," Tyler suddenly muttered under his breath, unable to take it anymore.

Mallory looked up, watching as he stood up before leaving the scene. She was on the verge of chasing after him, but decided against it. He was grieving and he wanted to do it alone. She needed to let him do just that.

_____

That day at school, Mallory was walking through the hallways with Caroline. Caroline ended up getting a call from Stefan, which she was quick to put on speaker. "Hey, you're on speaker. Mallory's here," She told him before Mallory spoke up.

"You just missed the mandatory all-school assembly, you idiot," Mallory complained in an annoyed tone, "If I'm here, it means you need to be too."

"Well, that's because I'm at a Mandatory all-alone drinking party," Stefan retorted, an eye roll from Mallory.

"And you didn't invite me?" Mallory asked, letting out a large scoff.

"Seriously?!" Caroline exclaimed in frustration after hearing Stefan's words, "You decided to go on a ripper bender now?"

"My brother slept with Elena," Stefan stated in annoyance, "Kind of puts a little bit of a damper on things."

"First of all, you are not supposed to know that," Caroline complained while Mallory's eyes widened since she hadn't known, "Second of all..."

"Second of all..." Mallory spoke up, butting into the conversation, "Tyler is already spiraling, and he gets priority from me and Caroline by association."

"His Mother just died, Mal," Stefan argued in an annoyed tone, "What did you expect?"

"Well, maybe he shouldn't have been an idiot and listened to me. Perhaps then his mother wouldn't have died," Mallory retorted with an attitude, causing Caroline to stare at her in disbelief.

"Mal!" She scolded her friend as she stared at her with wide eyes.

"What, Care? It's true," Mallory complained as she sighed in a frustrated tone, "I sympathize with him, I do. I'm his girlfriend, after all. But how the bloody hell am I supposed to help him when he won't even talk to me? Instead, he's all angry and it doesn't help that everyone keeps referring to his mother's death as an accident, which is just a polite way of saying that she was drunk out of her mind."

"You think Klaus killed her?" Stefan suddenly asked Mallory scoffed.

"I don't think it, Stefan. I know it," Mallory replied with an attitude.

"She has a point," Caroline spoke up, agreeing with Mallory, "I don't think she drowned in a martini glass. Just get it together, Stefan. Mal and I can't do it alone."

With that, Caroline hung up the phone and turned to Mallory, sighing in defeat.

____

Hours had passed and still, Caroline and Mallory were together. However, their time together was soon interrupted when Stefan called Mallory.

"I'm only ready to talk to you if you're done being a lovesick fool," Mallory answered the phone with an annoyed look on her face.

"Is Caroline with you?" Stefan asked, causing Caroline and Stefan to exchange a look.

"Yeah, why?" Mallory replied and Stefan was quick to speak again.

"How would the two of you like to drive the white oak stake through Rebekah's heart?" Stefan suddenly questioned, causing Mallory and Caroline's eyes to widen in shock.

"If it means you're not drinking your way through the Mystic Grill, sure," Caroline responded while Mallory remained silent, not knowing how she felt about killing Rebekah.

She disliked Rebekah, of course, but she didn't much like the idea of killing an entire bloodline of vampires along with her.

_____

Despite being hesitant to do so, Mallory and Caroline found themselves walking through the hallways of the high school. Caroline held the white oak stake in her hands, which was what Mallory didn't understand.

If anyone was going to succeed in killing Rebekah, it would be her. Out of everyone in Mystic Falls, she was the one closest to the original in age by a long shot.

The female duo glanced through the halls, searching for Rebekah. Just then, as Caroline texted Stefan about the second floor being clear, they suddenly turned to see someone speed past them at vampire speed.

Just then, before they could react, Rebekah sped over to them, too quick for them to defend themselves.

Rebekah ended up dragging them to the library, where April Young and Elena sat. Mallory found herself rolling her eyes, feeling as though she should have killed April when she had the chance. Perhaps then they wouldn't have had to deal with Rebekah.

Rebekah ended up compelling them all, not knowing that Mallory was on vervain and always had been. However, she went with it, not wanting to give it away for something she actually had the chance of surviving.

Not to mention, there was no way she was leaving Caroline, who had been compelled.

Just then, the doors opened and Rebekah dragged Stefan in as well, tightly gripping onto his arm. "Stefan!" Elena exclaimed, attempting to stand up from her seat.

"Did I say you could move?" Rebekah asked Elena with an attitude, "Class is in session. You've all been compelled. You know the rules. Answer my questions honestly, no disobedience, no one leaves. April, my sweet, take notes. This is how you get answers in this town."

Mallory frowned, nearly laughing when she saw that April was actually beginning to take notes. She had taken it too literally.

"Let's start with a little quiz," Rebekah continued on as she paced around the room, "In the year 1114, my brother learned, thanks to yours truly, about a brotherhood of vampire hunters with tattoos that grew with each kill. And these tattoos reveal what? Elena?"

"A map," Elena replied, trying to contain her annoyance.

"Which led to, Caroline?" Rebekah questioned in a calm tone.

"A cure for vampirism," She answered, exchanging a look with Mallory.

"Perfect. We're all caught up," Rebekah commented, smiling in satisfaction, "Stefan Salvatore, the last time we saw each other, you had a vampire hunter, but in order to decode the map, you needed the location of the hunter's sword, which you got out of me using some very dirty tricks. Assuming you found the sword, you must have found the cure, and yet, you're all still vampires, which means something went wrong."

Rebekah turned to April, an annoyed look on her face. "What are you doing?"

"You asked me to take notes," April answered, causing Mallory to snort.

"I wasn't being literal, darling," Rebekah told her, giving Mallory an annoyed look, "But now that you mention it, a flow chart would be nice, which means index cards and push pins. Go fetch."

April immediately stood up and walked off while Mallory was quick to speak up. "You're wasting your time," She complained in an annoyed tone, "We don't know anything."

"So you just gave up?" Rebekah asked, letting out a large scoff, "Perhaps you would have, but Stefan never would."

"Mallory's right. We don't know anything," Stefan spoke up, agreeing with his sister.

"I thought you'd do anything to save Elena, even if it meant taking the cure yourself so you could grow old and die with her," Rebekah explained, purposely taunting Stefan.

Stefan and Elena's eyes widened. They turned to each other, exchanging an uneasy look. Rebekah didn't know that they broke up.

"What do you look so surprised?" Rebekah asked Elena in an annoyed tone, only to have the whole group remain silent, "I'm missing something. What is it?"

"They broke up, okay?" Caroline finally decided to speak up, causing Rebekah to smile in satisfaction, "Now let us go."

"Broke up?" Rebekah asked, smiling widely at the news, "Wait. I'm confused. I thought Elena was your epic love, Stefan," She explained as she took a seat in April's vacant chair, "I asked you what happened and you have to tell me."

"She slept with Damon," Stefan suddenly stated, causing Mallory to facepalm herself while Caroline sighed in defeat.

Elena slowly turned to Caroline, who avoided eye contact with her. Caroline had told him.

"So vampire Elena is a trollop who likes bad boys, which explains why Stefan reeks of Alchohol," Rebekah spoke up after a moment of silence as she stood up from her seat, "But what it doesn't explain is why sweet, loving, innocent Elena could be so heartless towards Stefan. How could she hurt like that? Answer, please."

"She didn't know it at the time, but she was sired to Damon," Stefan admitted, a disappointed look on his face.

"A sire bond. Fascinating," Rebekah widely grinned as she sat between Stefan and Elena, "And what do you think about, Elena?"

"I think you're sad and bored and in desperate need of a hobby," She complained as she hatefully glared at Rebekah.

"You're hiding something," Rebekah argued, beginning to compel Elena, "Fess up."

"I didn't sleep with Damon because of his sire bond. I slept with Damon because I'm in love with him," She suddenly confessed, causing the entire group to stare at her in shock.

"What does any of this have to do with the stupid cure?" Caroline broke the silence, much to Mallory's relief.

"You're right," Rebekah sighed as she turned to glance at Caroline, "We got off the point. Stefan, how do I find the cure? Unless you'd rather talk about Damon and Elena all day."

"There's a professor," Stefan replied in a calm tone, "He knows where the cure is."

"Thank you. And, uh, where do I find this professor?" Rebekah questioned, glancing around at the group.

___

With Mallory's luck, soon after making a call to someone to fetch the professor, Rebekah stole Mallory's phone and ended up calling Tyler on it.

"I told you, Mal, I don't want to talk," Tyler answered the phone in an annoyed tone.

Rebekah smirked, holding the phone to her ear as she gave Mallory a taunting look. "I heard. You're keeping all that rage bottled up inside. Mallory's worried sick about you."

"Rebekah?" Tyler called out, speaking in a deeply confused tone.

"Hello, Tyler," Rebekah replied, a large smile on her face, "I heard my brother made a real mess of your life. Believe me, I can relate. You have my condolences. In fact, why don't come down to the high school so you can accept them in person?"

"And why would I do that?" Tyler asked Rebekah with an attitude.

"Because I have your girlfriend," Rebekah informed Tyler, much to his alarm, "Maybe you have a better shot at saving her than you did your mother."

"Tyler, don't do it—" Mallory attempted to stand up from her seat, only to have Rebekah vamp-sped over to her before she forced her back down in her seat.

"Bye now," Rebekah told Tyler before she hung up the phone. She stared down at Mallory, an amused look on her face, "You're not on vervain..." She realized, causing Stefan, Elena, and Caroline to look up in concern, "Now, what are we going to do about that?"

"Nothing," Mallory smiled up at Rebekah, a satisfied look on her face.

"And what makes you think that?" Rebekah asked Mallory threateningly as she roughly grabbed her by the neck.

Mallory stared up at Rebekah, continuing to smile mischievously. "Tell me, who was it you sent to fetch the professor?" She asked and suddenly, as if on cue, the door opened and Kol entered.

"Sister..." He trailed off, greeting Rebekah with a smile on his face, "Look at this. You're even worse than Klaus."

"Kol..." Mallory managed to speak up as Rebekah finally let go of her, "Please."

Just then, Kol's smile faded at the sight of Mallory. "What is Mallory doing here?" He asked, a genuinely concerned look on his face.

"None of your business," Rebekah argued, beginning to realize while Mallory had been so confident about not being tortured by her, "Did you bring what I asked for?"

"I'm not answering until you tell me what she's doing here," Kol argued with an attitude, much to Rebekah's annoyance.

"Fine, I'm just having a bit of fun. Nothing important," Rebekah replied with an attitude, "Now, did you bring what I asked for?"

Kol rolled his eyes. He reached outside of the library and a few moments later, Professor Shane appeared next to Kol. He glanced around, a puzzled look on his face.

"You must be Shane," Rebekah greeted him, a large smile on his face.

"Now..." Kol trailed off as he walked past Shane and over to Mallory, "If we're doing this, she is coming with us."

"She's my plaything, not yours," Rebekah argued with an attitude.

"Not anymore," Kol replied, a smirk on his face as he gestured for Mallory to stand up.

Mallory stared at Rebekah as she rose from her seat, a taunting look on her face. "I'll be back for you, Care. You have my word," She spoke up, turning to glance at Caroline, "No offense, Stefan, Elena."

Kol chuckled, leading Mallory away with Rebekah and the Professor.

_____

Moments later, Mallory accompanied Kol and Rebekah as they led Shane into a janitor's closet. Kol roughly shoved him forward, causing Shane to stumble.

"Kol and Rebekah Mikaelson, two members of the original family. And the infamous Mallory Montague turned Salvatore," Shane stated, glancing between the three of them in shock, "This is such a trip."

Rebekah stepped toward Shane, who was smiling. "Where's the cure?"

"Compulsion won't work," He informed her, a fascinated look on his face, "It's a little trick I picked up in Tibet."

Mallory glanced around, sighing in frustration. "Might I suggest an easier method that any sane person reacts to?" She suddenly asked, causing Kol and Rebekah to turn to her, "Torture."

"Right, I'm starting to understand why Kol and Klaus are so fond of you," Rebekah rolled his eyes while Kol smiled in satisfaction after hearing Mallory's suggestion, "Kol, beat him until he tells you where to find it."

"Mallory, you're welcome to join," Kol proposed as Rebekah left the room.

Mallory sighed, causing him to give her a curious look. "My friends wouldn't like that," She replied, only to find herself drawn to the idea of being her old self, "Screw that. I don't even want Elena to have the cure."

Kol stepped back, smirking as Mallory walked toward Shane in a threatening manner. She roughly grabbed him by the hair, just before shoving him in a large sink filled with water.

"Where is the cure?" Kol asked him in a threatening tone while Mallory continued to nearly drown the man, "Where...is the cure?"

As they raised him from the water, the duo turned, watching as Rebekah entered the room once more. He didn't answer again, leading to Kol gesturing for Mallory to do it once more.

She rolled her eyes in boredom, shoving the man's face in the water once more. She turned to look at Rebekah, who looked confused as to why she was helping Kol. "I don't much like this man anyway," She confessed, earning a smile from both Mikaelson vampires.

"You're human," Rebekah complained to Shane as Mallory brought him above the water once more, "Why do you want it anyway?"

"That's the beauty of this," Shane confessed, panting for breath, "You can have it. I just want Silas."

"No!" Kol suddenly exclaimed, roughly snatching Shane out of Mallory's grasp to look him in the eyes, "What do you know about Silas?"

Mallory tensed up as she watched Kol closely. He almost looked to be afraid. And if Kol was afraid, there must have been a reason to be so as well.

"He's the world's first immortal being, who just happens to be imprisoned with the cure. And I want to free him," He explained and Mallory frowned when she saw how angry Kol looked.

"No!" Kol suddenly shouted, shoving Shane's face back into the water.

"Stop!" Rebekah demanded when moments passed and Kol still didn't bring Shane back up.

Kol roughly shoved the man forward before backing away from him. He walked to stand beside Mallory, a furious look on his face.

"He's no use dead!" Rebekah complained to her brother, an aggravated look on her face.

"Did you not heart what he said?" Kol snapped at Rebekah, much to Mallory's confusion, "Silas will kill us all, sister."

"Silas does not exist," Rebekah argued in annoyance, "He is a fairy tale made up to scare children into eating their vegetables."

"Silas is very real," Shane suddenly spoke up, causing the group to turn their attention to him, "I know where he is buried, and soon I'll have the spell that wakes him."

"Wait a second. You're lying," Kol argued, shaking his head in disagreement, "You can't get to him without his—"

"Without his tombstone?" Shane questioned, much to Kol's alarm, "Dozens to die in a blood sacrifice? Believe me, I know. I've done it. Those massacres are a pain to engineer."

"You're the one who got the council blown up and the one behind Hayley's betrayal that caused Klaus to lose twelve of his hybrids," Mallory stated, her eyes widening in disbelief.

"It was a noble sacrifice and temporary because once I raise Silas...Silas will raise the dead. He will bring back every last soul...Who died on his behalf," He explained, much to Mallory's alarm.

"Don't believe him, Mallory," Kol pleaded as he grabbed her by the arm, "Don't listen to him. You cannot raise Silas. It will mean the end."

Mallory turned to Kol, staring up at him with a look that said she believed him. If Kol was afraid, it meant everyone should be afraid. As Shane continued on, Kol watched as Mallory walked to another part of the room. Just then, she picked up a wooden stick and turned to Shane. "Kol's right. I can't let you raise Silas," Mallory argued in a stern tone.

Rebekah's eyes widened in alarm, realizing what she was about to do. "No!"

Rebekah attempted to vamp-speed forward, only to have Kol roughly shove her back while Mallory sped over to Shane and stabbed him in the stomach with the stick, killing him.

She stepped back, watching emotionless as he fell to the ground, dying within seconds. "What did you do!" Rebekah shouted as Kol finally let go of her.

Kol turned to her, smiling slightly. "You should be thanking her," He replied, glancing over at Mallory, who still staring down at Shane's dead body.

"She killed my only chance at finding the cure," Rebekah complained, glaring at Kol.

"Silas on the loose would be hell on earth. And frankly, sister..." Kol trailed off as he went into his pocket before holding up the white oak stake, causing Mallory's eyes to widen in alarm, "I don't think you could handle it."

"How do you get that?" Rebekah asked, an uneasy look on her face.

"Way too easily," Kol smiled at his sister tauntingly, just before leaving the room with Mallory.

As they walked out, Caroline suddenly ran down the hallway, heading straight for Mallory with an alarmed look on her face. "Mal!" She exclaimed, sighing in relief at the sight of her, "Thank God you're okay. Rebekah compelled Tyler to turn. He's somewhere in high school and we're compelled not to leave."

Mallory sighed in defeat. "I'll find him," She replied, only to hear Kol scoff, "Have something to say?"

"Nothing at all," Kol answered as he took a step away from Mallory, "Nice to see you again, love. Perhaps next time we may meet under better circumstances."

Mallory turned to Kol, gradually beginning to smile. He smiled back at her, just before leaving. She turned back to Caroline, letting out a sigh in defeat. "I think I know where he might be."

Moments later, Mallory entered the gym alone, finding Tyler lying on the ground near his mother's memorial. "Tyler," She sighed in defeat, immediately rushing over to him.

She picked up a tablecloth, just before using it to cover his naked body. She wrapped it around him before lifting his head and placing it in his lap.

"I'm so sorry," Tyler whispered to her softly, a guilty look on his face, "This is all my fault."

"What is?" Mallory asked, a puzzled look on her face.

"Everything. This whole thing. It's all my fault. You told me killing Klaus would never work and I didn't listen to you. I should've listened to you," He explained, beginning to cry, "I should have saved her."

As he cried, Mallory held her boyfriend close, hugging him tightly in comfort. She felt guilty. She knew he was going to want vengeance. But for what?

Klaus would have never killed Tyler's mom if Tyler hadn't turned Klaus' hybrids against him.

She felt guilty. She felt guilty for seeing the side of Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelsons, but it was true. She was them once. She used to be the bad guy and like them, she thought the same way.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 7.7K 48
Sneakpeek- "Hello, love. I believe we have much to talk about." I met the eyes of a certain blonde hybrid. I narrowed my eyes at him accusingly. I ha...
2.4K 100 12
In which four strangers are brought to the tvd world together after an unfortunate accident costs their lives. Will they survive in a world where po...