πƒπšπ°π¬π¨π§|πŸ‘| [πŸπŸ–+] βœ”

By _Dark_Romantic

"𝑾𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, π’˜π’† π’˜π’Šπ’π’ π’‚π’π’˜π’‚π’šπ’” 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒉 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓." _________ *OLD... More

πŸ–€
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
ZHEO
Copyright

Chapter 20

5.7K 275 202
By _Dark_Romantic

ZARA

"He'll show," Jane said quietly, whispering so we don't wake Teddy from his nap. She keeps reassuring me as I pace the around the room, my fingers fidgeting, hair nearly pulled out of my head. "Just sit down, Zara. You're making me dizzy." Patting the bed next to her, a warm smile plastered on her face.

Watching the camera footage of Theo leaving the room hours ago, leaning on the door for a full minute, pondering with himself then going to Thomas' room broke my heart, he looked so lost. But I flipped when I saw them both leaving, sneaking down the corridor and Theo, the idiot, looked into nearly every camera.

He knew that leaving would hurt me, I could see it written all over his face each time his eyes found mine, begging me for forgiveness. I mean, how can I? we just found each other, became a family, and had a one-way ticket out of this mess, and he leaves.

My dad put his hand on my shoulder when I failed to suppress my sobs, covering my mouth, and screwing my eyes closed. He told me that Theo has to do what he's doing, which resulted in me grabbing him by the throat and demanding answers.

As soon as my dad said his name, I felt sick.

I knew Theo was an angry person, but I never knew he would go after someone who kissed me, someone I didn't even kiss back. I haven't got a clue what happened the night of the hotel, and neither does Theo, so all this for a kiss?

My dad had given them an iPhone each, keys to the biggest car they had, and told me he said to them to be back before eight for the flight.

I know Theo better than anyone, and from what I witnessed last night, he won't be coming back or at least he isn't planning on. But I won't let him destroy us without a fight.

I just gave Theo an ultimatum that I'd leave without him and be done. I've never regretted words so much in my life, but in all honesty, Teddy comes first and if I need to run without Theo, I have to.

So now, we wait.

Julie is still asleep, I think. Jane said she heard her and Thomas arguing in the corridors hours before I called her crying that Theo was gone. She was probably sticking up for me again, considering I told her everything Thomas had done and how he was the bad guy, only to find him and Theo best of friends.

I can understand why she ran and hit him because I was planning on it too.

"Oh," I sit up from Jane's embrace, turning to look at her. "Thomas and Theo are brothers."

She blinks, then blinks again. "What?"

"Yeah, Theo told me last night that Mac's his dad too. And Grace, I want to kill her, she left them and told Theo she would say to me he died. She even left Thomas."

"Bitch," Jane spits, standing up and putting her hands on her hips. I stare at her wide-eyed, widening more when she continues. "That stupid little bitch."

Anyone who knows Jane, knows she hates people using bad language or acting in a negative way. So, hearing her has me giggling, which she follows by covering her mouth to stop her laugh. "Jane! You can never shout at me again."

The door opens slowly, and I jump up expecting a tall blonde tattooed prick to walk in, but it's Julie. "Oh, hey, I got your message. Are you okay?" she sat down next to me, smiling at Jane, who still has her hand on her mouth. "I swear I could kill him for doing this to you."

Julie doesn't need to be here, but she wants to be with me until we leave for Scotland. I asked her to come but she refused, saying her mom's too strict and would flip if her twenty-one-year-old daughter moved to another country. She did quit her job though, so she isn't near Kerr.

They both helped me pack all our things into small black suitcases, along with clothes and necessities my dad got us for traveling and starting over with. My heart sank when I packed Theo's things too, clothes he might never actually wear if he doesn't show up in the next hour.

"Hey, Theodore," Julie smiles at a sleepy Teddy as he rubs his eyes, walking out of his room. She makes a whooshing sound like an airplane while lifting him up and hugging him tightly. "I'm going to miss you so much!"

He wraps his arms around her and lay his head on her shoulder, hooded eyes, and sucking on his thumb. His head popped up again, searching the room, his lip starting to tremble.

He's looking for Theo.

I feel the heaviness on my chest, the butterflies going crazy in my stomach, watching our son search for his dad, Julie rubbing his back when he gets upset. "He better show up," my voice breaks, my insides twisting at the idea that he won't.

"Your dad's calling you," Jane says, handing me my cell. "Maybe he found him."

"Hello?" I say shakily, sitting down at the small circular table and chairs in the corner, playing with the tag of my bag.

"The cabs are here."

Those four words break me.

"No," I cry out, covering my mouth. "He'll be here."

"It's already five minutes past eight, if you're any later then you'll miss the flight."

I hang up, dropping my cell to the ground and press the heels of my hands to my eyes. "No," I say breathlessly. "No." Feeling someone's hand on my back, I fall apart, sobbing.

"We need to get going, Zara."

We finished getting ready, Julie holding my hand all the way down the corridor, down the stairway. She wanted to drive with us, so we got in the second cab. The security will be following behind us for a bit to guide us to the airport safely. Jane and Teddy will be in the front cab so I can have some time with my friend.

My dad nearly suffocated me with his embrace, apologizing to me repeatedly, promising me he'll do everything to protect Theo. The name along choked me, slapped me into silence for the first hour of the car journey.

The driver stayed quiet while Julie and I broke down to each other, arms tangled, words spilling that make no sense. We made a promise to each other that no matter what, we will always be friends, that an ocean wouldn't keep us apart, phone calls every day, never to lose touch.

I feel empty, lost, and heartbroken.

Not only am I losing my only friend I've had that actually cared about me, I also lost Theo, again.

Why can't he be normal and not fuck around?

Why can't we be a normal couple and not spend most of our relationship looking for each other?

And, why the fuck can't I have a normal life, raise my son the way he should be raised, have a job I love, and a lovely house to call home? It sucks.

"Do you know where you're going when you get off at Scotland?" Julie asks.

"My dad said Theo's grandmother recently died and he's the last of the family, so I guess we have her cottage," I shrug, looking out the window. "He made sure to have it ready for the four of us, well, three now. He said Thomas already told him he isn't going, but not to tell Theo."

"Better off. Thomas is an asshole," she said, shaking her head, grabbing my hand and grinning. "Theo will find his way back to you both or he'll have me to answer to. If I see Grace too I'll be sure to put her on her ass."

I hear the car full of security behind beeping, indicating that they're now turning back.

"What happened with you and Thomas? Jane said you were arguing last night."

She laughed, rolling down her window. We turn into a small quiet road for a short cut, since we fell behind the other cab at traffic lights. "Long story," she replied. "Let's just say I have no clue what you saw in him."

I snort, lifting my cell, about to call my dad to thank him for everything, since I was too choked up earlier.

But, before I can, the car catapults to the side, sending my cell flying. Holding my breath, my head smacks off the window, the glass smashes everywhere, all the windows exploding as the car rolls, my body thrashing about from a force ramming into Julie's side again.

Upside down, the car skids along the quiet road, coming to a halt when it hits a wall. I open my eyes, feeling aches around my body, my heart racing, pressure over my head, coughing from the clouds of smoke everywhere. I look to the side and see Julie covered in blood, her face coated crimson, eyes shut, arms dangling above her head.

Pushing my arms to the roof of the car, relieving some of the pain from the seatbelt ripping the skin of my stomach, I try to nudge her. "Julie," my words are mute, dry heaving from the fumes.

The cab driver didn't have a belt on, he's lying across the roof of the car, bloodied, eyes open, staring at me as he coughs up fluids.

My ears are piercing, high pitched vibration in my head, breathing erratic, panicking, my voice went when I try to shout on Julie again with no response.

The footsteps on the shattered glass make me freeze, getting closer to my side when the metal of the busted door is moved aside, a strong-smelling, chemical-doused cloth is put over my face.

I don't even have a chance to scream, but I do get a look at the person before everything goes black.

What the fu-

-OLD VERSION-UNEDITED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

701 74 35
When all you can hear at night is screaming and seeing the cold pale faces of those you love, you try to escape and run away but you always come back...
83K 5.2K 68
** 3rd book in Rogue series, can be read as stand alone but better if you read the others first*** mature language , triggers and sexual situations...
503K 12.3K 93
|WARNING:STRONG ADULT CONTENT/ EXTREMELY EXPLICIT LANGUAGE 18+ ALL KIND OF TRIGGER WARNINGS!!!! I PUT A LOT OF HARD WORK INTO MY BOOKS, MY LAWYER KN...
46K 1.5K 19
After a failed attempt at a relationship, I tried making it on my own, only to be saddled with a new neighbor who exuded charm, danger, and sexual en...