The Return Of The Chosen One

By PokeMaster171

Ash is tasked by the almighty God Pokemon Arceus to become stronger and get ready for the battle of a lifetim... More

2 Years later...
Reunions, Rivals And Confessions
Reunions, Relocating And Announcements

The Betrayal

4.6K 39 213
By PokeMaster171

I REALLY LIKE THE PICTURE ABOVE! CHECK OUT THE ACCOUNT THAT MADE IT! (LINKS ON PHOTO)

I DO NOT OWN POKEMON OR ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. I ONLY OWN THE PLOT OF THIS STORY.

SPEAR PILLAR-3RD PERSON POV

'Chosen one, you must prepare for the fight of your life.' A voice boomed from within the ruins.

'Why, what is happening?' another voice questioned.

'I cannot tell you, as you know that would alter the future. All I can tell you is that you must train harder than you ever have. Catch as many Pokemon as you can and make sure they reach their full potential, only YOU can do that.' the voice stated authoritatively.

'You know I'll help in anyway I can Arceus, but you're going to have to tell what's happening, where and when.' the chosen one replied in a demanding tone.

'You have five years. As for where, you will know when the time comes. I suggest you go home, and from here on out, everything is fate. Farewell young one.' the God of pokemon said before vanishing.

2 DAYS LATER-PALLET TOWN

'We're home buddy.' the teenager who we previously saw in Spear Pillar said to a yellow mouse on his shoulder.

'Pika Pika!' he exclaimed excitedly.

The boy walked into his house to find that his mother nor Mr Mime were home.

'Hmm, that's odd she's normally in at this time of day.' he thought out loud.

'Let's go to the Professor's lab then, she might be their, and if not we can see all of my old pokemon anyway!' he yelled excitedly.

'Pika.' the mouse mimicked his trainer while throwing one of his small fists up in the air.

He raced his Pokemon partner through the streets and up the stairs to Professor Oak's lab, before knocking on the door.

The door opened to reveal a rather shocked Samuel Oak.

'Ash, my boy it's great to see you, what brings you here?' the Professor asked still standing in the doorway, while his posture seemed awkward.

Ash eyed Professor Oak curiously wondering why he was acting so strange. Samuel still didn't move from the doorway.

'Errr...can I come in please.' asked Ash who felt like something was off about the situation.

'O-of course, my boy.' Oak answered, stuttering.

'Is there something wrong Professor.' Ash questioned while raising his eyebrows in suspicion.

'N-no of course not.' Oak answered, stuttering yet again. 'T-To what do I owe the pleasure, A-Ash.' Professor Oak repeated the question from earlier.

Ash knew Oak wasn't acting like himself, but decided to drop the topic and answered 'I thought I'd come back to spend my birthday with my mother and my Pokemon, but she wasn't at home so I thought she might be here.'

'Uhh-uh she isn't here right now.' Professor Oak told Ash, while still seeming on edge.

'Ok then, I'm going to see my Pokemon for a bit.' Ash said still glancing back at Kanto's professor, because of his odd behaviour.

The older man just sighed and said 'Very well my boy.' Ash made his way towards Pokemon sanctuary where the Professor kept trainers Pokemon. Professor Oak decided to stay inside to finish some work he was in the middle of, before Ash arrived.

Ash froze. As soon as he walked out into
The large open area he saw his Mother and all his former and current travelling companions, along with a few others. He recognised all of the faces. Brock, Misty, Tracey, Gary, May, Max, Drew, Dawn, Kenny, Barry, Iris, Cilan, Trip, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie, Kiawe, Sophocles, Mallow, Lillie, Lana, and even his current travelling companions were present, Goh and Chloe.

All of them were facing away setting up a massive table, which had chairs either side, with all sorts of food and drink on it.

Suddenly a small green plant like pokemon jumped into Ash, knocking him to the floor.

'Hey Bulbasaur, it's great to see you too!' the raven haired teen says while giving his first ever grass type a pat on the head.

'Hey Pikachu, Bulbasaur how about we play a prank on everyone, seen as they don't know we're here yet?' Ash grinned mischievously along with Pikachu, and Bulbasaur just smiled and shook his head as he was used to his trainers antics, having been with him for over 7 years.

'Ok then, here's the plan.' Ash then whispered and told his Pokemon what to do. After he was done he crouched down behind a hill, with Bulbasaur and Pikachu, so he was out of view of his friends.

Suddenly Bulbasaur blasted a Solar beam into the air...

All of Ash's friends and family, who had just been joined by Professor Oak looked to the sky to see a solar beam being shot into the sky.

They were all amazed by the sheer beauty and power except Gary, his Grandfather, Tracey and Ash's mother who had seen it before. 'Don't worry about that, it's just Bulbasaurs way of calling all of A-' the Professor started speaking but was cut off by the ground shaking, and multiple roars and cries of different Pokemon.

Suddenly a stampede of a lot of different species of Pokemon were running to a hill behind the group of 24, from every direction.

'What's happening?' Kiawe asked nervously as some of the girls screamed in fear.

'Wait a second, I recognise some of these Pokemon.' Dawn shouted as she was trying to be heard over the sound of all the Pokemon, most of which had disappeared behind the hill.

'Yeh some of these are-' May started as Tracey corrected her 'Actually all of these are Ash's Pokemon.'

'WAIT WHAT?' most of the group yelled surprised at the amount of pokemon he had caught.

They were all watching over the hill when after a couple of minutes a familiar face appeared on top of it, with a massive group of Pokemon beside him.

'Hey guys.' he shouted while chuckling to himself and walking towards the group.

'What's wrong with you, scaring us all of half to death Ash.' Misty screamed while glaring at him.

Ash laughed to himself and then responded 'Your reactions were priceless though.' he was struggling to hold back even more laughter. This however, made the most of the group glare at him in anger, and there was an tense silence, until Barry yelled 'IF YOU DO THAT AGAIN IM GOING TO FINE YOU.' This caused everyone to laugh and Barry to stand there confused.

Ash and all of his Pokemon walked up to all of the people and Pokemon gathered and greeted them excitedly after not seeing some of them for a long time.

His mother, Delia, sighed and said 'Well I guess it's not a surprise birthday party anymore.'

'Nope this is still a great surprise. l never expected this, but how did you know I was coming home?' The young trainer questioned.

'We were going to send someone with a flying Pokemon to Professor Cerise's laboratory to get you but there's no need now Ashy-boy.' Ash just sighed as Gary used his childhood nickname.

Professor Oak started walked towards the aspiring Pokemon Master and handed him a small watch like device. 'Ash my boy, happy birthday. I want to give you this, I feel like you'll find it very useful.' Professor Oak stated kindly.

'What is it Professor?' Ash asked curiously.

'This is the prototype of the Dex-Watch, I have been working on it for some time. It is essentially a smart watch that is also a pokedex. It lets you hold an unlimited amount Pokemon at any one time, and with a few simple taps of the screen you can perform many things such as sending out your pokemon, even all at the same time if you need to! You can also heal all of your pokemon at one time and many other amazing things. I think your perfect to test it out, with your number of pokemon and love for them all. Also it is all already linked to your pokedex account, so it is all set to go! Oh and also make sure you dont use more than six different pokemon in the same battle.' the oldest man present chuckled to himself and took a deep breath after talking for a while about the dex-watch.

'Oh wow. Professor this is so cool, Thank you so much!' Ash exclaimed staring at the new device in awe and fastening it around his wrist.

'You hear that, everybody is going to be able to travel with me!' Ash yelled happily as he turned around to face his Pokemon. This was followed by a large round of cheers from all of Ash's Pokemon. 'Oh shoot, that reminds me, you guys come on out and meet everyone!' Ash shouted ash he launched five pokeball in the air, soon after Dragonite, Lucario, Gengar, Rillaboom and Inteleon were greeting all of Ash's friends and family, including his Pokemon who seemed to be getting along well.

TIME SKIP-3 HOURS LATER

Everyone was sat around the table and had been happily sharing stories about their journeys with Ash, from Kanto to Galar, with all of their pokemon surrounding them, enjoying the party.

Ash was in such deep conversation that he didn't notice Serena and his mother give each other a look and then nod at one another.

Suddenly Delia stood up, cleared her hands and clapped her hands to get the attention of everyone present. When everyone was looking towards her she started speaking rather loudly to make sure everyone could hear her.

'Ash we need to talk to you.' she stared at her son with a small smile.

'Sure, what's up Mother?' he asked.

'Ash, honey, we think it's time that you settle down, you've been travelling for eight years.' Delia stated calmly.

'What do you mean, you know I have to travel for my dream?' Ash started to become confused, what about becoming a Pokemon Master?

Serena stood up and started speaking while she stared lovingly at Ash 'We're not telling you to completely give up on you're dream, we just think it's time you get a stable income and start a family. We just think you should put it to the back of your mind and think about things other than battling and becoming a Pokemon Master.'

'Why would I do that?' Ash questioned in anger, behind gritted teeth. A fire burning in his eyes showing them he hated that idea.

'Ash, calm down.' Misty shouted. She then lowered her volume and stated 'We've all discussed it and we think it's the best decision for you.'

'A-all of you are part of this?' Ash asked in a depressed tone as his head dropped, upset that the people he trusted most, his closest friends, some of whom he considered brothers and sisters would do this to him. He lifted his head and stared at the group

'Ash you can't go around thinking you're invincible just because you beat Leon, you know deep down you're dream is impossible.' Tracey announced while giving Ash a sad smile.

'We completely agree with them Ash, your at an age where you need to think about things other than Pokemon.' May stated her opinion.

'Couldn't be more right.' Drew said arrogantly.

'I agree a hundred percent.' both Kenny and Barry agreed at the same time.

'I know they're right Ash, I've got my own job, and its really spices up your life.' Cilan added.

'You need to grow up and stop being such a little kid' Iris stated smugly.

'Lets face it a boonie like you isn't going to become a Pokemon Master' Trip added while smirking at Ash, clearly trying to get a reaction from the raven haired trainer.

'Me and Bonnie are your friends Ash, we want what's best for you, and this will make you happy.' Clemont said looking unsure.

'We thought you were going to settle down in Alola, and that's why went to school there, you need to think about this, it's important and pretty much all of us have already got a job or have started settling down.' Mallow added her peice, receiving a nod from Sophocles and Lana.

'We don't know as much about you as these guys Ash, but from what they've told us, you should do it' Goh stated, as Chloe added 'Having a family and a job is great and it would really help you grow up a lot.'

At this point Ash was seething in anger, his face was red, his eyebrows met and he was gritting his teeth intensely. All of his Pokemon were doing the same thing while glaring at the traitors like they were ready to kill them.

'Please Ash, I-I l-love you, we can start a fam-' Serena said blushing fiercely, before being cut off by two objects flying scarily close to her and past her face, which exploded on impact on the ground behind them.

Everybody turned and looked in the direction of the forest, where the objects came from while Ash just smirked and shot his so called "friends" deadly glares.

Suddenly out of the forest jumped a blue, bipedal frog like creature, holding a smaller green almost flat pokemon on his head.

'I guess those water shurikens really scared you, huh?' Ash said while laughing at the traitors, not bothering to look in the other direction as he already knew who was there.

All of them looked back at him in a state of shock at what had just happened.

'Long time no see Greninja.' Ash said as the creature stood to his left and gave him a nod as he placed the other pokemon on the floor beside him.

Suddenly there was a scream 'Face it Ash you will never be a Pokemon Master.' Iris. 'Stop being blinded by that stupid dream and see the real world, because your not going to achieve your dream.' Misty. All of Ash's previous friends nodded in agreement with the statement. 'Of course it would be them, the two hotheads, who are always angry over anything.' Ash thought to himself.

He just completely ignored them and then he felt tugging at the bottom of his trousers and looked down to see Axew and Luxray holding there Pokeballs. 'Are you guys on my side?' He asked and received a nod from both of them and took there pokeball from them and placed them in his bag.

Ash looked up to see Iris and Clemont heartbroken. Ash chuckled and asked 'How does it feel being betrayed?'

'Axew get back here right NOW!' Iris yelled furiously. She received a shake of the head from Axew to which she gritted her teeth in anger.

Clemont got a similar response from Luxray as he gritted his teeth menacingly at his former "master".

'Please Ash we just want what's best-' Delia started but didn't get a chance to finish as Brock walked towards Ash and cut her off.

'I can't believe you would do this. After all we've been through with Ash and you do this to him. UNFORGIVABLE.' Brock yelled in anger, making people recoil in fear, as they never expected him to sound so fierce.

'Ashy-boy is my friend, and whatever he wants to do I'll stick by him.' Gary said while walking to Brock and Ash.

'I don't know how you have the nerves to do this, especially you Delia. You're supposed to be his Mother.' Samuel Oak stated matter of factly and joined the ever growing group.

'I would never even think about doing this to Ash, even after you told me what you were all planning. May you are no sister of mine.' Max stepped forward and spoke with his back facing the traitors while walking over to the group of four as may broke down crying in Drew's arms.

Dawn then stepped forward and added her piece while glaring at the traitors 'Ash isn't just my friend, he's my teacher, my mentor, how any of us could ever think we were on his level is laughable.'

'Ash is my only brother figure, and I will stand by him. He's done so much for everyone of us and you just tell him to give up, I'm done with all of you.' Bonnie screamed as she teared up and ran to hide behind Ash.

Clemont glared at Bonnie but he didn't dare say anything because he didn't want to face the wrath of Ash's Pokemon who were starting to protectively surround him and his group.

'I'm disappointed in all of you, especially you guys.' Kiawe said staring down his classmates. 'He's the only friend I've ever had that has power that rivals my own. My only rival and a great friend, unlike you guys.' He said in a tone of disgust.

'We've all heard of what Ash has done. He saved the world so many times I've lost count. He's saved our families and loved one's. He's risked his lives for each and every one of us. H-he's amazing.' Lillie finished off her statement while blushing bright red and staring at the ground while being stood by Ash's side, opposite the traitors.

Serena shot a death glare at Lillie and something in Ash snapped.

'THIS WHOLE "PARTY" THING WAS JUST TO SOFTEN ME UP WASNT IT? WHAT WAS THE PLAN? ACT NICE AND THEN I'LL FOLLOW YOUR IDEALS?' Ash then broke out into maniacal laughter. 'LIKE THAT WOULD EVER WORK.'

None of the traitors dared to respond, they had never seen this side of Ash before, his eyes were full hatred and anger.

Meanwhile Ash's real friends just stood there doing nothing to aid him, as they he had to do this, and do it alone.

'I'M THROUGH PLAYING WITH YOU.' Ash shouted with his eyes still glued on the traitors.

'MISTY YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BE A GYM LEADER WITHOUT ME, YOU WOULD STILL BE BEGGING YOUR SISTERS' TO STOP BULLYING YOU AND YOU WOULD STILL BE WEAK, YOU WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH TO BE A WATER POKEMON MASTER ANYWAY.' Ash yelled and then started staring at the rest of them one by one.

'TRACEY IF YOU DIDN'T MEET ME YOU WOULD STILL BE IN THE ORANGE ISLANDS ALONE. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE MET AND DRAWN MOST OF THE POKEMON YOU HAVE IF IT WASN'T FOR ME.'

'MAY, I TAUGHT YOU PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING YOU KNOW, IF YOU DIDN'T MEET ME YOU STILL WOULDN'T LIKE POKEMON AND YOU WOULD BE A GOD DAMN AWFUL COORDINATOR.'

'DREW I'VE NEVER EVEN LIKED YOU. THE ONLY REASON YOU'RE HERE IS TO GET ON MAY'S GOOD SIDE SO YOU CAN GET WITH HER. PATHETIC PLAYBOY.'

'KENNY YOU'RE HERE FOR THE SAME REASON AS DREW. YOU WANT TO GET WITH DAWN AND YOU'VE JUST RUINED YOUR OWN CHANCE. IT'S KIND OF FUNNY HOW YOU JOINED THEIR SIDE WITHOUT ASKING DAWN WHAT SHE WAS DOING.' Ash laughed out loud while Kenny looked at the floor, broken.

'BARRY I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW WHY YOU'RE HERE BUT I THINK IT'S THE SAME REASON AS TRIP. YOUR BOTH WEAK AND HATE THE FACT I'M SO MUCH STRONGER. IF YOU EVER COME NEAR ME AGAIN I WON'T NEED MY POKEMON, I'LL BEAT YOU WITH MY BARE FISTS.'

CILAN YOU'RE THE WEAKEST GYM LEADER I HAVE EVER FACED. NO ONE CARES ABOUT CONNOISSEURING, AND NO CARES FOR YOUR CRAPPY ANALYSIS.'

'IRIS YOU CALL ME A LITTLE KID. YOU SWING THROUGH TREES LIKE AND GET INTO FIGHTS OVER LITERALLY NOTHING. YOU ACT LIKE A FIVE YEAR OLD. YOU WANT TO BE A DRAGON MASTER YET YOU CAN'T TRAIN A POKEMON WITHOUT IT COMPLETELY IGNORING YOU. THEY SEE HOW WEAK YOU ARE. AND YOU SAY I CAN'T ACHIEVE MY DREAM.'

Gary mumbled from behind Ash 'Don't know about dragon master, she should change her aspiration to comedian if she was thinking that way.' Ash laughed at this while the traitors were shocked of how they were being verbally abused.

'Now who's next?' Ash asked rhetorically while grinning, he was enjoying this. His eyes landed on Clemont who started to shake in fear.

'OH THE FAILED INVENTOR. WITHOUT ME YOUR GYM WOULD BE IN THE HANDS OF YOUR ONLY INVENTION THAT HASN'T EXPLODED. YOUR A TERRIBLE INVENTOR, YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST GIVE IT UP NOW.'

'LANA DO YOU THINK ABOUT ANYTHING THAT ISN'T WATER. WATER TYPES, SWIMMIMG, FISHING, RIDING WATER POKEMON. DO YOU DO ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE THAT DOESN'T RELATE TO IT? I BET EVEN THE WILD POKEMON IN THE WATER GET SICK OF SEEING YOUR FACE LIKE EVERYONE ELSE IN YOUR LIFE.'

'MALLOW ALL YOUR EVEN AVERAGE AT IS COOKING, YOUR LITERALLY A FAILURE IN EVERYTHING ELSE. YOUR NOT EVEN AS GOOD AS YOU THINK YOU ARE AT THAT. PEOPLE COMPLIMENT YOU TO BE NICE, NOT TO BE TRUTHFUL. ALL YOU DO IS STAND IN THAT RESTARAUNT ALL DAY. MUST BE AN EXCITING LIFE.'

'SOPHOCLES YOUR A FAT RUNT. YOU CAN'T RUN TWO METRES WITHOUT COLLAPSING ONTO YOUR KNEES AND PANTING. YOU THINK YOUR SMART BUT YOU JUST CONSTANTLY STATE THE OBVIOUS. LIKE HIM' Ash pointed towards Clement 'YOU SAY YOUR AN INVENTOR BUT I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU MAKE ANYYTHING EVEN REMOTELY USEFUL.'

'GOH WHEN WE MET YOU COULDN'T EVEN COMMAND A POKEMON TO BATTLE, WITHOUT ME YOUR POKEMON WOULD HAVE BEEN STOLEN BY TEAM ROCKET. YOU WANT TO CATCH MEW AND ALL POKEMON, I'LL MAKE SURE THEY WILL GO NOWHERE NEAR YOU WHEN IM DONE HERE. YOU'LL BE THE ONE NOT ACHEIVING YOUR DREAM.'

'CHLOE. LAZY. CLUELESS. YOU SIT IN YOUR HOUSE OR THE LAB ALL DAY DOING NOTHING. YOU HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT LIFE. YOU HAVE IDEA, DREAM OR ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WITH YOUR LONELY, LONELY LIFE.'

His eyes landed on Serena who started to cry. 'Ash please...' she managed to squeak out in between sobs.

'SERENA, THE ONE WHO WANTS ME FOR HER OWN. IT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. IM NOT DENSE, I'VE BEEN PUTTING AN ACT ON THIS WHOLE TIME AND YOU ALL FELL FOR IT. I ACTED THAT WAY SO I DIDN'T BREAK MY SO CALLED "FRIENDS" HEARTS. I SAW ALL, NO, MOST OF YOU AS SISTERS. I NEVER LOVED YOU AND I NEVER WILL.'

Serena fell to the floor with tears pouring out of her eyes and into her hands which were cupping her face. Everyone, even the people who had sided with Ash had shocked faces and had their mouths wide open in an '0' shape.

'Ash please stop this madness, we're trying to help you.' Delia begged as she stayed glued to her current position, not daring to move closer to Ash.

'DELIA. HOW WAS YOU HELPING ME? BY TELLING ME TO GIVE UP MY DREAM I'VE WORKED FOR, FOR THE PAST EIGHT YEARS? THE WOMAN WHO GAVE BIRTH TO ME IS SUPPOSE TO SUPPORT ME, YOU DID THE OPPOSITE AND HAD NO BELIEF IN ME OR MY POKEMON. SOME MOTHER YOU TURNED OUT TO BE. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER ANYMORE BECAUSE I DONT HAVE A MOTHER.'' Ash screamed and seemed angrier at Delia more than anyone else.

Ash returned all of his Pokemon except Pikachu via his Dex-Watch as Delia collapsed to her knees not caring who saw her cry.

Ash walked past the traitors and those that weren't crying were paralysed as they were completely and utterly terrified and gobsmacked. He didn't even seem like the same person. His face was still red with anger but he had a wicked grin plastered on his it, almost making him look like he had gone crazy.

With that Ash and the people who stuck by him (minus Professor Oak who had to stay at the lab) walked out of the the sanctuary and subsequently the lab together.

And thats the first chapter done! Let me know what you guys think and tell me where I can improve!

Thanks for reading and see you in the next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.5K 651 52
Rankings; #850 in Fanfiction #559 in Pokemon This is a story About Ash Ketchum who was Betrayed by his formal friends and family who are: Misty, May...
68.4K 1.3K 31
When Ash loses the Unova League to Cameron, he realizes that it's time for him to use all of his Pokemon. If he doesn't win the Kalos Pokemon League...
21.3K 253 23
Book 1 Ash Ketchum had supposedly died in that Forest Fire created by the Boss of Team Rocket Giovanni after being betrayed by the ones closest to hi...
198K 3K 26
⚠️Rewritten⚠️ Search 'Resurgence| A Pokémon Fanfiction' ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 'Never Give Up Until The End' Is what got him to where he is toda...