Secrets In The Sunset | KTH 1...

BangtanBae33 által

Ava Young wasn't looking for love but when she met Kim Taehyung, love found her. Determined to celebrate on t... Több

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three: Epilogue
Author's Note:

Chapter Twenty Eight

2.5K 152 95
BangtanBae33 által

I stir awake to the feeling of fingers gently running through my hair while soft kisses pepper my cheek.

"Good morning gongju. Happy Thanksgiving." His deeper than usual morning voice croons in my ear.

"Mm," I smile sleepily and reach up to run my hand over his toned arm, "happy Thanksgiving handsome."

He continues to leave sweet and appreciative kisses along my temple and cheek while still playing in my hair. I smile when his scruff tickles my skin and he hovers over me to kiss my lips.

"You're still my favorite in the morning." He smiles down at me and I push the hair back from his eyes.

"You're my favorite always." I lift my head to leave a kiss on his nose.

He pouts and sits up to stretch above his head. I fold my arms behind my head to enjoy the view that I'm so blessed with, soaking up as much of it as I can. He looks down at me and chuckles at my expression before standing up to go get in the shower.

I ease off of the bed and slide on a pair of leggings and a hoodie and make my way to the kitchen to grab me something to eat. Since it's Thanksgiving, I opt for an apple and some oatmeal. I'm not sure if we're even going to have a traditional Thanksgiving meal, but I know how much these men can eat normally so either way, I'm sure there will be a bounteous amount of food. So far I've avoided the Freshman Fifteen and I don't plan on putting it on now.

I opt to sit on the bar stool at the kitchen island and pop in my earbuds to listen to some music while I eat and my legs swing underneath me. The morning sun was bright today with a autumn crispness coming through the open window as I watched birds perch themselves on the patio furniture. I smile to myself as I look out at the back yard remembering when he gave me our couple rings and how neither of us have taken them off since that day.

With my hearing impaired, I'm suddenly shaken from my fond memories with the smell of warm, freshly clean skin and a kiss on my forehead. I turn around, removing one of my earbuds and see him standing at the refrigerator in a clean pair of sweatpants and the waistband of his boxer briefs showing at the top with no shirt along with dampened dark waves. How is a human like him possible? How am I lucky enough to have him as my own?

He looks back over to me and smiles when he sees me staring. "What? Like you've never seen me shirtless before."

"Doesn't mean I'll admire it any less." I wink and turn the music off on my phone.

"So this is my first American Thanksgiving. What do you do?" He asks as he takes a bite of my oatmeal.

"Well, there's the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade we can watch on television, football, cooking, making desert, but since we didn't go grocery shopping beforehand, we probably won't be able to buy anything to cook." I explain as I see Uncle Kim join us in the kitchen.

"Good morning you two. I'm actually having it catered today. I don't know how to make it and you shouldn't have to fuss with all of the cooking on your vacation." Uncle Kim says smiling at me.

"Thank you, Uncle Kim. One year I'll make it for you two." I thought about telling him how it wouldn't have been a big deal for me to do it since every other year my mother and I would do all of the cooking anyway, but he already placed the order so I let it go.

My smile begins to fade as I think about how this is the first Thanksgiving away from my mom. Screw my dad, but I do miss my mother. I grab my phone and send her a quick text to wish her a happy holiday and wish her well. She doesn't communicate with me much these days and I'm not sure why. As I hit send, my phone starts dinging with on coming text messages wishing me a Happy Thanksgiving and Taehyung smiles as he places his chin on my shoulder to read them with me.

Madison 🌸:
Happy Thanksgiving bestie!
I love you!

I respond to her text with a picture of Taehyung and I and wish her a happy Thanksgiving as well.

Megan:
Happy Thanksgiving!

Emma:
Happy Thanksgiving roomie!

Mom:
Happy Thanksgiving sweetie. I love and miss you!

I smile at receiving a response from her and Taehyung smiles along with me, rubbing his hand on my arm.

Lucas:
Happy Thanksgiving

Taehyung stands up and sighs out at the sight of his name popping up on my phone while slipping his shirt over his head.

"He has your number?" He asks with an obvious annoyance on his face.

"Yes babe. He does need it for work purposes next week." I reply rolling my eyes.

"Taehyungie, stop it. Look at her. She clearly loves you." Uncle Kim chimes in as he takes a sip of his coffee.

Taehyung reluctantly lets it go and sits down next to me as I turn to look at him. I kiss his pouty lips and then pepper kisses quickly all over his face until he starts to smile again.

"I don't like him." He says quietly.

"I know, but you like me right?" I whisper back.

"No."

I frown at the sharpness in his word.

"I love you." He smiles, making me giggle and roll my eyes.

"I love you too. Come on, let's go watch the parade." I grab his hand and lead him towards the living room.

I grab the remote and find the correct station and sit down next to Taehyung as he wraps his arm around me. He begins to ooh and aah at the large balloons and marching bands shown on the street and I smile wide at his child-like behavior. To me, I've seen this a million times and although a tradition, it doesn't excite me as much as it did as a kid. But since this was his first Thanksgiving, it's all new to him and it warms my heart seeing his eyes grow wide and point to specific things.

"Have you ever been to this parade? Where is it?" Just as he asks the question, it cuts to a commercial break and the host mentions that they're in New York City. He nods at the answer he was given.

"No, I haven't. It's really cold there this time of year, too. Lucas said he went as a child since he grew up there." I respond not thinking about what I was bringing up.

"Lucas." He huffs out. "Will I be allowed to come to the gallery?"

"Of course you will. Any time. All day if you'd like." I smile up at him.

"Good. I want to meet him."

"So not to see me, but to mark your territory?" I tease.

"Oh, I already did that." He runs his finger over the mark he left on my neck yesterday leaving a trail of goosebumps.

I smile and kiss his lips. "You know you don't have anything to worry about, right?"

"I don't?" He pouts as I sit up to look at him as I shake my head. "But I'm not around all of the time anymore. What if you get lonely? What if you decide to move on? What if I get boring or you catch feelings for him or someone else? I know you're mine, but I can't help but to worry."

I smile as he rambles off as it sounds like my own inner thoughts. Long distance dating is hard. Even harder when you're countries away, but as I look at him I think to myself; How could he ever think I'd ever want someone else as long as I have him?

"It's not funny, Ava..." he frowns looking at me smiling at him.

"I know it's not. I'm smiling because you sound like me. I worry about the same thing. What if you decide to move on and catch feelings for someone else or grow bored with me?" I turn the question back to him.

"Let's just do what we can to make it work until you're back home for good. Even if we end up breaking up for whatever reason, come find me at least."

He nods and kisses my forehead. "I will come back to you no matter what. I promise."

He holds out his pinky and I wrap mine around his, our rings touching as they intertwine.

"Okay, enough of the worrying while there's nothing to worry about. Would you rather watch football?" I ask grabbing the remote.

"I want to do whatever you want to do. Teach me your holiday. I'll need to know for future reference anyway." He pulls me back to lay in his arms.

Uncle Kim walks in and sits down in his favorite chair just as the parade starts back up. "Ah..the parade. I heard about this last year, but Thanksgiving was new to me then."

I smile and turn up the volume just as Snoopy appears on the screen.

Promptly at noon and after hours of watching the parade and switching over to football which the men thoroughly enjoy, the door bell rings and I hop up to go open it so they don't have to miss the game. I laugh at their sudden yelling at the television in their native language and walk to the front door.

"Who is it?" I ask trying to peek out of the peep hole.

"Catering."

I open the door and three men and one woman dressed in black slacks and a white button up walk in with multiple bags and dishes in their hands. I point to the kitchen and once everything is set out and ready, I thank them for their troubles and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving before handing them each a ten dollar bill from my wallet. I bow and giggle at their confused expressions as I shut and lock the door. I'm used to being regarded in such a way at my new habit, but I don't care.

I hear the men in the other room scream out at the television again and take that as a sign of them not paying any attention to what's happening in the other room. I walk back into the kitchen and begin to clear and set the table and open all of the dishes provided.

Uncle Kim really went all out! A large turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, buttermilk biscuits, cranberry sauce, dressing, deviled eggs, corn on the cobb, sweet potatoes, and many other dishes, some doubled, including some pies for dessert. My eyes grow wide at the plethora of food and chuckle as I try to find room for it all. I guess he didn't know what all he should really order.

I walk back into the living room as the fourth quarter is ending and wait for the final score before speaking. Taehyung and Uncle Kim's eyes stay glued to the television until it finally ends and goes to a commercial.

"The food is ready." I say with a smirk.

"When did they arrive?" Uncle Kim asks making me laugh and shake my head. I guess this behavior stretches across the entire male species.

As soon as Taehyung enters the kitchen, his excitement soars at all of the food options available. He walks up to a few of them and smells them asking me what they are as I make him a plate.

We all sit down at the table and the guys begin to dig in until I clear my throat. They stop and look over to me with wide eyes and I grab both of their hands and bow my head.

"We have to say a prayer." I explain before continuing to pray aloud, thanking Him for the food before us and the family we have created.

Once I'm done praying, they wait until I begin to eat before digging back in. I mostly only hear silverware clinking against the plates and ice jiggling in cups and it's one of the most precious sounds to me as I see them enjoying their first Thanksgiving. Back at home, my mom and I would have ate at the table together while my dad took his plate to the living room. We never really had family dinners and that's one thing I always loved about Uncle Kim's house.

"Dessert anyone?" I ask as I grab their empty plates and take them to the sink.

"I'll get it. What would you like?" Taehyung asks standing up.

"Pumpkin pie." I reply.

"Pumpkin?" He questions looking at the pie.

"You've never had pumpkin pie?" I arch my brow and look at them both as they shake their heads and Taehyung cuts a piece for me.

"Here. Try a bite of mine." I hold it up to his mouth, cupping my hand underneath while he takes the bite from my fork.

"Mm! It's sweet. I like it." He says with wide eyes as he proceeds to cut himself a piece.

"Get me one too then Taehyungie." Uncle Kim requests as I refill his drink.

"So..." I begin as we sit back down, "we have to say what we're thankful for this year. Uncle Kim, you start."

"Let's see. I'm thankful for my business doing well here. I'm thankful for meeting you and having you stay with us over the summer and our weekly lunch tradition. I'm thankful for you both doing well in college and I'm thankful to have you both back home this weekend." Uncle Kim proudly states and I tear up at his sweet words.

"What about you?" Taehyung asks me rubbing his hand over my upper back.

"I'm thankful for our little family and having a job in an art gallery. I'm thankful for all of the support and love you've shown me, Uncle Kim. But mostly I'm thankful for Taehyung this year. You showed me how to love and that I could be loved and because of you so many wonderful things have happened in my life." I lean over and give him a quick peck on the lips through my clouded vision as tears continue to form.

"I'm thankful for you too baby. I'm also thankful to Uncle Kim for getting me back home for a while, for paying for my college and for always being there for me. I'm thankful for my family and friend's health and for the happiest year of my life so far." He pulls me in to his chest and kisses my forehead.

I sit up and wipe away the stubborn tears that fell and eat the last bite of my pie slice. I see the two of them yawning and sitting back in the chairs, clearly full from the big feast.

"What's next?" Taehyung asks rubbing his eye.

"Now it's the annual Thanksgiving Day coma." I smile and Taehyung looks confused.

"Let's all go take a nap." I clarify and they both smile at the idea.

After clearing the kitchen and putting the leftovers in the fridge, Taehyung and I walk back to the bedroom and lay down on the bed.

He turns to face me with the cutest puppy dog eyes and I can't help but to smile at him.

"I really am thankful for you." He says as his eyes drift shut and I run my fingers through his hair.

"Saranghae." I whisper.

He softly smiles, "saranghaeyo jagi."

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

59.1K 1.1K 17
This is a story about loss and love What if time doesn't do what it's supposed to do? What if that pit in your stomach is truly a sign that something...
919K 56.1K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
53.4K 3.7K 65
You're finally here; your dream vacation spot has been South Korea for years. You and your best friend finally get the adventure you've been craving...
Black Cat N. Elice által

Ifjúsági irodalom

341K 21.3K 37
You've heard of Were-wolves right? Vampires, Pixies, witches and wizards. Maybe even read a few on Were-beasts, you know the wide spectrum of furry p...