Manifest // h.s.

By melodyharry

"My fingers traced over the outlines of his face, the sharp jawline, and the intricate details that made up h... More

one
two
three
four

prologue

27 2 1
By melodyharry

Leah Presley

"I don't think this is a good idea, are we actually going to do this?"I questioned Skyler with concern, my voice beginning to tremble. My eyes trailed over the large wooden sign that hung above the small ranch, feeling chills spread through my body.

"We traveled over 3 hours for this Leah, we have to! C'mon, it's just for fun, don't you want to know? People say she's amazing at what she does." Skyler begged me, a glint of hope in her eyes as I sighed in my stance. My stomach churned inside of me, feeling like I would regret this instantly if I knew.

I was never one to believe in psychics or any conspiracies like that. I was extremely skeptical and I felt it in my gut that maybe this wasn't right. My future was supposed to be unknown, it was supposed to be suspenseful, supposed to keep you on the edge of your seat. It was never right to seek out what your future may look like and I felt guilty for even coming along with Sky to do just that.

"I'm just feeling really uneasy about this," I muttered, my sneakers planted to the floor as a frown painted itself on my lips. Skyler huffed at me under her breath, her hand sliding into mine, tugging me towards the door to follow her. 

"It's just for fun, why not want to know who you might end up with for the rest of your life?" She had replied, wiggling her eyebrows at me in a playful manner as a small laugh erupted from my pink lips. 

"I'm not really sure if I want to know..." I trailed off, my eyes darting towards the floor, hoping she wouldn't persuade me with her warm brown eyes. I felt her tug my arm harder as I felt my body go forward, walking up the wooden steps following in her trail. 

"I know you, Lee, I know you want to know, this was your idea at first, so let's just do it, see what happens, and laugh about it in the end, yeah?" Skyler nudged me with her elbow, a grin planted on her face as I shook my head back and forth in laughter, feeling myself begin to get persuaded by her words.

"Fine fine, you're right, it's just for fun," I laughed as she nodded eagerly with my words, her small fist rising towards the door, banging loudly. At this moment I felt the butterflies rise in the pit of my stomach, and the uneasy feeling was back once again. I kept pushing the negative thoughts to the back of my mind, repeating to myself over and over again that this was just for fun. It was just for fun.

A petite middle-aged woman opened the door, fine little wrinkles lining her cheeks and forehead, strands of grey sprouting through her dark brown hair. She pulled her lips into a grin, gesturing for us to come inside as she stepped to the side of the door.

"You must be Leah and Skyler, I presume?"She questioned us in a sweet tone as Skyler eagerly walked through the door, my long legs striding in after her, my curious eyes scattered throughout the home. 

"That's us! You're the psychic right?" Skyler asked, tilting her head to the side, the grin formed on her lips. The psychic nodded with a quick laugh beginning to walk towards a room as we slowly followed behind, hot on her trail. The sweet, calm manner of the woman was easing my nerves and I was beginning to feel the excitement grow inside of me. Maybe this wouldn't be as bad as I thought. 

She brought us into a small room but stopped before we could get in any further. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion as Sky raised her eyebrows at the abruptness of it. 

"Sorry I could only do one at a time privately, so who would like to go first?" The woman questioned kindly as I felt Sky's elbow press against my ribcage, motioning for me to be the one to go first. I huffed a big sigh and hung my head low, stepping forward as the woman's lips upturned into a bright smile. 

"I will, I guess..."I trailed off, my lips pulling to the corner of my mouth, my fingers pushing my hair behind my ear, feeling the nerves erupt through my spine and surge through my body quickly. I wasn't sure if I was ready for this but I had to suck it up. 

The woman gestured me to follow her inside, pulling the door closed as I caught a glimpse of Skyler's wide smile, jumping up and down in excitement at what we both were about to do. I shook my head at her, a quiet giggle erupting from my mouth as I sat down in a comfy chair as the woman scrambled through her desk. 

"Just write your full name and your birthday on this piece of paper for me," The woman motioned, sliding it towards me as I did what she said. It puzzled me as to why she only needed that information to tell me about my "soulmate", but I wasn't going to question it. I guess she was just that good at what she does. I slid it back towards her, as she glanced at it, her blue eyes perking up as she took a deep breath, her eyelids fluttering close. I tried not to focus on what she was doing, fiddling with my fingers in my lap. 

I watched her as she grabbed a large piece of paper with colored pencils and immediately started drawing. My eyes widened at her actions, intricately watching as she began to sketch. She began drawing him, her eyes focused on the pencil tracings as I quickly looked away, my eyes scattering the room to distract myself. I didn't want to take a peek because then it would ruin the surprise for me. 

I was curious, really, who she had pictured in her mind. Who she manifested that I would one day spend the rest of my life with. It was silly, coming to a psychic artist who could draw your soulmate and predict what kind of person he was, but yet I thought it was so interesting. I was skeptical because really she could be drawing anyone just to collect a few bucks. My heart sunk to my stomach at the thought, hoping this wouldn't be just a complete waste of my time. It was just for fun, I kept telling myself. Even if it doesn't end up coming true and happening, it's not the end of the world, right?

The second I heard silence come from her dropping her pencils, the sketching sound disappearing into thin air, I snapped my head towards her with a curious glance. Was she done? 

She was triumphantly staring at the drawing she had drawn, nodding her head slowly in satisfaction. She had turned it over on the desk, making sure my curious eyes wouldn't catch sight of it just yet. My bottom lip puffed out in a pout, wanting more than anything to see what he looked like.

"He's a very charismatic man Leah. He has a very big heart, but sometimes it gets him in trouble. He cares too much about people and it's hard to let them go. He is very respectable and loyal and he spends his time drowning himself in music, he loves music a lot. He's passionate and he likes to write because it helps him escape reality sometimes." The woman began talking, my heart fluttering at the sound of what he was like. A small smile crept its way upon my lips, feeling euphoric at the sound of him.

"Although, his mind is in a very dark place. He suffers a lot, battling his own demons, and when you guys are in a relationship, you'll be the only person who can pull him out of it. Don't let this scare you away though, he will swipe you off your feet instantly. He tends to make people feel special. He's a big family man, the way he treats his mom and his sister will showcase through your relationship with him. He knows how to treat a woman, so you have found yourself very lucky." She continued, my lips parting and my eyebrows crinkling at what she had said at first. Battling his own demons? I felt pain surge through my chest when she had said that, making me feel sorrowful for the man I have yet to meet. 

The rest of what she had said quickly disintegrated the pain I was feeling though, my small smile returning. He sounds so special already. 

"Unfortunately, your vibration levels aren't aligned, and your auras aren't calibrated. I predict it will take a year and a half for your souls to find one another, but that is just an estimate." She smiled brightly at me but my heart clenched at her words. A year and a half? It feels like it's so far away from now, but I know patience is key. I can't go insane over this and I refuse to go crazy looking for this man. When the world wants us to be together, we will be together. 

"W-What's his name?" I asked in a low voice, my voice shaking at all the new information I had received. The woman tsked me, shaking her head back and forth in disapproval. 

"That is something that should not be told to you. The universe can be disrupted if too much information is told, and the connection between the both of you can take even longer to happen." She responded with a weak smile which made me sigh quietly under my breath. That's the one thing I didn't want to do, jeopardize the future and end up alone. I shuddered at the thought and pushed it away from my mind. 

"Before I show you what he looks like, just know that this drawing and all the information I told you is confidential. You are turning yourself in the face of the universe, opening up your soul to what the future will look like. Telling other souls will disrupt your connection with him and will result in an energy blockage of your aura. Agreed?" The woman exclaimed causing me to nod eagerly, accepting what the consequences could be. This all seemed so eery to me, kind of stupid, but it had caused goosebumps to rise on my skin. I had thought to myself that this all just for me. All this information was meant for me and no one else, and I liked the idea of having something all to myself. 

Her hand had slid the drawing over to me as I eagerly took it off the wooden table, bringing it up towards my eyes. A small gasp escaped my lips as I took in the wonderful drawing. This woman was insanely talented. 

My fingers traced over the outlines of his face, the sharp jawline, and the intricate details that made up his face. What had caught me by surprise were the electrifying green eyes that caused chills to run through my spine. I felt butterflies erupt through the pit of my stomach, taking in the beauty that this man held. 

The strands of brown dark hair in small curls lining his face swiped over his head had caused me to smile. I was already so attracted to him and I didn't think it was possible to be attracted to art. The tip of my index finger traced his heart-shaped pink lips, feeling my body ignite with fire inside. 

"This is your soulmate," The woman happily said, enjoying the view of what my face probably looked like right now. I most likely looked like a child in a candy store, happiness flooding through me like it could drown me. "Quite the looker, yeah?" She laughed with a soft smile as my cheeks rose in a crimson color, feeling myself giggle quietly with her words. 

Yeah, this is my soulmate. 

////

beginning of a new story!!!! i had planned all this out last night and im SO excited!!!! I picture Leah to be Gabriella Wilde from Endless Love, look at how pretty she is in that gif ugh i cry :')

question: do you guys believe in psychics? if you do or you don't, comment anyways :)

hope you guys enjoyed, pls vote and comment and tell me what you think!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 107K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
914K 49.4K 34
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
854K 33.7K 44
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
336K 21.4K 85
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...