You're Our Secret Weapon {Mid...

By LoveIsAnOption

I love being free and doing whatever I please. I've been on the free life since age 7. I had to learn about t... More

Before we Begin
Novocaine
Mighty You
Everything I wanted
The Kids Aren't Alright
The only difference between Martyrdom and Suicde is Press Coverage
Camisado
Hey look Ma, I made it
Dangerous Woman
My Demons
Mississippi Queen
Time Of Dying
Let it die
I am Machine
Take Cover
Savior
Next to me
Instant Crush
The Future is Now
TRIALS
Villain I'm Not
UPDATE

But it's better if you Do

449 14 12
By LoveIsAnOption

Y/n's Pov

I ended up knocking out on a couch in the common area. I sat up and stretched. It was really quiet in the morning. I glanced at my watch, 5:07 AM. It wasn't too early, and by the looks of it, the sun wasn't gonna rise for another hour or so. I went exploring the common area, and there was a kitchen area. It was a beautiful sight, yes indeed. White marble everywhere, it all blended in so perfectly. I started to open cabinets, and they were all empty? What did these foolagains eat? I suppose I can head to the store. If i can find it. I left the common area and to Midas' office. I knocked, and he wasn't there. I opened the door and the coast was clear. Why did he leave the room open? There was a folder that read "DOOMSDAY DEVICE" on it, but i didn't bother to look at it. Instead, the map of the island. There was a location that read 'Retail Row'. Looks like I'm heading there. I memorized the map and I left the room, properly closing it. As I walked out the agency, I thought it would be easier to ask a henchman to take me there. And that's what I did. I kindly asked the masked man to help me on my journey and he gladly accepted.

There we were, on our way there and I've been thinking. Whats the currency deal here? Is it regular cash money or cards or what? "Hey man, what do y'all use for moolah?"

"Excuse me?" The henchman glanced at me confused.

"You know, currency?" I cleared myself up.

"Oh! Our currency is V-bucks, it's pretty simple. We have 1 buck coins, 5 buck coins, 10 buck coins, 20, 30, 50, 100, and so on."

"Cool. Do you want anything from the store? It's on me. Anything."

"You really don't have to-"

"Anything. " I cut him off. I had to repay his kindness of taking me to Retail.

"Fine." He gave in, "a.... Uh.... Coconut bar?"

"Sounds good my man. I'll be back in less than 20. I hope i don't keep you waiting." I said as I got off the boat. We were here.

"No worries Miss (y/n). Take your time."

I nodded and headed off. Surprisingly everything was open at such an early hour. And there was quite a few people here too. A quite good enough amount to pickpocket from. I grinned to myself. Free food yo. You gotta do what you gotta do. I went from person to person taking a reasonable amount from each. I ended up with about 3,000 vbucks. Im not sure if that's enough, but I'll text my luck.

I walked into what I assumed was a grocery store and went straight towards those veggies. Then to the protien- then all of that shopping junk.

I took about 10 minutes getting all the shit I needed. I paid 530 bucks, and I didnt knoe if that was a good bargain or not. I had 12 bags on each arm, carrying them all at once. Now that's what I call a total flex. I walked back to my driver, who was still in the boat reading the newspaper.

"I hope I didn't take too long! I got a few things. And here's the thing you wanted." I handed him the coconut bar.

"It was not a long wait! And thank you! I appreciate it. Where would you like to go next?"

"Uh..." It was still prettt early, but i had to deny my temptations, " Let's just head on back to the Agency. You and I can go exploring later, how does that sound?!" This dude could show me around more.

"That would be an honor! Heading back to the Agency right away!" He sounded so happy. I think I just made his day.

****

Arriving at the white building before us, this gentleman offered to help me with the groceries. He didnt have to, but he insisted. "Thank you, hench- wait, what's your name?" I set down a few bags on the counter and faced the masked man before me.

"I- I'm not supposed to say it-"

"Come on now, we're friends, aren't we?"

"I suppose so." He gained confidence. He also looked like- HE WAS GONNA TAKE HIS HELMET OFF! HOW EXCITING! "My name is Henry." He had short black hair and bright brown eyes.

I was left speechless. His defined jaw said it all. "Woah- you look way better with the helmet off- no offense-"

"None taken, it's just uniform." He smiled so brightly before taking his helmet and placing it back on. "Is there anything else I can assist you with?"

"No sir, you've helped me so much today. Im looking forward hanging out with you later."

"Of course! Have a wonderful day M'lady." And with that, he left.

***

I put away all the groceries and started to prepare breakfast. The clock read 5:47 AM. I didn't really take that long. Okay okay. Since I am half Latino, I will show these foolagains some culture. I will make 2 dishes, Menudo and Rice pudding. In case someone doesn't like the other. I started to cook the rice in one pot, and started heating up some meat in another pot.

I got out all the necessary ingredients and started out slowly. First, i was going to chop some onions. I washed my hands and an onion. I placed a cutting board on the counter and a really sharp knife. I sliced it in half, and placed both halves facing down. Lucky for me I made 1 cut on the half and the onion juice spat right into my right eye. Great. I dropped the knife and heard a door slide open. I couldn't see who it was with tears and a fucked up eye.

"Whats going on?!" I heard a male voice say.

"Oh nothing. Just, you know-" I wiped the tears away, which was a BAD idea, considering I just touched onions with both of my hands. "J-juSt viBinG." I said trying to play it cool.

"Are you alright?!!!" He rushed to my side, wetting a towel and cleaning my eyes.

"Midas- it's fine, its just some choppy veggie juice."

"Which stung your eyes."

"Its always the motherfucking onions. Those little shits can make a grown ass woman cry."

"What are you doing anyways?" He glanced around.

"Aww dang it. It was gonna be a surprise." I pouted. "Im just cooking up breakfast. Buuutt... Now that you're here, your help is necessary!"

"I don't know how to cook though-"

I cut him off by placing my pointer finger on his lips, "shhhh- it's okay. We all have to start at some point when we Begin to learn something, no? I'm gonna be here to teach you. It's all good."

"I- I am not sure about this-"

"It is your sworn duty to help me out. My good sir, I think that you need to open up a bit. It's like hanging out! We're going to have so much fun!!"

Midas Pov

"Well," I began, "when you put it that way, I suppose I accept."

"That's absolutely fantastic! I knew you'd like to help me out!" This girl is literally full of energy at 5 in the morning. Really impressive.

"Where do I start?"

"Wash your hands and take out the hominy, and dump it out in the pot without rice in it. Then take the Tripe and start cutting it into little squares. If you have any questions, ask me." She started to get herself busy chopping vegitables and i did what I was told.

"Quick question, when does everyone wake up?"

"Usually around 6:30."

"Gotcha! I hope you work well under pressure! Because, my man, let me tell you, it's gonna get fast!" I felt my face heat up. She wasn't even facing me, but when she said 'my man', that- that meant the whole world to me. She is truly indeed wonderful. "I hope you dont mind me swearing. Its a habbit." She smiled. That damn smile always gets me.

"Not at all sweetheart."

"Good. Because you better get your ass busy. Get a few limes and cut them into fourths. Then im going to need you are going to get cilantro and start chopping that as well. But you better start doing this shit ASAP. we only have about 40 minutes to finish cooking. And i need this to be PERFECT."

She is really intense. I love it! It was a good idea to check what she was doing. I was a little frightened to not see her earlier. But the good thing is now, in the present. Im here with her, trying something I'd nevee see myself doing.

"Alright! Im finished with the rice pudding, and it just needs to cook slowly." She closed a pot by placing the corresponding lid on it. She washed her hands afterwards.

"Alright sweetie! You're doing great!" She took the Tripe that was next to me and placed it in a pot with the Hominy in it.

"Here, let me get you a bowl to put those in-" she placed a white bowl next to me. "Okay, you can mix the cilantro and onions together and limes on top so it's easier to grab." I did get a little nervous, as to she was staring at me more than usual. I did what she told me and done. "See?! You did great. It may have not seen like much, but you helped me so much. Thank you Goldie." She walked over to the boiling pot and placed a handful of red powder into it and started mixing.

"We can start to clean up. It's currently 6:17, so it's almost time for my children to come and eat!"

"Children??" What in the world is she talking about??

"Sorry- I might've gotten used to saying that. But dont you ever think of your agents like children? You're like the boss- so you're technically like a dad!" She chuckled.

"You have a bright imagination. Im jealous." I laughed. Me, like a dad? I hadn't thought of it like that, but she does open so many new perspectives.

"I can teach you my ways. That's if you want. It can give me an excuse to hang out with you." She smiles.

I did indeed want to participate in dedicating time for a person. Especially her. "I-"

I was cut off by the agents bursting in the dining room.

"I SMELL FOOD! NO ONE EVER COOKS! WHAT'S GOING ON?!" Of course it was Skye.

"Wow! Who did cook? It smells delicious."

"Well, " I spoke up, "Y/n was up-" I was cut off again.

"Midas helped me. We worked together. As a team! Hope you like Latino foods." She placed an arm around my neck, alas she was way shorter than me, so she pulled me down a little. Such strength for someone her build.

"Wow Midas! Who knew you were into cooking." Brutus joked.

Y/n Pov

I sent them all to take a seat and started to pass out meals. "Careful munchkins, it's hot."

It looked very appetizing, but i didn't feel like eating. Ha.
Agents either recieved rice pudding

Menudo

Or both. I didn't care who got what, but as long as they ate I was satisfied. "Eat up!" I passed each person a note card. "Write a review when you're done." I walked into the kitchen again and grabbed some water. That's when I heard little tiny footsteps. More like a 5 legged creature. It was my bun bun. "Hey Timothy! Whats up little guy?" I took a sip of water as I examined the bunny before me. His ear had a little red dot that was flashing red. I panicked, and as I spit out the water in my mouth. At the same time, Midas walked in on me.

"Are you oka-" I tried to run out of the kitchen but instead slipped over the water I spit. How fantastic. I fell face front. I quickly got up again and started to run out with my companion.

"Wait!" I heard him run after me.

I carried my bunny in my arms, racing down a few flights of stairs. "Midas, now is not the time! I have to do something." I hurried even faster.

I felt him catch up. Right behind me. I s w e a r. This dude can't get enough of me. Right when I got on the main floor, I noticed my bag at the enterance of the agency, and I took it as I headed out. "Tim, get inside now." He did that in less than a second.

"Y/n! Wait! Please! I'll just chase after you!" He sounded desperate.

I stopped. "What?!" I yelled out.

"Why are you being so secretive all of a sudden?! You ran in a desperate rush."

"Look, Midas. I know we're friends and all but-" I felt a tiny bite on my neck. This little bunny boy- I swear. I paused. I glanced at the agency, then to a far mountain. "Scratch that. Get me to that mountain, RIGHT NOW!" I yelled out.

He nodded seriously in response. "Right away ma'am." He grabs my arm and rushes to the other side of the agency. I saw a helicopter, most likely our source of transportation. He helps me up, like a gentleman, and starts to drive away.

"Are you in danger? What's up? You know you can tell me anything." He said out of the blue. He also seemed a bit too nervous.

We landed on my desired mountain. I sat on the peak, and opened my bag. I pulled out an ear piece and radio.

"I'll tell you later." I place the ear piece in my ear and tuned the radio.

"She's nearby! Search and scan the area! I don't want her out of our sight. There is- what? She's listening!" Suddenly the connection was out and a high pitched noise was let out. I held my head and took out the ear piece immediately. That noise hurt me like HELL.

"Midas-" I quickly smashed the ear piece. I threw my radio as far as i could.

"Is everything okay-"

"No. Someone's after me. I don't know who- they know I'm here- I have to leave-"

He grabbed my hands and I calmed down. "You don't have to leave. Stay here and we'll protect you. I'll protect you. I can keep you safe at the Agency."

"I don't want to risk anything."

"You are currently being hunted. I can't leave you to die."

"If I'm being honest, I think a cult is after me. I can't let them see you. After what they did to me, what they'll do to you would be way worse. I can feel-" I seperated from his hand held grip and held my head. I saw images in my head.

Midas ran to my side and held me. "What's wrong sweetheart?!"

"I- future- you- vision- we need to lesve now! I had this vision of the future. We're in danger!" He picked me up and sat me in the choppa. He started it up and drove back to his home.

I rushed off the helicopter and towards henchmen. "We are on lock down! You all are to not let anyone in. If you see someone or people approach, notify Midas straight away. Spread the word and keep an eye of for any suspicious activity." Midas was behind me, and I grabbed his arm and rushed into the dining room. I never let go of his arm.
"Alright everyone! I apologize to burden you all with a such short notice, but gear up and meet up in the meeting room in less than 5 minutes. I have something to warn you all about. There might be danger approaching the Agency. Leave everything how it is. Hurry up AND DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW. WE'LL BE WAITING THERE. CHOP CHOP." I held Midas's hand to get a better grip on him. "Sorry Goldie, I don't mean to disturb you with sudden hand holding. I'm just getting nervous."

"Don't worry about it. If it makes you comfortable and at ease, I'll allow it." He smiled.

"Do you hear anything, Midas?" I'm pretty sure i started to hear voices. It might've just been in my head.

"I don't. Are you feeling well?"

"A bit lightheaded. That's all." Suddenly all the agents rushed in and took a seat. I projected my computer screen. I clicked on the private folder and clicked on "Camp".

"All right agents, Danger is on the way. There are people on this island who are hunting me down right now. Who are they, you are probably wondering. They are from a camp I thought I destroyed. A cult camp to be exact. I hate to say this-" I took a deep breath. "But you need to protect me. More importantly yourselves. All of you are unique in your own ways, but some of you aren't exactly human. And they dont like that. They believe God has been sending them messages to do some crazy was shit. But let me tell you, many of them are brain washed. With that said, these people wont hesitate to kill you, or knock you out and torture you. I can't exaggerate this enough. Please be careful. I dont want you all going through the same thing I did. With that being said, be prepared to defend and fight. Any questions?"

Skye raised her hand, " what is-"

She was interupted by explosives nearby. I held onto Midas' shirt. When I panicked, the whole team did as well. Midas held my shoulders. I regained myself. "Okay okay! Dont be alarmed. Just remember what I said. Here, I need you all to swallow these pills. They have tracking devices in them, in case we ever get seperated."

I handed them all out, and everyone followed my orders. Except Midas.

He glanced at the red funny looking pill. "Are you sure-"

"Midas, I SWEAR to god if you dont shove that down your throat-"

"Okay okay-" he swallowed it as fast as he could.

More explosions were heard. We heard running, shooting and yelling. There was a knock on the door. I rushed over to it, but Maya stopped me.

"Girl, don't. Stay back. You don't know who's behind there."

I stood back, hoping that it was a henchman with news to report. There was a thud at the door. She quickly opened the door. There was indeed a henchman, but he was bleeding out. His helmet was taken off and what was left was a bruised and beaten off man. I rushed to drag him into the room. "Okay, Midas and Skye stay with me, the rest of you spread out and see what you can find. If it's necessary, request backup. Go!"

They all left in a rush and skye locked the door behind them. "Skye, get me a medical kit."

"Here you go."

"Thank you sweetie. Now let's get you fixed up sir." I cleaned the man's face and gasped. "Henry?! What happened to you?!" It was the henchman from earlier. Midas stood there. I saw his face heat up, he was totally jealous. But not the point.

"T-They- y-you-" he breathed out.

"Take your time. Breathe. What's going on?"

He took a deep breath and spoke to the best of his capability. "There was this one man dressed in all white. He was wearing a cross on his shirt, and was holding a bible. He approached on of my men and asked if there was a Ms. (L/n). He shook his head, and the man took a pistol from the Bible and shot him. He called all of us liars. I didn't know what was going on. A large group of men and women arrived, surrounding us. They started to attack us. The same man said that you were here in this building. He said-" he started to cough blood. I sat on my legs and placed the back of his head on my thighs. "He said- he always knew where you were. He said something about a burn mark- I couldnt understand him well." He started to daze off.

"Oh no you dont! Stay with me. You helped me so much." I pecked his forhead. "Thank you."

"It was an honor, being by your side."

"It is an honor. You're not dying anytime soon. Skye, help me heal him up."

"Right away!"

There was a wall curtain that was able to sepearate the room into a little corner. "Midas, a moment of your time?"

"Of course, anything for you."
I lead him to the corner and slid the wall curtain across.

"I hope you're not squeamish." I took my shirt off.

"What are you doing-" his face flushed red.

"Don't worry, we aint fucking-" I pulled out a switchblade. I handed it to Midas.

"What do you want me to do with this?"

I turned my back to him. I pulled my hair aside. "You see that cross burn mark? It's probably blinking red, which shouldn't. Appearently those smart fools put a tracking device while they gave me this mark. I need you to cut that piece of skin off and remove the tracking device."

"I dont want to hurt you-"

"MAN. I would do this by myself but I can't reach. So you either help me by doing this, or leave me to DIE."

"Okay okay. Turn around." He said in the most sweetest and gentle voice. It was almost hypnotizing. Who knew a deep voice like his could be so soothing to hear? I felt a cold piece of metal on my upper left part of my back. It was just his hand. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

Out of nowhere, I felt a burning feeling on my back. "MOTHER FUCKER." I yelled a little too loud. Oh, the traumatic memories came back. "Dude, I think you took a little too much tIssUE."

"I'm sorry, I'm no doctor!" He retorted.

Midas' Pov.

"Thanks. It needed to be done anyways." She sighed.

"Here, let me patch you up-"

"SHE'S IN THERE! AIM AND FIRE." There was a voice that came from outside on the ground level. My reflexes kicked in and I pulled her close. Being near a window wasn't such a good idea, considering on what's going on right now. But just as I pulled her close, a bullet flew past her shoulder. They were aimimg for the heart.

"Jesus-" she clenched her heart.

I handed her her shirt as I patched her up. "Here, put it on and let's get out of here-"

"Midas. I know you're in there with her." Said a raspy but clear voice. Agent chaos. "Hand her over and this war will end shortly."

"Boss man, I know we're not going to hand her over. But- did Shadow and the cult team up?! Y/n! Why are they after you." Skye said in a scared voice.

"Agh!" Y/n fell down as she clenched her heart. "I dont know! We need to get out of here-"

I ran to her side. I stood her up and supported her by placing her arm over my shoulder. "Whatever is going on, it's bad-" more explosions were heard.

My ear piece beeped.

"Midas! Tina, Peely and Brutus are down. Meow man and I are halfway injured. What do we do?! There's so many of them-"

"Hey! Who are you talking to?!" there was another voice. "You're going to hand y/n over. If you don't, you can say goodbye to your perfect lives. You don't know who you're messing with." Gunshots were heard.

"Maya! Where are you?! Who's with you?!" I yelled into the ear piece. "Hello?!" No response.

"Let's leave. There's no time, we'll find them on our way out!" Y/n headed for the door but she was pushed back as it kicked open.

"Oh, excuse me!" Chaos agent was standing there, straightening his tie. He grabbed her and held her close. "My, you are truly beautiful. What are you doing with a monster such as this one?"

I felt myself run cold. I couldn't control myself. "I'm not the monster here! Just look at yourself! You-"

"Midas calm down!" I ignored Syke's pleads. I was already in my golden state.

"My, My! Midas dear do indeed calm down." Y/n struggled to get out of his grip. "But do tell me, when did you plan on telling little y/n here?"

I grunted and clenched my jaw. "I dont know what you're talking about."

"Don't play Dumb Gold boy. You only befriended the girl so you could defeat the Shadow agency. You're just using her. How did you even get her here? Did you seduce her here? You seem too caught up in your feelings boy. Feelings always get in the way. Your secret weapon is exposed."

"Midas- y-you were trying to use me to defeat another "team"?!" I could feel the hurt in her voice. "I JUST HATE RICH MEN IN SUITS." I was in disbelief, she grew the strenght to grab Chaos and tackle him to the floor. She grabbed something from his pocket and injected him with something. She also took a dna sample. Weird?! She then stood up and threw him out the window.

Skye rushed to her side.

Y/n's Pov

"Please! We weren't using you, you're our friend! We wanted to get to know you better! We could never use you as-" I hugged Skye.

"It's not your fight. I knew you were always so pure." I let go and faced Midas. "Were you really trying to use me?! Why didn't I put the pieces together?! Now is not the time for fighting. I will help you get your team back on their feet, then I'm dipping. I'm not going to be used for your entertainment." I'm not a toy that he can use when he wants to. I have a life that I want to live. "Skye, come with me. The team should be down stairs. The fighting has paused. Now is our chance to help them. "

She nodded. "Of course. I have all the med kits necessary to help."

"As for you Midas. I dont care what you do. Henry, once you're done healing, report to Midas' office. I'll meet you there when you can." And with that, I went searching for the beated team that was scattered around the building.

"Please don't leave y/n. We need you here. I need you here. I never knew you could fill a gap that I had in my heart. You're like an awesome mom to me."

"Don't worry. We can always stay in touch. I won't let anything bad happen to you."

"Midas really didn't mean any harm. I know he-"

I cut her off. "Midas is more than capable to kill me and hurt me in any way possible. I knew he couldn't forgive me so easily...
...

...

...

...

...Im not welcome here. I hate staying in toxic places where toxic people spit out acid. I mean nothing to him. I'm just his prisoner. He always needs to know where I am or what I'm doing. My best option for now is to leave for a while. Once I help out of course. I need time to be alone."

"I'll always be here for you."

**********

Sorry for the long chapter. I didn't really like how it turned out or the direction of the plot, but I'll promise to fix it up next chapter lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.1K 1.5K 31
The new assistant, y/n, works at the agency without knowing she will be Midas's assistant, she is given nothing but a small description of the person...
4.5K 66 14
(This is a fortnite story, send hate all you want) "I've had a few misconceptions in my life... but this... I can make an exception... the future is...
2.3M 65.7K 50
~Book One Of The Sold To Series~ *UNEDITED* Sneak peek.......... "Yes, he's my son, please don't hurt him I'll do anything" he begged. Does my dad fi...
607 14 6
¡𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨! sᴍᴜᴛ • ᴠɪᴏʟᴇɴᴄᴇ • ᴀssᴀᴜʟᴛ • sᴜɪᴄɪᴅᴀʟ ɪᴅᴇᴀᴛɪᴏɴ • ᴀʙᴜsᴇ • ᴀɴɢsᴛ ⋆⁺。˚⋆˙‧₊☽ ◯ ☾₊‧˙⋆˚。⁺⋆ After the accidental murder of her entire 9th...