Destiny | Bucky Barnes [2]

Af HannahDottier

"This plan is crazy." "It could be worse." "It's based on a movie!" ... Mere

Destiny
Graphics
Playlist and Trailer
Prolouge
Act 3
01|Lost Family
02|Aftermath of Sokovia
03|Royalty Friendship
04|Chained Fear
05|My Dear Soldier
06|My Princess
07|Safe Heaven
08|Building a Home
09|Sibling Reunion
10|Family Secrets
11|A Brother needs his Sister
12|Forgiveness is her Armour
13|They are my Brothers
14|Long Lost
15|The Devil's Anus
16|Get Help
17|Dragonrider
Act 4
19|Then There Were Two
20|Pirate Angel Parents
21|Frigga's Daggers
22|A Dusty Kiss of Death
Endgame poster
23|Even Hope Fractures
24|Vili's Legacy
25|We're No Longer Avengers
26|We All Have Missions
27|Home Is The Same But I'm Not
28|The Halls of Valhalla
29|My Sunshine & My Soldier

18|The Fall of Asgard

1.6K 55 46
Af HannahDottier

A/N:
Warning, mentions of self harm in flashback. If you ever feel the urge to do this to yourself, feel free to talk to me. I won't tell anyone else. I'm here for you.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"We'd stared into the face of Death, and Death blinked first.
You'd think that would make us feel brave and invincible.
It didn't.
~Ricky Yancey
⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Freya walked through the halls of the castle. She and Fandral had gone on a date that had taken longer than they had expected so Freya wandered through the dark halls of the castle.

The woman stopoed walking as she heard soft cries coming from Loki's room.

Freya carefully pushed open the door "Loki?" She stepped into the room and the sight in front of her made it feel as if her heart was ripped out. Loki was sat in the middel of the room, a few selfinflicted cuts on his forearms.

"Loki!" Freya rushed forward, as Loki looked up alarmed. Freya took ahold of her brother's forearms pressing her hands against the cuts. Her blue dress got stained in the process. Not that Freya could care.

"I'm sorry." Loki hiccupped as Freya looked at him, pulling soms bandages towards them "You needen't be. You promised you stopped." Freya whispered the last part as she bandaged his wrists carefully "I-I do not....I did not mean..." Loki cried again as Freya looked at him kindly, yet stern "Promise me that next time you will come to me." The boy nodded solomnly, before looking at Freya questoningly as she smiled weakly "Of course I will stay." She brushed soms of his hair from his face and pressed a gentle kiss to his forehead. Loki was pulled into a tight hug by Freya, his head tucked away securly under her head. His cries stiffeled in her neck as her chin rested on his head, slowly calming him down.

The next morning she would have to put the current dress underneath the rest of her laundry. After all, Freya had promised Loki she wouldn't tell anyone, not even their mother.

"You and I, we're two sides of the same coin sister. Maybe one day you will understand. If you live." Hela sneered as she threw a black spear at Freya, who narrowly dodged it. Thor aimed lightning at Hela, it didn't affect the older woman at all. Hela grew a sword and slashed at Nanna, who narrowly  blocked the attack with her Dragonfang.

Hela pressed forward, she was stronger than the Valkryie Queen. The sword started piercing Nanna's shoulder as she tried to push it away from her. Brunnhilde charged at Hela, who turned to look at the other brunette.

Brunnhilde only slashed once with her Dragonfang before she slid down to her knees and away from the Godess of Death.

"You want Asgard?" Thor asked Hela as he moved to lay down his sword "Whatever game you're playing, it won't work. You can't defeat me." Hela looked at Thor, ready to strike, but the plan had worked "No, but he can." Thor waved at Surtur, who had just exploded through the roof of the castle and kept on growing. Hela's eyes widened, by no means had she expected the plan to be the fulfilling of the prophecy of Ragnarok, the end of the Gods "No. No!"

Freya's eyes flickered to the Commadore that was flying their way. Loki was safe.

Everything around Surtur was destroyed by the flames and smoke.

Nidhogg looked at Hela before looking at Freya who gave a curt nod. Dragon fire could destroy just about everything, including the Rainbow Bridge. Hela's eyes met Freya's for a last time, they were haunting, the words that they were two sides of the same coin, rung in he white haired woman's ears. Hela and the part of the bridge that she had been standing on fell into the wild waters below.

"Tremble before me Asgard, for I am your reckoning." Surtur's voice boomed over doomed Asgard. The fire giant cut down a whole section of the city with one blow "The people are safe. That's all that matters." Brunnhilde looked over at her three injured friends "I mean, we all survived. That's nice for a change." Nanna smirked as she clung onto Thor to stand up straight.

"We're fulfilling the prophecy." Thor looked at the burning city, their home. It had been their home for over a thousand years "I hate this prophecy." Brunnhilde muttered "I believe we all do." Freya faintly registered Nidhogg landing next to her "Surtur destroys Asgard, he destroys Hela so that our people can live. We need to let him finish....No!"

Thor trailed off as he spotted the Hulk smashing Surtur's face "Hulk no! Stop it you moron!" Thor shouted as the Hulk continued to smash the fire giant's head. Surtur reached up with a fiery hand and grabbed the Hulk throwing the Hulk far away from himself. The Hulk prepared for round two "Hulk, just for once in your life, don't smash." Thor looked at the Hulk, who frowned "But...big monster." He pointed at the fire giant "Hulk, let's go." Brunnhilde pressed. The Hulk was torn between the options before he nodded "Friends."

Freya climbed on Nidhogg before the others climbed on behind her, after Freya had helped Hulk transform back into Bruce. The black dragon flew towards the spaceship that was already high in the air.

Freya walked through the ship searching her friends. They wouldn't have shied away from a fight and Freya knew that. For that reason alone there had to be a reason as to why Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg had been nowhere.

"Torvi!" Freya spotted the older woman and ran up to her, giving a warm hug that was gladly accepted "Freya." The relief in the woman's voice evident "Where are Njord and Eir?" Freya asked as she pulled back, the fear of her godchildren being dead "Right here." Torvi said as she nodded her head in the direction of the two kids, who ran towards Freya and wrapped their arms around her tightly "Freya!" The woman embraced them tightly, kissing the tops of their heads, before she looked up at Torvi again "Where is Volstagg?..." Freya trailed off as she realised what had happened "Hela." Torvi whispered, tears forming in her eyes. Freya looked from the children, that had pulled away from her and looked down at the floor, to Torvi "Hogun? Fandral?" Torvi shook her head solemnly as Freya's eyes closed, tears spilling down her cheeks.

Freya walked through the hallways towards Thor's room. He would be getting married later and surly he'd need Freya's help before the ceremony.

Skurge jogged towards the Asgardian woman "Princess Freya." Freya turned around to look at the man "What is it?" Her voice kind "Thank you your highness. Without you I would be dead." The man bowed a little "As you saved my life before. Everyone deserves a second chance, in the end you did what was right. That is what matters." Freya smiled kindly at the man who looked at her in amazement, how she could forgive him so easily "My axe is yours as well as my life." Skurge got down on his knees in front of Freya who looked at him shocked "I swear to obey your orders until the end of my days."

"Thank you Skurge. I will never ask for you to give up your life for mine, my only command for you is to live your life. It would be my honour to have you in my guard." The woman hadn't had a guard since her childhood, and while she didn't need one, she knew Skurge needed a reason to keep going so she accepted. Freya motioned for the man to stand up. He gently took her hand and kissed it "My princess." He gave a last bow before he walked away to help the Asgardians in whatever way he could.

Freya haltered her steps in front of the metal door that would lead to Thor's room.

"If you were here, I might even give you a hug." Thor sounded genuine as Freya opened the door and walked through "I'm here." Loki whispered "We all are." Freya added as the three looked at each other.

In five large steps, Thor was close enough to his younger siblings to hug them, and he did. Two large arms wrapped around Loki and Freya, pulling them close. Loki wrapped his own arms around the two as Freya wrapped her arms around her brothers' much larger frames.

Perhaps it was an hour, two hours, maybe even longer that they stayed like that. Hugging each other as if there would be no tomorrow. None of the siblings could really remember the last time they had hugged each other that tightly.

When they finally pulled away it was time for the definite union between the King of Asgard and the Nine Realms and the Valkyrie Queen.

Nanna and Thor joined hands before Freya, the whole population of the ship gathered around them. Freya smiled fondly at her best friend and brother, before she took a white cloth and started wrapping it around their joined hands.

"Today we are here to witness the union between Thor Odinson and Nanna Freyrsdottir. Those who are not among us watch from the halls of Valhalla, for this union is a joyous one. Thor Odinson, do you swear to love, care and fight beside Nanna till the end of your days?"

"I swear."

"Nanna Freyrsdottir, do you swear to love, care and fight beside Thor till the end of your days?"

"I swear."

"The rings please." Loki quickly handed the rings to Freya, who handed a ring to Nanna and one to Thor "You may now place the rings on each other's swords." The two quickly slid the ring over the hilt of each other's sword before turning to face Freya "I now pronounce you husband and wife."

The couple leaned in, sharing the long awaited kiss that would seal their union as their friends and people clapped for them.

The part lasted for hours, drinks where everywhere and people danced around. The fallen were mourned, but they would wait for those that lived in the halls of Valhalla, the wedding party wouldn't and thus grief was set aside for a few moments.

Thor and Nanna walked through the crowd of Asgardians, towards the makeshift throne. The people parted before him, bowing for their king and queen. The way Thor walked towards the throne, showed how the arrogant boy had died and the good man had been born. He wasn't arrogant, he wasn't showing off. He was a true king now, one who put his people before himself.

"Your throne." Brunnhilde bowed her head respectfully as Thor sat down with Nanna standing directly at his side, holding his shoulder "So, King of Asgard. Where to?" Heimdall asked as Thor looked back at the Asgardian people, his people "I'm not sure. Any suggestions?" Thor paused for a moment before he looked at Korg and Miek "Miek, what's your home planet?"

"Oh, Miek's dead. I accidentally stepped on him on the bridge, I've just felt so guilty I've been carrying him around all day..." Korg trailed off as he looked down at the little purple creature in his arms, that suddenly wiggled, clearly alive "Miek, you're alive! He's alive everyone! What was your question?" Korg light up as his dead friend appeared to not be dead, completely forgetting Thor's question.

Thor looked to his right, at Freya, Loki, Brunnhilde and Bruce who all nodded before he turned to look at Nanna who gave her signature smirk "Earth it is."

The three siblings looked out of the window and into space, in a comfortable silence "Do you really think it's a good idea to go back to Earth?" Loki asked hesitantly, breaking the silence "Sure! They love us there." Thor responded, not answering Loki's real question "Let me rephrase: Do you really think it's a good idea to bring me back to Earth?" Loki briefly looked at Thor and Freya, who each smiled at him "Probably not. But don't worry, brother...I've got a feeling that everything's going to work out." Thor patted Loki on the shoulder in a comforting manner as Freya took a hold of the younger man's hand "As do I, and you'll finally get to meet Idun."

The sweet moment was broken by a large ship coming into view. Without doubt it was bigger than their own ship, and it didn't seem friendly "Evacuate the ship. Now!" Freya shouted, letting go of Loki's hand as the three siblings ran away from the window. Something Freya would later regret.

A/N:
And that's a wrap on Act 3 and Thor: Ragnarok. Next Act is gonna hurt.......

Sorry for the Loki and Freya flashback by the way. I had the idea while reading another story so yeah...
Again, feel free to talk to me if you ever have the urge to do something like that yourself, or if you just feel like you need someone to talk to.

Anyhow, Skurge swore his life to Freya! And Thor and Nanna got married!!

Let me know your thoughts.

Sad Post

[Word Count:2217]

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

547 12 7
Y/N Y/LN has been part of the Avengers since the start, she's battled against Loki, Ultron and Hydra. Now the team is her family and everybody loves...
68 17 8
WARNING: this story is not yet finished, it is on hiatus but when I finish my current Harry Potter fic, this will be written next. What is publishe...
25.2K 1.1K 22
Tera Rose was Asgard's Royal Guard. Staying by Odin's side until said otherwise. She's protected the Royal Family for centuries on end. Who sat in th...
180K 2.5K 24
Bucky and y/n POV As Tony Stark's younger sister you sure have his sarcasm and brains. Tony has kept you a secret to keep you safe from his enemies...