Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

14.

12.9K 795 245
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
FOURTEEN:

Jungkook was sitting in-between his friends Jin, Hoseok and Wendy. The three were talking loudly, laughing and conversing with each other. But Jungkook's mind was somewhere else. He zoned out of the conversation that his friends were talking about, allowing his mind to travel from reality into a state where he could feel himself thinking about the events of the whole day. He couldn't believe that he allowed himself to comfort Taehyung. And he definitely couldn't believe that Taehyung allowed the cherry haired boy to comfort him. The more Jungkook thought about it, the more baffling it got.

"No Hoseok, just because I like your lips, it doesn't mean that I'm going to kiss you! Pervet!" Wendy laughs, slapping the back of Hoseok's head. Hoseok groans, and jumps over to Him for protection from Wendy, but Wendy drags him back to his place by his shirt. Hoseok groans when Wendy leaps onto him, and begins to hit him. Jin laughs and soon joins in, screaming, "that's what you get! Don't ask me for help you pervert! Just admit that you like her already!" The three of them pause where they are, Hoseok and Wendy staring at Jin with wide eyes. Jungkook snaps out of his trance to look at the three of them.

"... What?" Wendy stammers, pushing herself off of Jin and Hoseok, moving to stand up and pace. Jin chuckles nervously and also moves away, "I mean...couldn't you see Wendy, Hoseok is so obviously crushing on you. And you don't make it a secret either." Jungkook looks over to Hoseok who's practically turning more pale as each second passes. He looked so sickly that Jungkook started to believe that he was going to faint. Jin also notices and heads over to Hoseok with a goofy smile.

"Go on, now's your chance to ask her out, you better not fuck it up," he whispers harshly, shoving Hoseok over to where Wendy was standing nervously, biting her fingers. Jin then wraps himself around Jungkook, sniffling, "this is going to be so beautiful. Things like these moments really get the tears going," Jungkook nods softly and looks up to Jin, who's already tearing up, his cheeks turning red as he sniffles loudly. Jungkook then looks over to Hoseok and Wendy. Wendy looking very scared and nervous, whereas Hoseok stood awkwardly, scratching his head, trying to think of the right words to say.

"Wendy...I," Hoseok begins, before pausing once again. He sighs softly and turns to Jin, winking at him slightly before turning back to Wendy and taking her hands from her lips, and holding it tightly to his own. Jin sniffles loudly and blows his snot out onto Jungkook's shirt, and Jungkook sighs loudly, trying his best to ignore the mess that Jin was becoming. Wendy stares at their intertwined hands with wide eyes, her lips parted, as she slowly begins to look up. Hoseok opens his mouth to speak, but before he could say anything, Wendy stops him.

Hoseok looks at her weirdly, as she takes a deep breath, "Hoseok, I've never done this before. But I like you. A lot. And I want to be the one who expresses their feelings first, so that you know just how much I like you. And I didn't expect it because I always thought us two flirting was a joke, but I really like you. And I hope that you like me too," Wendy takes a pause, and looks at Jin and Jungkook with a warm, bright smile.

Jin starts to sob, his tears splashing down onto Jungkook's neck. Jungkook groans and tries to push Jin away, but the minute he moves away from Jin, the blonde haired mess drags Jungkook back into his arms, and holds him tightly. Jungkook sighs loudly, his arms giving up. Wendy takes another deep breath and looks into Hoseok's twinkling eyes, "I didn't want to confess like this but, with you, my best friend, and a close friend of mine being here, I can do it. Because I know that all of you have me, just like I have you. And that's all I need. All of you guys, individually taught me how to be myself, and I can't wait until we can have proper dates, because then I can show you how much fun we can have," Wendy finishes off, letting out a breath she didn't know that she was holding.

Hoseok doesn't say anything for a minute or so, the words not processing in his mind. All he can see is the beautiful girl standing in front of him. The girl that he didn't expect to fall for her. He lets go of one of her hands, and slightly caresses her face, to which she sighs in comfort, leaning into his body.

"...I didn't expect to fall for you...however contradicting myself, I knew from the moment you ran up to us, that some day, you'd make me the happiest man on the earth..." Wendy sighs in joy and leaps into his arms. Hoseok wraps his arms tightly around her, burying his head into her neck, relaxing his whole body because he felt comfort. She felt safe, and warmth. Wendy tears up, her emotions getting the better of her, and she wraps herself around him even tighter than before, like Hoseok was her lifeline, and she couldn't let go. Ever.

They let go of each other and laugh when they see Jungkook almost being strangled by Jin's long arms and Jin sobbing loudly. Wendy sees Jungkook's solemn face and pulls him away. Hoseok heads over to sit next to Jin, comforting the tall boy. Meanwhile, Wendy and Jungkook head outside of the room to talk. As soon as the door shuts, Wendy turns to Jungkook, "Kook, what's wrong? You look so sad." Jungkook tries to smile after this but he can't bring himself to do it, he can't lie to his best friend who was clearly worried about him, so he just shakes his head, him shoulders slumped. Wendy sighs, and takes his hand, "you can tell me anything Jungkook, remember that."

Jungkook sighs, and looks up to Wendy, "...I'm happy for you Wendy, I really am. But...the last few days I've been feeling really low. Like I'm missing something. But I don't understand what I need to feel happy again," Wendy looks at Jungkook with confusion, and she sees a sort of emotion in Jungkook's eyes that she's never seen before. "I don't understand," she says, moving closer to him, trying to reassure him, but he just moves away, shaking his head.

"You wouldn't," he snaps, blunt with his words. Wendy is taken aback, hurt filling her eyes. She couldn't believe that Jungkook was pushing her away. Physically and mentally. But she covers this up, and moves closer to Jungkook once again. "What do you mean Jungkook? Are you..." Wendy says frantically, beginning to panic. Jungkook's eyes soften and slant, as he takes her hand.

"It's not what you think. I'm not pushing you away...and I'm definitely not cutting you off. You're the only person who stuck by me, and you're still the only one by my side because you know exactly how I felt. And exactly what I went through. I'm not distancing myself...but I need some time to think... because... because I don't know what's going on with me. And I don't want you to worry yourself over me Wends."

Wendy begins to tear up when Jungkook's words begin to impact her. How could she be so stupid. Her best friend was hurting, and was confused, and she was so focused on helping herself, and becoming more confident that she never noticed she left her friend behind. She holds in a sob, when Jungkook hugs her tightly, "I'm glad that you were able to find yourself in Hoseok and Jin, but I need to find myself now...and I don't think that I'm going to be able to do it here."

Jungkook also starts to feel tears roll down his cheek. Why did this feel so much like a goodbye? His heart pangs as he tries to move away but Wendy holds on to him, "I don't want to let go of you," she chokes out, her voice low and breathless. "But I already let go of myself Wendy..." Jungkook whispers out, just loud enough to Wendy to hear, and that sets the both of them off. Sobbing loudly, in their embrace, not wanting to let go. 

"I'm so sorry!" Wendy says, holding onto Jungkook's hand, when he moves away from her. Jungkook smiles softly, taking his other hand and wiping away the tears on her face, "you have nothing to be sorry about. No go on, they must be wondering where you are," Wendy shakes her head, trying to hold in all of her cries. Jungkook's eyes were puffy, as he feels the lump in his throat rise, his heart thudding harshly, too much to control.

Jungkook reluctantly let's go of Wendy's hand, and turns to walk away. "This is the best thing that I can do," he voices out multiple times until he's outside in the cold. As soon as he steps outside, he lets out a breath, still holding in all of the pain. He watched as many people walked about, laughing and smiling, and yet he stood, feeling as if time was just flying by himself, like he was stuck. And there was nothing he could do to move on, like everyone else around him.

Jungkook walks forward, the tears barely holding on. The cold immediately wraps around Jungkook like a thick, weighted blanket. He was suffocating, even though he was outside where there was plenty of fresh air. Jungkook gasps for air as he walks towards his own building, his heart shattering every step he took. Nothing could get worse than this pain. Absolutely nothing. Even the darkness could envy the pain Jungkook held. And all the cherry haired boy wanted, was someone who could help him, and share this pain with. But he knew, in reality, that nothing was going to be able to mend his poor, sullen heart.

That's what pained Jungkook the most. Just two weeks ago, Jungkook was happy. He was content with himself, and he was ready to move on. Little did he know that he was only going to be stuck. With no one around him to understand.

"I want to go home," Jungkook whispered, hugging himself from the biting cold. His heart and mind missing his little sister. Oh she was so beautiful, she looked exactly like his mother, whereas he looked like his father. He missed his father's warm words when he was hurt, and he missed his mother's embrace. Her comforting arms that would hold him when the world was attacking him. Nothing could make Jungkook feel more safe than the feeling of home. And he was missing it. He missed his family.

Jungkook's body kind of relaxes when he finally sees the building that he currently lived in. He tried to make his legs move faster but they couldn't, they hurt, they hurt so much. He felt weak. Weaker than ever. And he didn't know what to do anymore.

"Jungkook? Jungkook what's wrong?"

Jungkook's teary eyes meet Jimin and Yoongi's. Jimin looks worried and for the first time ever, Yoongi looks concerned. Jungkook shakes his head, biting his lip, holding in a loud cry. He walks past them before they could say anything, and he rushes away.

Jimin looks at Yoongi, but Yoongi is just as speechless as his boyfriend. "Should we follow him? See if he's okay?" Jimin asks, Yoongi wraps an arm around Jimin's waist, allowing his boyfriend to place his head on his shoulder. Yoongi shakes his head, "no. Something tells me that he's going to be okay."

Jungkook finally reaches his room, and quickly opens it, shutting it behind him. He leans against it, breathing heavily.

"Oh hey Jungkook!"

Jungkook's eyes travel, meeting Taehyung's bright blue ones, and Jungkook finally snaps. "Jungkook?" Taehyung asks, cautiously. The cherry haired boy lets out a loud scream, and falls to the floor, crying, screaming, tears falling from his soft face and onto the ground. Taehyung quickly runs over to the cherry haired boy, wrapping his arms around the broken boy, "Jungkook!"

-------

One more chapter and then we're halfway through the book... woah.
So guys, I'm going to take a week off, if that's okay with all of you guys. I just want to get a head start on planning my new book, sorting out family issues and also personal issues.
Thank you all for reading! We almost hit 2k and that's all due to my readers, i wouldn't be alive without all of you guys....I love you all so so so so much.

Be safe, and take care.
💘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 49.1K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
869K 40.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
332K 29.1K 81
[soulmate au] when you're close enough to your soulmate, you start dreaming about them- more specifically their innermost thoughts, hopes and subcons...
475K 21K 44
Jeon Jeongguk is the quiet smart kid in college. He always aces his exams and he never has time for parties or anything like that. Kim Taehyung is th...