The Killer Was My Lover

By stardustspy

The painful and sudden death of her father causes Madison to desire for sweet revenge despite being completel... More

Synopsis
Greetings & blah
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2: Grief
Chapter 3: The Plan
Chapter 4: Maître
Chapter 5: Wish
Chapter 6: The Quest
Chapter 7: Lover
Chapter 9: The Note
Chapter 10: Questions
Chapter 11: Phone calls
Chapter 12: Innocence?
Chapter 13: Blue Blood
Chapter 14: Back home
Chapter 15: Killer's identity
Chapter 16: The Grand Revelation
~Epilogue~

Chapter 8: Revelations

35 8 5
By stardustspy

It has been three days since being with him. I knew it wasn't long enough, but as for me, I've felt a sense of belongingness with his company.

The fact that I am not a normal being--that I came from Alcenzia--was no longer a taboo between the both of us.

I didn't know why, but he seemed so worthy of my trust.

Anyway, we were currently cherishing the fresh air at the balcony of his house while taking a sip of the newly brewed coffee he had prepared.

The setting sun has also complemented the soothing feeling inside of me.

After looking at the sky for some time, I've diverted my attention towards Ethan. Indeed, I've felt really grateful for this guy.

I've already told him everything about my quest, and it was so pleasing to know that he was engaged in helping me. Well, it was evident with his acts too.

While he was busy stirring his coffee, I smiled.

"Uhm...Thank you," I said out of the blue.

Err...I'm not good at expressing my feelings, okay? So don't judge.

He faced me right away.

"Hey, no problem!" he said while showing his sweetest smile.

Aww! He looked charming.

"I hope you do like the taste tho," he added.

"No...not just for the coffee. For...uhm...everything. Thank you for helping me out."

Phew! There I've said it.

But still, words weren't enough to express how grateful I was to have him beside me.

Thereafter, I've firmly decided in my mind that someday, I would surely repay his kindness.

"Anything for you."

Upon hearing these, I looked away and took a sip with the coffee to hide the emotion my face was probably showing.

Woah, my face felt hot!

You may be thinking I was overreacting, but aaAaah, I've found it very sweet!

I bit my lower lip to hide my smile.
I did my best for it.
Could you even imagine that???!

"Madison," he called.

"Hmmm?"
I was still looking away tho.

"You know, you can unhide that one."

"The what?" Did he notice it? Whew! Act normal, Madison, act normal.

"Your emotions, maybe? You'll probably fart if you'll continue doing so."

Oh! there he went again!
Saying playful words, plus showing his playful smile.

"Duh!" I muttered as I forced myself more to hide my emotions.

Geez! I bet I've already turned red.

I tried exhaling some air to somehow ease this strange sensation within me.

and...
.
.
.
*Prrrt*

Oh yeah, great! My embarrassment was raised to its extent.

I farted.

"Told ya," he uttered with chuckles in between.

I was choiceless, and so, I just laughed it out. Well, you couldn't blame me! That's the least I could do to somehow release the discomfort.

But anyway, he laughed too.

After hearing our echoing peals of laughter, an ecstasy of emotion has somehow outpowered my sadness.

It felt so good to release our stress after this very exhausting day. We've already failed to find the mystic killer in countless attempts, but the good thing is, he has been always by my side.

With him beside me for all of these times, the feeling of bitterness and sorrow due to my father's demise was somehow eased.

His company made me feel tranquil, secured, and blissful.

"But seriously, Madison."

With raised eyebrows, I faced him right away.

"I have something to ask," he stated with his serious tone, suddenly making my curiosity rise all over my body.

I stared at him, waiting for his continuation.

"Did you ever have your first love?"
In a prompt, that question made me feel tense.

As far as I could remember, I haven't been in love before but...maybe now I do...

Uhh...I-I think so.

Wait, how can you really say if you were in love?
Would there be a checklist?

I was just clueless!

But one thing was for sure, this feeling I have right now...I've never felt like this before.

Sigh.

I didn't know what to say.

"Hey! It's fine if you can't answer that. Take it easy. You look so pale and anxious!" he said and made a chuckle.

"Let me answer it then," he added.

Before uttering a word, he first cleared his throat and turned his chair towards me.

"I met a girl almost seven years ago. She was appealing and unique, but her evident determination and bravery have caught me dumbfounded. Indeed, that girl was my first love."

I just listened to his words, wondering what his point in telling all of these was.

"I was eager to express it to her with the little courage I had, but fate was just so playful," he shared with sudden dismay in his visage.

"When her family knew about it, I was miserable to know that they were against me. They restrained me despite the pleading that I had done. Well, what can I do? She belongs to the nobility while I'm just a simple man."

His heartfelt narration caused a sudden twist of emotion inside of me. It was like a dull pain in my heart out of...perhaps...jealousy towards that girl he was referring to.

"So you've given up? Where's the courage then?" I asked, pretending to be interested in the girl he talked about.

"I didn't. In fact, even though situations have parted us, I tried looking for ways to see her again. I was still hopeful although I know that I was just knocking at the door of impossibility," he whole-heartedly shared with gloom in his eyes, causing me to look away.

"But now, surprisingly, that door opened, and I saw her again."

Upon hearing that statement, I could hardly describe what I was feeling at that very moment.

Was that his way of bidding goodbye? Great move, huh! Yeah, really.

The feeling of bitterness covered my soul once again, and I never spoke any word until he broke the deafening muteness.

"And I'm lucky she's with me right now."

I stopped.

Was he serious?
Did he even bring that girl in here?

"W-what do you m-mean?" I asked in confusion.

"Do you want to see her?"

Was he nuts?! Or was he just insensitive enough to realize that he was slowly tearing me apart?

"Sure!"

Geez! My pride whispered at my ears to just act as normal as I could.

And so, I did.

"Okay, just a sec!" he stated as he entered into the house.

I rolled my eyes.

"Whatever, I think she's ugly tho," I murmured, sure enough, he couldn't hear.

"I'm back!"

He looked soooOo eXciTed

but...

"So, where is she?"

I looked around yet there was no trace of anyone.

Was this just another form of his jokes? Sure, it wasn't funny.

"Here," he said as he faced a mirror in front of my face.

I blankly stared at my own reflection.

"You look so cute! hahaha," he exclaimed like a child, having fun with his own acts.

"Are you done?"

I got pissed off.
Well, who wouldn't? I thought he was already serious or something!

But anyway, at least there was no one to be jealous of mwehehe.

"Woah, chill!" he stated while still holding the mirror in front of me.

What was with him anyway?

"Seriously, Madison. The one you could see right now...that's the girl I'm talking about earlier."

"Eh?" I literally sounded dumb. You couldn't blame me, I really don't get it!

"But this is just me, what are you talk---
*gasp*
I was silenced.
I was even more confused.

I could barely understand anything anymore, so I just waited for him to clear things out.

The silence probably provoked him to state what he meant.

"You are the girl I love, Madison. You are my first love."

Despite his straight to the point divulgence, still, I wasn't clarified so I had to ask.

"But how? I mean we've just met for quite some time and not for seven long years."

Finally, I was able to put some of my curious thoughts into words.

"Correction, you were the one who met me for quite some time and not the other way around," he uttered heartily.

"Listen, here's my little secret."

My heart pounded so fast.
Little secret?
What in the world was his secret?
Gosh! He seemed so creepy lately.

I was getting very anxious.

"The truth is," he started.

"I am like you--half-human, half Alcenzian. Madison, I once lived in Alcenzia."

O--kay???

Was he trying to be funny?
Well, I've guessed not. He even earnestly looked straight into my eyes.

As I've processed what he had said, I realized a thought.

That wasn't impossible, right?

Perhaps, that's the reason why he wasn't surprised by the revelations I've spilled. As far as I could recall, he could even easily understand the Alcenzian terminologies I've been using at times.

I've remained silent.
I was still waiting for him to explain more.

"Well, I can't blame you for not recognizing me. As I've said, they refrained you to know me. They refrained you to know someone from the "commoners" who's willing to show his love to an elite like you."

At that very time, I've felt his sincerity.
The sadness in his face was crystal clear, although he was forcing himself to smile.

"They hated me just for that. They hated me for what I couldn't even control. Some even called me ambitious," he paused with a fake laugh.

I didn't know how to react or what to say, so I just kept my ears open to grasp his surprising revelations.

"But well, I have to disregard the hurt because I must honor the opinions of the people around you. They want someone...uhm...I guess, better than me."

I felt sorry for what he had to go through.

At that point, I've never felt so close with someone--well, aside from my family, of course--so I had the urge to at least say something.

"Is that the reason why you left?" I asked.

"Hmmm, just a part of it," he replied. "Actually, the very reason was due to father's death. Since he was the native Alcenzian between both of my parents, mom and I no longer had the reason to stay. Besides, everyone there seemed to dislike us."

Deafening silence covered us for a while as I was still trying to sink in what he had just revealed to me.

He cleared his throat, and so, I smiled awkwardly at him.

He smiled back. (Btw, this guy was really generous of his smile, huh).

"You know, the moment I knew you were Honcho Sullivan's daughter--the girl I've loved for so long--I was shocked and happy and thankful like, I don't know what to do!" he bolted.

I was so touched. Savoring his pleasant words, I've felt so special with what he said.

"Maybe, destiny was your friend," I said jokingly.

"I hope so," he faced me as he drew closer.

"I guess this is its way to close the gap between us," he added.

"Madison, always remember that I'll never get tired of pursuing you."

He came even closer, and in a blink of an eye, I felt his warm embrace around me.

I got stiff.

Having a protective father, this is the first hug I've ever received from a guy who isn't related to me through the blood.

And I actually...liked it(?)

"You know, if your heart is just a door, and if the only way for you to love me back is to knock, I'll surely bang it as loud as I can," he whispered.

Upon hearing these heart-warming utterances, I couldn't help myself but give in to the feeling.

"Why knock if I can just open the door for you?" I said and hugged him back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Elliot By DakotaJane Myers

Mystery / Thriller

108 23 10
Elliot is a high school student that likes the punk rock life, works as a cook and lives with his abusive father. A new neighbor moves in town and th...
11K 1.2K 15
A wealthy business owner teams up with a bumbling investigator to uncover the reason his girlfriend died four years earlier. Will he get the answers...
659 158 22
Carry on living without parents is already hard for them. Angeline and Sarah have been living under a happy masks seeing the other's happiness. Mostl...
Lost ✔️ By Genius Fetus

Mystery / Thriller

15.3K 2.9K 68
Parents disappeared. Brother disappeared. A stranger lurking in her room. An abusive and greedy aunt looking for an opportunity to do away with her...