[ LIFE IS ECSTASY ] + m.yg

By TheNiorun

โ Life is a daily oscillation between revolt and submission. โž In a society where Hybrids were still rejecte... More

[ TEASER ]
BLEU SIDE ( ๋ธ”๋ฃจ ์‚ฌ์ด๋“œ )
THROW AWAY ( ๋ฒ„๋ ค )
LIFE ( ์ธ์ƒ )
MONSTER ( ๊ท€๋ฌผ )
SO WHAT ? ( ๊ทธ๋Ÿผ ๋ญ ? )
SEESAW (์‹œ์†Œ )
VOICE ( ๋ชฉ์†Œ๋ฆฌ )
QUESTION ( ๋ฌธ์ œ )
MAGIC SHOP ( ๋งค์ง ์ˆ )
MA CITY ( ๋‚˜์˜ ๋„์‹œ )
DAYFLY ( ํ•˜๋ฃจ์‚ด์ด )
BOYS WITH FUN ( ํฅํƒ„์†Œ๋…„๋‹จ )
HIS NAME... ( ๊ทธ์˜ ์ด๋ฆ„์€... )
WHO IS HE ? ( ๊ทธ๋Š” ๋ˆ„๊ตฌ์•ผ ? )
BUTTERFLY EFFECT (๋‚˜๋น„ ํšจ๊ณผ)
THE NOTES 1 ( ๋…ธํŠธ 1 )
THE FINAL NOTES ( ๋งˆ์ง€๋ง‰ ๋…ธํŠธ )
TELL ME ( ๋งํ•ด์ค˜ )
SWEETEST LIE ( ๋‹ฌ์ฝคํ•œ ๊ฑฐ์ง“ )
NAME ( ์ด๋ฆ„ )
BLUE DREAM ( ํŒŒ๋ž€ ๊ฟˆ )
RAIN ( ๋น„ )
HER ( ๊ทธ๋…€ )
MOIRAE ( ๋ชจ์ด๋ผ )
CLOTHO ( ํด๋กฏํ˜ธ )
AGAIN ( ๋‹ค์‹œ )
WALK ON MEMORIES ( ๊ธฐ์–ต์„ ๊ฑท๋Š” ๋ฐค )
LONG TIME NO SEE ( ์˜ค๋žœ๋งŒ์ด์•ผ )
BETWEEN TRUTH AND LIES ( ๊ฑฐ์ง“๊ณผ ์ง„์‹ค ์‚ฌ์ด์—์„œ )
LIE ( ๊ฑฐ์ง“๋ง )
YOU CRY AT ME AND SAY (๋‹ˆ๊ฐ€ ๋‚ด๊ฒŒ ์šธ๋จน์ด๋ฉฐ ๋ง์„ ํ•ด...)
TINY LITTLE BOY ( ์•„์ฃผ ์ž‘์€ ์†Œ๋…„ )
THE DOORS OF HELL ( ์ง€์˜ฅ์˜ ๋ฌธ )
SELECTION ( ์„ ํƒ )
OUR FIRST MEETING ( ์šฐ๋ฆฌ์˜ ์ฒซ ๋งŒ๋‚จ )
POISON ( ๋…์•ฝ )
LINGERING FEELINGS ( ์—ฌ์ „ํžˆ ์ฒจ๋ถ€๋จ )
HOMETOWN SMILE ( ๊ทธ์˜ ๋ฏธ์†Œ )
COMPLICATED ( ๋ณต์žกํ•˜๋‹ค )
CALL HER ( ์ „ํ™”๋ฅผ ํ•ด )
DECISION ( ๊ฒฐ์ • )
MISSING ( ์‹ค์ข… )
TRAP ( ํ•จ์ • )
WELCOME BACK ( ์ง‘์— ๋Œ์•„์™”์–ด )
SELFLESS ( ์‚ฌ์‹ฌ์ด ์—†๋Š” )
TELLER OF LIES ( ๊ฑฐ์ง“๋ง์Ÿ์ด )
CHOICE ( ์„ ํƒ )
EPILOGUE : YOUNG FOREVER ( ์˜์›ํžˆ ์ Š๋‹ค )
LIFE IS ECSTASY : HIM ( ๊ตฌํ•ด์ฃผ์„ธ์š” )
LIE IN EUPHORIA (๊ธฐ๋ป์„œ ๊ฑฐ์ง“๋งํ•˜๋‹ค)

START ( ์‹œ์ž‘ )

2.8K 139 27
By TheNiorun

" I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream. "
- Vincent Van Gogh

Tick, tock, tick, tock... Without missing a beat, Yoongi listened quietly to the clock ticking in their room. While Minhyuk and Hyungwoo were talking about the homework they had to do for next week, Jimin was seating on the floor next to him. He was holding a coffee-colored illustration book in his hand while Yoongi was blankly staring at the obscure sky.

When he finally tore his eyes away from this view and glanced at the clock. 7:12 pm, he read.

His ears suddenly twitched at the sounds of footsteps getting nearer their room.

" They are here. " Stated Minhyuk.

After a few knocks, their door room swung open, revealing a young man in his uniform.

All boys all stood up from their seats, even Minhyuk and Hyungwoo. Then, they all walked toward the man.

He then noticed the other kids from their class and some others that he assumed were from the other Levels.

" N°4735 and N°4742, correct? " Asked the man while he was pointing at the boys as they immediately nodded their heads.

" Good, you are the last one. " Said the man as he noted something on a notepad.

" Do we need to take something with us? " Asked Yoongi, to which the warden quickly replied, " That wouldn't be necessary. "

Yoongi and Jimin then turned toward their roommate and nervously waved at them, wishing them a good night since they didn't know where they were going or for how long they would be gone.

Soon enough, the group left the boy's dormitory and noticed that the hybrids from the girl's dorms were already standing in front of the facility entrance. Next to them, were some other wardens and four minivans.

" Where are they going to take us? " Asked the panther hybrid, N°4739.

" To another building. Deep in the forest. " Replied the jaguar hybrid, N°4727.

Deep in the forest? Another building?

Yoongi turned toward Jimin, and looking at his eyes, he knew they were thinking about the same thing.

" Do you think it's that building? " He whispered.

Yoongi shook my head, " I'm not sure, but it looks like it. "

The route the van took was completely different from the one that he, Jimin, and Minhyuk took, but they did arrive in front of the C building.

" It is that building. " Stated Jimin while the wolf hybrid silently nodded.

While they were all standing in line in front of the entrance, from the corner of his eyes, Yoongi noticed a familiar face. The Catahoula Leopard dog hybrid he saw on his first day at the facility. She was the one who dared to raise her voice against one of the humans.

When he saw she had a gloomy look on her face, he immediately looked around to see where her sister was, but to his surprise, he could see her nowhere. What happened to her? He wondered.

Suddenly, another familiar voice erupted in front of them. It was the same voice that the hybrids heard in the megaphone when they came to the facility. Unlike the wardens who were wearing a black uniform, this man was wearing a night blue suit with a white shirt tugged in his pants. From the wrinkles around his eyes and mouth, he assumed he was at the end of his forties. His brunette hair was neatly styled back, giving him a clean yet stern look.

" I know that for some of you, it's the first time that you have been selected. Some might feel afraid while others are simply excited. However, tonight, a chance has been given to you all to get elected, personally, by a nice family. " He looked at all the children and continued, " I will ask you to keep a good behavior for tonight, and I want you to remember children, that tonight, you aren't simple classmate to each other, but competitors. Good luck. "

As soon as the man finished his speech, the kids were quickly escorted toward the entrance and as soon as they stepped inside the building, they were instantly hit by the architectural beauty of the rooms.

It would be best to compare it to the inside of a castle you would find in a fairytale book, thought the wolf hybrid.

" Wah~ " Chanted some kids in awe.

Yoongi could perfectly understand their bewilderment. He was very troubled himself by how big each room and hallways were. It could definitely turn into a maze if one didn't know better.

When he looked up, fancy chandeliers were hanging, decorated with crystals, while the walls were painted in a ruby color with gold bordures. Several paintings from different styles and eras were hanged on the walls as plants were nicely decorating in each corner of each room.

" We are here. " Said one of the guards. " The male hybrids can enter the room and patiently wait for their next instructions. While the females can follow me to the next one. "

His eyes followed the other group until the doors have been completely shut. Why were they separating them now? Yoongi then turned to look around the place and was a bit surprised by the void of furniture there was. It was nothing like earlier. Plain white walls, tables, and cameras cornering the room. However, he was intrigued by the mirror up the wall.

" A two-way mirror, huh? " Suggested someone out loud, almost as if they were answering his question.

Yoongi walked toward that cat hybrid who seemed to be maybe, 2 or 3 years older than him. His hair and fur were made with a marvelous silver color, along with a few dark gray spots. His eyes were a mesmerizing blue sapphire color, with a hint of yellow around his pupil. Yoongi then read his number bound to his white uniform, like his, N°4623, Lv2.

" Why do you think it's a two-way mirror? " Asked the wolf hybrid.

The boy turned his face to Yoongi with a surprised look, probably startled that he came to talk to him, " They can't select us if they can't see us. " He finally replied.

" Then, do you know how we will be selected? "

The boy smirked and responded, " It changes every time. But basically, knowledge, senses, physical ability, and survival will be put to test. Is this your first participation in the selection? " He asked as he read Yoongi's hybrid number.

The boy nodded.

" Then be careful. You can't ask for help from anyone, 4735. " He then turned his head to look toward the mirror. " ...For their simple entertainment. " He muttered.

" Huh? "

The hybrid looked back at him and smiled. " Good luck. " Then turned to walk away.

As Yoongi was about to go after the boy, a high pitched voice intervened. " Hey, Yoongi! " He looked around and saw Jimin standing next to him. " I've been looking for you since earlier. Huh? Who was that? A friend? "

" Huh?" Yoongi turned his head toward the silhouette that was walking away and turned to face back Jimin, " N-No. I don't know him. "

" Hm, I heard that the first test is starting soon. "

Yoongi frowned, " Test? "

Jimin nodded, " That's right, a test. Apparently- "

" Children. " A voice suddenly erupted in the room. " The first test is about to begin. Please follow strictly the instructions that are going to be given to you. "

Abruptly, the first test began. Each one of them was directed to a different spot in the room before a sheet of paper and pen were provided to them. A timer was set up to answer all the questions on the sheet. Yoongi noticed that many kids seemed to be as confused as he was, so that was a bit comforting.

And so on, they were questioned on different subjects and manners. Sense of smell, hearing, touch, taste, sight, and even their sixth sense was put on test. And frankly, Yoongi didn't have much trouble in accomplishing each task that was asked of them. Until...

" Now, test N°8. Physical capabilities and survival instincts. "

As soon as the next test was pronounced, sudden whispers echoed in the room. The tension was at his highest, and Yoongi couldn't comprehend why. He looked around him and noticed the expression that each boy had on. It changed completely and turned into something horrific.

He gulped and turned to his right, hoping to find a smiling Jimin who would explain to him what was happening, but he was the same. His once innocent expression turned sour and severe.

This is when he understood the true meaning of, " Selection. "

As the noise of a bell rang out across the room, the body of the boy who was standing next to him was thrown against the floor. Before Yoongi could even blink, someone else had thrown themselves on him and punched him in the face.

It was N°4697, Yoongi's classmate.

" 4697! What are you doing?!! 4697, Stop!!! " Yoongi managed to push him away from him before he pressed his fingers against his bleeding lips.

Then, he witnessed the most horrifying scene of his life. Children were fighting each other in the most brutal way. A few used their claws to scratch other's faces, while some punched and kicked to protect themselves.

" What is going on? "

The boy who finally stood up from the cold floor glared at him, " I have to win! " He growled before he lunged at him.

Luckily, Yoongi managed to move away in time and let him fall over the floor again.

As he looked around him, this is when it ticked. This was the 8th test. Physical capabilities and survival instincts. The young hybrids had to fight each other to prove their value.

When 4697 lunged at him for the third time, a sudden figure appeared behind him and turned him around to punch him. It was N°4736. He got on top of 4697 and punched him in the face until he lost consciousness.

" Wh-Why did you do that? "

4697 looked at Yoongi as if he had just acknowledged his presence. His golden eyes reflected nothing but hunger to fight, just like a wild animal. Just like... a jaguar. He looked nothing like a young boy.

" Ah, was he your prey? Sorry. " He said as he got off from him to stand up.

Yoongi then looked around in search of Jimin and stopped 4736 to ask him if he had seen him.

" Huh? How would I know? " Was his answer before he walked away, further inside the battlefield.

The smell of sweat mixed with blood was the only thing that was lingering in this room. Enough to make him want to throw up.

When he noticed that some boys were as lost as he was, he felt a bit relieved that he was not the only sane person in this madness. One, in particular, at least three years younger than Yoongi, sat on the floor while he was balling his eyes out. He quickly walked toward him, knowing full well that someone would take advantage of his state to attack him. And he was right. A hybrid jumped at him from behind, but luckily he arrived on time to push the kid away.

" Are you okay? " Asked Yoongi.

The boy nodded his head, tears streaming from his eyes.

" Hey, he is my prey!! "

That guy was obviously bigger than Yoongi and probably stronger too. Though he couldn't let him hurt this kid, " Hey, why don't you take someone of your size? Are you scared you would lose to them, so you attack the weak? "

This seemed to have hit a nerve because as his brown-colored ears flattened on his head, he started to violently growl. He raised his arm, stretched his hand wide open, ready to scratch the pair with his claws, and wipe them out from the selection.

Yoongi closed his eyes while hugging the boy in his arms, turning himself into a shield and hoping for the impact to be as painless as possible. But feeling nothing touching him, he grew confused and turned his head to see why he hasn't been injured yet.

" Wh-Why? "

X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.8K 1K 61
Completed | Editing ๐Ÿˆโœจ Min Yoongi, a rapper, producer and song writer of a worldwide loveable K-pop group named BTS...
493K 26.4K 80
Y/N has a steady job and lives alone, that is, until she tags along with her friend to the shelter. Jimin, Hobi, and Yoongi have been waiting to get...
38.2K 1.8K 17
When the dog hybrid who visits her bakery starts taking extra food Y/N follows it through the alley's to find out why, but what happens when she stu...
1.3K 46 37
NOT AN ABO FANFICTION! THERE WILL ALSO BE NO RANKS. THIS IS ALL ANIMAL FACTS JUST IN HYBRIDS AND A PLOT. A Lion pride. Lioness who follow their leade...