Star Crossed-Myth: A Dark Aw...

By Starlight-Writer

A Star Crossed-Myth Fan-Fiction & Sequel to Star Crossed-Myth: A Divine Fate It was all to good to be true to... More

Chapter I: More Than It Seems
Chapter II: Quiet Before the Storm
Chapter III: Face Reality
Chapter IIII: Friendly Greetings
Chapter V: Spoiled For Choice
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story I
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 2
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 3
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 4
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 5
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 6
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 7
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 8
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 9
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 10
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 11
Karno, The Mature Gentleman: Story 12 (END)
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 1
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 2
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 3
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 4
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 5
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 6
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 7
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 8
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 9
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 10
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 11
Zyglavis, The Complicated and Severe: Story 12 (END)
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 1
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 2
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 3
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 4
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 5
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 7
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 8
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 9
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 10
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 11
Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 12 (END)
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 1
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 2
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 3
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 4
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 5
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 6
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 7
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 8
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 9
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 10
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 11
Krioff, The Surly Lone Wolf: Story 12 (END)
Tauxolouve, The Mysterious and Mature: Story 1
Tauxolouve, The Mysterious and Mature: Story 2
Tauxolouve, The Mysterious and Mature: Story 3
Tauxolouve, The Mysterious and Mature: Story 4

Aigonorous, The Detached Slacker: Story 6

12 0 0
By Starlight-Writer

When Aigonorous brings me to a mansion I've never seen before, I'm awed at the luxurious décor. But that doesn't last for very long when Aigonorous suddenly has me worried for the reason we're here.

Someone he wants to see?!

As to what Aigonorous tells me, this 'he', is can be difficult. I find myself entire body stiff, standing at attention. My eyes darting around the room, expecting for someone to appear.

"S-So, are they are friend of yours?" I nervously ask.

"Not really..."

"Oh...so, then, a relative?"

"You'll see." Aigonorous discloses the conversation at that.

My thoughts run wild. It must be some high-ranking god if they own a fabulous mansion like this...

"Oh, there you are." Aigonorous calmly says as he turns to look behind us.

I slowly turn around, following Aigonorous line of sight, and something leaps out of the shadows.

"Me-eh!"

"Whoa—w-wait...a goat?" I jump a few steps back at the sudden surprise.

A single goat appears, its hooves clopping lightly on the floor. The second it spots Aigonorous, it bleats loudly.

"Aigonorous...you came all the way here to see this goat?" I question.

He sighs, irritated. "It's not a goat."

"O-Oh...but..."

"It's a proud divine beast."

I nod. "Okay, okay."

Sounds like a goat...looks like a goat.... its a goat. I keep the thought to myself.

Then, Aigonorous places two fingers in his mouth, and whistles. As the sound echoes throughout the mansion, goats, one after another, start coming out of all sorts of directions.

"...H-How many are there?" I ask, bewildered at the sight.

"There are four in this room, and there are more in the back."

"Meh-eh!" One of the goats, nuzzles its face against Aigonorous leg.

I smile at the sight. Awe...they like him.

The goats vie for Aigonorous' attention.

"So...divine beasts, huh?" I look at Aigonorous.

He nods. "They're holy heralds of the gods."

"And, that means? —Wait, do the other gods have heralds like these too?"

I then ponder the idea. I've known them for a year, not once have they brought up magical beasts...

"No." Aigonorous then goes on to explain. "Each god is born with a unique ability. The power to stop time, or the power to manipulate shadows. These guys are my power. I have the power to control living things... The power to make them in my holy servants."

"The power to make them into your followers?" I clarify.

"The birds in the air, the fish in the sea... I can make any animal love and obey me."

"Wait, any animal?" I gasp. "Aigonorous, that's amazing!" I look to the goats. "So, that means you controls these guys with that power too?"

He nods, lethargically. "Mm-hmm..."

Then the heralds seem to have had enough of their reunion with their master. They leave us, wagging their tails as they go.

"Is that why you take care of them here like this?"

"...Yep." He says with a small smile.

I smile back. "You really care about them, don't you?"

"Huh?" My question seems to catch Aigonorous off guard.

I raise an eyebrow. "What? You don't? But you get this gentle, kind look in your eyes when you seem them."

"Oh...I guess." That surprised expression is gone, and his usual, tiresome look returns.

"Hm...." I look around the room. "Didn't you say there are four heralds in here? I'm only seeing three."

Aigonorous bobs his head in a direction up ahead. "Over there... There's another one behind the pillar."

I follow to where Aigonorous says, and that's when I notice the fourth herald. That single herald is quietly looking this way.

I point to it. "Is this one wary of people? That others came running up to you, but this one didn't."

"He's the moodiest one, but itis not just that." Aigonorus says. "His leg has been that way ever since he got hurt."

"He hurt his leg?" Then it dawns on me. "Oh! Is he the one who protected me when that guy from the under realm attacked me?"

"...Yeah." Aigonorous shifts uncomfortable when he answers. "His injury healed, but he's still not standing. He should be able to walk by now though."

"Ah...I see."

That's why Aigonorous wanted to come out today. He wanted to check in on this herald...

I slowly approach the herald. "Hi, little guy. Thanks for before."

"Hey, wait!" Aigonorous calls out.

"Me-eh-eh!"

"Ah-hey!"

As soon as I try to approach the divine beast, he sticks me with his horns, scratching the palm of my hand.

Aigonorous comes up beside me. "You okay? Nashira only likes me." He tries to calm the holy herald, named Nashira.

I shake off the sting of the scratch and try again. "So, your name is Nashira, huh?"

"...You're going to get hurt again." Aigonorous warns.

I can't help but feel bad for Nashira, as it stands there alone, while watching the others play around. I'm sure he feels lonely.

Careful not to make any sudden movements, I kneel down to the herald's eye level, and speak to it softly. I slowly extend my hand to Nashira, laying it flat. "I wanted to properly thank you for saving me before. I'm really sorry you got hurt."

"...Hey, what do you think you're doing, sitting down there?"

"I want him to know I'm not a threat. I want to help him."

"Meh-eh!" Nashira bleats aggressively.

I don't wince at Nashira's actions, and don't look away from his eyes. Noticing the beautiful shine of its coat, and vibrant eyes.

"You don't need to be afraid of me." I kindly say.

"Me-ehh..."

I refuse to give up, and continue to talk to Nashira until the aggression and fear in his eyes are gone. His bleats turn calm and docile.

"...Huh?" Aigonorous observes the situation with wide-eyes.

"Nashira...is it okay for me to pet you?"

"...Meh-eh-eh..."

I smile and slowly reach my hand out to the herald's leg. "Its okay..."

When I touch Nashira's leg, and he doesn't react. I get a better inspection at his leg and, see that Aigonorous was right. The injury that once was there is completely healed.

"Your injury is all better. Why don't you try standing up...here, let me help." I attempt to try and stand Nashira up right but he shudders when his hooves touch the floor.

He's just scared. Assuming he won't be able to walk.

"Come on, let's try again. You can stand up, Nashira." I earnestly convince, determination resounding in my tone.

"You..." Aigonorous continues to watch with amazement.

Support the animal's underside, I somehow manage to stand him up. Then, Nashira tries not to put too much weight on the leg that was injured, and...

"Meh-eh!" The herald happily gallops circles around me and Aigonorous.

"There you go, see, Nashira, you're walking." I applaud.

Bleating joyfully, Nashira then runs off to join the others.

"Awe, isn't that sweet. Nice going, Nashira." I smile as I watch the excited herald from afar.

Aigonorous us standing beside me, watching Nashira in the distance when I meet his gaze. "Why are you so happy?"

I look at him, perplexed. "What do you mean? Nashira couldn't walk and now he can. Shouldn't that be a reason to be happy?"

Aigonorous then cracks a grin. "...You're a mess."

"What are you talking about?"

It takes Aigonorous pointing it out to for me that I finally realize the state I'm in. Being so focused on helping Nashira, I didn't notice that my hair is an utter mess. Nashira's hairballs are stuck all over my clothes as well.

I'm examining my self, bewildered by the state I'm in. "Aw man..."

Aigonorous' long fingers suddenly reach out to pluck a ball of goat hair out of my hair.

I lightly gasp at his sudden action, and my heart flutters. "Um...thanks."

"You're welcome." He says nonchalantly. "Nashira can be difficult. This is the first time I've ever seen him be friendly to someone other than me." His lips curl into a winsome smile. "You're really something."

And for a moment, I find myself mesmerized by Aigonorous' genuine smile.

Later...

We leave the heralds' mansion behind and return to Aigonorous' room.

I let out a sigh of relief. "You know, when you brought me that mansion, I was pretty nervous about what kind of god I was going to meet. But, turns out, you wanted to check on Nashira."

"Mansion?" Aigonorous repeats.

"Yeah? The place we just visited."

"Ohh, you mean their pen?"

"Their pen?!" I exclaim.

He calls that their animal pen?!

No wonder he called my apartment an animal pen...Geez...

"Hm...what's the matter?" I turn to look at Aigonorous, who suddenly stopped walking.

"About before..."

"Um...yeah?" I tilt my head to the side.

"Don't go thinking I owe you for that."

"Wait, owe me? What are you talking about?"

"Because Nashira was able to stand up thanks to you."

I still don't understand what Aigonorous means, and I continue to look at him oddly. "Nashira stood up on his own. Besides, I just wanted to repay him for saving me before. It was the least I could do."

"He only tried to save you because I ordered him to guard you."

I roll my eyes. "Ever if he was just following ordered. He helped me. It was only fair that I thank him."

Not that I really did anything special...

"Whatever..."

I stand there in disbelief at Aigonorous sudden attitude.

Aigonorous is deep in thought about something, as his eyes downcast to the floor. He stays like that for a moment before suddenly point at me.

"I'll grant you a wish, just one."

"Wh-What?"

"Whatever you want..." He shrugs. "It's only fair to thank someone who\s helped you, right? Nashira belongs to me... I don't want to owe you for anything."

My heart beats slightly faster at his words. 'it's only fair to thank someone who's helped you.'

Could this be his attempt at trying to tell me he's grateful for what I did?

Shocked to realize that's what this is all about, I do my best not to start smiling.

"A wish...huh? I mean...I don't know..." I rake my fingers through my hair, as I awkwardly look down at the ground.

"You don't have one?"

"Uhh..."

I try to think of something, however, the only idea that comes to mind would be wishing to go back to earth, as the heavens is almost to overwhelming for me. However, due to the situation that has me in the heavens in the first place, I feel like Aigonorous would say no.

Unable to think of anything else, I decide to go for it and ask anyways. "...I'd like to go back to earth if possible. I've been gone for a while, and I want to make sure everyone is okay."

Aigonorous doesn't say anything for a moment. Thinking over my wish. He then looks at me. "Okay."

"Wait, really?"

"If that's your wish, I'll grant it."

"Really!"

I feel relief and excitement wash over me, as I stand there smiling at Aigonorous.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 165 16
It's a typical day like any other... But little do you know you're about to take on the responsibility of six shrunken gods!? But, how? When? And wha...
15K 237 13
"Sunshine? It's me, the idiot you totally didn't miss.." "Excuse me?" ~ Leo Valdez has done everything he could to make things perfect for his return...
45.7K 1.3K 47
a story of star-crossed lovers and their future only the constellations can know. {COMPLETED} (not fully edited)
117K 3.4K 50
Skylar Harris, 18, daughter of Alpha Richard, Alpha of the dark moon pack. Sweetheart who is kind to everyone. always helping her pack mates. hates r...