๐…๐„๐„๐‹ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐‡๐Ž๐Œ๐„ [...

็”ฑ sydneyleggatt

[ ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™š๐™ฃ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ก๐™› ๐™จ๐™š๐™–๐™จ๐™ค๐™ฃ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™ง๐™š๐™š ๐™– - ๐˜ฟ๐™š๐™ง๐™š๐™  ๐™ƒ๐™–๐™ก๐™š ๐™ญ ๐™๐™š๐™ข๐™–๐™ก๐™š ๐™Š๐˜พ ] ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜... ๆ›ดๅคš

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐„๐†๐ˆ๐๐๐ˆ๐๐†
๐Œ๐„๐„๐“ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐‚๐€๐’๐“
๐๐‹๐€๐˜๐‹๐ˆ๐’๐“
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐Ž๐๐„ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐–๐Ž ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐‘๐„๐„ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐…๐ˆ๐•๐„ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐’๐ˆ๐— ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐„๐‹๐„๐•๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐–๐„๐‹๐•๐„ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐‡๐ˆ๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐…๐Ž๐”๐‘๐“๐„๐„๐ โ™•
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐…๐ˆ๐…๐“๐„๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐’๐ˆ๐—๐“๐„๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐’๐„๐•๐„๐๐“๐„๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐„๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“๐„๐„๐ ฯŸ
๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐๐ˆ๐๐„๐“๐„๐„๐ โ™•
๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„

๐‚๐‡๐€๐๐“๐„๐‘ ๐“๐„๐ ฯŸ

1.4K 36 6
็”ฑ sydneyleggatt

*I just thought the song went well with the story...*

The main doors of the Beacon Hills Memorial Hospital slid open as I helped a lady into a seat in the waiting room. Melissa called me a few hours earlier, telling me about the ten-car pile-up that had happened. My job was to make sure nobody was seriously hurt as well as helping patients with minor injuries.

Scott walked in with a take-out bag and Melissa quickly rushed towards him, taking the food out of his hands. I chuckled softly before moving towards a man who was in his early twenties. I bend down in front of him and he groaned in pain. "Is there anything I can have for the pain?" He asked softly and I sighed.

"I'm sorry, but it would actually complicate things," I told him sincerely and he winced as she shifted in his seat, "But I heard that human contact can help," I held out my hand, remembering what Derek told me.

The patient laid in hand in mine and instantly, the searing burn filled my body. The man gasped as the pain slowly went away and I smiled to myself. He moved his hand away and I stood up, "Thank you," He mumbled and I moved towards Melissa, worried.

"Have you heard anything from Dr. Hilyard?" I asked her and she groaned, and I knew that wasn't a good sign.

"She said ten-minutes. She's behind the pile-up which doesn't help our situation," She replied as Scott took a seat on another chair off to the side. "And the ER attending is still not answering any of his pages,"

"Okay, this is bad--" I started to panic as the main doors slid open and a familiar voice yelled for help.

I quickly turned around to see Ethan holding Danny while he looked incredibly ill. "Someone help me!" He called and I looked towards Scott. This wasn't good.

I moved towards Ethan, grabbing Danny by the waist, and brought him to an empty chair. "Gentle, gentle, gentle," Melissa told us as Ethan and I set him down.

Scott pulled Ethan away from Danny, holding onto the collar of his shirt. "What did you do to him?" He accused as I moved over them, concerned.

"Nothing!" Ethan exclaimed and I could tell that he was genuinely worried about Danny. "He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it just kept getting worse..." I looked towards Melissa as she cursed under her breath.

"This is not good," She mumbled as she was crouched in front of Danny. Looking up, she called to the nurse, "How much longer on Dr. Hilyard?" The nurse behind the desk shook her head and I looked at Ethan. "His larynx has shifted to the side. I think it's a tension pneumothorax," Melissa told us as Danny bent to the side and began throwing up.

White liquid and another alarming substance splashed to the ground. "...Mistletoe," I muttered to Scott and Ethan and I knew that Ethan didn't do this. We laid Danny on a medical bed and moved him to another room as he gasped for breath. "You don't think this could be a..." I led off as I looked at Scott.

"It can't be a human sacrifice," He whispered back as Melissa stopped Danny a few feet away, "It was mistletoe, not a three-fold death..." He told me but I wasn't so sure he was right. How did this even get into Danny's system in the first place?

"Syd, I'm gonna need your help," Melissa called to me and moved to the other side of Danny, "Can you two please go back to the waiting room?" She begged Ethan and Scott but they both hesitated.

"Where are the nurses and doctors? Where is everyone?" Ethan asked and I sighed.

"It's a full house tonight-- they're tending to other patients," I told them as I looked at Melissa.

"Okay, well, Mom, how can we help?" Scott asked nervously as I pulled on a pair of gloves.

"Honey, you can't," Melissa replied sadly, "His lung is collapsed. His heart is being pushed against his chest cavity, so--"

"He's going to die, isn't he?" Scott asked grimly and I placed my hand on Danny's shoulder, trying to calm him down.

"...No. No, he's not," Melissa told us as I grabbed the scissors from the table. "Scott, you grab the tape," She said to her son and looked towards me, "Cut his shirt open," I nodded and I moved the scissors towards his T-shirt. I cut through the soft fabric before pulling the shirt away from his chest.

Melissa dug through a metal drawer and pulled out a long needle. "He's not breathing," I told her and she took the cap off of the needle. She moved his finger over the top of his left peck and pushed down lightly. She took a deep breath before plunging the needle into his chest, pulling back on the syringe part.

Danny inhaled a deep breath as the pressure lifted off of his lungs. He exhaled softly and I looked up at Melissa with a smile on my face. "Thank you," Danny told her weakly and she chuckled softly.

"That was awesome!" Scott exclaimed, proudly and I agreed with him.

"It was no problem. You know, I mean, it wasn't a big deal," She replied modestly.

ϟ

I walked outside with Scott, wanting to make sure he was good to go before heading back to the hospital. I also wanted to know if he's talked to Derek since I haven't had the time to check on him. Before I could ask him anything, Ethan walked up to us with his hands in the air, as if he was surrendering. "I know you're not gonna believe me, but I didn't do anything," He told us and Scott spun his helmet between his fingers.

"All I know is that the minute that you got here, you went right for Danny, and your brother went for Lydia," Scott accused and Ethan sighed.

"I don't think you did that," I piped up and both boys looked at me, "That was mistletoe... if you haven't noticed. And I don't think that's very, ya know, werewolf-like," I've never heard of a werewolf that poisons its victims, especially with something as odd as mistletoe.

"Exactly," Ethan agreed, "We're not gonna hurt him," He told Scott and I could see that he was still skeptical.

"Why should I believe you?" Scott asked and I could understand why he was still hesitant. Ethan and Aidan were part of the Alpha pack that wanted Derek dead. Not exactly the most trustworthy people here.

"Because we knew one of them was gonna be important to you... And now we know it's Lydia." Ethan explained and that's when something caught my eye. A car with its headlights on, driving wildly in a zig-zag pattern. I moved away from Ethan and Scott, still staring at the car as it crashed into a smaller vehicle.

"Oh God," I gasped as I ran away from the boys. I stopped in front of the car and pulled open the driver's door. The only thing was, the car was empty. I looked around the empty vehicle, trying to see if there was anyone hurt or any sign of who's car it was.

Scott reached past me and grabbed something off the driver's seat. Lifting it up in the air, Scott, Ethan, and I stared at the dead butterfly, that he held between his fingers.

ϟ

I flipped through my chemistry notebook as the teacher walked in, setting a textbook on the desk. I looked up and to my dismay, it was Ms. Blake. I rolled my eyes discreetly as I grabbed a blue pen from my backpack. Later last night, Scott and Stiles told me that they had found a body after I left, and it was the ER attending.

"Good morning," Ms. Blake started, grabbing everyone's attention, "As you all know, Mr. Harris is still missing-- I mean sick. Anyway, I'm filling in while we all hope and pray for a more qualified substitute to take my place. Okay, so let's get started, shall we?"

I turned around to face Stiles, hoping his dad told him more about the body and if it was a human sacrifice or not. "So, my dad said that the ER attending wasn't strangled but did die from asphyxiation-- they just don't know how," He told us and I frowned.

"Do you think the on-call doctor could still be alive? Dr. Hillyard?" I asked them but I knew it wasn't possible. The Darach was going after healers, which means that most likely, she was dead.

"I don't know... But guys, there's got to be at least twenty other doctors in that hospital at least, you know? Any one of them could be next," Stiles told us and he was right. "Hell, even you could be a sacrifice," He exclaimed quietly as Scott answered his phone.

"I'd like to see someone try and bash my head in, slit my throat, and strangle me. I'm not going to be the third sacrifice since I'm not even a real doctor," I reminded him and he shrugged.

"Syd's not the third sacrifice," Scott told us as he put his phone away, "Deaton is, and I need to find him,"

ϟ

I walked out of the class and made my way towards my locker with Stiles. I could tell that he was stressed, even though he didn't know Deaton, as well as Scott, did. I was the same. After everything that's been happening with Derek, who I still haven't been able to check up on, and now Deaton, school seems like the least of my priorities. "Have you talked to Derek yet?" Stiles asked me as I opened my locker.

"I was hoping to drop by after school or something," I told him as I put my chemistry notes away, "You called your dad, right?"

"Right after Scott left, and I might drop by next period since I have a spare," He replied as my phone started buzzing. I pulled it out of my pocket and swiped on the call.

"We need you at Derek's ASAP, it's an emergency," Isaac said through the phone.

"Why? What's going on?" I panicked at the vague message he said.

"We need help," He stated before he hung up the phone. I put my phone back in my pocket as I grabbed my jacket and turned to Stiles.

"I've gotta run, but call me if anything happens, okay?" I agreed and soon enough, I was in my car on my way to Derek's loft. It's only been two days since the big fight where I thought he died. I prayed that they needed help with cleaning and that nobody had a pole stabbed through them again.

I pulled open the door to Derek's loft and walked in, confused about what the problem was. Boyd had a bag set on the floor and he was hunched over it while Derek and Isaac both watched him. "What are you doing here?" Derek asked as he looked up and I scoffed.

"I just didn't want to be at school, what's their excuse?" I asked the boys as I walked towards them and Isaac brushed off the question.

"Why did you call her?" Derek asked annoyed, "Anyways, you should all be at school,"

"I called her because she can help us with the plan," He told the Alpha and he groaned, "Anyways, Boyd, explain your plan," He said, switching the subject as I jumped onto the desk, letting my legs swing under me.

"Yeah, I thought about the time Gerard had me and Erica locked up, tied up with electrical wires pushing currents through us," Boyd told us and I looked down sadly at the mention of Erica, "I was wondering how we could do something like that... but on a bigger scale," He pulled a large pile of loose wires out of the gym bag and held them in his hands.

He moved away from the group and towards a hose that was laying on the side. He connected it to a faucet on the wall and twisted the small, white knob. "So, we're flooding the loft?" I asked him as he moved towards me, water streaming through the hose.

"Yes," He answered, "In a pool of electrified water, it can take up to fifty milliamps to kill a normal human-- less than the power it takes to turn on a light bulb,"

"That's... comforting..." Derek replied sarcastically and I agreed.

He dropped the hose on the ground and turned towards us, "If we disable the circuit interrupter in the building's electrical room, the current will keep coming, and anyone who steps foot in here?"

I chuckled softly, "They'll get a pretty shocking surprise, especially someone who's barefoot," Isaac laughed quietly at my dumb joke while Derek rolled his eyes dramatically. I noticed his expression and elbowed him lightly in the arm, "Don't be such a sour wolf,"

"So, if this does work, how long will it last?" Derek asked as he stared at the water-enveloped floor.

"Long enough for us to get the upper hand," Isaac said as he pushed away from the wall and walked towards Boyd. I moved over to Derek, pulling him away from the boys.

"I've been meaning to check up on you," I told him as we stopped a few feet away, "How did you even survive? I watched you fall to your death..." I asked him before sighing, "I'm glad you're alive," He smiled softly.

"I had some help," He told me as he leaned against the wall and I furrowed my eyebrows, "Jennifer," He answered.

"Jennifer..." I thought for a second before my eyes widened, "My English teacher!" I exclaimed and both boys looked at me confused. "God, you're sleeping with..." I gagged, "I don't trust her and I don't think you should either,"

Derek scoffed, "I'm not--"

"Don't try lying," I snapped, "Just hear me out. She shows up as a teacher and the human sacrifices start appearing around town. Coincidence, I think not,"

"There's been more human sacrifices?" He asked, changing the subject.

I raked a hand through my hair, annoyed, "Yeah. It's moved onto healers, like doctors and nurses, and it took Deaton," I told him as my phone started to buzz. Before Derek could respond, I held up a finger, telling him to be quiet. I have the right to be petty because when I thought he was dead, he was actually getting laid.

"Stiles, what's up? Did Scott find Deaton?" I asked him as the static crackled through the speaker.

"Actually, no," He replied, "We have Cora at the school and we're going to see if Lydia knows anything," He told me and I could their voices in the background, "Do you think you could meet us here?"

"Yeah, sure thing. I'm on my way," I replied as I hung up the phone. Turning around to face the boys, I asked, "Can you handle things while I'm gone,"

"Don't worry, we'll be fine. It's just a little bit of electricity," Isaac joked and I nodded approvingly. Before I left, I looked at Derek one last time, slowly feeling guilty for going off on him. I shook my head, reminding myself that I had every right to be mad.

He would never know this but I still had feelings for him. If he found out, it could ruin everything, but every once and a while, my mind travels back to a few months ago when I first kissed him. Since then, so much has changed. We had Isaac and Boyd now, as well as Cora, and especially my father. I didn't want to mess up our friendship, but it still made my blood boil that he was with her.

็ปง็ปญ้˜…่ฏป

You'll Also Like

60.3K 1.5K 28
๐šˆ/๐š—, ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐š›, ๐šข๐š˜๐šž, ๐š˜๐š› ๐š ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐šŽ๐šŸ๐šŽ๐š› ๐šข๐š˜๐šž ๐š ๐šŠ๐š—๐š ๐š๐š˜ ๐šŒ๐šŠ๐š•๐š• ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ๐š–, ๐š๐š˜๐šŽ๐šœ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š—๐š˜๐š›๐š๐š‘๐š ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š ๐š‘๐š’๐š๐š‘, ๐š‹๐šž๐š ๏ฟฝ...
34.8K 1.3K 41
You'd think everyone would know all about America's national treasure and the international celebrity icon, but there's more to her than meets the ey...
197K 5.8K 21
REVENGE. when everything is ripped from her, a young victor makes it her mission to eliminate the one who tore her apart. CATCHING FIRE
39.6K 986 27
"Rosemary Aldine, a force to be reckoned with. She's the youngest female Victor, and adored by The Capitol." "She doesn't look very dangerous." "Whic...