Arknights: (Winter's Arc)

By TheLazyYu

A story of a man who had overcome a lot of struggles just to achieve his ideals at the world of Terra More

Prologue
(Chapter 1) - The Bounty Hunter
(Chapter 2) - Identity
(Chapter 3) - Espionage
(Chapter 4) - Setup
(Chapter 5) - Thoughts/Memories/Movement
(Chapter 5.5) - Nightmare
(Chapter 6) - Trouble with Women
(Chapter 7) - MEDIC!
(Chapter 8) - Taken
(Chapter 9) - Savior
(Chapter 10) - Painful
(Chapter 11) - Recovery
(Chapter 12) - Siesta [Part 1]
(Chapter 13) - Siesta [Part 2]
(Chapter 14) - Siesta [Part 3]
(Chapter 15) - Closer to the truth
(Chapter 16) - Clash
(Chapter 17) - Insanity of a broken man
(Chapter 18) - The Hym of Winter's Oath
(Bonus)
(Chapter 19) - The Hidden Mask
(Chapter 20) - Comrades
(Chapter 21) - 2nd Phase
(Chapter 22) - Commitment
(Chapter 23) - Last Hope
[Lemon] (Chapter 24) - Shape of a Frozen Heart
(Chapter 25) - Discovery
(Chapter 26) - Bullet
(Chapter 27) - Cold Blood
(Chapter 28) - Land of Shadows
(Chapter 29) - Ah Kurwa
(Chapter 30) - Press the Attack
(Chapter 31) - Confrontation
(Chapter 32) - A necessary sacrifice
(Chapter 34) - Sync
(Chapter 35) - Mission
(Final Chapter)
(Special Chapter) - Why i Fight
(Special Chapter 2) - Fruit
Timewatch (Profile)
Important Announcement!!!
Hourglass of Time - [Fate]
Hourglass of Time - [Intentions]

(Chapter 33) - Dragon Witch

1.4K 29 22
By TheLazyYu

"Let's do this Ch'en."

The master and student both dashed at the witch, a final battle of Reunion.

"Then death is your answer." Talulah raised her hand flames surrounded them front.

"Clock's World!" Timewatch stopped time jumps to the side an open path. Canceling the ability Talulah narrowed her eyes and blocked his attack. "You!"

"My apologies, but I won't let you unleash another catastrophe ghost!"

*Clang*

After Ch'en unleashed a powerful draw strike, Talulah jumps out of the way and it met with Ryo's gunblades shattering them.

"Idiot! I told you before to control your strength!"

Ryo summoned again his paired swords.

"Not my fault you couldn't dodge it quickly!" The student yelled back after sheathing back the blade.

"You dare talk back to me like that after all the techniques i taught you?"

Timewatch rushed and exchanged strikes with Talulah, the dragon easily blocked even though he was breaking the speed of light.

*Clang*

Ryo pushed her back, Ch'en enters the field switching in.

"Wake up Talulah!" She yelled and with all her strength deflected the witch's sword.

"It's no use, she is drowning down into the abyss, There is no hope to get her back!"

She raised her hand and blocked Ch'en with her flames, luckily Ryo pulled her back, leapt above and threw his trusty bayonets at Talulah.

But all the knives he thrown suddenly melted. Ryo landed a bit with difficulty thanks to his body cursed.

"Really? You underestimated us a bit Koschei."

"Anomaly. How did you know?" The possessed witch raised an eyebrow.

All he could do is just stare at her, He couldn't answer that question, After all he hated him, Koschei and that man was the one who started this war.

"Bastardo, I'll send you to hell, I've already done it with Wei, now your next!"

Ch'en bit her lip hearing that from his mouth, right now she held back her anger from the man.

"Your gonna kill me? Then I'm afraid you can't save her." Koschei was pointing out to Talulah. Knowing her half-sister here, she won't accept it.

"Save her? It's not a matter about saving..." He bitterly answered.

"If you wanted to save someone, you can't save another, that's why..."

Kanshou and Bakuya formed at his hands and pointed them at the possessing sarkaz.

"I'll just kill her!" He declared.

Somehow Ch'en understand what he meant, she walked up to his side with also her blades out.

"Trust me." That's all he could say, the lungmen nodded and smile. "I do, so don't go eating your words later."

"Heh, I'll remember that."

**************************************************************************************

...

It was neither Victory or Defeat at Kazdel, for an honourable soldier has fallen at Rhodes Island eyes.

"It seems i failed." Patriot softly spoke as he leaned at the wall bleeding... "Whatever the gods have intented the future to happen let it be."

Amiya raised her hand down after unleashing her deadly arts at the fallen general.

His loyal men stared at him heartbroken that their leader is slowly running out of life.

"My men, held your head high, this is your chance to atone of our sins, join Rhodes Island this is my final order to you lads."

Dr. Yumi crouched down and touched his gigantic arm. "Doctor, i have one last favor...

"That man, please save him for my daughter's sake."

Hearing his plea, Yumi's tear started to fall, wiping it off she turns around.

"Rosmontis, gather all of Patriot's remaining squad, and ready to be extracted to landship!"

"Roger!"

Amiya then softly spoke. "Take your time everyone, we will be waiting."

The two recieved transmission from Shining. "This is Amiya, what is it Ms. Shining?"

"Come to the palace they are here."

**************************************************************************************

"Annoying!" The witch cursed as the mentor and student simultaneously continued attacking her.

Ch'en whips around and used her tail to block Talulah's sight,

"Burst!" Ryo yelled as his blades grew bigger and knocks Talulah back after a single swing.

"Tch!"

Chi Xiao glowed and found it's target, the owner emerges from the shadows above.

"Unsheathed!" Slashing the sword, Talulah jumps back.

!!!

But instead of a single draw, Ch'en quickly dashed like lightning after her foot touches the ground.

*Clang*

And disarmed her sword.

Knives flew towards her back, she created a barrier and melts again Ryo's projectiles.

"ZAHN!"

Talulah's tremendous strength caught the legendary sword and threw it off along with the lungmen.

"Time Alter! Breathe of Life!" Sands formed around the reunion leader and sandwiched her.

"Dissapate!" Ryo clenched his fist trying to knock her out unconscious.

"You should know better than that. Ryo..."

Flames surrounded her body, and blew off the sand, the hot air that was released managed to inflict wound at his body.

"Guh!" He screamed not because of the wound. But the sands, it indicates the time on his life.

Going down on his knees, he panted very tired, Talulah approached him after grabbing the gigantic sword of hers filled with flames.

"This is where your dream ends. EMIYA..."

!!!

Ch'en managed to deflect the attack, but her jacket got burned, furthermore the edged of it's blade cut off the ribbon on Ch'en's hair causing to fall exposing her true beauty.

Ryo smiled from this, indeed she can even rival to FrostNova, that's what he thought off, quickly he buried that mind on it's grave.

Talulah or should i say Koschei staggered seeing the blue ribbon fall at the ground.

"Argh! No! Don't you wake up!" He screamed very panicked.

"Here..." Ch'en offered a hand at him. Ryo accepted it and regained his ability to stand again.

"Where dream ends?" Ryo laughs pissing off Ch'en a bit from that.

"Your laughing at this situation?!" She yelled at her partner.

"I just can't help it, my bad... Koschei you may be powerful and all, but from my family, we will always turn the tables."

"Your point?"

"Just because your winning doesn't mean we're losing!"

Raising an eyebrow he was confused at his stupid logic.

"Your exactly right Ryo." Ch'en stomped the ground waking her legs up. "if you just care about the solution, then the results is very much flawed."

"I.. No... The EMIYA doesn't know the word surrender, whether we face a god or demon, there will always be a chance to counter your strongest with our strongest." Ryo materialized plain swords at his hand trying to conserve more mana just in case he'll use that.

"Therefore in order to change this world, I'll shatter those stupid principles starting with you!"

"Hmph... Well then, I shall see you two's resolve."

"I have no chance in winning, i will admit that, but that's not where i am aiming at."

Timewatch is indeed strong, yet there are limits to a human can do.

But thanks to combat experience and knowledge, he will use what he learned in the books.

Although Ch'en has to do something for her, the chances of getting close to Talulah is less than 10% for she will burn you quickly on the spot.

**************************************************************************************

Amiya pushed the door, at the throne room she saw Shining waiting for her to arrive.

"You..." FrostNova softly spoke getting her attention.

It was just then the sarkaz and white cautus started discussing some things.

"This is for you..." Ace was holding the crown for Amiya.

"No, not now... We still have one more thing to finish..." Amiya approached the leader of Yeti Squadron.

"You changed. FrostNova-san..." The king or er queen. Noticed her face has no longer black crystals, more importantly, snow started falling at Kazdel.

No not just Kazdel, but from all Terra... With her disease, gone she is now the embodiment of Winter.

"I will join you in one condition..." Even with Ryo's plan, she is still stubborn to accept it. Her squadron and the rest of other Rebels sighed.

"What is it?" Dr. Yumi answered stepping forward. Supporting the newly crowned king.

"Sorry to interrupt your chat Amiya, but we need you there at Chernobog ASAP, some unidentified strong arts is affecting the atmosphere!" Closure spoke through her comms.

"Ready the Chinook quickly, we're setting out for Chernobog this instant!" She ordered an operator and noddignly went away readying their vehicle.

"This is my condition!" Before Amiya and the other departs she spoke up. "I will come with you Amiya, I have to be there to see if he's alright!" It's neither a condition, it was also a plea from what his father also said.

"Even if you ask me that, i will grant it right away." Amiya smiled. "Yup, we are all involved at a life where no can escape." Yumi answered then extended a hand.

"Welcome to Rhodes Island." FrostNova step forward as the two shake hands.

"Ace, Scout i trust my brothers and sisters to you two..." Yelena turns around, the two gave a thumbs up that everything will be alright. "Go ahead, knock some sense at our boss..." Scout jokingly answered.

"Ace and Scout escort these fellow infected to the land cruiser." Amiya ordered the two nods as they left followed by the turned in rebels.

"Hey..." Blaze called the white cautus, Yelena stares at her for a moment waiting for the cat to speak up.

"I'm sorry, if i blamed you back then."

"Hmph, not like it matters to me, it's all in the past." Yelena coldly replied and followed Dr. Yumi heading to the vehicle.

As they head out, Yelena noticed that it was still snowing, could this be her true art potential?

Even so, that snow is pure, no more lies, hatred and deception.

She then came into a realisation. That this power evolved thanks to one man...

Yup it's him...

**************************************************************************************

"RRAAAGGHHH!" Timewatch went full aggressive at his attack.

*Clang*

No matter what he does, his blades only shatters

"Die!"

Ch'en deflected her strikes, Ryo activated Time Alter and quickly moves behind her.

No matter how close he got, flames are already surrounding her as shields. That's why he can't use his hidden secret weapon.

The witch kicks him at the abdomen sending jolting pain from his whole body.

A body made of sands that's why.

From the point of just simple kick is enough for him to feel like a sword shanked him.

He endured it, and grits his teeth, Ryo need a diversion, and that's why he could only count Ch'en on this one out.

"Ch'en! Use all your skills to create an opening!"

"Mou Mantai!" The lungmen ran towards her half-sister. At Koschei's vision he could easily see the pattern and memorized it.

"I'll burn you to ashes!"

Ch'en took another step then reappeared in front of her.

*Clang*

1

This time at the right side.

*Clang*

2

To the left.

*Clang*

3

Above.

*Clang*

4

Behind.

*Clang*

5

"SwordSkill... Shadowless!"

An image of a black dragon roared at Chi Xiao's blade. She both swiped her swords and broke her defense.

"It's now or never Ryo!"

Gathering his energy, he dashed again ready for the final blow.

"Not on my watch!" Talulah's free hand move but before she could incinerate him.

"Clock's World!"

Ryo's POV

I managed to stop it at the right timing.

"Man, i sure love my world's history." I chuckled and stood straight.

Although if i projected that weapon, my ability will be canceled just by holding it.

There! I see her chest.

It was a great opening Ch'en made. Honestly I'm proud of her.

This is a one chance for me to use it, I'll never waste it.

I got on a stance and formed my hand holding a dagger stance.

" Trace on."

NO POV

Time resumed to move, at his hand a powerful dagger that negates all ability, to remove the ghost at the person who was used for suffering.

Koschei widened his eyes that something was piercing at Talulah's chest.

It's dagger's name is...

"RULE BREAKER!!!" He stabbed it deeply within her.

!!!

It's the end of his falsely reign. Koschei the snake.

"GRAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!"

Powerful gust of wind blew around Talulah's body.

Timewatch was forced into a wall, he gasped in pain after the blades inside his right arm sunk more deeper.

Ch'en stood her ground and endured the powerful blowing wind.

The ghost was forced out its host. And screamed in despair.

"IMPOSSIBLE!!! NO CAN DEFEAT ME!!! NO ONE CAN MURDER ME!!!" He cursed and look at Timewatch who has a smug on his face.

"And as promised, I'll send you to hell.." he loaded a origin bullet at his gun.

"Say hi to the bastard for me..."

*BANG*

Even though he's a ghost, the bullet really hit it's head, It's body and face slowly shriveled and blood exploded staining the anomaly's face.

...

Talulah's vision slowly regained, Ch'en still approached her with caution.

"Ch...'en?" She mumbled and saw her half-sister all grown up. With this, it's very enough to bring her usual self back.

"I... I'm sorry..." She looks down, for she doesn't want her sister to look at her face full of guilt and regrets.

Ch'en drop her swords. Crouched down and hugged her sobbing sister.

Ryo seeing this in a distant smiled bitterly...

The crimson red sky faded, all Operators and recruits of Koschei's men stopped fighting, for they all know who already won...

"She did it..." Kal'tsit mumbles...

"I've got to see Ryo-nii quickly!" W left Mudrock and heads to the tower.

*Bang*

Ch'en and Talulah looks behind as Ryo shot a bullet at the sky gaining their attention.

His gunblade disappeared, It is now one step closer at achieving his goal.

"So where are we now?" Yet a calm soothing voice, but it was filled with Murderous intent.

To be continued

Next on Chapter 34: Sync

That was a very tough scenario and dialogues i came up with, But i am very happy that i got to finish it.

Well that's for today. Three more chapters to go almost to the finale.

Thanks so much for continuing to read this book, we have come a long journey, and it's almost time to end.

Peace out Y'all YEET.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 4K 24
TW- Swearing, Violence, Graphic Imagery When Y/N, a genius scientist, is sought after by the Fatui for discovering the key to their victory, she's ta...
850 23 4
This is a story, a story of a traveler, a savior, a hero, a failure, a summoner that will face many things and beings throughout Terra. From saving p...
18K 330 31
Cos, an unknown man, from another world. He wasn't supposed to exist in Terra. He who has lived for eons mastering the power of time and space. What...
2.3K 104 15
1102 was a strange Year from Terra, and so was the preceding 4 others. The Doctor woke up from the Sarcophogas from usual, but there was something ab...