Roommates | [kth.jjk]

By milaaxr

Ex best friends Jungkook and Taehyung are fatefully paired together to share a room for four weeks on a schoo... More

prologue + more
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21. [M]
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30. [M]
31. [M]
32. [M]
33.
34.
35. [M]
36. [M]
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
epilogue [M]
1. [bonus]
2. [bonus]
3. [bonus] [M]
DRAMA CLUB

13.

13K 811 410
By milaaxr

C H A P T E R
THIRTEEN:

"Okay class, I've gotten some reports from students, faculty and staff that work here about noise complaints and a lot of arguing from students that are sharing rooms. I'd like to take this quick moment to say that I'm very disappointed in the vast majority of you. You guys are all old enough to understand how to cope, or even tolerate sharing a room with each other. So for today's hike, I've decided that instead of you guys choosing your own partners, you're going to have to be partners with your roommate," Mrs. Wilson says, her fingers shaking as she buttons her coat up.

Some students whisper excitedly to each other, happy to get to know their fellow roommates, whereas others groaned loudly, huffing. Mrs. Wilson rolls her eyes when she hears that some students were stomping their feet and complaining, "oh grow up everyone! You did this to yourself. Today's hike is going to be a longer one so get used to it. And if I don't see any improvements in behavior I will not hesitate to start sending students home! Now, in an orderly manner, get into your pairs and like up...one pair at a time."

Jungkook was part of the group of kids that were moaning, but his were mental as Taehyung was standing near and he didn't want the blue eyed boy to hear him complain. Jungkook makes eye contact with Taehyung, who gives him a short smile, before he goes back to conversing with Yoongi. Jungkook quickly returns the smile, sighing when Taehyung turns away. Wendy turns to Jungkook, "welp, I'm going to head over to Irene. She's my roommate. Have fun with Taehyung," she says quietly, hugging Jungkook from the side before excitedly heading over to Irene and her group of friends.

Jungkook sighs. For a girl who doesn't know how to make friends, she's sure made quite a lot of them over the week. Jungkook shoves his hands in his coat pockets while he musters up the right amount of courage to walk up to Taehyung and the rest of his friends. As he walks over to Taehyung, he bumps into a familiar body. Jungkook's brown eyes squint up to see Wonho, smiling down at him. "Oh hey Jungkook," he says, moving to stand in front of Jungkook. The cherry haired boy immediately smiles at the sight of his warm smile, and tries his best resist the urger to melt into a puddle right at the bottom of Wonho's boots.

"Wonho! Hey! It feels like forever since I last saw you! It's weird because we're in the same class," Jungkook laughs, placing his small hand on Wonho's toned arms. Jungkook then resists the urge to take his hand and rub it up and down Wonho's bicep. Wonho chuckles, agreeing with Jungkook, "right? It feels like I have to catch the right moment just to bump into you!" Jungkook laughs again, the sound of his laugh smooth and toned.

"You know where my room is, come hang out with me and Wendy some time. You can meet Jin and Hoseok," Jungkook says in a low tone, looking up at Wonho with doe eyes from under his thick lashes. Wonho laughs again, "Jin and Hoseok? Are they your pets or teddies?" He asks, squeezing Jungkook's cheeks, speaking in a high pitched voice. Jungkook's blush travels to his cheeks, clear enough for the whole world to see. Jungkook shrugs, "I guess you could say teddy bears," he laughs once again, "but no, they're my friends I met...come to think of it, Jin will really like you."

Wonho bursts out laughing, ruffling Jungkook's bright hair, "you're so cute. You remind me of my younger brother," he says, babbling on about his brother. Meanwhile, Jungkook's smile falls off of his face, and in its place was a frown. Brother? Couldn't Wonho see Jungkook's excessive flirting? Jungkook sighs, his shoulders falling, slumping down. There goes his chance to have a big bodyguard of a boyfriend. Jungkook's brown eyes catch Wendy's excited ones, who's making hand puppets, pressing them together, making kissing motions. Jungkook shakes his head vigorously, shivering in disgust, whereas Wendy nods, a sly smile on her face as she continues to weird Jungkook out with her hand puppets.

He makes a hand gesture to tell her to cut it out, but Wonho sees this and turns around in confusion. Jungkook tries to usher him back around but it's too late, he's already looking straight at Wendy, who's embarrassingly still making kissy faces. Wendy's eyes widen when she sees Wonho staring at her and she immediately turns around, not looking back at him. Jungkook chuckles from behind Wonho, "that's Wendy for you." Wonho turns around back to Jungkook with a love sick look in his eyes.

"She's so pretty," he drawls out, almost forgetting that Jungkook was standing right there. Jungkook looks at him weirdly, "easy there big boy," the cherry haired boy begins, snapping his finger so Wonho could focus on him, "Hoseok has the hots for her too, so don't even think about ruining it." Wonho snaps out of his trance with a sullen look, not saying anything, almost like he was lost for words. Jungkook sighs and says, "and anyways, if you liked her, why didn't you talk to her instead of me?" Jungkook inquires, looking up at the tall boy with his head tilted.

Wonho stutters on his words and itches the back of his head as he thinks of the right words to say, "I thought that if I became close with you first, she'd like me better..." He says, unsure. Jungkook was taken aback, his eyes wide and shocked, "what do you mean?" He says slowly. Wonho sighs, "I didn't mean it like that!" He rushes out, blocking Jungkook from walking away.

Jungkook scoffs, "then what did you mean?" The gentleness and softness still in his voice. When Wonho can't come up with a good enough answer Jungkook rolls his eyes and says, "Wonho...it's okay that you like her. But what's not okay is being a dick just because you have one. In addition, judging by the recent events, I'm slowly losing faith in if you have one or not."

------

When Jungkook walks away, Wendy runs straight up to him, "oh my god Jungkook! What happened?" Jungkook sighs, "I'll tell you after the hike." She nods and walks away, heading back over to Irene the rest of her group of friends. Jungkook sighs once more, finally feeling brave enough to head over to Taehyung.

However, when Jungkook looks up, he sees Taehyung looking straight from him and Wonho. Jungkook's heart beats faster than before, "please don't tell me he heard and seen all of that," Jungkook mutters to himself, embarrassment running through his veins. When Jimin sees Jungkook walk up to the group, his smile visibly brightens, and he leaps onto Jungkook, hugging him tightly, "I'm so excited to walk up this hike with you!" He shouts out, ruffling Jungkook's hair. The cherry haired boy chuckles loudly as he converses with Yoongi, Namjoon and Jimin.

Jungkook looks over to Taehyung, who's eyes are on the ground. Sighing the cherry haired boy takes a leap of faith and moves to stand next to the sullen blue eyed boy, "hey..." Jungkook begins. Taehyung's head snaps up in shock when he hears Jungkook's smooth and pitched voice flow into his ears.

Taehyung takes a long look at the sight next to him, feeling like he's in a dream. Jungkook was standing next to him, his cherry hair all messy from the wind. His cheeks and nose turning pink from the cold, making Jungkook look cute. Taehyung's heart paces faster as he realizes how cute Jungkook looked.

"Hey," Taehyung almost chokes out, his deep voice low and raspy. Jungkook smiles and turns the other way, tapping his feet. Taehyung opens his mouth to say something, his large, gloved hand hovering over Jungkook's shoulder. But before he could say anything, Mrs. Wilson announces out, "time to start the hike! Come one guys!"

Everyone begins walking in their pairs.

Unlike last time, Jungkook was at the front, walking - the only difference was that this time, a certain blue eyed boy was trailing next to him.

Jungkook had his earphones in throughout the whole walk up the trail, not even glancing at Taehyung because he just didn't know what to say. When they were nearing the top, however, Jungkook decides to take his earphones out discreetly and put them in his pocket. The cherry haired boy clears his throat loudly which catches Taehyung's attention.

Taehyung smiles quickly, before averting his eyes back to the ground. Jungkook reaches out and places his hand on Taehyung's upper arm, to which the blue eyed boy almost jolts up in shock. When Taehyung's wide eyes meet Jungkook's brown ones, Jungkook retracts his hand, and says, "I'm sorry, but I just wanted to talk to you about something."

Taehyung's heart is heating so fast that he couldn't form any type of sentences to reply, so he just nods at Jungkook, silently ushering the smaller boy to go on. Jungkook takes a deep breath, looking back between Taehyung and his fidgeting hands. He takes another deep breath, whispering, "yesterday...I heard you say something."

Taehyung's head tilts in confusion at Jungkook's words, but before he could say anything, Jungkook raises his hand putting a stop to Taehyung's confused thoughts.

"I heard you say that you didn't like yourself," Jungkook says, meeting Taehyung's wide eyes with courage, and the feeling to put things right. Taehyung stammers on his words for a moment or two before saying, "you weren't meant to hear that, I'm so sorry."

Chuckling, Jungkook shoves his hands in his pockets, trying to get his hands to regain some warmth. Taehyung sees this, and takes off his own gloves, handing them over to Jungkook. Jungkook immediately pushes the gloves away gently, shaking his head. But the blue eyed boy gives him a stern look and pulls Jungkook hands over, slowly donning the gloves over Jungkook's small hands. The cherry haired boy finds comfort almost immediately in the warmth.

"Thank you Taehyung," he whispers.

Taehyung shakes his head, his black hair bouncing with every movement. Silence falls between the two of them again. But this time, Jungkook has a heavy feeling in his heart. Indescribable. But powerful. His eyes cast over to Taehyung, who looks downcast. And the feeling starts to get bigger, clouding Jungkook's judgement.

Jungkook sighs, "you shouldn't say those things about yourself Taehyung," Jungkook can't help himself, and mindlessly he tries to comfort Taehyung with his words. The cherry haired boy takes another big breath, looking up at the cloudless blue sky for a moment or two before slowly looking back at Taehyung, with a unknown fire in his chocolate eyes.

The blue eyed boy doesn't say anything, and so Jungkook takes this as his chance to explain, "people love you Taehyung. You're such a nice boy, and I don't know why you see it. You're so lucky to have the things you do. And right now, you may not like yourself but there's people out there who do. Like your friends, your mom...me..." Jungkook says, apprehensively, the insureness still laced in his soft voice.

Taehyung chuckles, a scoff escaping his plump lips, "the things I have, maybe I don't want them. Maybe the things that I do want...desperately, I don't have...what do I do then?"

Jungkook shrugs slightly, "then what do you want?"

Taehyung's eyes now hold a fire, that familiar fire that burnt Jungkook's whole body with just a look. The heart rising from the bottom of his heart, shooting and exploding like a firework all over his small body. Taehyung eyes travel uncontrollably from Jungkook's brown, glassy and doe orbs to his cute pink nose, over to his lips that were parted.  "I don't know what I want yet," his voice rasps out.

The cherry haired boy musters up enough courage to return the heated look mindlessly as he says, "it's quite simple really, when you find out what it is that you want, you go and get it," Jungkook emphasizes, a sort of glint in his brown eyes that were hinting a unknown message to Taehyung.

Taehyung gives him a soft smile, nodding. Okay Koo, he thinks, his thoughts running wild.

What does Taehyung want?

--------

I almost never uploaded this chapter smh. I've been ahead of my publishing schedule but been a bit stressed lately so that's why it's late. Sorry for the late chapter you guys. Can you guys read in between Jungkook's lines? We're nearly halfway through this book, woohoo!
Also I'm planning a new book. Yes! You heard it here first! Of course I'm not going to publish or start it now due to being held up with this book. However I have been reading the comments and requests taken from some comments in Talking Body about a more raunchier taekook book. So expect it. It's coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 77.7K 42
It's been eleven years since Kim Taehyung became mute. Eleven years since Taehyung went through something traumatizing and decided to stop talking. N...
1.1M 71.4K 50
"I'm pretty sure this is illegal, right?" "Yeah, but that's the fun part of it babe." ~ In which the beautiful but not so adventurous Kim Taehyung ge...
1.6M 103K 98
Everyone has a soulmate, even the coldest people, the warmest people, people miles apart. And no matter what, you eventually run into your soulmate. ...
1.5M 67.9K 37
"I, Kim Taehyung, Alpha of Red Cresent pack, reject you, Min Jungkook, as my mate." Min Jungkook. Some may describe him as an innocent bunny. Many ad...