Count On Me (Discontinued)

By Sunshine_CJ

a cute story about friendship Started: June 29, 2020 Ended: H I G H E S T R A N K S #101 nonfiction #391 ado... More

๐Ÿ’œI n t r o d u c t i o n๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 1๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 3๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 4๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 5๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 6๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 7๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 8๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 9๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 1 0๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 1 1๐Ÿ’œ
๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 1 2๐Ÿ’œ

๐Ÿ’œC h a p t e r 2๐Ÿ’œ

37 7 11
By Sunshine_CJ

Double update!! If you haven't already go read the chapter before this :) thank you

*3rd person POV*

Jena woke up around 10:30. She normally woke up around 5pm but she didn't stay up that late since Megan slept in her bed.

She looked over and noticed her sister still sleeping so she slowly got up, grabbed her charged phone, and went to the bathroom.

She turned the shower on and let it get heated while she chose her playlist. After about 6 minutes she decided on her playlist which included Lana Del Rey, Melanie Martinez, Billie Eilish, and Aurora.

She almost died from a heart attack when there was a banging on the door.

"Jena get out of the shower it's already been an hour and a half come on!" Megan complained.

"Bro calm down."

About 15 minutes later she came out of the shower and sent Megan a glare as she walked back to her room.

She was going to take a walk around her house before she had to go meet the neighbors so she started picking out an outfit. She chose a striped tank top that was also cropped with some loose jean shorts, a black belt, mustard yellow converse, and a pair of triangle-shaped sunglasses she hooked on to the belt loop of her shorts. (The outfit in the intro) She opened the drawer of her nightstand and pulled out her ear earbuds and plugged them in to her phone.

"Mom I'm going to go take a walk!"

"Ok honey be safe and be back in time to meet the neighbors!"

"Alright!"

She closed the front door and stood at the edge of the porch stairs while she continued the playlist she was listening to.

Summertime Sadness came on and she started humming along to it. She walked for a good 15-17 minutes until she had ran into someone. She pulled out her earbuds and looked to see who she ran into.

"Oh my gosh I am so so sorry! I was just walking and listening to music and I wasn't pa-"

"Its ok. Don't worry. I'm fine," the stranger laughed.

She looked to be about 4'11 or just about 5'0. She was a mixed girl with dark brown, straightened hair. She wore dark blue ripped jeans with a navy blue and white striped shirt with navy blue Vans with flowers on the back and an oversized grey jacket.

"Hey are you the person that just moved here?" The mysterious girl asked.

"Um, yeah in that house," Jena pointed the house the were standing in front of.

"That's what I thought. I saw you sitting in the grass yesterday," she explained.

"Are you like a stalker? Or something?" Jena asked with a suspicious face.

The shorter girl laughed, "No I wish," she said in a joking manner. "But I was in my kitchen and I looked out the window and just saw you."

Jena mouthed a silent "Oh" and they stood there in awkward silence.

"So whats your name? "

"Oh, its Jena," she awkwardly laughed, wondering if she should also ask the other girl's name.

"My name's Ashanti."

Jena was about to keep walking when Ashanti stopped her, "Hey, I don't know if you've already made any new friends, but I was just about to head over to my friend Cierra's house if you wanna come."

"Uhhh, yeah sure just let me call my mom real quick."

She got off the phone and they started walking. It wasn't awkward silence but it wasn't comfortable since either. It wasn't even a 5 minute walk since Cierra's house was right beside them.

"Are you gonna knock? " Jena asked as Ashanti turned the door knob.

"Pfff no. I do this all the time," Ashanri replied.

They walked in the house and were greeted with a cinnamon scent.

"Hello Ashanti, Cierra's up in her room. As always," Cierra's mom rolled her eyes.

Her gaze turned to Jena, "And you must be the new neighbor. Hi, I'm (insert name of choice). And it's nice to meet you. Don't you have a sister? "

"Im Jena, and yeah but she's still at home," she smiled and Ashanti grabbed her hand as they walked up the stairs. Ashanti stopped abruptly, causing Jena to run into her.

"Shhh listen."

There was music. Loud music. It sounded like it was in a different language but it had just ended. And then more music started.
Ashanti and Jena put their ears on the door and listened very closely. Someone was singing.

She's a really good singer Jena thought.

Ashanti slowly opened the door without making any sound. Jena realized the song to be the karaoke version of Young &Beautiful by Lana Del Rey. Ashanti motioned for Jena to stand behind the door.

Cierra stood in front of her white vanity and watched herself in the mirror as she sang. She changed her stance multiple times trying to make it sound better but nothing changed.

She was about the same height as Jena probably 5'2 or 5'3. She was a mixed girl and had carmel-colored skin. Her hair was about shoulder-length; it was curly and fluffy and bounced everytime she moved. She was wearing shorts with smiley faces on them with a cute oversized Harry Potter sweater.

The song ended and she walked over to her computer and typed something else. A beat started to play and Ashanti looked at Jena- who had a scared look on her face because she was in a strangers house with another stranger- and signaled for her to just stay there.

The beat picked up and Ashanti knew it was Fire by BTS. Cierra walked over to her twin size bed and grabbed her phone.

Ashanti slowly crept out of the door and when the timing was right she yelled 'FIIAAHHHH OHHH'

Cierra screamed and fell off her bed with a thud. Ashanti started laughing and so did Cierra. She got up and paused the song.

"Oh my gosh you should have seen your face ahaaha," Ashanti managed to get out.

"Dude you almost gave me a freaking heart attack."

At this point Jena started walking out and Cierra stared at her.

"What are you- OH this is Jena our new neighbor."

"Oh. Hi I'm Cierra!" She said with a bright smile, causing Jena to break out a smile too.

She didn't wait for Jena to reply before she went and gave her a giant hug. She looked at Ashanti for help and she gave her the 'sorry-I-cant-help-you' look. When she let go they all sat on her bed and talked while Jena's eyes wandered around her room.

It was a cute room, kind of cluttered but still cute. Behind the door was 3 posters of this 'BTS' band she listened to. She had a white vanity and on top was multiple brushes and combs in a container, a makeup box, a basket that held a lot of hair products, a cup which had some fluffy makeup brushes in it, a mirror, and an earring stand which had countless amount of sparkly and dangly earrings. There was a little desk in front of a shelf that had little jars and containers that help paintbrushes, colored pencils, mechanical pencils, and markers. There was a pastel pink box beside the desk that held a notebook, journals, planners, and binders in it. Her eyes then wandered to the shelf. On the top row was 5 albums, most likely by BTS. A CD holder and a little doll. The second one down had all the Harry Potter books and 1 movie. There was also a little Harry Potter doll, a Quidditch uniform, round glasses and a wand. Also the Hunger Games Trilogy. The next shelf had a bunch of papers and cards, probably gifts from friends and family and stuff. And the last two shelves were filled with collectable dolls. Something caught Jena's eye and she turned her focus to the wall behind her bed. It had a painting that said "The Halls" in white letters with 8 stick figures, all different colors. That's probably her family Jena wondered. There were also pictures of her with her friends all in fancy dresses and one with her and this girl named Ashanti. She had lots of different pictures and a frame that said FAMILY at the top that was empty.

Jena looked back at the other two and they were staring at her.

"Do you want a room tour!?" Cierra yelled to which Jena flinched but laughed and nodded her head yes.

"YAYY! Sorry. Ok so this is my piano and this is my notebook. I have a bunch of songs in there and its mostly BTS, thats K-Pop by the way, like Korean music. That's my desk but you already saw that. And here's my stuffed animal collection, " she pointed to a net that hung from the ceiling filled with stuffed animals and a little cubby hole that also had stuffed animals.

"And and, this is ny favourite part. This is my closet!! Way back there are all my hoodies and jackets. And there are my long sleeves and sweaters. Those are my short sleeves and crop tops. And these are like these 80's style bellbottom pants they are really cute. And here are my skirts and just got this denim one yesterday. And these are all my dresses."

Jena chuckled at how out-of-breath and excited she was.

"Do you guys want to go to the park!?"

"Cierra no. Its way to hot to be outside," Ashanti exclaimed.

"Only for you because all you wear is black. And you have a jacket on! Of course you're gonna be hot idiot!" Cierra retaliated.

"Do you wanna go to the park, Jena?"

Jena slowly nodded and Cierra sqealed and jumped up and down in excitement.

"Ok ok. Let me get ready. You guys can go and talk to my mom. Or don't she might embarrass me."

Cierra quickly got dressed and walked out wearing a cute denim overall dress with a baby blue and white striped shirt with a pink collar. She paired it with a butterfly necklace and matching butterfly earrings and a bracelet with pastel pink converse. (Also the outfit in the intro) Ashanti had already explained everything to Cierra's mom and they were walking out the door. While Jena and Ashanti walked, Cierra skipped/ galloped along the sidewalk slightly ahead of them, her fluffy hair bouncing cutely.

"Oh Cierra," Jena got her attention.

"Yeahhh," she replied.

"That song you were singing, Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey...I like Lana Del Rey too and I thought you sang it really well. And I also like your outfit," she complimented.

"Oh you heard that?" She stopped skipping and looked at the ground, slightly embarrassed, "Well that was the first time I've sang that song with the karaoke. Personally, I could've done better but thank you. And I like your outfit too!" She smiled and continued skipping until they reached the park.

Cierra immediately ran to the swings and started swinging. Ashanti sent her a judgemental glare and Jena chuckled. They went and sat under the shelter before walking over to the swing. Cierra had stopped swinging and was now going down the slide when she sqealed.

"Ahhhhhh guys guys guys guys! Come here!!"

They got there thinking something was wrong when they saw her looking down.

"I ran over here for what. Wasted my energy for what?" Ashanti complained.

"Its a butterfly!"

"Awwwwe," Jena sqealed.

The two tallest grabbed it and held it between their hands.

"This is our child, " Jena said.

"Yes. His name is Jeremy."

They put him on the seesaw....and let him go down the slide, and pushed him on the swings.

It was getting dark and they decided to bury him. Jena and Cierra dug a little hole in the mulch while Ashanti made a cross out of wood chips and grass. They said their goodbyes to Jimothy and said they would visit him.

Now they were walking home. They had small conversations here and there, laughing about everything. They reached their own houses and waved bye as they stood at their porches.

Then they walked inside.

~•To the world you may be one person,
But to one person you may be the world•~

Hii double update!!

Funny story/ fun fact: that butterfly story actually happened in real life so thats cool hehe also he was already dead when we found him haha. I like this chapter its cute.

Is there anything I should change or do you guys like it so far...
Don't forget to vote and comment :)))

Baii
~C.JH💜💜

[Word count- 2112]
[Not edited]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 554 91
A group of girls, their life, their career, love life, friendship. It's about them. This story shows their life, ups and downs. A story with multipl...
3.6K 208 50
:0 Story on how Taegyu met Sequel to Friends! | TXT text Story Started: December 1st 2022 Ended: December 31st 2022
21K 190 15
Short stories that are aimed for love, cuteness, but most importantly, You. Find BxB, GxG, CrushxReader, and other story types that are small in word...
651K 13.8K 23
THIS STORY IS BEING EDITED FROM START TO FINISH #15 in Fiction 06/10/2018 ยฉ 2016 All Rights Reserved -M